It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Hatred. (Impossible Thread, Episode #2)

page: 35
<< 32  33  34   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

My condolences to you, as well. Life without our soul mates is a lonely journey, indeed.

What is "reading a Mass"? Is that like reading out a pre-packaged prayer?

No, they just announce, at the beginning of the Mass, that "This Mass is in memory of Patti Jensen, requested by her family", and people, and the priest, are supposed to keep that in mind as the Mass goes on.

In addition to the periodic Masses, I light a candle in her memory every week when I attend Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I doubt she was my soul mate. We fought like cats and dogs most of the time. However, she DID give me a great son, for which I will always be thankful and for which she should be honored, and I DID miss her. it's probably a bad thing when you even miss the fighting. I'm married to my soul mate now, so you and I are not in exactly the same boat. I was entirely prepared the live out my last days as a hermit, and then life grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and shook me. It just took a lot longer than expected to find my soul mate, and then the finding was in the last place one would expect.

Life can get strange, but you just keep chugging along.

As I said, I'm not up to speed on Catholic rituals, and probably even less so the terminology of it, but I think I've got a basic grasp of what you are talking about from your description. Thank you.

edit on 2014/1/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

OpinionatedB:
In my mind, there is a big difference though in the religion that is from God, and the one that is from men. You can find the logic in the religion that was from God.

Windword:
Well, I find very little logic in Christianity, in general, and even less in Catholicism. Personally, I don't think that there is, or was, a religion on Earth that "came from God".

OpinionatedB:
I think there was, and people rather messed it up.

OpinionatedB, I do agree with you that the Teachings (and here I will substitute the word TEACHING for RELIGION) from God is different from the Teachings of men. There will always be more logic in the Teachings from God and yes, the people did make a mess of it.

Jesus did not come to teach a Religion in his time. His teachings was on the doctrine of “The Kingdom of God is within You” which was also the doctrine of the “Word or Logos” and how to contact the Kingdom of God (in the flesh) while on earth and not after death as is supposed by some people.

Such teachings of Jesus have a timeless beauty and cannot be paraded as specifically Christian. They are a recommendation of how to live one’s life with an awareness of God’s presence, not some strange religious doctrine to be believed. They are universal in their outlook. But the underlying trend in all that Jesus says is universal and spiritual, not sectarian or religious.

In conducting a genuine search for the real teachings of Jesus, if one studies only those saying and teachings that are directly attributed to him, both in the gospels and elsewhere, one is constantly faced with three deeply significant facts. Firstly, much of Christian dogma and theology is not supported by the teachings of Jesus – or at best, his teachings require considerable interpretation before Christian belief can be read into them. Secondly, Christian ritual and ceremony did not originate with nor was it even endorsed by Jesus. Thirdly, on stripping away the overlays of Christian belief and dogma, one finds in Jesus’ teachings a simple, universal and spiritual message – a common message which has been given by many mystic who have come into this world.

Chiram
edit on 10-1-2014 by chiram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Most people I encounter it's actually easier to give it to god when life is a wreck to put things in god's hands. Basically they are at the end of their rope and feel that there is no other way. I suppose it gives them something to be thankful for when the problem is resolved. I've come to not see it that way though. There is an entire train of thought that makes a person see actions as gods work and not simply life. My trips out of the country, in my eyes, were not out group working as an extension of god. It was us trying to help people who needed it. Although the religious aspect was what was promoted I don't believe it personally. The idea's that our true purpose here is simply to get right with god leaves me lacking. Some find comfort in that, yet I can't.
edit on 10-1-2014 by drivers1492 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I ask where is the leader on earth of Protestantism?

From my understanding Jesus is the leader of Protestantism. Since he isn't physically present the scripture is used in his place.

The Pope is human, a sinner but God has given him a special gift, the Pope CANNOT error on matters of faith and morals. God's assurance we can know since 33 A.D.

I know you are a very strong minded catholic so I am curious if you have looked over the history of your church's popes? If you have, you have never came across a popes actions that would be questionable in their morals? Where does the idea come from that a man that is a sinner can only have flaws in certain areas since he is the pope? Is that catholic teaching or biblical or a personal stance?

