It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is David Paulides and for the last 4 years I've been investigating people missing in the wi

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SmartmuhahaXD

Welcome !

Can you tell us more about the DNA study and how the Bigfoot DNA resembled our own or are there common link between the Human DNA and the Bigfoot DNA ?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••
There is much about the study and the background at www.nabigfootsearch.com

I could write on this topic for hours.
Refer to my bio for the location to purchase the DNA study.
Don't believe bloggers, read it for yourself.

Thanks for the question.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Thankyou for your reply,

I remember a story of a young boy, who went missing for over 5 hrs. and he told his parents that the thing that took him looked exactly like his own mum , but different and that he didn't like her as much as his own mum. He also stated that they wanted him to produce excrement on a piece of some sort of paper.

Have there been may reports like the above?
Do you believe the children's stories that have been returned ?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••
The story you refer to is in "Missing 411-North America and Beyond"- www.canammissing.com

Children have an innocence about them that when uncorrupted, they are brutally honest.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Interesting topic and guest, also most of the questions gave very nice add to whole threat.
It was quite statement tho that they have prooved dna testing of bigfoots existance, or did i read it wrong? I think there would be already huge letters in our news papers telling all about this, no?

If i understunt also correct that Mr. Paulides, from first post gave us two different topics of hes research, first was the bigfoot and second was about unexplained dissapearings of ppl, to me he didnt say that they were directly connected topics but two different researches, or em i totally wrong? Im too tired now to read it again. To me it sounded like the case nr.2 had more open minded as what, why and how and also that weird response from the authorities who should have had all the info of the missing persons on the areas they operated, while the bigfoot topic didnt claim that they are the reason ppl goes dissapearing but more so that they had done huge research on them and actually had found dna proove of them.

Anyway i am believer of many things, somedays anythings and somedays i dont believe anything, i dont need to create only fact based reality, while i can learn more and more with open mind and create my own theories, its just easier for me to understunt some bigger pictures like this and still have some sort of sence of reality, i dont know if i explained it right since my english is quite poor but anyway enought for tonight.

Thanks for good night read all the ppl and the guest of manner!
edit on 24-9-2013 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
[Quote]The story you refer to is in "Missing 411-North America and Beyond"- www.canammissing.com

Children have an innocence about them that when uncorrupted, they are brutally honest.

Which in this boy's case is frightening.
edit on 9/24/2013 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/24/2013 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
First, I'd like to take a moment to thank David Paulides for taking the time to talk with us.

I find the topic to be highly interesting, and one of the better “conspiracies” that I have ever come across.

While most people read these disappearances and immediately think of something paranormal, or some type of human involvement (occult, serial killers, etc), I have a different take on it. When the majority of folks think of dangerous wild animals in US forests, bears come to mind immediately. However, they are not the only predators in our national parks. So with that in mind, what type of animal is capable of snatching someone in a stealthy manner, often right under others noses, then carry them a great distance, often up mountains, very quickly, and dogs would be unwilling to pursue them?

The first one that comes to my mind is mountain lions. For those who don't know, mountain lion (and other big cat) urine is used to repel other animals, and that scent can also spook a dog. Additionally, with the US forest service being very protective of their numbers, they would be hushed about publicizing human attacks.

Have mountain lions been looked into, and is there anything to eliminate them as the possible candidate in many of these disappearances?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by winnar

We can always order them from the library.

Just sayin'.

Normally you ought to be able to order any article through the Inter-library Loan system, but the problem here is that this "DeNovo Journal" is not available in print form. It is only online, and it only has one issue which is composed of one article, which you can purchase for $30.00 via PayPal. The "Journal's" single issue is labeled Volume 1, Issue 1, first quarter 2013. There is no issue for the second or the third quarter of 2013, rather unusual for a new journal just starting out.

NO LIBRARIES OWN COPIES.

In other words, this "scientific journal" isn't a scientific journal at all. It's a web site devoted to selling a single article. The domain is owned by a Jessica Jordan with an address in South Carolina and was started this last January of 2013.

