It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truckers to shut down US, protesting the trampling of the Constitution, viral, 50k likes in 4 days.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

1104light

camaro68ss
We need this. I hope it’s a huge turnout and inconvenience many Americans to the point where they open there eyes and understand how dire the situation is in America.

How will that help?
Seriously, how will stopping other Americans who are suffering from being able to get things they need help?

I know this question isn't directed at me but I understand it to be an attempt to also stir American's to speak up more - not as a punishment but to realize how much everything is dependent upon everything else and what the government is doing is causing harm to the balance of it all. Correct me it I'm wrong in here someone.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

tadaman
This is great. I fully support it. Its either do nothing, this, or revolution.

I say do this.....Much more productive.

Actual civil disobedience from a necessary component of the machine. Not camping out in parks getting high and talking crap.

Real working class people standing up for themselves in the exact way they are supposed to...now we are talking.

F N A

reply to post by gladtobehere

great news, TERRIBLE movie......*road house......"BAM!"

edit on 9 19 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

The ELites fear this most of all. Imagine if all the servants of a fiefdom quit.. lol

who doesn't know how to support themselves without being catered to?

This is the only step short of an awful tragic bloody revolution.. which I DO NOT want.

If everyone just sits out a few days!..

HECK, lets set up a national BLOCK party DAY on OCT 11..

that way everyone will be at home communing with neighbors!!

SOLIDARITY!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Dianec

1104light

camaro68ss
We need this. I hope it’s a huge turnout and inconvenience many Americans to the point where they open there eyes and understand how dire the situation is in America.

How will that help?
Seriously, how will stopping other Americans who are suffering from being able to get things they need help?

I know this question isn't directed at me but I understand it to be an attempt to also stir American's to speak up more - not as a punishment but to realize how much everything is dependent upon everything else and what the government is doing is causing harm to the balance of it all. Correct me it I'm wrong in here someone.

But all this is is middle class America making middle class America suffer. How will it help?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

The drivers and their families.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

HanzHenry

tadaman
This is great. I fully support it. Its either do nothing, this, or revolution.

I say do this.....Much more productive.

Actual civil disobedience from a necessary component of the machine. Not camping out in parks getting high and talking crap.

Real working class people standing up for themselves in the exact way they are supposed to...now we are talking.

F N A

great news, TERRIBLE movie......*road house......"BAM!"

edit on 9 19 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

The ELites fear this most of all. Imagine if all the servants of a fiefdom quit.. lol

who doesn't know how to support themselves without being catered to?

This is the only step short of an awful tragic bloody revolution.. which I DO NOT want.

If everyone just sits out a few days!..

HECK, lets set up a national BLOCK party DAY on OCT 11..

that way everyone will be at home communing with neighbors!!

SOLIDARITY!!!

I planted a ton of vegetables in my 10 square foot garden. I will be fed well in 3 days, right?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

How the Truckers see it , the divide begins , are you for or against what has been occuring in the U.S.?

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

Benjamin Franklin
www.goodreads.com...

Last year the American Truckers Association prepared a report for Congress highlighting the susceptibility of the nation’s just-in-time delivery system, the majority of which is made possible by the transport and delivery of freight. In the event of a catastrophic disaster such as a war that drives fuel prices through the roof or even a natural disaster such as a solar flare that renders electronic trucks inoperable, there would be a “a swift and devastating impact on the food, healthcare, transportation, waste removal, retail, manufacturing, and financial sectors,” according to the report.

The backbone of commerce in the United States are the truck drivers who spend long hours on the road ensuring our very survival as a modern society.

But with fuel prices continuing to rise, wages dropping, jobs becoming harder to find, and rampant corruption in Washington D.C. furthering the country’s economic death spiral, America’s truck drivers, like the majority of our fellow citizens, are fed up.

Between October 11th and 13th they have called for a general strike, asking truck drivers around the country to refuse to haul freight, a move that could carry with it a significant impact on the American economy.

