It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is David Paulides and for the last 4 years I've been investigating people missing in the wi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

DavidPaulides
reply to post by Lysergic

Early in our formation, we contacted missing person groups to understand the politics of that arena and ensure we didn't step on the wrong toes. We were told by each group to avoid contacting victims of the missing person experience. If we contacted them, asked about their incident and then wrote about their experience and made money from the story, the people may feel as though they were victimized a second time and view it as exploitation. We will ALWAYS be respectful of the victims and won't reach out in this manner. We would absolutely work with victims if they reached out to us.

But all that information valuable to this research not being tapped because of this simple consideration? It has been my experience that many that have had "experiences" will and do talk about them.

A small group at work were telling, after I asked, about any strange paranormal experience they had. About 8 of us regular guys. I was shocked at some of the recounting these regular guys had about such things. My conclusion from this and other conversations over the years is that the paranormal is normal.
edit on 24-9-2013 by Logarock because: n

link   

DavidPaulides

This is where my investigative heart and sole is today.
Ask Me Anything!

From the bottom of my sole, thanks for hunting bigfoot!

link   
Thank you so much for your time. Have a couple questions.

4 years is a long time for any study, as such I know you must have charted these missing. can you share this showing what percentages you believe these missing fall in, ie 40% unknown, 20% bigfoot, 10% drug growers, etc. etc. We know you must have this type of info and it would be beneficial to know.

How many in percentage of these missing are found?

Louisiana has some of the largest virgin forest in the nation, how many missing are there in that area?

In all your time investigating have you seen bigfoot yourself, or prints etc.

Be interested in knowing your wildest experience in this investigation, there must have been quite a few times when the hair on the back of your neck stood up, lol....

thank you for your time and patience with us....

The Bot

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I noted on your page that you mentioned berries being somehow associated with these cases. Have any of those who have been found had a toxicology run on them? I ask this as a former dual biology/botany major where, in nearly every class that featured some form of plant classification, the professor urged us to use extreme caution in presuming that we had correctly identified a wild species of mushroom or berry. Wondering if the possibility could exist that these berry associations could be an accidental ingestion of a berry with hallucinogenic type of property.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Hello mr Paulides,

Greetings from The Netherlands.

Do you think there is a connection to the other of tens of thousends of american citizens per year which are disappearing in the USA alone.

Don't you think it is weird that so many people are disappearing in the US compared to other countries in the world?

A person would almost start to think there are proportionally many serial killers in the US and the govt. do not wish to bother them, there is human trafficing going on and the govt. does not want to bother them or people are taken by ET and the US government can not do anything about it.

Why do you think the US government isn't alarmed by this many of its citizens disappearing?

Missing persons CNN

Thanks for reading my question..

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •
Regarding the tens of thousands of people missing in the U.S., this is a mixed bag that most do not understand. If a teenager goes missing for 5 hours, is reported to the police, and is found an hour later, that is one of the 10,000, and this is the vast, vast majority of how the numbers are generated. Being a former police officer that worked missing people for a short time in my career, the number looks horrendous but the truth is not explained well.

Regarding the numbers of people missing in the U.S. vs other countries, I can say that my mind has changed over the last three years. We have found other countries where this issue with our identified elements exist. Australia is one of the top countries that mimic our issue and disappearances, also England and France have similar disappearances. Some of these cases have been documented in "Missing 411-North America and Beyond."

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidPaulides

Do you think there is a real possibility the occult is responsible for some of the disappearances?

I sure do.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I noted on your page that you mentioned berries being somehow associated with these cases. Have any of those who have been found had a toxicology run on them? I ask this as a former dual biology/botany major where, in nearly every class that featured some form of plant classification, the professor urged us to use extreme caution in presuming that we had correctly identified a wild species of mushroom or berry. Wondering if the possibility could exist that these berry associations could be an accidental ingestion of a berry with hallucinogenic type of property.

