It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is David Paulides and for the last 4 years I've been investigating people missing in the wi

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
There is an oral story passed down from generation to generation in my state from the Noongar People in South Western Australia about these beings who used to take their children to eat. They summarily killed these rotund hairy beasts off due to their predatory nature and they are no longer seen here. The story gets muddled up and these beast's become the Bunyips in some of the stories but the gist of the story is that the bipedal hairy beast's displaying intelligence are/were human eaters and are to be feared.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I'd like to now a bit more about how they eliminated them as a candidate.
The government of British Columbia on their website refer to them as “one of the most mysterious and elusive of all creatures.”

Cougars don't always leave prints behind.
They are silent, stealthy, and very difficult to track.
They are known to be attracted to children (64% of all known attacks)
They can jump up to 40 feet.
They can run up to 50 mph.
They can reach 7 feet in length, and up to 300lbs.

Isn't there many of your cases where the people have left shoes behind? A 300lb animal, striking a human at 50mph, stands a pretty good chance of knocking them right out of their shoes, similar to being hit by a car, correct?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••

There are canines that are specially trained to track mtn lions for hunters. Canines are not afraid of the lions, lions are afraid of canines. Any expert tracker can find Mtn lion tracks in the vicinity of a disappearance quickly. Mtn lions cannot mask their smell.

When a mtn lion attacks a human there is a battle, hair is left behind, blood, there is a scene and that scene is identified by the trackers who are assisting SAR.

There isn't one person who has read the books that has come back to us stating that Mtn lions have taken the victims, not one. You need to read the totality of the work to understand the complexity of the issue.

Read the reviews on Amazon and the beliefs of police officers, game wardens and rangers that have posted..

Thanks for the contact!!

(post by squarehead666 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

You are constantly implying it. If not, then why is discussion of bigfoot and its existence relevant on a thread about investigating disappearances?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Tell me EXACTLY how I am implying it? Be specific, let everyone know.

Is that the only reason you are connecting the dots?
Read my bio.
Look what I wrote about before dedicating myself to missing people....
I have NEVER said anything remotely connecting bigfoot to missing people, NOTHING.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

Hello David, Thank you for coming on here for AMA!!
I honestly had no idea what was going on in out national parks. I think a lot of Americans are oblivious to the fact that ALOT of people go missing in our parks, I didn't even know and I figured myself at least privy to most information.
You have opened my eyes and I thank you for that and as well as another person to go out and buy your book to read as you have definitely opened up a whole new area.
With that being said, I have one question, more like, "what you think"...
--
In the case of Carl Landers, this man was an experienced hiker, climber and overall awesome fitness an in shape.
He said he felt "Poorly" and so continued on to lake Helens, that last known whereabouts of his location.
Now, after searching, they come up with nothing, even the snow where the path was had nothing.
So I was wondering, I had before heard of cases on Mt. Shasta being part of other theories like the Hollowed earth theory, Lemurians and BFGT.
Would you say that in his case, it was as if the ground opened up and swallowed him?? That perhaps maybe there might be a vast network of underground tunnels where "Things" can crawl up and take people? That in itself could account for the impossible terrains and lack of bodies as well as equipment.
I have always wanted to visit Mt. Shasta, but now regarding your research, I will have to be more mindful on what I do out there. So many stories about that mountain, strange lights, beings and Singing...yes, beautiful music and singing...as if something lives beneath the base of these mountains, if I didn't know any better, it would seem that some of these cases involve a few notorious mountains.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you!!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••
I don't know anything about caves but did interview the State of California SAR commander heading the search for Carl. He stated that it was one of the most frustrating searches he had ever been involved after 30 years. His quote, "He (Carl) either went up or went in, because he wasn't on." They (SAR) had covered Mt Shasta from top to bottom, Carl wasn't there and has never been found.

Thanks for the contact!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hi David, I've listened to your interviews many times. The subject matter in all honesty scares the bejesus out of me! I'm a big fan of Red Ice Radio and mentioned you to the host Henrik Palmgren as a possible interviewee. He said he would look into it, I think it would be a great interview if it was to happen

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Paulides, thanks for taking the time to chat and I must say that is quite a glorious moustache.

Are you willing to tell us what the various theories are? Obviously without putting too much emphasis on a particular one.

What would be out there that the FBI and Parks Service would be covering up? Do you think they are actively doing this out of fear of public knowledge? Could it be that they are not trained well enough or lack some sort of resource making recovery difficult, and this is all an attempt to cover up their ineptitude?

What criteria are used for inclusion to the list? I would think people go missing in the woods all the time and die from exposure/injury/what have you.

Any indication of military involvement?

Are there any blatant commonalities between the missing? Age, gender, experience? Are they generally alone? Have dogs with them? I should probably buy the book... I will later tonight.

