It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truckers to shut down US, protesting the trampling of the Constitution, viral, 50k likes in 4 days.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

From their facebook page:

I would like everyone to know that their are some copycat FB pages circulating that have no affiliation to this page or event. This event is about upholding the Constitution, Fuel policy's and Obamacare that will bankrupt every American trucker. This is a event is a three day shut down either park it or roll to DC. The American people are in full support with no commerce for those three days.

There are some spelling and grammatical errors but you know what, WHO CARES!?

This is what America needs. MASS civil disobedience.

On October 11, truckers are going to roll into DC. If you cant make it to DC, park your rig.

They are asking that everyone support this protest even if you arent a truck driver. Stay home from work maybe?

IMHO, the focus should be on shutting down DC.

In honor of this potentially monumental event, its only appropriate to watch the trailer from BLACK DOG:

"You can drive. Its comin' back to me", [down shift and hornnnnnnnn].

And of-course, Ron Paul's BIG DOG ad:

edit on 19-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: thread title

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So it's boycott everything !!

Maybe we got us a convoy !!

Blast away !!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I am just curious what trucking and the ACA have to do with each other.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 1104light

From what I call tell, it seems to have started out as a protest of gas prices (or policy), then snowballed into a general protest.

Is it possible that the requirement to purchase health care is too much of a financial burden?
edit on 19-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: grammar

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I hope this actually happens and doesn't turn out to be one of those hyped up events that fizzles out and nobody even notices. They should do it for like two weeks though. Don't most retailers only receive trucks on a weekly basis anyway? Will three days really affect anything?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I say go for it, I got no problem staying home those three days. Hell, I'll go sit in a tree stand and read about it on my ipad.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If you ask me, this is what THEY want. Take down the US, then the rest of the world goes with it. Then they can build their new world from the ashes. Kind of like the Olympic phoenix thing.... just my opinion though.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

xuenchen
So it's boycott everything !!

Maybe we got us a convoy !!

Blast away !!

Yeeeehaaaawwwwww!!!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I seriously hope it will be a MEGA event, and i hope more branches will join in, completely shutting down the entire US for at least 3 days, sending a clear message to those rotten scoundrels!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

This sounds like a great South Park episode.
First the Muslums go to DC to protest
Then the bikers show up
Then the truckers show up in their big rigs

Maybe Kyle organizes a protest in DC for people who are fed up with protests

Then Cartman tries to block his plan by getting the truckers and bikers on his side

I don't know. Protesting. I'll believe it actually works when I see it a actually cause real change.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is great. I fully support it. Its either do nothing, this, or revolution.

I say do this.....Much more productive.

Actual civil disobedience from a necessary component of the machine. Not camping out in parks getting high and talking crap.

Real working class people standing up for themselves in the exact way they are supposed to...now we are talking.

F N A

great news, TERRIBLE movie......*road house......"BAM!"

edit on 9 19 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Too bad everyone in America couldn't take a week or two off, or maybe just carpool.

www.americanprogress.org...

So if the big five companies are not using their additional earnings to increase production, what are they spending their money on? The answer: They’re buying shares of their own stocks and investing in politicians to maintain the policies that led to their enormous profits over the past decade.

These people don't realize how fuel prices hurt the little guys while they live so large.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Use your power, truck drivers are the most essential yet under appreciated people in the country if not the world.
Without trucks the USA grinds to a halt.
But big trucks are scary and the police with their tanks and guns riot gear may be called out. Imagine Reginald Denny with roid raged LEOs.
The truck drivers could go Ghandi on the government and have a passive resistance.
They don't have to actually block DC, just refuse to deliver to it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
All Policy is determined by lobby, including the ACA. In some cases lobbyists even write the laws or Policy and just pass them on to their pet rep. I would like to see such a major action show that the people are aware of this and won't tolerate it any longer. If this actually happens it will be huge. Solidarity.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
go for it truckers after 3 days the supermarkets are empty make it 5 days get the train drivers on side and you have the country on it's knees then get the taxi drivers in d.c on board and it is play time .

what a pity the bikers never joined in with this protest

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is about as likely to happen as every other so called million something march than ends up being a couple hundred people that nobody pays any attention to.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

gladtobehere

From what I call tell, it seems to have started out as a protest of gas prices (or policy), then snowballed into a general protest.

Is it possible that the requirement to purchase health care is too much of a financial burden?

Truck drivers do not get health care?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

gladtobehere

Well now, I had been thinking about gas and energy policy all day...didn't do my thread tho.

US gas prices are based on futures prices of North Sea Brent, which is higher than West Texas Intermediate or Light Sweet. Thing is, we don't use North Sea Brent and it is a future price by 1-2 months but prices rise almost immediately...big bucks for the oil companies. No way they pay this future price..but hey...you do. All the while their tankers sit offshore in other countries waiting for prices to go up before they sell.

No one addresses this and it is a huge scam imo by the oil companies that the gov. continues to allow.

Where is the justice...even dear old 'for the people' Obama won't touch them.

No one listens to the people anymore or cares.

I say go Truckers and folks need to stock up and watch the party.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Truckers....EAST BOUND AND DOWN
Show them that without the little guy there can be no big guy for very long.
TPTB dont seem to understand that do they really think that if they keep crushing the middle class that they will keep living the way they do.??? You can have all the money in the world but if there arent people working and doing everything that the public does your money is usless other than to use it for toilet paper because you cant get it at the store.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnKoontz

In case you didn't notice , they are doing regardless , so it's either sit by and wave your hands in the air and complain and do nothing or dig your feet in and stand your ground.

My fellow Patriot this effort is to support the truckers in a major shut down of America ion a 3 day strike October 11th thru 13th. Obamacare will be in effect and most people will be ready to take action. No commerce on those days stock up on items that you will need. No banking no shopping no money transactions.
It does not matter If a million or 50 roll through DC in this effort. Congress will listen to We The People. Which is remove Obama from office for crimes of treason and misdemeanors. We want Congressional hearing on Benghazi and Seal Team 6. Louis Learner put in jail. No amnesty, remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution. Remove Eric Holder from office for crimes against the people and the Constitution. Last but not least is Fuel prices.

www.reagancoalition.com...
edit on 20-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join