It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is David Paulides and for the last 4 years I've been investigating people missing in the wi

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

DavidPaulides

If someone is missing in a specific environment, there bones and body disintegrate at a specified rate. After a period of time, the chances of ever finding anything is nill.

Well thanks for pointing out the obvious but you didnt really answer anything.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

DavidPaulides
the numbers are staggering and go to our point, something unusual is happening

A) the numbers actually arent staggering

B) What is so unusual?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidPaulides

I read a ~1999 article in MUFON magazine ,since I was a member of Mufon for several years . The article described that 2 migrant workers doing work for loggers in the Pacific Northwest ,observed from their hilltop position a 25 ft in dia. red and white """kite" floating down into the valley below them toward a herd of elk. To their surprise the herd suddenly scattered as it neared the ground below. It singled out one large elk by attaching the elk to itself, then carrying the 300 lb elk high into the air over toward the ridge on the other side of the valley. The triangular kite-like object expanded as it rose up into the air toward that ridge of trees. Native Americans in the area have a legend of the Windigo which kidnaps and steals anybody outside of camp, but during protracted rains and/or snows. The Indians say the Windigo has tenticles. So are humans who hike through National Forests being "eaten" like any other animal by these ufo predators that regularly hunt our national forests? But I think only the blood and various organs are taken too for some Alien Purpose. I heard rumors that carcasses drained of blood are found mummified atop trees hundreds of miles away from the original abduction site. The Forestry Service uses LIDAR or IR filming of the woods below from an airplane and may be able to see these carcasses on treetops. When severed feet in shoes turned up on Jedediah island, were they severed exactly at a particular ankle bone and with a laser? Whales are found many miles inland as if dropped from a ufo from a great height. Were all the bones broken in the whale? Cattle are dropped at the same place they were abducted from 100 feet up or more. And nobody says anything if all their bones were shattered in the fall.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Hi David,

Great to have you here. Bigfoot has been spotted throughout many states, Canada, Russia and Asia as well. Do you think this being has a special ability to transmit itself wherever it pleases? Teleportation of some sort? Forests seem to be its grounds of choice. How is it that it can pop up in nearly every continent excluding Africa and Antarctica. Could Bigfoot be a test tube science experiment gone bad?

Thank you

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

winnar

badgerprints

Just a note on truckers.

A handwriting analysis professional once told me that the place he hated the worst in the world was the men's room at truck stops. He said most of the handwriting on the walls is done by unstable and often frightening people. He was very good at his job and wasn't one to exaggerate.

I was under the impression that handwriting analysis was psuedoscience. Can you clear this up any?

The gentleman who told me this worked as a contractor for many high end firms. One of his jobs was to review the handwriting of potential candidates for high pay and high responsibility jobs.
He also worked for various law enforcement groups and the FBI.

he started his analysis work as a young kid who had pen pals from all over the world and wanted to know more about them so he started with a book. His education has been ongoing for better than 30 years so he's pretty accomplished at it.

Handwriting analysis is not a pseudoscience. It is a clearly defined skill set that is in high demand for the genuinely talented people in the field.

I knew this guy through a friend who gave him a sample of my handwriting. He was happy to report that other than being stubborn, I was normal, trustworthy and had a severe injury on the top left side of my head when I was young.
He was right on all counts.

Nobody who knows me is aware of the head injury as it happened while I was away in the military and I had grown my hair over the scar.

He picked it out of handwriting. FACT
edit on 24-9-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

If you are really curious, U2U me and I will give you the story.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hi David,

Last question. Based on your experience and the data you have researched, what would you recommend should be done by citizens? The government? The military?

I don't mean to press you as you've done an admirable job keeping objectivity. But I am interested in an unofficial opinion. To be honest, more than probably anyone in the world, I am convinced that you've connected some dots as to what MAY be going on.