The organization itself is "Advanced Science Foundation" which is not listed in ANY standard library reference book covering foundations. Only DeNovo hits come up with Google or Bing referencing their web site. In other words

THERE IS NO INDEPENDENT CONFIRMATION THAT THIS FOUNDATION EXISTS.

Further, Denovo (the publisher's name) lists a web site denovopublishing.com that does not exist. However, there is a whois record for it, protected by privacy so you can't tell the owner, but with an address in Bellevue, Washington. My guess is the two are not even related.

The web site itself takes the unusual step of actually advertising for "peer reviewers" but has no manuscripts now available for review. This is unheard of in academia. The web site attempts to look professional and academic, but, IMO, it fails. This looks to me like a "one trick pony" site that has a single agenda and is certainly not academic, is NOT peer reviewed at all, and is completely out in left field as far as providing access to scientific information. A real scientific journal does not act like this.

In looking for information on one of the authors, Patrick PW Wojtkiewicz, I came across this lengthy critique of the whole issue. Read it and weep.

I'll see if I can dig a little further, but so far it's looking like this group has some serious 'splainin' to do. This is NOT just people with closed minds who won't look at the evidence. This is some serious bogus stuff here and amounts to academic fraud.

BTW, just to make it clear. I see no evidence at all that our invited guest has anything at all to do with this. He may have drunk the Kool Aid, but he's not at all culpable and further, this has nothing at all to do with the missing persons issue which is the main topic of conversation here.
edit on 9/24/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I remain skeptical... too many unanswered questions. The DNA evidence is sketchy at best and a possible conflict of interest on Ketchum's part.

It seems obvious to me that David is alluding to the possibilty that the abductions he's investigating were perpetrated by "wild men" or "bigfoot". Am I the only one who sees this? And yes... I would call being carried off by a giant ape-man an attack... geeze.

Still no reponse from David as to why the paper was only published in one journal and is that jounal's only publication. Which, btw was only founded 9 days before the paper was published. Yet, David is convinced that the conclusions drawn by Ketchum are valid.

I respect David for taking the time to come and answer questions. With that said, I think it's only normal for someone to ask the tough questions which surround the controversial research and conclusions which are drawn.

Deny ignorance... unless you're star struck?

I can understand why so many are disturbed by the findings. The conclusions drawn by Ketchum say that these wild men or BGFTs are human/primate hybrids originated 15,000 years ago. That seems pretty far fetched, even to a layman.

It's a shame that the paper was never properly peer reviewed and if it was, why was it rejected?

Those questions have not been answered yet.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
All of your questions are answered on this site:bf-field-journal.blogspot.com...

Scott puts the study into terms that everyone can understand.

Scott and I were privy to the communications between journals and Dr. Ketchum. Some journals are obviously corrupt and work within a process that is slanted. They posed questions to her that were in the paper and blatantly obvious. The results of the study change the way the world views many aspects of humanity. Read Scotts site, look at August and September, all of the answers are there and factual.

You can take punches at me, that's ok, but again, until you read the paper, I'm not insulted...

Dave is alluding that a bgft is abducting people, where is that fantasy coming from?
Please, lets be grounded in our responses.....
I've stated on this site 4X that there is NOWHERE you can find this....nowhere have our investigators pointed a finger at bgft as a culprit. If someone has an agenda and believes that, I won't hinder their beliefs, but please don't pull us into your justifications...

Thanks for the question.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

First, I'd like to take a moment to thank David Paulides for taking the time to talk with us.

I find the topic to be highly interesting, and one of the better “conspiracies” that I have ever come across.

While most people read these disappearances and immediately think of something paranormal, or some type of human involvement (occult, serial killers, etc), I have a different take on it. When the majority of folks think of dangerous wild animals in US forests, bears come to mind immediately. However, they are not the only predators in our national parks. So with that in mind, what type of animal is capable of snatching someone in a stealthy manner, often right under others noses, then carry them a great distance, often up mountains, very quickly, and dogs would be unwilling to pursue them?

The first one that comes to my mind is mountain lions. For those who don't know, mountain lion (and other big cat) urine is used to repel other animals, and that scent can also spook a dog. Additionally, with the US forest service being very protective of their numbers, they would be hushed about publicizing human attacks.