The protest calls for truckers to make their way to Washington D.C. in a massive convoy in an effort to call attention to, among other things, the Benghazi cover-up, the recent attack which killed 25 members of Seal Team 6, ever rising fuel prices, and claims that President Obama has engaged in treasonous crimes

Moreover, they’ve requested that the American people join them in solidarity by not shopping or engaging in any economic activity that benefits the government or their corporate interests.

www.shtfplan.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Pinkorchid
But with fuel prices continuing to rise, wages dropping, jobs becoming harder to find, and rampant corruption in Washington D.C. furthering the country’s economic death spiral, America’s truck drivers, like the majority of our fellow citizens, are fed up.

Then why the hell is it "last but not least, fuel prices" in this protest. The truck driver problems that we have out here are the least of their concerns, which is just wrong. I refuse to have anything to do with this, until they make our grievances top of the list, and "last but not least" becomes some other problem, or ceases to exist at all.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

1104light

Dianec

1104light

camaro68ss

How will that help?

But all this is is middle class America making middle class America suffer. How will it help?

I'm not sure it really will hurt us unless someone out there goes to the store each day for their groceries, never planning in advance. If taking a road trip there will still be gas. It's not meant to greatly disrupt peoples lives but rather to let government know the middle class is hurting - in fact people on welfare are better off in some cases it seems. It is my understanding they have tried to be heard in other ways and it has made no impact. I believe this is to drive home the idea - if it costs too much to work this is what will happen: please America, support us. If you don't the end result may be worse than just 3 days.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

You have made it abundantly clear which side you bat for.

It now becomes simple , your either for what has been happening or you stand againt it.

NO splitting hairs nor mudding waters , the issue is clear.

edit on 20-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The problem with a "trucker boycott" is that the industry is so cut-throat and there are so many independents looking for loads that if any large group boycotts, it is just an opportunity for someone else.

The Union truckers won't be participating, and when companies aren't getting their loads picked up they will turn to the Union companies which will gladly take on the loads because the Union trucking companies have been in decline for awhile.

People hate Unions, I will never understand why, but the Unions one main advantage is that strikes work only when they are organized and across the board. But the Union trucking companies are so weakened right now, not even a Union trucking strike would do much today. The Union busters knew exactly what they were doing...the were dividing and conquering...a Union strike no longer has the same impact it used to and non-union boycott/strikes have never worked because it is everyone for themselves.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

I agree that is the problem , that's why it needs now to be brought down to a simple choice , your either for what has been occuring with in the U.S on multiple levels or you are standing you ground against it all.
edit on 20-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: typo

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Wrong. I can be against what the government has done, and I can agree that there should be the things that they want. But I can also disagree with them saying that this has anything to do with truck drivers, when they make the driver grievances the last thing on their list of "demands". If you're going to strike to demand government hearings, then just say it already. Don't lie and say you're doing it for something else, but you're adding those grievances against the government to them, and make them first on your list.

This world isn't black or white, but nice try at making it that way.

Funny how you sound exactly like Bush after 9/11. "You're either for us, or you're against us, there is no middle ground."
edit on 9/20/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

AlienScience
People hate Unions, I will never understand why, but the Unions one main advantage is that strikes work only when they are organized and across the board.

Because at one point in time the union was for the worker. Now if you work certain jobs, you're told you WILL join the union. And you have unions pushing harder than lobbyists in Washington. They've gone from a good organization, to a power hungry organization that tries to force everyone into it, if there is a union there.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Also great attempt on your part to divide opinion and dilute intent.
As history has shown many a grievence against a Government , start out with a core issue and expand , your the one that is requiring the black and white of it not me. They are not lieing they are only being more inclusive of the the grievences of the population. That is not a bad thing , at least they are actively demonstating that they take issue with the status quo and not sitting by and co-operating with it.

edit on 20-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Fine, then say that's what they're doing. Don't make it out that they're trying to strike to solve truck driver problems, and then suddenly turn it into something else, and "oh by the way" the truck driver issues. They're trying to inflame the drivers and make it seem like they're trying to solve our problems, when they're not.

