It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is David Paulides and for the last 4 years I've been investigating people missing in the wi

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

DavidPaulides

When someone disappears, law enforcement researches the possibility that it is a voluntary disappearance. If they discover that this may be a factor, it is explicitly stated in their reports and the administrators make their decisions on how to proceed based allot on that knowledge. We have never investigated a case where this was a possibility.

I have written about two cases where this allegation was made but evidence we uncovered doesn't point that direction and we give the reasons why in the narrative.

I think as I just pointed out that voluntary disappearance would be hard to discover as its usually a secret from everybody except the person doing it. And if they wanted to disappear you would think most of them would leave behind some kind of evidence to make it look not voluntary. A better way to put it would be you have never investigated a case where you knew it was a possibility. Which leaves like 99.999% of the cases who are not children, as a possibility.

Is there a website where all these cases are accessible? Sorry I know you have probably answered this already but its infinitely easier for you to answer again than to search through the thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CornShucker

Welcome to ATS, David.

I've listened to all of your C2C appearances and found them as fascinating as they are eerie.

I've been out of work for two years so haven't had a chance to get one of your books, yet. Wanted to get this question in. I don't think it's been asked yet...

When we went to Gatlinburg for our oldest son's wedding, we made the trek up to Clingmans Dome(sp?). My wife and I had a nice chat with a couple of guys and a girl (all about college age) that were hiking the entire Appalachian Trail. As they started down the trail (the Dome is right on the trail), I looked at how quickly it descended into what effectively became a tunnel and thought of your research. The realization of just how cut off from civilization they would be most of the trail made me shudder.

Q: Are there any clusters along the AT?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••
Oh, now you've touched on something truly unusual.

There are many, many unusual stories that happened on the AT.
Clusters, there is a major cluster centered on Great Smoky Mountain National park.

Extending north from the park and going through New England is a series of strange disappearances.
Just lately, a woman named Geraldine Largay vanished while hiking the AT in Maine. Her disappearance has many factors that mimic what we are studying.

Thanks for the question!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidPaulides

Grandson is perfect!

JFYI in case you didn't see this earlier, I created a couple of threads about his disappearance on ATS, some of the other stories, ATS readers shared, are really worth a read. Maybe even fodder for the next book!! Granny doesn't know how to link!!

"Imagination or Abduction is something in our Forest?"

"Tell your creepy forest story."

K

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I used to have a finance company that would provide financing to independent truckers to improve the quality of their loads, more or less.

As a result of that business and the number of independent truckers we dealt with, I am absolutely certain that a large number of missing people are taken by a small number of truckers.

They are in the perfect position to do so and the philosophical-bent of a number of these men leave me with little doubt, but no rock solid proof. We are so certain, we are no longer involved in that business.

What do you have to say about missing people and the actions of a few truckers?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You have enticed me to find your books, thank you for your time!

I knew Mikey Palmer, though not his brother. I also know that a certain individual admitted to people around town that he and his friend were responsible, and Mikey's bike was found off of Pittman road in the river. I also know that they had not found him or anything else of his.

As a friend of his is there any more information you can share about him?
As somebody who was around that group of people at that time, are there any questions that I can answer for you? Please feel free to contact me through this site in my personal messages if I can, I don't feel comfortable sharing other names so publicly. He was a sweet kid and this was devastating to many people,and this is the second time this month that his name has popped up in front of me.
Thank you.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by winnar

I think as I just pointed out that voluntary disappearance would be hard to discover as its usually a secret from everybody except the person doing it. And if they wanted to disappear you would think most of them would leave behind some kind of evidence to make it look not voluntary. A better way to put it would be you have never investigated a case where you knew it was a possibility. Which leaves like 99.999% of the cases who are not children, as a possibility.

Is there a website where all these cases are accessible? Sorry I know you have probably answered this already but its infinitely easier for you to answer again than to search through the thread.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••••••••
Most of the people who want to fall out of the world are not as sneaky as most believe.
There are certain tell tale signs that expose intent.
I would agree that some people are devious and do use their wit to escape, but most are not Dexter....
Many, many of the cases we have investigated involve children.

Thanks again!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Leonidas
I used to have a finance company that would provide financing to independent truckers to improve the quality of their loads, more or less.

As a result of that business and the number of independent truckers we dealt with, I am absolutely certain that a large number of missing people are taken by a small number of truckers.

They are in the perfect position to do so and the philosophical-bent of a number of these men leave me with little doubt, but no rock solid proof. We are so certain, we are no longer involved in that business.

I would say a large number of cases are due to other people.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

DavidPaulides

Most of the people who want to fall out of the world are not as sneaky as most believe.
There are certain tell tale signs that expose intent.
I would agree that some people are devious and do use their wit to escape, but most are not Dexter....
Many, many of the cases we have investigated involve children.