Have mountain lions been looked into, and is there anything to eliminate them as the possible candidate in many of these disappearances?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••
SAR team and trackers have eliminated Mtn lions and all other predators from the list of possible reasons for these disappearances.

Some canines have actually been trained to track down mtn lions...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Here's my assessment of what was on your site:

1. You were involved in a BGFT investigation which placed you into a position where you were at National Parks.

2. Incidentally, while you were at those parks, 2 NPS approached you to inform you of another problem occurring at those same parks.

3. Ergo, the BGFT investigation was relevant to the missing persons issues within the parks only in that that is why you were there and why you were approached as you were a former LEO with an interest in curious matters. Outside of that, the two issues should be construed as unrelated.

I personally admire the fact that you have not attempted to produce any particular theory as to what is happening to these people. You seem to be merely providing the facts in regards to a pattern that seems to exist with a portion of people that go missing in rural or wildlife areas. The moment a theory gets attached to that, the focus becomes the theory and not the evidence of an issue presented in the pattern of the evidence, itself.

Would this be a correct assessment?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••
Your assessment is incorrect on multiple fronts.
Yes, we are reporting just facts
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

DavidPaulides
Dave is alluding that a bgft is abducting people, where is that fantasy coming from?

You are constantly implying it. If not, then why is discussion of bigfoot and its existence relevant on a thread about investigating disappearances?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hi David and thanks for sharing your time with us! I have listened to you on several outlets (Coast 2 Coast, etc) and am absolutely riveted - and quite disturbed - by the while missing persons issue. Not the least of which is the seeming lack of concern and near contributing-to-whatever is happening by the park officials and others!

My question is: have you heard of anything similar in other countries around the world? If so, do you plan on any sort of international follow up to Missing and perhaps updates with more recent cases?

Also, I understand that you were told contacting the people who had been found was in bad taste, but have any gotten in touch with that want to share what happened (and allow that story to be told) and that have been vetted as actual former missing persons?

Again, thanks and fantastic work you are doing!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

This thread ticks me off.

David keeps blasting people about not reading the white paper - But.. this would mean everyone would have to BUY the journal article. ( not just read the abstract)

Look, tons of people on ATS aren't going to do that. David IMO would have been more prudent if he posted a detailed outline of the entire white paper with all the pertinent details to this thread highlighted.

Otherwise, it looks like David is selling journal articles for the company that holds them.

If I had the money, I'd buy the paper and post it for Free for all ATS to view - thats what someone should have done. IMO it's what David should have done instead of asking all of us to go buy an article.

Authors on ATS cant sell/push their books.. (it's against the ATS rules) so how can David push this white paper. Something is very wrong in Kansas.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••
If I start quoting the white paper, it is so complex and integrated, Id probably be violating the copyright. People on this site have paid more money for some books then the cost of the white paper. I have ZERO relationship with the paper at this point and have already been told by the moderator that my beginning bio and explanations was too long....

Regarding writing a a detailed explanation of the paper, please read past posts. For the complete understanding and explanation to:bf-field-journal.blogspot.com...

Scott Carpenter has invested the time in a basic explanation of the paper, why some journals are in conflict and why there is such a dialogue about a paper written by multiple Phd's and multiple labs.
People are blasting me, why?? I am merely stating my beliefs. Others on this site are blasting me for not stating my beliefs enough. I'm really confused.....Again, until you've read the paper, you are truly not informed..

All the best.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewtonDKC

Hi David and thanks for sharing your time with us! I have listened to you on several outlets (Coast 2 Coast, etc) and am absolutely riveted - and quite disturbed - by the while missing persons issue. Not the least of which is the seeming lack of concern and near contributing-to-whatever is happening by the park officials and others!

My question is: have you heard of anything similar in other countries around the world? If so, do you plan on any sort of international follow up to Missing and perhaps updates with more recent cases?

Also, I understand that you were told contacting the people who had been found was in bad taste, but have any gotten in touch with that want to share what happened (and allow that story to be told) and that have been vetted as actual former missing persons?