If they had started out telling the truth, that they weren't really interested in solving the truck driver issues, and were protesting the government that would have been one thing, but they made it out that they were protesting legitimate truck driver grievances, when they weren't.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

liveandlearn

gladtobehere
reply to post by 1104light

From what I call tell, it seems to have started out as a protest of gas prices (or policy), then snowballed into a general protest.

Is it possible that the requirement to purchase health care is too much of a financial burden?
edit on 19-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: grammar

Well now, I had been thinking about gas and energy policy all day...didn't do my thread tho.

US gas prices are based on futures prices of North Sea Brent, which is higher than West Texas Intermediate or Light Sweet. Thing is, we don't use North Sea Brent and it is a future price by 1-2 months but prices rise almost immediately...big bucks for the oil companies. No way they pay this future price..but hey...you do. All the while their tankers sit offshore in other countries waiting for prices to go up before they sell.

No one addresses this and it is a huge scam imo by the oil companies that the gov. continues to allow.

Where is the justice...even dear old 'for the people' Obama won't touch them.

No one listens to the people anymore or cares.

I say go Truckers and folks need to stock up and watch the party.
you do use north sea brent it is used to thicken up the thin sweet oil without it many vehicles would not run i have been told .4 pension company's are responsible for a lot of the price increases in oil by hoarding it up and future buying .if they could sell oil at $ 29 a barrel 12 years ago and make a profit where the xxxx is all this money going when it has hit $130 a barrel at times life is not getting any easier for the working man only those xanker's are gaining my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Pinkorchid
reply to post by AlienScience

I agree that is the problem , that's why it needs now to be brought down to a simple choice , your either for what has been occuring with in the U.S on multiple levels or you are standing you ground against it all.

I don't subscribe to the "you are either with us or against us" mentality.

It is possible for people to have their own opinion and have different priorities on what is important to them. Some flag waving patriots would sacrifice everything, even their own family's well being, to be able to say they are a Constitution loving patriot. Some people value their family more than ideology.

The bottom line is that this boycott is more about politics than it is about solving issues.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Zaphod58

AlienScience
People hate Unions, I will never understand why, but the Unions one main advantage is that strikes work only when they are organized and across the board.

Because at one point in time the union was for the worker. Now if you work certain jobs, you're told you WILL join the union. And you have unions pushing harder than lobbyists in Washington. They've gone from a good organization, to a power hungry organization that tries to force everyone into it, if there is a union there.

That is write out of a propaganda book from Union busters.

The fact is that you truckers are in the situation you are because you fell for the Union busters rhetoric and propaganda.

Yes, in some companies/industries Union membership is required...there is a reason for that. It is because if you want to enjoy the benefits a Union provides, by electing to work for that company or in that industry, then you should be required to be part of the Union. It is just illogical to think that you should be able to take advantage of the benefits a Union provides but not have to participate in the Union yourself.

Mandatory membership is the backbone of what allows Unions to provide added benefits and gain a collective bargaining advantage.

Tell me, true or false, Union truckers make more money, have better health insurance, have more vacation time, and have better pension plans than independents or non-union truckers do?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
There have been many great and wise men that have spoken about the struggle for freedom and justice for the people , I will let them speak.

Nelson Mandela

When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw.

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. -Thomas Paine - See more at: www.liveintentionally.org...

Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. -Woodrow Wilson - See more at: www.liveintentionally.org...

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. -James Madison - See more at: www.liveintentionally.org...

www.liveintentionally.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Why in your mind do the issues facing the whole of the U.S citizens then become mutually exclusive to those of the Truckers and their issues , can you not see the connection in it all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join