It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Hatred. (Impossible Thread, Episode #2)

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

colbe
The nonsense of Catholicism being pagan. You would have to proclaim the same about Protestantism. Here's basically why...

Just because two things are similar does not make them the same.

~ quote from Rev. Woodrow, author of anti-Catholic book called Babylon, Mystery Religion:

..."My reason for pulling the original book (BMR) out of print was quite basic: Citing similarities between Catholic practices and pagan practices proves nothing if there is no actual connection. One could take virtually anything—even McDonald’s golden arches—and do the same: The Encyclopedia Americana (article: "arch") says the use of arches was known in Babylon as early as 2020 B.C. As Babylon was called "the golden city" (Is. 14:4, KJV), can there be any doubt about the origin of the golden arches? As silly as this is, this is the type of proof that has been offered again and again about the supposed pagan origins of the Catholic Church.

It is the same method atheists use in seeking to discredit the Bible and Christianity altogether—not just the Catholic Church. By this method, one also could condemn Protestant and Evangelical denominations such as the Assemblies of God, Baptist, Church of Christ, Lutheran, Methodist and Nazarene: Basic things such as prayer and kneeling in prayer would have to be rejected, as pagans knelt and prayed to their gods. Water baptism would have to be rejected, for pagans had numerous rites involving water. The list could go on and on.

By this method, even the Bible would have to be rejected as pagan. All of the following practices or beliefs mentioned in the Bible were also known among pagans: raising hands in worship, taking off shoes on holy ground, a holy mountain, a holy place in a temple, offering sacrifices without blemish, a sacred ark, a city of refuge, bringing forth water from a rock, laws written on stone, fire appearing on a person’s head, horses of fire, the offering of first fruits, and tithes.

By this method, the Lord himself would be pagan. The woman called Mystery Babylon had a cup in her hand; the Lord has a cup in his hand (Ps. 75:8). Pagan kings sat on thrones and wore crowns; the Lord sits on a throne and wears a crown (Rev. 1:4; 14:14). Pagans worshiped the sun; the Lord is the "sun of righteousness" (Mal. 4:2). Pagan gods were likened to stars; the Lord is called "the bright morning star" (Rev. 22:16). Pagan gods had temples dedicated to them; the Lord has a temple (Rev. 7:15). Pagan gods were pictured with wings; the Lord is pictured with wings (Ps. 91:4)."...

www.catholicthinker.net... -look to the right side of the home page-

whitewave,

I am putting this quote up again for you to read. The quote is from a non-Catholic Christian, a minister explaining why the Catholicism is Pagan protest does NOT fly. Will you read and then reply. You have to
mark Catholicism is Pagan off your list.

God bless you,

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

No worries, I just like to deny ignorance.

Well, I will admit to having a knee-jerk reaction to hearing someone claim my church is the Whore of Babylon.

That is why I posted the article that gives background on this theory. I hope everyone who thinks the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon takes a few minutes to read it.

Whore of Babylon Theory

Sadly, it seems people don't want to take the time to look if it means they have to consider the possibility they might be wrong.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Neno is not my spokesman. He's his own man and speaks out against things he feels the need to. (BTW, thanks Neno.)

I appreciate your desire to save someone you think needs it, Colbe, but the bible says to work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. It doesn't say to work out everyone else's with whatever it is you've been presenting. Thanks but no thanks for the offer.

I am putting this quote up again for you to read. The quote is from a non-Catholic Christian, a minister explaining why the Catholicism is Pagan protest does NOT fly. Will you read and then reply. You have to

Heard ya twice the first time. Still not convinced. Thanks anyway.
edit on 6-1-2014 by whitewave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

whitewave
reply to post by colbe

You did notice that the quotes in my link were made by the RCC? These are your own people saying these things, not Protestants. Btw, I view RCC and Protestantism as two horns on the same goat.

whtiewave, hi

I just noticed your reply above, sorry. You can't use Catholic writings to attack the faith. And most likely it comes from an anti-Catholic site. You were not properly taught otherwise you would not of left the faith. The problem with the last fifty some years. I was fallen away for a long time. Pray, ask Our Lord if He wants you to return? He sure does ww.