Again, thanks and fantastic work you are doing!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••
We did find consistent elements and other cases in 5 other countries, documented in "Missing 411-North America and Beyond."

A victim has not contacted us. Family member of people who have vanished have made the contact, not a victim.

Thanks for the question!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidPaulides

I'd like to now a bit more about how they eliminated them as a candidate.
The government of British Columbia on their website refer to them as “one of the most mysterious and elusive of all creatures.”

Cougars don't always leave prints behind.
They are silent, stealthy, and very difficult to track.
They are known to be attracted to children (64% of all known attacks)
They can jump up to 40 feet.
They can run up to 50 mph.
They can reach 7 feet in length, and up to 300lbs.

Isn't there many of your cases where the people have left shoes behind? A 300lb animal, striking a human at 50mph, stands a pretty good chance of knocking them right out of their shoes, similar to being hit by a car, correct?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Wow! OK.

Thanks for the education. I will admit to having a hard time going past page six in any search function.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I heard that most people go missing in Alaska. I think one day I'm gonna go missing. When I'm old and grey. Instead of dying in the hospital I'm going to just walk deep into the woods. I'll never been seen again. I'd live there somewhere away from all people as a hermet.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

defcon5

Isn't there many of your cases where the people have left shoes behind? A 300lb animal, striking a human at 50mph, stands a pretty good chance of knocking them right out of their shoes, similar to being hit by a car, correct?

Right. Being hit by a an object causes a pressure wave in the body, when it reaches the feet shoes pop off if it was a big enough hit.

Shoes left behind can be evidence of some sort of strike by a large animal. Or the dreaded Forest Car.

What I didnt get was him describing earlier about 2 year olds being at 2000 feet instead of like 1200. Or people having wandered further than thought possible. Things like that can be ascribed to people not all fitting in one box. What is considered 'normal' for a population can easily, and often is, exceeded by the individual.

I dont see the big mystery in these disappearances. People get lost and die, or eaten, or dragged off by an animal.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by winnar

Right. Being hit by a an object causes a pressure wave in the body, when it reaches the feet shoes pop off if it was a big enough hit.

Shoes left behind can be evidence of some sort of strike by a large animal. Or the dreaded Forest Car.

What I didnt get was him describing earlier about 2 year olds being at 2000 feet instead of like 1200. Or people having wandered further than thought possible. Things like that can be ascribed to people not all fitting in one box. What is considered 'normal' for a population can easily, and often is, exceeded by the individual.

I dont see the big mystery in these disappearances. People get lost and die, or eaten, or dragged off by an animal.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••

In June of 2012 I was asked to be the guest speaker at the largest SAR convention in North America, NASAR. I was asked to give the group the results of our study. It was a packed house with the most experienced SAR people in the world. At the end of my speech. there was a line out the door of people wanting to talk and explain their appreciation for exposing what most knew and never wanted to address, people are disappearing under highly unusual conditions and never being found. Each of the cases we list have been cleared of any animal involvement and trackers are at a loss to understand where the victim went with sometimes a complete lack of any evidence.

It's hard to see the "big mystery" without understanding our research. Four years, 10,000 hours of research and three books.....

All the best!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidPaulides

I've experienced the very same situation where everything turns silent with the addition of my surroundings turning black and white and bright light shinning down into the forest.
edit on 24-9-2013 by Saltron because: Op has many replies, was just trying to clear up on the specific reply he was referencing too.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

DavidPaulides

People are blasting me, why?? I am merely stating my beliefs. Others on this site are blasting me for not stating my beliefs enough. I'm really confused.....Again, until you've read the paper, you are truly not informed..

All the best.

A belated welcome to ATS. One of the principles that differentiates ATS from other fringe topic or conspiracy sites is the Motto "Deny Ignorance"...The Premise that skeptics are welcome and that any claim that survives the skepticism of the ATS community will be a stronger claim for it, and those claims that are weakened by honest questions become weaker or crumble.

In short...Thank you for sharing and volunteering to inform and engage on a topic you are an expert in.

But please don't be offended by ATS members who have a natural expectation of you supporting your views with actual evidence aside from...buy my book or buy the paper, but I won't tell you what's in it etc.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join