Has investigating this made you avoid hiking/backpacking? Do you feel safe? Any recommendations on staying safe that aren't just the obvious?

It sounds like you've been approached by people on numerous occasions who have knowledge that something is wrong. Do you believe fear of reprisal is keeping them from going to the media/up the chain of command?

Thanks again and have a nice evening.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thank you for your response! I am very much appreciative of it. Because of you, I intend to look more into your research and by all means support your book as much as I can.

Being a military man, one would think they are invincible, but it would seem that in these cases, it would make no difference.

I am strongly against anything that EATS man, not saying that the majority of these cases involved were ambush and feed, but one kind of gets the impression that something is lurking out there in our last frontiers of our world. Being heavily into cryptozoology, I can totally see something preying on man.

You once stated on a interview that there were no historical data on missing persons, with that being said, one has to wonder, IF THOSE NUMBERS WERE PRESENT, THEY WOULD CERTAINLY BE AT A MUCH, MUCH HIGHER STATISTICAL AVERAGE then what was uncovered, which IMO, is scary, VERY SCARY.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KBadger

Hi David, I've listened to your interviews many times. The subject matter in all honesty scares the bejesus out of me! I'm a big fan of Red Ice Radio and mentioned you to the host Henrik Palmgren as a possible interviewee. He said he would look into it, I think it would be a great interview if it was to happen
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thanks for the thought- appreciated!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
For those of you who are concluding that the OP is all about BF, I would just like to say, a year or so ago, I contacted Mr, Paulitis regarding my grandsons disappearance. Big Foot was never mentioned, nor did he give any indication that his research was exclusively BF related. His research centered around all unexplained disappearances.

I believe part of his motive for collecting these stories together is to educate the public that something is going on in the Forest. There are a multitude of different situations occurring, and there is probably more than one cause for the disappearances. The more information available to the public, the better they can protect themselves and families.

When I was searching for answers regarding my grandsons disappearance, I stumbled on to an Interview on Coast to Coast with Mr Paulitis. I was very grateful for the information. He answered a lot of questions for my family.

Thank you Mr Paulitis for bringing this vital information to ATS. (Grandson lost at McCloud Ca.)

Granny Kat

(post by SteveR removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Hello Mr. Paulides, thanks for taking the time to chat and I must say that is quite a glorious moustache.

Are you willing to tell us what the various theories are? Obviously without putting too much emphasis on a particular one.

What would be out there that the FBI and Parks Service would be covering up? Do you think they are actively doing this out of fear of public knowledge? Could it be that they are not trained well enough or lack some sort of resource making recovery difficult, and this is all an attempt to cover up their ineptitude?

What criteria are used for inclusion to the list? I would think people go missing in the woods all the time and die from exposure/injury/what have you.

Any indication of military involvement?

Are there any blatant commonalities between the missing? Age, gender, experience? Are they generally alone? Have dogs with them? I should probably buy the book... I will later tonight.

Has investigating this made you avoid hiking/backpacking? Do you feel safe? Any recommendations on staying safe that aren't just the obvious?

It sounds like you've been approached by people on numerous occasions who have knowledge that something is wrong. Do you believe fear of reprisal is keeping them from going to the media/up the chain of command?

Thanks again and have a nice evening.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••
I have posted on this forum some of the criteria to be on the list.

Any indications of military involvement, three times the Green Berets were brought out to the scene, supposedly to search. Have had three responses from families of Green Berets forwarding me notes stating that Green Berets would never search for a missing person.

I have changed my practices about going into the woods. I always go with someone, now carry a personal transponder and always carry a gun.

The reason the NPS is hiding the data may be as simple as its negative publicity for the parks and that may infringe on numbers of visitors thus a loss of revenue.

Commonalities amongst the missing, I'll give you one of the biggest we found. From 1938-1957 more children disappeared in PA then in any other state during any time frame at any point in history. We have racked our brains trying to understand why PA, we don't have answers. There isn't one specific location, it was statewide.

Thanks for the question!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
@ David since you think you covered normal plausible situations, have the idea ever occurred to anyone that some of these people wanted to disappear?

And please no answer about "ya but the families say theyd never do that" because the family is always the last to know when it comes to things like a homicidal killing sprees, kidnapping , wanting to disappear etc. People especially dont tell the people theyre disappearing from theyre going to leave.

And as far as that one frustrating case you just mentioned...it it not plausible that they covered the whole area, even maybe stood on top him figuratively and just didnt see him?
edit on 24-9-2013 by winnar because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2013 by winnar because: sentence structure

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

For those of you who are concluding that the OP is all about BF, I would just like to say, a year or so ago, I contacted Mr, Paulitis regarding my grandsons disappearance. Big Foot was never mentioned, nor did he give any indication that his research was exclusively BF related. His research centered around all unexplained disappearances.