You can't be your own pope, it is easier for sure but look at the error. I noticed a heresy in one of your
other comments further on...

The rotten "imputation" heresy of Jesus did it all on the Cross, your sins are forgiven, you're
in, you're saved. This is not true. What of your life lived? What if you fall down and commit a mortal sin? Why must we persevere to the end? Jesus did NOT impute His perfect righteousness and perfect sacrifice on the Cross on to you, you're covered. He redeemed mankind, Our Lord opened Heaven.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Thanks for re-posting. Can you fix the link?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

sad_eyed_lady

Well, I will admit to having a knee-jerk reaction to hearing someone claim my church is the Whore of Babylon.

Probably about the same as non-Catholics being told they're delusional, heretics, damned to eternal hellfire, etc. Also, it wasn't me referring to the RCC as the whore of Babylon; it's a bible verse that makes every indication (imho) of describing the RCC.

I don't want to get into mud-slinging and name-calling. That's not what God's children need to be doing. I can only walk in the light I have, not in whatever light someone else may see.
Blessings to you cuz.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

whitewave

sad_eyed_lady

Probably about the same as non-Catholics being told their delusional, heretics, damned to eternal hellfire, etc. Also, it wasn't me referring to the RCC as the whore of Babylon; it's a bible verse that makes every indication (imho) of describing the RCC.

I don't want to get into mud-slinging and name-calling. That's not what God's children need to be doing. I can only walk in the light I have, not in whatever light someone else may see.
Blessings to you cuz.

You're already slinging it with your attack on the faith again, the faith, Roman Catholicism is not the "whore of Babylon." A misinterpretation of Scripture, "private judgment" is heresy. God did not
give everyone reading the Bible the authority to interpret it. Do you see the fruit of "private judgment",
error and division.

I do not know any Catholics who say non-Catholics are damned. God is the judge whitewave. Catholics would be lying if the backed the heresies that Protestants profess.

The ridiculous "Jesus did it all on the Cross", the "imputation" heresy is one example.

Go pray before the Tabernacle, Jesus will give you the needed grace to come home. You would not
of left if you knew the faith. How happy that would make your family.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by colbe

I am not sure what link you mean sad_eye_lady?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You can't use Catholic writings to attack the faith. And most likely it comes from an anti-Catholic site. You were not properly taught otherwise you would not of left the faith. The problem with the last fifty some years. I was fallen away for a long time. Pray, ask Our Lord if He wants you to return? He sure does ww.

I can't quote Catholic writings when the Catholics making the statements expose themselves? I know you're being serious but this just cracks me up. Who says I can't use Catholic writings to attack the faith? Who says I'm attacking the faith? Of course the material comes from a site opposing Catholicism. Not really expecting the RCC to put out any information that would make them look bad.

I was indoctrinated just like all the other little kids getting their hands swatted with rulers and racking up demerits. I just saw through the charade at a much younger age than my peers. I was allowed to ask 3 questions of a visiting Bishop when I was around 7 (age of reason) and He couldn't answer them with any degree of believability. That's when I knew that if they couldn't even answer simple questions a child might ask that there was something wrong with the system. It was then I began to study Catholicism in earnest, much to the nuns delight.....until they realized what I'd figured out in all my studies. Then it was back to rulers and demerits. I've learned much, much more since my early childhood and I've found that the RCC is not for me.

No one's trying to take away your faith, colbe, or even to deter you from your path. At least I don't think anyone is. I'm certainly not. I don't think we agree on the definitions of certain words and I know we don't agree on dogma. As a recovering former Catholic I just wanted my brothers and sisters to know that I don't hate them.

Also, if I understand you correctly, you thought I was promoting a "once saved, always saved" doctrine? It's not an issue I care to get into because I think that bone's got more meat on it than we could chew on for a month but I would like to clarify that I was not promoting that particular doctrine. Hope that clears it up for you.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

whitewave
reply to post by colbe

Neno is not my spokesman. He's his own man and speaks out against things he feels the need to. (BTW, thanks Neno.)

I appreciate your desire to save someone you think needs it, Colbe, but the bible says to work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. It doesn't say to work out everyone else's with whatever it is you've been presenting. Thanks but no thanks for the offer.

