It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truckers to shut down US, protesting the trampling of the Constitution, viral, 50k likes in 4 days.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Its seems you don't have the capacity to see the big picture , and its for that very reason ( The Family and its survival ) that the Truckers are doing what they are doing by this protest.

It's the "I'm alright Jack " philosophy and the me , me , me attitude that is strangling your economy and the future for all families to get a decent wage and to even survive if the U.S economy crashes as a result
of the Government.

People that are established, are paid the same they were paid when they came in. They aren't looking at drivers and saying "We're paying you less now."

This may or may not be true for every individual , but again lack of seeing the big picture .

The economy is crashing , therefor the cost of living is increasing daily , that means fuel costs and even if your earning the same amount of money, your money is buying less and less.
When it does crash you could be earning $ 3,000 a week but a loaf of bread will cost you $ 500.
edit on 24-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

I see the big picture. And so do a lot of drivers. But you know what? Not everyone has the exact same value system, or beliefs as you do. There are a lot of drivers who put their family first, and are going to do what they have to do to support them. If that means working instead of striking, they're going to work. That is their value system, and that's just fine. It works for them. Just because it doesn't work for you, sorry, but it's their choice, and their life to live.

Everyone seems to think this is going to be some huge strike, but I haven't heard word one from any driver out here talking about it. ATS is the only place I've heard mention it. Yes, they got a lot of likes on their Facebook, but do you really think a lot of drivers are out here searching around on Facebook, or even using it? Most drivers don't even like electronic logs, let alone going to Facebook every day.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

How many driver's have you canvased to get these stat's .

It sounds more like it's your agenda to stop this than it is mine to further it.

Is it in your interest to shut this moment down?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I couldn't care less if this happens or not. I have no agenda as far as stopping it, and I have no agenda as far as helping it.

All you have to do is listen at a truck stop restaurant to know that this is not being talked about. You don't even have to ask drivers. If this was anything like the last time they tried to strike it would be all over the place in the restaurants, and on the CB. It's not being talked about.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Perhaps your being keep out of the loop because of your obvious views.

Meanwhile, plans for the U.S. truckers are really firming up. Amid growing controversy about the sudden removal of its Facebook page, which had soared to over 80,000 likes, the group has launched a new website, “Ride for the Constitution.org,” and are making it possible for everyone to get involved to stop the “corruption against the Constitution,” according to the group’s site.

Finally, the group is receiving media support from The Pete Santilli Show on GuerillaMediaNetwork,com.

www.bizpacreview.com...

Poll: Do you support efforts by truckers to 'shut down America'

Yes. They will bring attention to our country's problems and rally people together. (94%, 1,597 Votes)

No. This is not practical and will only create traffic problems. (6%, 93 Votes)

Yep your really on the inside curve on this one

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Wasn't the last time they did this to protest the superhighway from Mexico to Canada and lack of safety in Mexican trucks?

Yes...I seem to recall something about that.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yes, I listen to truck drivers, but have no clue what's going on. I'm out here every day, and I have no idea what's going on. So tell me, when are you coming up here to join the protests? Or are you just going to sit and bitch at US members to do something? When are you going to buy fuel to help the drivers out? Or are you just going to sit and complain about the US starting WWIII?

You have no idea what truck drivers are like. If this had gained any kind of massive traction like you claim, among drivers, and not just regular people, it would be all over out here. Truck drivers gossip worse than old women. But you're right. I'm too far out of the loop, and just tune out anything I don't like to hear. I'm on the government payroll and am trying to put a stop to this. Oh god you found out, I might get fired now. Damnit! There goes that sweet paycheck.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Bingo!!! your didn't like being shown to wrong did you.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Would you consider taking part in TSDA's general strike planned for October 11th?

Yep, count me in 62%

No way, definitely not in to it 28%

/]Eh, maybe, I dunno 9%

politix.topix.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

edit on 24-9-2013 by occrest because: off topic post, self moderated

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I have NO problem with being shown I'm wrong, and even admitting I'm wrong. What I have a HUGE problem with is people telling me how to live, and trying to tell me what it's like doing something that they have never done before, or even been remotely CLOSE to before.

You want to know what would happen if there was going to be a massive strike and people found out I didn't support it? They sure as HELL wouldn't freeze me out of the loop. They would harass me to join them, some would try to talk me into joining them, and others would probably try to damage my truck if I didn't join them. They sure as HELL wouldn't shut the hell up around me. But wait, you know everything about what life is like on the road don't you. You seem to know everything, so you'd already know that.

Truck drivers can't shut up about politics. They love to argue and bitch about politics and the government. They would NEVER shut up around someone if they had the chance to argue it.

So before you open your mouth, and tell me what it's like out here on the road, I suggest you try living out here for a day first. But wait, I forgot, you already know what it's like, with your vast experience out here.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Nahh no one is covering this story and no one is interest in supporting this movement , not even the trucker........NOT!!

A new social media rallying call has truckers across America buzzing.

Citing government corruption as its main grievance, a Facebook group dubbed "Truckers to Shut Down America" is calling for a three-day general strike set to take place Oct. 11-13. The page has quickly amassed more than 53,000 Facebook "likes" since its launch on Sept. 15.

Scores of truckers have declared their solidarity with the movement, posting messages like "Thank you, Patriot! Godspeed!" along with selfies taken in their trucks.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Did I say no one was covering it, or no one was going to participate? NO I DIDN'T. I said that the huge numbers of truckers being claimed aren't there. Yes there will be some, and there are probably a lot of non-truck drivers as well. But you will not see thousands of truck drivers like people claim. The last time there was a planned strike it was all over the CB and restaurants. This time, there is nothing being said about it except on social media.
edit on 9/24/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Your absolutely correct , I know nothing about being on the road nor being a Truck driver.

But unlike you I am not all about me and my issues , I'm about what is happening to the people of America , not just the truckers. I'm also concerned as a consequence of what the U.S Government is doing , what will happen to the rest of the world.

If the truckers have the guts to do something about it I'm all for it , they have mine and it seems a great number of other people on their side .

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

This time, there is nothing being said about it except on social media.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have already cited a number of news links that are reporting on this.
Do you require more?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

And yet you have the nerve to tell me that I'm not hearing about the strike because of my views. And what truck drivers are like.

Thousands and thousands of Facebook likes mean nothing. The real truth will come out when the date for this "strike" comes, and very few people show up. Social media likes only mean that people like the idea. When the time comes to get off their butt and do something at least 90% of those people aren't going to do a damn thing.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I'm talking about on the road. Drivers aren't talking about this anything even remotely close to how they were talking about the strike planned several years ago. The last time they planned to strike, no one could shut up about it, and it was everywhere you turned. This time, on the road, where it matters, there is NOTHING being talked about. If drivers were planning to support this in large numbers they'd be talking about it a lot, and they're not.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Perhaps it's a case of "All the talk "- no real action.

No talk - all the action.

How do you know what the sum total of the Truckers thinking is on this issue?
Did they vote you as their representative?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

How do you know what other people are thinking and planning? You LISTEN. I listen out here because some of the conversations are both interesting and funny. I sit and eat and OPEN MY EARS and listen to what's being said out here. I turn my CB on when I'm driving, and I LISTEN to what people are saying.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Mr average Trucker speaks about his fears about where America is heading and calls for all patriotic Americans to support these truckers to Hammer down to DC.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join