As far as the contraception is concerned I will simply state I disagree with the church's stance and leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

There is a little catholic place off the road about 20 miles from me. I have never seen a car there. I do actually plan on going to it sometime since I have never been. I'm curious to see a service and how they do things there. My first wife went to a catholic school. She was the valedictorian her senior yet but thats when we hooked up and she got pregnant. They of course kicked her out. It's sad that they did and she was very upset over it. She said the nuns she encountered were very nice excluding one.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by chiram

I believe you are absolutely correct in the main in what you say.

"From the beginning, it was not so".

Early on, man's "religion" or his relationship to God was pretty basic, and had but few rules, and was much more intimate than the current norm.

Then, the Levitical priesthood came along ("but daddy - everyone else has priests and temples and idols and such... why can't we, too?") and over-complicated things in an effort to remain relevant. They added their word to God's and tried to blame the whole mess on him. THEN The Children of Israel demanded a king, a government ("but daddy - everyone else has kings and palaces and stuff... why can't we, too?"), and when they got it, things got worse. The government merged with the priesthood, and the ball was rolling downhill at a breakneck clip. The OT Prophets came along and tried to correct that, but people seem to need "ritual", "rules" and other walls against God in their lives for some odd reason, and the warnings never took.

"The Tabernacle" was likely representative of that wall-building between man and God. Enter "The Priest" to do your talking through the wall FOR you, and the Levirate was born.

Then Jesus came along, tried to repair the relationship and get back to the basics. On cue, along comes the Roman Church to overcomplicate things again (but daddy...), add their own words and "rules and rituals" to what is really a very simple thing, and it started downhill again. The merger of the Church with the Roman Empire ("but daddy...") sealed the deal, and mirrored the earlier merger of the Levirate and the Kingdom. Different people, same mistake, for likely the same reasons - and with the same results.

The Reformation was an attempt to put a band-aid on a sucking chest wound. It didn't cure the patient.

"Religion" is much easier than people seem to think. I guess, from their perspective, they just don't have time for it, and so rules and ritual have to take the place of constantly walking with God for them. I suppose, in a way, it IS a lot easier to just eat some crackers, sip some wine, say a few Hail Marys and spend an hour or so a week in a service or a Mass, go into a confessional and talk to a faceless priest, and go on your merry way being "justified" than it is to constantly walk and talk with God. The constant dialog and having to face God when he saw what you just did (and is giving you "the look" - you know the one) can be a drag.

Simplicity ain't for everyone.

edit on 2014/1/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
whitewave,

I saw this message to non-Catholic Christians yesterday. The in-caps reminded me of you, your love of Our Lord, your strong beliefs and passionate posts.

Everyone replying to the thread shout it out, keep sharing your love for Our Lord. Our Lord's coming isn't far off say the messages.

~ ~ ~

PRISCILLA VAN SUTPHIN

Winking at Injustice

Jan 9th, 2014
There is a propensity for the flesh of man or woman to subdue any thoughts that would weigh you down. But when those thoughts are quenched beyond that, what happens is apathy, complacency and somnolence arise to destroy any caring. I am not a God of injustice. I care about justice for ALL My creation.

I’m NOT pleased with the actions of man that destroy what I’ve created to be life to your body. All parts of the human being need nurturing. You cannot quench one part, and expect wholeness. I made all parts of the body to work together. Just as I made the body of Christ to work together, giving different gifts that in assemblance will be of benefit to the other parts.

I am not blind like god so stone and wood, or mortar and clay. I see every day all the pain and suffering, all the righteous acts and all the unjust acts of men and women, boys and girls. I made you My beloveds to be LIGHT and SALT in the earth. The body needs salt, just as lungs need oxygen. YOU are the salt of the earth. If you lose your flavor, how will you affect the world around you and change them? I made you to SHINE YOUR LIGHT to the world, wherever you go, whatever you do.