Thank you

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

I Believe this is the part you are referring to;

"...We won’t make any statements about what is happening to the missing until we are certain that specific, consistent elements exist that point to a cause, we aren’t there yet. Regarding contacting victims that are found alive, we were advised early in our development by other missing person groups that this would be an inappropriate practice. Some people may talk, later see their story in print and feel that they were victimized a second time. We are VERY sensitive to the victims and their families and would never want to do anything to cause them further anxiety. If they initiate the conduct, we would gladly speak with them. ..."

Perhaps I should have been more clear I am asking as I know that in some cases that there is genetic material left over as in the case of the person that went hunting and there were only fragments of them left and other cases with bodies found with unusual wounds etc. I am not an expert on this matter but I am under the impression that certain genetic information would be left available to researchers and law enforcement to help solve/ prevent this from happening if possible from the coroners office or hospital, as well as those that would volunteer it if it would help. As far as you you said that nobody would have access to this information do you mean that it is not out there or not accessible to people outside of Law enforcement circles? I do understand wholly that you and your team command the greatest respect for survivors and those that are missings families.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••
Your mindset in this forum is that something unusual has happened, something that is worth a secondary look.

Look backwards in time, nobody involved in SAR is ever thinking something unusual, they are thinking "Find the person", that's it. If the person isn't found and years later remnants are found, the NPS has actually buried the remains where they were found, done with the case. Period. It is a very rare day when a sharp investigator recognizes that something is wrong and asks for further followup, etc. Most of these incidents happen in remote, small counties with very limited resources and funds. Even if they thought something unusual happened, chances are they would drop it because they don't have their own coroner, it is all contracted outside the county thus costing them more $$, $$ most of these small counties don't have..

All the best!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Hi again David.

Perhaps you missed my question a few pages back so I'll make it brief. What's your stance on the Erickson project and the documentary?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Here are the numbers...

A staggering 189 men and 51 women officially remain listed as missing since 1997 by the Oregon Office of Emergency Management after trekking into Oregon's wildest places, said Georges Kleinbaum, search and rescue coordinator for the office.

While more than 89 percent of those sought by searchers are recovered alive, the consequences of getting lost can be dire. Eight percent die, and 2 percent are never found, said Kleinbaum.

---------------------

189+51=240 total * 2% never found = 4.8 TOTAL never found. Over 16 years thats 0.3 people a year not found.

I dont get what is staggering about that number. Nor do I get read what the families say... because the one place in the article where a family member spoke that I saw said this.

"There is a mystery here," says Dutton's mother, Cynthia Boucher, 66, of Vancouver, Wash. "Both Jake and the professor were experienced hikers on wilderness trails. Two grown men can't simply disappear from the mountains five years apart."

This just seems like a grieving mother looking for some other explanation other than stupidity or bad luck....

Consider this from the same article...

"Often, we find hunters who had a map and compass with them, but we find them deceased in the woods," said Mary King, emergency services coordinator for the Benton County Sheriff's Office. "That's not rare."

So there is the answer. Even with the right equipment, people get lost and die.

AND

again from the same article

"People who make mistakes out there and are by themselves sometimes don't survive," he said. "And sometimes they aren't found. There are not enough people in the world to put eyes on every bit of that ground out there."

Not enough eyes to really search everywhere. This is true no matter what state it is. I asked if they could have been standing right on top of him earlier and you never answered. But that article did...

Now you keep making these claims about how unusual it is but you wont speculate.

Why is that? Is it that the possibility of unusual goings on make for more book sales?

Also in one of the "case highlights" I mentioned earlier you stated that the center tent pole was broken, then not much later you said there was no signs of a struggle. What do you call the broken center pole?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Also Im sorry for the rather pointed questions, but I think they deserve answers and are very relevent.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Hi David,

Last question. Based on your experience and the data you have researched, what would you recommend should be done by citizens? The government? The military?

I don't mean to press you as you've done an admirable job keeping objectivity. But I am interested in an unofficial opinion. To be honest, more than probably anyone in the world, I am convinced that you've connected some dots as to what MAY be going on.