Thank you.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
To understand the issue, you must understand the mindset. The SAR teams believe these are merely missing people, nothing more. Once the person is found, bingo, event over, lets go home. These SAR volunteers are GREAT people who do tremendous work, but they are not thinking anything more then FIND the person. If the victim is sick, then maybe they go to the Doctor. There would be zero reason to do a tox screen on someone that is healthy.

Thanks for the question

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Thank you so much for your time. Have a couple questions.

4 years is a long time for any study, as such I know you must have charted these missing. can you share this showing what percentages you believe these missing fall in, ie 40% unknown, 20% bigfoot, 10% drug growers, etc. etc. We know you must have this type of info and it would be beneficial to know.

How many in percentage of these missing are found?

Louisiana has some of the largest virgin forest in the nation, how many missing are there in that area?

In all your time investigating have you seen bigfoot yourself, or prints etc.

Be interested in knowing your wildest experience in this investigation, there must have been quite a few times when the hair on the back of your neck stood up, lol....

thank you for your time and patience with us....

The Bot

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••
All of these cases fall into the unknown, that's why they were documented and researched.

Louisiana is an anomaly, has almost zero disappearances that qualify for the study.

We've had several very, very unusual happenings while in the forest, too lengthy to explain here.

Thanks for the question.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by StopThaZionistWorldOrder

Do you think there is a real possibility the occult is responsible for some of the disappearances?

I sure do.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
We don't think the occult is responsible for any of the disappearances we have documented.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thanks for answering my Q earlier, I was just thinking if maybe the Bigfoots have a huge curiosity in the way we take care of our own, try very hard to find our own , but neglect the other animals. And whether this is almost a study by Bigfoots to understand our species and what makes us want to take care of our species. I believe these Bigfoots to be a very smart, intelligent species, that dont want to be found, because they have witnessed from the shadows, our species huge involvement in the killing and suffering of other animals. I also believe that some Humans do infact know about Bigfoots and try extremely hard to keep them off the radar of Humans if we get close to finding one.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
First, thanks for coming here to ATS. I was very excited to see your name come up.

As for my question, I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, so if it has just disregard it.
During your research into missing people, have you ever been "discouraged" (or even threatened) from finding or sharing any information that you feel may have been in relation to Sasquatches (or anything else)?
I guess what I am wondering is if you ever came to the conclusion that someone in a position of power knows about these creatures and/or disappearances in general and is trying to keep that information on the down-low.

A second question is, have you ever experienced anything you could consider paranormal or odd during your investigations? Strange sightings, being watched or followed, etc etc?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
David, welcome to ATS and for agreeing to bring more attention to your projects by reaching out to forums other than main stream types that can be limiting on the questions .

It is hard to imagine the horrors that you have become enmeshed in when seeking answers to the most difficult and unwanted truths behind the disappearances.

*Do you find that people would rather forget the missing people as long as it does not directly affect them?

*What are your top 5 imagined causes behind their disappearances?

*What are the actual numbers of missing people worldwide yearly? And are there connections to the missing in America and other countries?

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Also, are you 'typing' in the posters questions to you? There is a simpler way! Just hit the reply icon at the top of their post and a page will automatically open for you to reply...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Paulides, in your DNA study of Big Foot did you find evidence of human DNA. Also have you had any dealings with missing people in Nome Alaska which also has a high number of missing people and the FBI has been there on numerous occasions

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 24-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

DavidPaulides
reply to post by dlbott

We've had several very, very unusual happenings while in the forest, too lengthy to explain here.

I'm sorry to have to ask again... but isn't there at least one story you could relate to us?

I realize your time is limited but it would help those of us who are unfamiliar with your work to gain an appreciation of the circumstances you encounter in your research.