DO NOT HIDE YOUR LIGHT UNDER A BASKET. BE UNASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST. STAND IN THE MIDST OF DARKNESS AROUND YOU AND WORSHIP, DECLARE, BE LIGHT. BE YOU. READ, WORK, CREATE, & DO ALL THE THINGS I’VE TALENTED YOU WITH. DO NOT SIT BACK AND THINK SOMEONE ELSE WILL DO IT. I’VE CALLED EACH PERSON TO BE LIGHT TO ANOTHER, SOME WILL AFFECT ONLY 1 OR 10, OTHERS WILL AFFECT 50 OR 100’S, AND OTHERS WILL AFFECT THOUSANDS OR MILLIONS. ALL ARE NECESSARY.

Do not think that I will wink My eye at the injustice going on in this nation. If MY people will PRAY and cast down their own agenda’s and pray as I lead, you can steer this nation in the direction I’ve planned.
But you must walk in faith. Prayerlessness comes from faithlessness. If you don’t think I’ll DO anything, then you won’t pray. SO ARISE sons and daughters of GOD, and make your mark on your knees please !...

ft111.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I am quietly watching this thread but must make haste as time is at a premium here.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

I don't think the goal is to "get right with God" either. Getting right with God is just the first step, not the end destination. Adam and Eve didn't need to get right with God; they were created right with God. God intended to have a personal, intimate relationship with His creation. That was temporarily thwarted by disobedience which necessitated the "getting right" again.

I don't think the goal is to go to heaven someday, either. The Christian religion says that heaven is some gold-paved streets with many mansions, everyone wearing wings and playing harps, etc. How utterly ridiculous! And pointless. And materialistic. And devoid of any relationship whatsoever. The kingdom of God is within you. We were made to contain the life of God. If the goal was "fire insurance" or mansions and gold-paved streets, why not immediately step out in front of a bus right after accepting Christ as your savior. (NOT advocating that, btw.)

We all have good intentions and like to do good things but, because we don't always see the whole picture or end goal, even our best intentions and actions can wind up causing more problems than they solved. Having Christ in us and communing with him moment by moment through all our intentions and deeds, Christ fills up his lack of sufferings and helps us to live the type of life he lived-one of oneness with the Father and in total obedience always.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 12-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
nenothtu,

Hi, I was thinking of you today. Remember a few pages back I shared, Jesus is getting our non-Catholic Christian brothers
and sisters ready to accept the faith, Catholicism. Some people hate Catholicism because it is the faith. Our Lord for a long time is using gentle direction with various words in the Protestant messages. I named one term:

"Ancient Days"

Our Lord would say this, the faith began in 33 A.D. Unlike Protestantism, we know the day, Luther revolted from the faith, Roman Catholicism, October 31, 1517. I wouldn't call the 16th century vs 33 A.D., ancient.

Here is example, an excerpt:

SEE YOU friend,

+ + +

message to Protestant Elaine Tavolacci

2014 EYE HAS NOT SEEN

December 26, 2013

The Lord showed me several things for the coming year of 2014. The first and foremost thing that He has revealed to me is that He is calling the body of Christ into a more intimate relationship with Him. He will make Himself known as the revealer of mysteries to those who are spending time with Jesus who is "the word of truth". The Lord says; It is in this secret place of intimacy that you will receive clarity and direction for your life. My word will come alive and revelation will be released in a new way to those who are willing to abandon their lives for the abundant life that I have for you. As the ANCIENT of DAYS, I will show you the hidden treasures of My word and bring you into alignment with My will as deep calls out to deep. Allow Me to dwell in your midst, walk with you and talk with you. As you do, it will not be difficult to walk by faith. ...

ft111.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
colbe

Jesus is getting our non-Catholic Christian brothers
and sisters ready to accept the faith, Catholicism. Some people hate Catholicism because it is the faith. Our Lord for a long time is using gentle direction with various words in the Protestant messages.

The Faith is one of the Names for Jesus The Christ for Remission of Sins..among many names for Him.

We are made acceptable for Him and by Him..for His purposes..not for ours or for the Church...but for His purposes.