Heard ya twice the first time. Still not convinced. Thanks anyway.

Why do you bother to comment in a Catholic thread then? What are you doing here? I replied to your initial post sister and you never bothered to reply back to me. Oh well...the pain of it.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

whitewave
reply to post by colbe

You can't use Catholic writings to attack the faith. And most likely it comes from an anti-Catholic site. You were not properly taught otherwise you would not of left the faith. The problem with the last fifty some years. I was fallen away for a long time. Pray, ask Our Lord if He wants you to return? He sure does ww.

I can't quote Catholic writings when the Catholics making the statements expose themselves? I know you're being serious but this just cracks me up. Who says I can't use Catholic writings to attack the faith? Who says I'm attacking the faith? Of course the material comes from a site opposing Catholicism. Not really expecting the RCC to put out any information that would make them look bad.

I was indoctrinated just like all the other little kids getting their hands swatted with rulers and racking up demerits. I just saw through the charade at a much younger age than my peers. I was allowed to ask 3 questions of a visiting Bishop when I was around 7 (age of reason) and He couldn't answer them with any degree of believability. That's when I knew that if they couldn't even answer simple questions a child might ask that there was something wrong with the system. It was then I began to study Catholicism in earnest, much to the nuns delight.....until they realized what I'd figured out in all my studies. Then it was back to rulers and demerits. I've learned much, much more since my early childhood and I've found that the RCC is not for me.
No one's trying to take away your faith, colbe, or even to deter you from your path. At least I don't think anyone is. I'm certainly not. I don't think we agree on the definitions of certain words and I know we don't agree on dogma. As a recovering former Catholic I just wanted my brothers and sisters to know that I don't hate them.

Also, if I understand you correctly, you thought I was promoting a "once saved, always saved" doctrine? It's not an issue I care to get into because I think that bone's got more meat on it than we could chew on for a month but I would like to clarify that I was not promoting that particular doctrine. Hope that clears it up for you.

Just as I thought, using Catholic writing by anti-Catholics to attack the faith. Your sources should be the
Truth of which ever group you belong to and defend your new beliefs with them instead of trying to use Catholic teaching to attack the faith.

I reply to your comments because when you post lies about the faith, Catholics are going to respond. See, it is true, if you knew the faith you would never of left. Please come home, Jesus is going to show you
"soon" as Heaven says, the Remnant is Roman Catholic.

No I was not, the "imputation" heresy is another heresy not the OSAS heresy. OSAS may of come from it.
Do not believe Jesus did it all on the Cross sister, you are saved.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

whitewave
reply to post by OpinionatedB

God is Holy and can not stand to look on sin. We were created without sin but, like Lucifer chose to rebel against God, we also chose to rebel against God in the garden of Eden. Lucifer was cast out of heaven and we were cast out of the garden.
Because God loves His children (us) even more than we love our own children, He provided a way for God and man to be in fellowship with each other again, blood sacrifice. The old testament practice of sacrificing a perfect lamb was a foreshadow or picture of what was to come-Jesus. Jesus lived his entire life sinlessly and in perfect union and harmony with God as we were supposed to have done but failed. When He shed His blood on the cross willingly He became "the Lamb of God", a perfect sacrifice.
When we come before our God we do so in the name and under the acceptable covering of Jesus. Kind of like a notorious convicted felon (us) waving a presidential pardon (Jesus blood sacrifice) everywhere they go. We can get in to places (presence of God) with that pardon whereas if we didn't have it, we'd be tossed out on our rears.

whitewave,

Go further if you would and think about the "practice of sacrificing a perfect Lamb", what did they do with the Passover Lamb after they sacrificed it? They CONSUMED it. Do you see how things are much greater in the New Covenant? Our Lord is the New Covenant Passover Lamb (you see this fact) and we do the same, we consume Him when we receive the most Holy Eucharist. The Eucharist is Our Lord, God not simply a sacrificed animal! You have to believe, have faith dear sister. This is God's plan. Jesus' presence in the Eucharist is SUPERNATURAL.