Thank you
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •
Truthfully, keep the federal government and NPS out of it. Some people have stated that it appears these incidents are happening on federal property so they can control the investigations, makes some sense.

Some of the best investigations we have seen is by the small county sheriff in a very rural area who happens to have a burr up his behind and the intellectual curiosity to find out what happened in some unusual incident. That small county sheriff has done some of the best work we've found.

I know for a fact that the NPS has some quality officers, fact. The issue is that their hands are tied. If they uncovered something, their work would be buried by their superiors, example, Crater Lake National Park and the disappearance of Charles McCullar. We interviewed the ranger that found this man, 13 mile back in the wilderness under very, very unusual circumstances. Without the testimony of the ranger, we would never know what happened to Charles. The ranger stated that when he found the remains, it was the strangest scene he had ever been to in 30+ years. He knew immediately that something bad happened and requested an FBI Evidence Response team from Portland. When we filed the FOIA on this case, the park service said they destroyed it.... Missing 411- Western U.S., Crater Lake chapter.

Thanks for the question.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by winnar

People who have read the books state that they don't get it and the light doesn't go on until they've got about half way through, then bells and whistles go off.

Just because a tent pole has collapsed does not indicate a struggle. If we have four tent poles all collapsed in the same manner, all with people who have vanished and never found, hmm, there is a connection. If boots were found of the victims inside those tents, that's another data point. If there sleeping bag look as though it was slept in and then it looks like they got out in the middle of the night, that's another data point.Sometimes it takes reading thousands of reports to finally understand the minute details that replicate themselves, unusual events.

None of these factors are going to immediately hit you in the face immediately, or, they wouldve been discovered decades ago. It is a pure accident we've found them. Go to Amazon.com and read the reviews of the books posted by police officers, game wardens and rangers about the books and their contents, they are pure mystery where there are no easy answers. No, they cannot be explained away, because, there are consistent unusual elements in many, many of these cases that make no logical sense even to seasoned SAR workers...That's why I gave the presentation in 2012 at the NASAR convention in Lake Tahoe.....

Thanks for the question!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
" We interviewed the ranger that found this man, 13 mile back in the wilderness under very, very unusual circumstances."

Starting to hate all the buzzwords. Heres the story for everyone else. Seems pretty clearcut.

October 14

While inventorying the contents of a nearly empty, dirty, ripped and torn backpack, Rangers Larry Smith and Marion Jack discover a Volkswagen key in a zippered side pocket. A suggestion is made to compare the VW key with a Xerox copy of a VW key from the Charles McCullar file, who was thought to have disappeared somewhere in the Park a year and half earlier. An “electric charge” went through the two rangers as the overlaid key made a perfect fit. A horse patrol, lead by Marion and Dave Lange set out immediately to search the area where the backpack had been found. At 1:30 p.m. the radio call came that McCullar’s remains had been found, scattered over and down a steep bank of the Bybee Creek drainage, four miles from Lightning Springs. The FBI is called in to complete the investigation.

McCullar’s cause of death is ruled by natural causes, but the mystery remains how it was possible for McCullar to have walked from the North Entrance, on top of 105 inches of new snow, 14 miles into Bybee Creek, especially considering that the young man was not prepared for winter survival. One theory is that McCullar may have followed snowmobile tracks, but the machines are not allowed into remote areas of the Park and secondly, the new snow was so fresh and deep, it would have been impossible for snowmobiles to have traveled the distance.

So, just how McCullar was able to get into the Bybee Creek drainage remains conjecture, as does his exact cause of death. The boy’s father remains convinced that his son was the victim of foul play because none of McCullar’s expensive camera equipment was ever found.

With camera equipment missing and the place where the body was found known it seems he was robbed and dumped by a person or people.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Hi again David.

Perhaps you missed my question a few pages back so I'll make it brief. What's your stance on the Erickson project and the documentary?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••
The footage is outstanding.
There is no documentary, it was planned but never came to fruition.
You might see Erickson and Ketchum together in the very near future releasing some monumental information.
There were many DNA samples in the study that came from the Erickson research.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

so there will be no "Sleeping Matilda" shown to the public?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

DavidPaulides
reply to post by winnar

People who have read the books state that they don't get it and the light doesn't go on until they've got about half way through, then bells and whistles go off.