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions... this is fascinating stuff!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Are there any emerging trends you've found that are prevalent with the missing persons? Has any of them been missing more than once? Do you believe the lack of data collected by the parks is intentional in that they may know what is happening and are intentionally hiding it? Do you believe the gov might very well be involved in what is happening to these people? Thanks!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Hello Mr. Paulides, in your DNA study of Big Foot did you find evidence of human DNA. Also have you had any dealings with missing people in Nome Alaska which also has a high number of missing people and the FBI has been there on numerous occasions
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
We've written about many disappearances in Alaska, but the Nome disappearances don't qualify, and, again we deal in strict facts, not rumors, not conjecture. If there isn't an official report about a disappearance and there is just rumor in a community, no we won't investigate.

We have actually investigated double disappearances in Alaska, when two people in the same family disappear at different times in different areas and are never found, the Palmer brothers are prime examples. One brother disappears riding his bike back from a party, another disappears on his snow mobile under very, very odd circumstances.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hello Mr Paulides,
Have you worked with Eqqusearch or any members doing some work on the side from Eqqusearch? Being involved in 2 missing and endangered persons events in the Midwest relatively recently and speaking with a particular member of Eqqusearch during that time, Id commented for as many missing people as we have ( adult and children) in that particular county, we should be tripping over bodies walking around the grid. This is what I find interesting.. no waste, bodies, or evidence of "Bigfoot" nor any evidence of common habitat that a group of as yet to be identified animals/humans would obviously leave behind. Where are these "materials" hiding? This is not the movies and it is exceedingly difficult to hide some 2,300 bodies and biological materials of missing people reported a DAY in the US. Add to that the concentration areas of missing... and tripping over bodies isnt much of an exaggeration. If youre familiar with Eqqusearch and the things they have at their disposal.. and the expertise/equipment... it does add to the side of something pretty odd happening when no traces are found for so so many missing. Trafficking, murder, cannibals, running upon a meth lab.... that just doesnt cover the amount of missing and presumed dead.. or the victimology of all of those who are missing. There is no common thread that I have seen presented that really explains this.
Let me ask you this.. have you personally thought out of the box concerning the victimology? Going beyond the lifestyle, psychology, etc? Perhaps something physical or biological or hereditary? Or is the data you are privy to pointing more to no common thread at all?

My personal stake in this is a missing family member in Montana. I am not, but she was rez born so it wasnt really taken seriously by LEO in the area... and tribal cops only have so much they can do when its off rez... IF it was in fact off rez.Ive learned that witness testimony is more times than not.. simple fantasy. It was easy to write her off as being abducted and murdered by a guy she met in a bar. It very well could be that is the case in her disappearance, but it has piqued my interest in more " out of the box" ideas concerning these disappearances of so many others with no trace. I was open to any and even some crazy explanations concerning the incredible amount of missing in certain areas. Id love to hear the real ideas you personally have without the canned and vague responses you seem to be giving here
There are many closed minded folks here, but youre in a place where the open minded and intensely curious are watching...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

First, thanks for coming here to ATS. I was very excited to see your name come up.

As for my question, I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, so if it has just disregard it.
During your research into missing people, have you ever been "discouraged" (or even threatened) from finding or sharing any information that you feel may have been in relation to Sasquatches (or anything else)?
I guess what I am wondering is if you ever came to the conclusion that someone in a position of power knows about these creatures and/or disappearances in general and is trying to keep that information on the down-low.

A second question is, have you ever experienced anything you could consider paranormal or odd during your investigations? Strange sightings, being watched or followed, etc etc?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••
I have been threatened, a death threat when I wrote my second book on bigfoot. Someone sent me an email stating they were going to kill me at a conference, because, I was proving a point that bgft was human based. The police got involved, tracked the guys computer and surprised him at his house. The threat was "all a joke" in his words.

One of the stranger things that's happened to me and another researcher was when we were deep in the woods when we both looked at each other and realized everything around us went silent, I'm talking zero sound. We could look up and see the wind moving the trees, but no wind sound, no squirrels, no movement, nothing. We each sat down on opposite side of a large tree and waited for conditions to changes. The man I was with was 70+ years old, salt of the Earth, stated in his 50+ years of being in the woods, that had never happened to him, very weird...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join