The underlined, there it is, the false teaching of Our Lord did it all on the Cross, "covered", your
sins are forgiven, you are in, you are saved. This is known as the "imputation" heresy.

GBY,

colbe

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
"private judgment" is heresy. God did not give everyone reading the Bible the authority to interpret it. Do you see the fruit of "private judgment", error and division.

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I do not know any Catholics who say non-Catholics are damned. God is the judge whitewave. Catholics would be lying if the backed the heresies that Protestants profess.

So non Catholics are not heretics? We just profess heresies? Understood.

The ridiculous "Jesus did it all on the Cross", the "imputation" heresy is one example.

Jesus' last word, "It is finished!"

Go pray before the Tabernacle, Jesus will give you the needed grace to come home. You would not of left if you knew the faith.

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

How happy that would make your family.

I didn't know you knew my family. They're all dead but who knows? Maybe they're happy.

As for why am I on a Catholic thread......I didn't know it WAS a Catholic thread. Is it an exclusive club thread that only Catholics who agree with you can join? My bad. When you ask why people hate Catholics do you think that only Catholics are going to show up to answer?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by colbe

To catch up on posts, I read the latest first....

Here is the link again. Catholic Thinker is very good. When you read this page, you can put to rest Catholicism is Paganism.

www.acatholicthinker.net...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to colbe

whitewave,

Go further if you would and think about the "practice of sacrificing a perfect Lamb", what did they do with the Passover Lamb after they sacrificed it? They CONSUMED it. Do you see how things are much greater in the New Covenant? Our Lord is the New Covenant Passover Lamb (you see this fact) and we do the same, we consume Him when we receive the most Holy Eucharist. The Eucharist is Our Lord, God not simply a sacrificed animal! You have to believe, have faith dear sister. This is God's plan. Jesus' presence in the Eucharist is SUPERNATURAL.

The underlined, there it is, the false teaching of Our Lord did it all on the Cross, "covered", your
sins are forgiven, you are in, you are saved. This is known as the "imputation" heresy.
**********************************************************************************************************************

Douay-Rheims Bible
IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Douay-Rheims Bible
How sweet are thy words to my palate! more than honey to my mouth.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And he said to me: Son of man, eat all that thou shalt find: eat this book, and go speak to the children of Israel.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Who answered and said: It is written, Not in bread alone doth man live, but in every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God.

That which we consume for our daily living is the Living Word, Christ, by his holy word, not holy crackers.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

*neno shrugs*

If you say so.

There is probably a reason the term was bestowed "as a nickname", then.

Does not change the point.

That's twice now that you've disputed a commonly used term, even by Catholics, because it's not "official".

"official" or not, it still IS.

edit on 2014/1/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

whitewave

"private judgment" is heresy. God did not give everyone reading the Bible the authority to interpret it. Do you see the fruit of "private judgment", error and division.

1. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

2. So non Catholics are not heretics? We just profess heresies? Understood.

3. Jesus' last word, "It is finished!"

Go pray before the Tabernacle, Jesus will give you the needed grace to come home. You would not of left if you knew the faith.

4. Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

How happy that would make your family.

5. I didn't know you knew my family. They're all dead but who knows? Maybe they're happy.

As for why am I on a Catholic thread......I didn't know it WAS a Catholic thread. Is it an exclusive club thread that only Catholics who agree with you can join? My bad. When you ask why people hate Catholics do you think that only Catholics are going to show up to answer?

1. God's "anointing" is for you and every other Protestant personally to interpret a Catholic book, Holy Scripture? Explain how this can be, the breaking away, why would the Holy Spirit desire you to split from the first non-Catholic Christian teaching you heard and on and and on and on going back to the 16th century? God gave the world an authority to interpret the Bible, the RCC (she canonized it), not every person reading Scripture. Look at the thousands upon thousands of non-Catholic Christians all preaching something different. There is no unity of belief, absolutely not of God the Holy Spirit.

2. Fact, if you are professing things not of the faith, you are a heretic.

3. Our Lord redeemed mankind by His agonizing death on the Cross. Our Lord opened Heaven. To be saved is life long, with the help of God's grace and our choices. Jesus' death on the Cross justifies no one.