Thanks again!!

Thnks for answering. You left out the question about a website. I left out children on purpose as I didnt think they were good candidates for voluntary disappearances.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Our cases eliminate vehicle abductions as a possibility. These are rural disappearances away from roadways.

Regarding truckers, interesting you asked. I feel comfortable talking about this now as its been many years since I was privy to this info.

I was working on a special task force at the PD and we were asked to participate in a stakeout in Northern California regarding a trucker and a series of kidnappings that happened between San Diego and Washington State. The abductions happened near freeways and involved the same profile of victim. Our team never saw anything suspicious but I do know that the FBI was actively pursuing this lead 20+ years ago.

I believe your hypothesis is probably correct, and, there are at least 4-5 working North America right now.....

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

You have enticed me to find your books, thank you for your time!

I knew Mikey Palmer, though not his brother. I also know that a certain individual admitted to people around town that he and his friend were responsible, and Mikey's bike was found off of Pittman road in the river. I also know that they had not found him or anything else of his.

As a friend of his is there any more information you can share about him?
As somebody who was around that group of people at that time, are there any questions that I can answer for you? Please feel free to contact me through this site in my personal messages if I can, I don't feel comfortable sharing other names so publicly. He was a sweet kid and this was devastating to many people,and this is the second time this month that his name has popped up in front of me.
Thank you.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••
I think the police are stumped on Mikey's case. His shoes were found by the old airport, heading to the mountains and wide open spaces of nothing. I believe allot of people may make claims to become someone of notoriety in the community, but I also know that everyone associated and around that disappearance were polygraphed and everyone passed. It is very much a whodunnit!! What makes this very, very strange is that his brother disappeared under very, very strange conditions.

All the best.
Find the books at:
www.canammissing.com

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hi David, and thanks for taking the time to come on here and answer our questions. I have two questions that i'd like to ask you:

1. Are you familiar with the Dyatlov pass incident and do you have a theory on what happened?

2. What is the strangest case you have come across so far?

Many thanks.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Elkhana Walker - Missionary

THE DIARY OF ELKANAH WALKER

If we are to believe the Diary of Elkanah Walker, pioneer American missionary in Washington State to the Spokane Indians, he wrote:
"Bear with me if I trouble you with a little of their superstitions. They believe in a race of giants, which inhabit a certain mountain off to the west of us. This mountain is covered with perpetual snow. They (the creatures) inhabit the snow peaks. They hunt and do all their work at night. They are men stealers.
They come to the people's lodges at night when the people are asleep and take them and put them under their skins and to their place of abode without even waking. Their track is a foot and a half long. They steal salmon from Indian nets and eat then raw as the bears do. If the people are awake, they always know when they are coming very near by their strong smell that is most intolerable. It is not uncommon for them to come in the night and give three whistles and then the stones will begin to hit their houses." (Drury 1976, pp. 122-123)

Reverend Walker's established mission was approximately located twenty-five miles northwest of present day Spokane, WA. His diary entry of the snow peak to the west could be one of several peaks in the Cascade Range such as Mt. Baker, Mt. Rainier, Mt Adams or Mount St. Helens or possibly he could have meant Mt. Hood on the Oregon side of the Columbia River. But Sasquatch researchers, myself among them, generally believe the missionary was referring to Mt. St. Helens which has always carried legends of Sasquatches, ape-like men and of course the 1924 story of Fred Beck in Ape Canyon.

and this, i will try to find the original indian legend again if i can but that one was buried deep.

Woman Kidnapped

S'cwene'y'ti was known by the Spokane Indians to interact also with human females. One girl was kidnapped by the S'cwene'y'ti people and not returned until she was a grown woman. When returned she was found asleep along the banks of a stream and upon being awakened could not remember where she had been during the long period of time that she had been missing.

In another case a young virgin of marriageable age (between 14 and 18) suddenly disappeared. S'cwene'y'ti was reported to "like the smell" of virgins. An intensive search was conducted but to no avail. After being gone for a considerable period of time, reported as two or three years, she was returned but smelled so strongly of S'cwene'y'ti that the people could hardly get near her. She was fed and cared for but had to be kept outside. Because of the smell no one (men) wanted her. When returned she was not wearing the same clothes as when she left, was never in her "right mind" again, being completely mentally disoriented, and appeared to be more animal than human. She was not viscous, was able to give some account of where she had been, and had not been molested.

An informant reports having ascended a hill in the early hours of the morning as it was just beginning to become daylight. He was immediately aware of a strong S'cwene'y'ti odor and saw a shadow, as of a huge man, a short distance away. He remembers absolutely nothing that occurred the rest of the day. When awareness returned, it was late afternoon and he found himself walking back down the same trail and route that he had gone up that morning. He believes that he had been under a sort of hypnosis

edit on 24-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

defcon5
Thanks for the reply above.

