It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truckers to shut down US, protesting the trampling of the Constitution, viral, 50k likes in 4 days.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 1104light

We like to think we are, but we're just normal people trying to do a thankless job. It tends to get to you're soul being out here. It sounds stupid but talk to just about any driver that's been out here for awhile and we don't fit a 9-5 anymore. We'd go nuts.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Am I lucky to be Canadian or what.. Jeez, i guess things need to be re-arranged here too.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm a little confused. One minute I'm reading here that the idea is to shut down America, which makes complete sense if the truckers stopped hauling freight! So either ride to DC or park your rig. Then I read on their Facebook page;

If you are an average American and have a personal vehicle, get in your car and get out on the road if you have the time or desire. The more people we have on the road, the louder our message will be.

And that they don't want to hurt America so they chose a holiday weekend. But, to ask everyone to get out on the road sounds more like we're only feeding the oil companies more by burning more gas.

This isn't going to make the corporate elite feel anything. They'll be smiling as they head for the bank!

This is more for symbolism which isn't going to accomplish much and that's too bad. I was actually hoping for some sort of strike where they really felt it in their pocket books, because the truckers are very correct...gas prices are out of freakin' control and they simply don't need to be.

Oh well, I still support them either way. At least they're trying to do something.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I have read this thread with great interest and you know...this could work. Supposedly the bikers are going too and this could really come in handy you know.

No offense to Canada on the north border or the Mexicans on the south border, but maybe they should sit this one out .

This is where the bikers who are willing would come in handy...they could split up and go north and some go south and make sure no trucks would cross the boycott/picket line. Even some of the truckers could line their rigs up truck to truck and this could work.

East bound and down.......Jerry never knew his song would make sense one day...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Having been in the trucking industry for over 40 years, all I can say is don't get your hopes up.

Many times attempts at Nat'l strikes/shut downs have been planned. The bottom line is if the A.T.A. companies don't join in, it's not happening. They represent well over 90% of the trucking industry-they are NOT "truckers", they are truck companies with trucker drivers-what's left of truckers are vastly diminished numbers as the big boys squeeze them out, usually by regulatory means via the lobbyists.

A noble gesture, but it won't get the traction necessary for media interest...unless to promote how little support it received.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

I can't believe you said that!

The fact that we don't protest, that we don't look and sleep instead, that we are blind and comatose, that no one pays attention anymore..... that is the real crime here.

Protesting doesn't always create change, but it certainly creates awareness. It lets the world know SOMEONE is paying attention.

We need more protests, not less.

Let's fight for our country. Let's take it back!

Go truckers!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Anyone else having difficulty accessing the trucker protest facebook page? When I try clicking on the link, I keep getting a redirect back to my own facebook wall.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kumo77

They apparently have a new page.

ridefortheconstitution.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

YEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAWWWWWWW WE GOT OURSELVES A CONVOY RUBER DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

I hope it can bring real change , not Obama change but real grass roots change to your country.
I also hope its not too late.

If nothing comes of it , it at least shows the rest of the world that some Americans have a problem with the way things are run in the U.S. , some people have decency and morality.

The Truckers have a soul.........yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by Nostrenominon

Actually, he represents the majority of electoral votes. We may never know who represents the majority of popular votes.

Yes, we actually do know that.

He won the popular vote by about 5 million votes...it was 51% to 47% (fitting Romney ended with 47%). In 2008 he won be even more.

edition.cnn.com...

Thats pure garbage in and of itself. I wonder why no one ever brings up the fact the the majority DID vote by not voting at all.

Obama won the United States presidency with a whopping 62.6 Million votes
Romney had 59.1 Million votes

www.politico.com...#/President/2012/

There are 207.6 Million registered, eligible to vote voters

wiki.answers.com...

Now lets do some math for everyone

62.6 Million for O + 59.1 Million for R = 121.7 Million total votes

207.6 Million registered - 121.7 Million actual votes tallied (minus any 3rd party choices) = 85.9 MILLION folks who didnt really care for either choice enough to go out and vote, in fact they are voting by saying we actually have no faith left in this broken system and want no part of this mess. PERIOD.

Between the two major candidates they were ONLY able to garner 58% of the total voting population and you think that actually represents how the 'majority' feels? Ridiculous.

If a candidate is SOOOOO undesirable that they cant even meet the basic number of HALF of the voting population then they should throw out the election and two candidates and start over. Either way we will find someone whom the majority actually agrees on, or everything would eventually grind to a halt, but NO that doesnt make any sense now does it.

Oh and check out this wiki article on WHY registered voters arent voting. Theres alot to be said there.

en.wikipedia.org...

Edit to Add:

85.9 Million > 62.6 Million (however for my idea, the 85.9 million still falls short of half, but its still the largest number in the room and it isnt even being considered for the outcome)
edit on 23-9-2013 by phishfriar47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

For the Truckers and All who support free will and freedom in the U.S

edit on 24-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Truck stop meth whores around the country will go hungry...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by phishfriar47

Nobody cares how the people who chose not to vote feel. They had the option to make their feelings known and did not. The majority was decided by those who exercised their right to vote.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Won't happen. They tried a few years ago and feel on their faces when they were told that there would be arrests of anyone in a convoy around the DC loop or the city.

Do you know how much three days down hurts? I barely want to take the time to reset my hours when I have to because it can hurt so much.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Zaphod... I think they DO realize how badly it will hurt... that's kind of the point!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VindiVin

And I'm not talking about the country. I'm talking about their wallets. We all realize just how much it would hurt the country and the consumer, and I realize that's the point. But even sitting two days is the difference between $1500 that week, and $3-400 that week some weeks.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Sometimes you have to put your money where your mouth is and for these truckers , that's exactly what their doing.

Something's are more important than money , in fact if things keep heading the way they are , there will be very little money for anyone.

The window of opportunity to stop this slide into total economic breakdown , is closing fast.

We all know and see that.

You're living in a dream if you think that doing nothing will keep the wage you are currently getting coming in.
edit on 24-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Yes you do, but that also means that a lot of drivers aren't willing to do it. They can't afford to, if they're owner operators. And company drivers can't, if they want to keep their job. And when it's put on their DAC that they went on strike, they'll be lucky to get a job again.

Yes, this is important, and yes you have to take risks sometimes, but these are very real reasons why this isn't going to be the huge event that you think it's going to be.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Ok so lets get this straight , Some Truckers would rather hold onto their jobs and income , even though its more than likely that they are losing more and more money and will definitely loose those jobs anyway , rather than stand up to the Government that is deliberately creating their eventual lose of income?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Yes. It's better to keep your job, than to go on two years of unemployment, and run out of benefits and not have a job on the other side. Some people think that supporting their family, and keeping food on the table is really important too. Not everyone has your priorities, and some people think that family and food are really important too.

And while wages have dropped, they're not dropping the way you think they are. New hires are seeing slightly less every couple of years, but they're about bottomed out. People that are established, are paid the same they were paid when they came in. They aren't looking at drivers and saying "We're paying you less now."
edit on 9/24/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join