4. I wasn't speaking of God the Holy Spirit, Jesus is in the Tabernacle of every Catholic Church. Our Lord set it up this way. He will give you grace, go there and speak to Him. He will help you come home.

5. I am sorry you lost your Catholic family, my parents are gone too. You still have the grace of the
Sacraments on your soul. Once Catholic, always Catholic. Remember, okay? For the time ahead.

Your last comments, it is no fun hearing a baptized Catholic deny the faith and others who do not
know the faith reading you state "to come out of the Harlot." You are wrong on your private judgment
of that verse.

God bless you ww,

colbe

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

whitewave

sad_eyed_lady

Probably about the same as non-Catholics being told they're delusional, heretics, damned to eternal hellfire, etc. Also, it wasn't me referring to the RCC as the whore of Babylon; it's a bible verse that makes every indication (imho) of describing the RCC.

Blessings to you cuz.

Nobody has the right to condemn another person for their beliefs. I am sorry if this has happened to you. It has happened to me as well. It is terrible to hear these words: "I can guarantee you that you will go to Hell for what you did." I didn't hear them from any clergy, but someone who believed what he said was true. He missed the mark by a long shot. It is - judge the sin and not the sinner. Guess he was mad as Hell at me.

The reason I brought this Whore of Babylon issue up to you is because the link you provided for these alleged Catholic clergy quotes is titled Whore of Babylon

(Sorry if that made you fall out of your chair, Colbe.)

At least you said what you believe. I appreciate the honesty. I never bothered to research this subject until today. Let me just say, respectfully, I disagree and the information I provided makes sense in my mind.

Peace and love, cuz.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

whitewave
reply to colbe

whitewave,

**********************************************************************************************************************

Douay-Rheims Bible
IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Douay-Rheims Bible
How sweet are thy words to my palate! more than honey to my mouth.

* Douay-Rheims Bible
And he said to me: Son of man, eat all that thou shalt find: eat this book, and go speak to the children of Israel.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Who answered and said: It is written, Not in bread alone doth man live, but in every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God.

* That which we consume for our daily living is the Living Word, Christ, by his holy word, not holy crackers.

The verses you share here are misinterpretations of your denial of the Eucharist and you were the one who first wrote of "sacrificing a perfect Lamb" in your post. How come you do not reply to my explaining consuming the perfect sacrificed Lamb who is Jesus Christ? This is the Eucharist. Jesus wants you to believe, I pray you do some day.

God's Word, His plan revealed involves more than His written Word.

Ezekiel 3:1, yes embrace the Written Word of God but imagine actually receiving God Himself in to your person (God's plan of His presence in the Eucharist)! Yes! Your verses from the Douay-Rheims Bible, I like that you read the Douay-Rheims, the footnotes will help you soon. Buy the DR Bible, we will not have the Internet forever.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
colbe, I'm afraid I'm going to have to "confess" that I'm not going to be converted to RCC tonight (or ever!). I quote to you scripture and you quote to me catholic sayings.

www.sandersongs.com...
flocknote.com...
www.acatholicthinker.net...
www.drbo.org...
www.afterthewarning.com...
ft111.com...
www.timeinhispresence.wordpress.com...
www.roarnworship.com...
www.openheaven.com...
the-christians-forum.com...

There were many more but I had so many tabs open that my computer crashed. None of them were bible verses, just blog sites from Catholic sources starting at about page 22 or so.

I trust the pure, unadulterated word of God. I quote to you biblical verses and you quote to me some Catholic guy saying something or another. Not quite the same, eh?

I have searched the word of God on the question of RCC (and many other issues) long ago and often check my current understanding in case my beloved Yeshua has something new to reveal to me. I can not stand by RCC even though many beloved Christians are trapped by it's heresies. Everyone is where they need to be for the will of God to be executed.

As far as the definition of faith, I'll go with the biblical version: Douay-Rheims Bible
Now faith is the substance of things to be hoped for, the evidence of things that appear not.

I trust that Yahweh is in control. I've said my piece and I'm done. God's blessings to those who walk in the light of God's Word (Yeshua).
edit on 7-1-2014 by whitewave because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join