It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truckers to shut down US, protesting the trampling of the Constitution, viral, 50k likes in 4 days.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

AlliumIslelily
I hope this actually happens and doesn't turn out to be one of those hyped up events that fizzles out and nobody even notices. They should do it for like two weeks though. Don't most retailers only receive trucks on a weekly basis anyway? Will three days really affect anything?

Ummmm, half of the retailers in the US receive shipments on those 3 days....

Jaden

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

1104light

gladtobehere
reply to post by 1104light

From what I call tell, it seems to have started out as a protest of gas prices (or policy), then snowballed into a general protest.

Is it possible that the requirement to purchase health care is too much of a financial burden?
edit on 19-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: grammar

Truck drivers do not get health care?

Most truck drivers are independent operators and they barely survive as it is because of fuel prices... Even when fuel prices are low.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Masterjaden

Most truck drivers are independent operators and they barely survive as it is because of fuel prices... Even when fuel prices are low.

Jaden

OK?????
What does that have to do with my question?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

It will be far to little far to late imo..

And the record as far as protesting goes is in critical condition at bestApologies.

Had the wrong vid. Apologies
Watch only the first thirteen minutes to be on topic.
edit on 21-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

It depends. As a company driver I had health insurance through the company, with great vision and dental coverage. As an Owner Operator, of I want it I have to provide it. The company I haul for now has a health plan for contractors, but it's not the best and it's a little more expensive since I make so much more than a company driver.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Zaphod58

It depends. As a company driver I had health insurance through the company, with great vision and dental coverage. As an Owner Operator, of I want it I have to provide it. The company I haul for now has a health plan for contractors, but it's not the best and it's a little more expensive since I make so much more than a company driver.

I never said anything about health insurance.
?????????????????????

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I misread health care as insurance. Meh, it happens.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Zaphod58

I misread health care as insurance. Meh, it happens.

That makes sense. I guess I could have worded it differently but yeah, I was asking if truckers somehow get to avoid things like doctors, dentists, hospitals, etc since that seemed to be what I was reading there.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

We avoid them like the plague.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

AMERICANS for duck sake wake the duck up !!!!!!!, Your current corrupt Government is going to take the world to WW3.

If you don't stand up now to this , your country will be forever known as the instigaters of the most horrific assult against humanity , the world has ever seen.

Australia's defence forces to be maintained at battle-ready status

www.theage.com.au...

We do not want to help Golman Sacks and the rest if the blood sucking cabal make a profit out of our sons and daughter period.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can not sit behind your party politics or your illusions of a free society anymore.

Millions will be slaughtered in the most horrific ways possible and you sit on you backsides arguing trivial points to try a find a way out of doing a bloody thing , well the bloody thing you are committing, by this lack of interernal fortetude , to oust an evil corrupt group of politicians is unconscionable.

America you are becoming criminals far , far worse than Hitler ever was.

Not only the rest of the worldl will suffer, but this war will come right home to roost in every neighbourhood and will affect every single person now sqarking about what they stand to loose if they support the Truck Drivers.

Australia has started the propganda for it's citizens to prepair them for going into Syria, this means they don't want this war stopped , no matter what they are telling you.

When America's allies have been given the head's up to prepare , then it is coming , don't delude yourselves.

Your sone and daughters , your fathers and uncles and your neighbours will be called to attend this insane blood fest.

This action by the Truckers has to work , has to be supported by all who believe WW3 is a senceless act of depopulation for the benefit of the very few.

If my son gets called up to fight this war , I swear I will haunt every ducking one of the lazy indulgent Americans that allowed this to happen because they were too busy spliting hairs and counting the pennies in their own pockets . Too self absorbed to notice or care what their Government has planned.

I am as angry as Hell at the fact that you as a nation have not stopped this already , you have allowed so many injustices against your own fellow countrymen and women and stood by with that self indulgent attitude.

YOU are the only country on the planet and by you I mean the citizens, capable in any way of stopping this.

You WILL REAP eternal bloody karma if you sit on you backsides and do nothing.
Duck Duck Duk!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Zaphod58

We avoid them like the plague.

Wish I had a job that made me extra healthy like that. Too bad I fall asleep at the wheel.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

The truckers are protesting WWIII?
I am confused. What is this protest about again?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Monach child? seeded op? , open up your eyes and spew out that sick programing your suffering from.

Does the colour of blood on your hands go with your eyes of somethng?
edit on 21-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The problem is that about half the medication the doctor prescribes is on the DOT "do not drive while on" list. We don't get paid if we can't drive. I've known drivers that had a toothache and taken a pair of pliers and yanked the tooth.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Pinkorchid

Monach child? seeded op? , open up your eyes and spew out that sick programing your suffering from.

Does the colour of blood on your hands go with your eyes of somethng?
edit on 21-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

Ummm.....

what?

Can you try and English post with complete sentences for me?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Zaphod58

The problem is that about half the medication the doctor prescribes is on the DOT "do not drive while on" list. We don't get paid if we can't drive. I've known drivers that had a toothache and taken a pair of pliers and yanked the tooth.

I get that but that does not mean that truckers never see a doctor or dentist. I know plenty of truckers with primary care physicians so I know that whether rare or not, like every other human on the planet, they need healthcare. The post I originally replied to insinuated they never needed such a thing. Heck, all of the ones I know were born in a hospital, getting healthcare before they even knew it.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

There are even dentists in a few truck stops. We WILL go see them if we have to, we just really don't like to generally won't if we don't absolutely have to.

The other problem, for drivers like me, is finding someone I can go see that I can park the truck at, or at least walk to so I don't have to take a cab both ways.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Zaphod58

There are even dentists in a few truck stops. We WILL go see them if we have to, we just really don't like to generally won't if we don't absolutely have to.

The other problem, for drivers like me, is finding someone I can go see that I can park the truck at, or at least walk to so I don't have to take a cab both ways.

Yeah, I recently had to pick up a friend behind a home depot just to take him to get smokes because the closest gas station he could park at was who the hell knows where. I get all that. You get what I was asking too though, right?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Yeah I do. I was just outlining some of the issues behind getting healthcare on the road. We're like everyone else and break sometimes. I've got a knee that caused me to stop driving for several years and is eventually going to have to be replaced. And I'm not even forty yet. Happened while I was diving.

Yeah we need healthcare sometimes as much as we hate to.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Yeah I do. I was just outlining some of the issues behind getting healthcare on the road. We're like everyone else and break sometimes. I've got a knee that caused me to stop driving for several years and is eventually going to have to be replaced. And I'm not even forty yet. Happened while I was diving.

Yeah we need healthcare sometimes as much as we hate to.

Yeah, somehow I just had this crazy feeling that being a truck driver did not make one superman. Thank you for being the only one honest enough to answer my question.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join