Just because a tent pole has collapsed does not indicate a struggle. If we have four tent poles all collapsed in the same manner, all with people who have vanished and never found, hmm, there is a connection. If boots were found of the victims inside those tents, that's another data point. If there sleeping bag look as though it was slept in and then it looks like they got out in the middle of the night, that's another data point.Sometimes it takes reading thousands of reports to finally understand the minute details that replicate themselves, unusual events.

None of these factors are going to immediately hit you in the face immediately, or, they wouldve been discovered decades ago. It is a pure accident we've found them. Go to Amazon.com and read the reviews of the books posted by police officers, game wardens and rangers about the books and their contents, they are pure mystery where there are no easy answers. No, they cannot be explained away, because, there are consistent unusual elements in many, many of these cases that make no logical sense even to seasoned SAR workers...That's why I gave the presentation in 2012 at the NASAR convention in Lake Tahoe.....

Its very well known to science that people try and make connections where there are none. It doesnt surprise me that you are making them and that readers being guided by your words would too.

I'll look at the library for any of your 411 books. Just checked it online, no go.
edit on 24-9-2013 by winnar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
David,

What case - if any - has you completely baffled or still hangs with you to this day?

EoC

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by winnar

" We interviewed the ranger that found this man, 13 mile back in the wilderness under very, very unusual circumstances."

Starting to hate all the buzzwords. Heres the story for everyone else. Seems pretty clearcut.

October 14

While inventorying the contents of a nearly empty, dirty, ripped and torn backpack, Rangers Larry Smith and Marion Jack discover a Volkswagen key in a zippered side pocket. A suggestion is made to compare the VW key with a Xerox copy of a VW key from the Charles McCullar file, who was thought to have disappeared somewhere in the Park a year and half earlier. An “electric charge” went through the two rangers as the overlaid key made a perfect fit. A horse patrol, lead by Marion and Dave Lange set out immediately to search the area where the backpack had been found. At 1:30 p.m. the radio call came that McCullar’s remains had been found, scattered over and down a steep bank of the Bybee Creek drainage, four miles from Lightning Springs. The FBI is called in to complete the investigation.

McCullar’s cause of death is ruled by natural causes, but the mystery remains how it was possible for McCullar to have walked from the North Entrance, on top of 105 inches of new snow, 14 miles into Bybee Creek, especially considering that the young man was not prepared for winter survival. One theory is that McCullar may have followed snowmobile tracks, but the machines are not allowed into remote areas of the Park and secondly, the new snow was so fresh and deep, it would have been impossible for snowmobiles to have traveled the distance.

So, just how McCullar was able to get into the Bybee Creek drainage remains conjecture, as does his exact cause of death. The boy’s father remains convinced that his son was the victim of foul play because none of McCullar’s expensive camera equipment was ever found.

With camera equipment missing and the place where the body was found known it seems he was robbed and dumped by a person or people.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••
No way he was robbed and dumped.
He was found 14 miles into the woods across 20' deep snow drifts with over 105" of new snow on the ground. The NPS was completely stymied for an explanation about he he got to where his body was found, especially since he disappeared in the middle of winter.
The ranger we interviewed stated it was an impossibility for McCullar to walk into that area that time of year and there were no snowmobiles allowed in the park. They searched from air and did not find any tracks leaving the area where McCullar was last seen. How he got into that area is part of the Mystery. Where was his boots, coat and other items? Why were his pants pulled down to his socks? All questions that led the ranger to call for an FBI Evidence Response Team

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

DavidPaulides
reply to post by winnar

In fact I just made a connection. Out of all the posts in this thread this is on of the very few you did not quote.

I wont say the connection *I* made. I will just leave that I noticed it and let others make their own connection.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join