I believe part of his motive for collecting these stories together is to educate the public that something is going on in the Forest. There are a multitude of different situations occurring, and there is probably more than one cause for the disappearances. The more information available to the public, the better they can protect themselves and families.

When I was searching for answers regarding my grandsons disappearance, I stumbled on to an Interview on Coast to Coast with Mr Paulitis. I was very grateful for the information. He answered a lot of questions for my family.

Thank you Mr Paulitis for bringing this vital information to ATS. (Grandson lost at McCloud Ca.)

Granny Kat
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Granny
Thanks for the kind words!!
I hope your grandson is doing well.
Dave

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by winnar

@ David since you think you covered normal plausible situations, have the idea ever occurred to anyone that some of these people wanted to disappear?

And please no answer about "ya but the families say theyd never do that" because the family is always the last to know when it comes to things like a homicidal killing sprees, kidnapping , wanting to disappear etc. People especially dont tell the people theyre disappearing from that theyre going to leave.

And as far as that one frustrating case you just mentioned...it it not plausible that they covered the whole area, even maybe stood on top him figuratively and just didnt see him?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••
When someone disappears, law enforcement researches the possibility that it is a voluntary disappearance. If they discover that this may be a factor, it is explicitly stated in their reports and the administrators make their decisions on how to proceed based allot on that knowledge. We have never investigated a case where this was a possibility.

I have written about two cases where this allegation was made but evidence we uncovered doesn't point that direction and we give the reasons why in the narrative.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply above.

If I recall correctly somewhere I heard or read that Florida was going to require an entire book all by itself. Am I correct in that? If so when will that book be coming out?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidPaulides

I am so happy to see you here on ATS, I have purchased and read 3 times both your books and I do believe you are on the money with your research.

Off the top of my head, we have 2/3 year olds walking up to 15 miles in one 24 hour period barefoot and through impossible bush.

We have the best of the best blood hounds that won't follow a scent or simply refuse to do so.

Your books were a real eye popper to us both here and the way you wrote them was very easy to follow.

I have no questions for you, but we both wish to thank you for being here and signing our fist book for us.

Regards, Iwinder & YogaGinns

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, David.

I've listened to all of your C2C appearances and found them as fascinating as they are eerie.

I've been out of work for two years so haven't had a chance to get one of your books, yet. Wanted to get this question in. I don't think it's been asked yet...

When we went to Gatlinburg for our oldest son's wedding, we made the trek up to Clingmans Dome(sp?). My wife and I had a nice chat with a couple of guys and a girl (all about college age) that were hiking the entire Appalachian Trail. As they started down the trail (the Dome is right on the trail), I looked at how quickly it descended into what effectively became a tunnel and thought of your research. The realization of just how cut off from civilization they would be most of the trail made me shudder.

Q: Are there any clusters along the AT?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hi David, and thanks for taking the time to come on here and answer our questions. I have two questions that i'd like to ask you:

1. Are you familiar with the Dyatlov pass incident and do you have a theory on what happened?

2. What is the strangest case you have come across so far?

Many thanks.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Mr. Paulides:

Thank you so much for your time and patience. I know that it is greatly appreciated by many.

I am a long-time resident of an area adjacent to the North Cascades wilderness region in NW Washington State. Over the years I have spoken with many old-timers and lifelong residents of the HWY 530 and North Cascades HWY corridors many of whom work in the logging industry. I have heard at least a dozen times a very similar story: there is something big, loud, and stinky in the forests and foothills around here. Most do not come right out and call it “Bigfoot” or “Sasquatch”, but that is obviously the common assumption.

I have spent a significant time in this wilderness – usually using off-road recreational vehicles (dirt bikes, etc…). Personally, I have never seen anything I couldn’t explain, but then again, I’m almost always making a lot of noise, moving very fast, and not predisposed to paying attention to anything other than remaining upright. I also never go into these areas without being well-armed.

I have always been skeptical of these stories, and will disclose that I remain an open-minded skeptic on the existence of a Bigfoot-like creature. However, not long ago my needle moved back to dead center when a friend of mine who is a Sheriff’s Deputy admitted that he had almost hit one (just off HWY 530 about 5 miles east of Trafton, WA) with his cruiser. He told me the proximity of the creature was so close he had to swerve to miss it. I cannot dismiss this story out of hand as I would most others. This man is of impeccable character and is a trained witness. If he says he saw a Bigfoot, I am going to believe 100% that he thought he saw a Bigfoot.

As is the case with many (if not most) airline and military pilots who witness UFO’s, he made a professional decision not to report the incident.

There seems to be a high concentration of sightings in this particular area. My question to you is, has your investigation ever brought you into this region, specifically the western side of the North Cascades?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join