Our Lord would say this, the faith began in 33 A.D. Unlike Protestantism, we know the day, Luther revolted from the faith, Roman Catholicism, October 31, 1517. I wouldn't call the 16th century vs 33 A.D., ancient.

The Faith always was as it was in the form of The Word..In the beginning was the Word. And this goes on to ..and the Word took on flesh and we beheld His glory as the only begotten of the Father.

But always there was Faith..from the beginning unto Abraham and passed on to us wise today.

Faith is one of the names of Jesus the Christ for Remission of Sins. In like manner to which the word Peace refers to Jesus the Christ for Remission of Sins.
Peace be with you means or translates Jesus Christ be with you. Shalom...Peace..Salem. King of Salem...et al.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Hi, colbe. Interesting that I was on your mind at that particular time - my first grandchild was born 4 minutes or so before you made that post.

The excerpt you posted, I believe, is entirely correct, but not as a "predictive" prophecy. What it describes is and has been ongoing for some time now. I don't believe it has anything at all to do with Catholicism, or indeed ANY particular sect of Christianity. You see, what it has to do with is the benefits of having God dwell with the individual believer, not in any particular building, or with any particular sect - which it does not mention at all.

Sectarianism is a problem. It drags people away from God rather than drawing them closer. Organization tends to foster ritual and legalism, both of which are anathema to an actual life-journey with an actual God. God is replaced in them by a rote ritual act, by "laws" propagated by men which have nought to do with God. People get the mistaken notion that going to a service or a mass once every so often absolves them of the need to commune with God at all times and at all points. God is then pushed out of the picture in favor of ritualistic acts and ritualistic objects - in the case of Catholic "eucharist", quite literally. God id done away with and replaced by a mere lifeless wafer, which the priests have convinced the laity actually IS God, but which in reality is nothing more than an inanimate stand-in for God's Son.

Catholicism, even Roman Catholicism, is just another sect, the intent of which is to separate man from God by putting blockages (rituals, priests, confessors, men who presume to grant you absolution that can come ONLY from God, etc.) between man and God, and convincing the people that they are necessary "intercessors" *.

There is but One Intercessor * - the man Jesus Christ, the Son of God. All other claimants are interlopers, usurpers. Anyone actually following what the excerpt you posted will eventually come to know that intimately, and will be led AWAY from the Catholic Church, and all other organized sects of Christianity, not towards them. They will be led to God, and away from interlopers, from men who would claim to stand between them and God.

They will realize that they have no need of intermediaries *, and may talk to God directly.

"Ancient of Days" is a term used for God 3 times in the book of Daniel. It refers to what you would call "God the Father" in your triple-god system, although the Orthodox Church tends to identify the term erroneously with Jesus, and the Russian Orthodox Church actually codified that erroneous association.

As an interesting aside, your triple-god system has an interesting cognate in ancient Celtic religion, which had a triple-goddess system exactly congruent with your triple-god system, except in the feminine rather than the masculine. Things that make you go "hmmmm...".

Thank you for thinking of me, colbe. I'll keep you in my prayers, that you may eventually see the Light.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* - ETA: My wife, upon reading this post, let me know how confusing it is, particularly in my use of "intermediary" and "intercessor". An "intermediary" is a necessary go-between... someone who must stand between you and something else, and deliver the back-and-forth of interaction. I.E., a priest who must tell you what God has to say, or a "saint" who must tell God what YOU have to say. That's my understanding of how Catholicism is set up.

An "intercessor" is one who intercedes on your behalf, somewhat in the way a lawyer does in a court setting. Christ "interceded" for The Elect, but is not an "intermediary" standing between them and God in matters of everyday discourse or interaction, any more than a lawyer prevents you from speaking directly to a judge in court. I know, it's a poor analogy, but it's the best I have straight off the cuff.

It appears that Catholicism is set up with an entire host of persons who think they fulfill both roles, but who in reality, I believe, fulfill neither role.

edit on 2014/1/24 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Congratulations on the birth of your first grandchild.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Continuing to watch this thread but time is at a premium here of late.
Lots happening here lately.

Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34   >>

join