If I recall correctly somewhere I heard or read that Florida was going to require an entire book all by itself. Am I correct in that? If so when will that book be coming out?

I recall this too. I recently moved not too far south of the Green Swamp, I imagine there are quite a few cases there?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

to have it happen twice in 1 family...what are the odds???? I can't even imagine going through that twice

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Hi there ,

Thanks for your time on ATS ,

You mentioned Australia having very similar incidents

Would you be referring to the Australian bigfoot legends - "the Yowie" or "Bunbyip" ?

Any cases of note ?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

If you have forensic and scientific evidence that proves whether "bigfoot" is real or not, that paper should be made freely available to the public. That is also the point that I stop reading. It would appear that this is some sort of advertising, money-making venture.

It's not unusual to pay for scientific research papers.
30 bucks isn't an onerous price either.
Look into the costs of scientific and research publications and you will see it's not out of the ordinary.

I've paid for research papers on mycology subjects. $35-55 for 8 to ten pages.
It's the cost of science.
All of those studies, lab work, dna tests, and professional reviews and accreditations are expensive.

For David

I just finished the third of your 411 books. Will you be doing any publications on the Texas and Florida material that you have gathered?

I walked the AT from Springer Mtn. to Damascus in Virginia back in 06. I pulled up all of my pictures of the smokies while I read those sections. I can see how people get lost in the Smokies. It was a beautiful place but it is strenuous and can be oppressive. I know a person who left his shelter in the middle of the night and walked a few miles up the trail by moonlight until he felt safe enough to crawl up into some deep brush where he waited until dawn without sleeping. Something at the shelter spooked him.

He walked nearly 30 miles into town the next day. He was a grown man on a known trail.
I can imagine how a child lost in the woods might react in a similar situation.

I was thinking about weather patterns and the preponderance of disappearance/deaths that occur just before bad weather sets in. It reminds me of the habits of fish, birds and other animals that will go into a feeding binge before bad weather comes. I'm wondering if it is a calculated action or an instinctual effect.

Anyway.

Great books.

Looking forward to a Texas edition.

Good luck and thanks for being here.

edit on 24-9-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorchio

Hi David, and thanks for taking the time to come on here and answer our questions. I have two questions that i'd like to ask you:

1. Are you familiar with the Dyatlov pass incident and do you have a theory on what happened?

2. What is the strangest case you have come across so far?

Many thanks.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••
Yes, I am aware of the Dyatlov Pass incident. We looked into it and then discounted it as it doesn't meet the criteria for us to study.

Strangest case, really, they are all strange.
Dennis Martin
Douglas Legg
are two near the top...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by skonaz

Hi there ,

Thanks for your time on ATS ,

You mentioned Australia having very similar incidents

Would you be referring to the Australian bigfoot legends - "the Yowie" or "Bunbyip" ?

Any cases of note ?
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Similar incidents of missing people, nothing to do with Yowie.
These are just flat-out strange disappearances...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

DavidPaulides
There are many, many unusual stories that happened on the AT.
Clusters, there is a major cluster centered on Great Smoky Mountain National park.

Extending north from the park and going through New England is a series of strange disappearances.
Just lately, a woman named Geraldine Largay vanished while hiking the AT in Maine. Her disappearance has many factors that mimic what we are studying.

That's pretty interesting.
I knew someone who hiked the whole distance northbound, and we discussed his trip at length. Apparently there are a lot of crazies on that trail, guys who do nothing but hike back and fourth for years. One well known “personality” lives his entire life hiking the trail naked. Where these folks get their supplies from is an interesting question. Most hikers have timed supply drops along the route, yet these folks don't seem to. Then to make matters even more dangerous, you have locals (trail angels) throughout who could very well pray on hikers. Depending on “trail angels” and “trail magic” drastically increases the levels of danger they are exposed to.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Hey again Mr. Paulides. Sorry to bother, but I figured I would run my question by a second time since it greatly intrigues me.

Thank you very much for your reply. Also, for taking the time for ATS.

As silly as this may seem, have you ever considered Ley line vortex points or earth energy points around the globe? I know some people may be skeptical of there existance, but there is tangible proof of these points existing. Some might think this to be outlandish but I always found the similarities very interesting.

(Missing 411 map)

(supposed energy vortex points)

Note, the largest point is near Florida...I have heard that the amount of people missing in this area are so large in number that they need their own volume? (also Bermuda triangle)

Maybe certain factors can trigger events around these supposed points of energy? (specific individuals, time of day and year, celestial alignments, materials..) Which could leave these people displaced in space and time?

Just thought I would share a theory floating around in my head.

Thanks for your time. I respect your research.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join