It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

### HELP! S.O.S. HELP! -- ATS.5/3 Issue Tracking Help Needed -- HELP! S.O.S. HELP! ###

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'm not exactly sure what this member means, but I'm reporting it because he/she mentions not being able to see the right side of the screen...

Yes,I agree.It's the way it is though
I lost my scroll bar at the bottom of the screen.and I cant see the right side of the page's unless I activate the 2nd page of the Recent post by scrolling all the way down.I dont like it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord

smurfy
Internet Explorer 8.0. Windows XP.

Google is stopping support for IE8 in 2 months. It wasn't a "modern" browser for 2009 when it was released, and is now a plague on the Internets.

The issue is that IE8 does not "send" me the right information to know what size screen the user has. I've tried several IE8-specific tests, but additional issues are always the result.

Let me know if this home page looks "normal" to you (fits the screen and all)
ie8test.html
It has some hard-coded testing I've been trying.

edit on 16-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

Yes, that is better, and I now have a horizontal scroll bar, on the test page that is, (I forgot to mention that it was missing in my last post) which is and always was a necessity on ATS pages, as you never see the entire page without scrolling L/R.
There are still a few icons dropping down from the toolbar once you start to use the vertical scroll, at the top of the page the toolbar is complete on one line.
edit on 17-9-2013 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Hey SkepticOverlord, there's a small glitch I forgot to mention. It existed in ATS.2010 and has carried through to ATS.5/3.

When you follow a link to the last post on any given page in a thread, it often takes you to the first post on the following page of the thread. I have seen this mentioned before by other members, so I am sure you are aware of it.

Is that an easy fix?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980

Hey SkepticOverlord, there's a small glitch I forgot to mention. It existed in ATS.2010 and has carried through to ATS.5/3.

When you follow a link to the last post on any given page in a thread, it often takes you to the first post on the following page of the thread. I have seen this mentioned before by other members, so I am sure you are aware of it.

Is that an easy fix?

The same could happen if you wanted to link back to your own last post, when that happened you'd know that your post would be on the previous page.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been brought up,I didnt read all 4 pages

I cant click on my posts to read them, I cant even click the thread I need to go to the forum and find it then scour through from there.

I will be happy if someone can point out my stupidity like they did with the Hose haha

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Can I make a suggestion? Perhaps, instead of notepads and pens, which is what I suspect poor S.O. is having to try and track all this with, for the sheer volume of reports coming in?

Can someone who has a suitable online account for the purpose create a spreadsheet or even database for bug tracking? I wish I had time to help but I'm so buried between my own web site, new equipment arriving tommorow and classes..it's all I can do to squeeze in this suggestion.

Maybe it'll help? Maybe not? The way Office 2010 and more, 2013 is designed though, this sort of large group collaboration is precisely what it's designed to accomodate.

Either an advanced spreadsheet with interactive capability or a database designed to the purpose (Small....simple..basic) could easily give everyone a place to consolidate and keep detailed track of status on issues?

My two cents and with a carrot on top.

Google Docs has an online spreadsheet web applet

docs.google.com...

It will assign a unique key automatically.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Haven't noticed if this has been brought up yet but it seems like a lot of folks avatars are now smaller than they used to be. Mine used to fit perfectly, now it's shrunk a bit.

XP - Firefox 23 -ATI Radion @ 1024x768 HP 14" laptop

Other than that things are looking really nice and no other issues. Nice job.

ETA screenshot

edit on 17-9-2013 by Bassago because: add screenshot

edit on 17-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
I cant click on my posts to read them, I cant even click the thread I need to go to the forum and find it then scour through from there.

Click the timestamp on the right of the list. That should work for ya! (if you are referring to the "My Posts" page.)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Given the apparent confusion over the "my posts" page, the main thread subject has been altered, and is now clickable to the member's post.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Bassago
ETA screenshot

It looks like there's a "zoom-in" on your example from the ATS.2010 design, because the mini-profile in ATS.5/3 is actually a bit wider than the old design.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Not sure if this is a new feature but I can now star posts multiple times

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This one didn't make into the master list, but it's been an annoyance.

When clicking through to a specific post on a page, the menu will overlap the top few lines of the post.

This has been fixed, the post now begins just a few pixels below the sticky menu.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Hey Skeptic....

Maybe you could help me... I can't log in on my phone anymore...

It happened after I cleared my cache... Do I need a separate account for my phone now or something?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Ok, well it seems to be ignored again, but this is what I'm referring to.

This is the first load of this page in this thread. Here is an image cut off mid way. And this happens consistently with any page with images. For me? Or everyone....

And here it is after reloading the page.....

I thought it was just odd images at first... but it's not. it's not rendering the entire page properly.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
Not sure if this is a new feature but I can now star posts multiple times

Nah, once you refresh the page, the extra ones are gone. It's just not updating the page as it used to. I'd star a post before and it would reload the page. now it's a script to add the image.

but it only gets one.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
reply to post by OneisOne

Given the apparent confusion over the "my posts" page, the main thread subject has been altered, and is now clickable to the member's post.

It was not confusion for some including Em Wah, the extreme right is just not available, but thanks for making the post title available for use, as was before.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

This one didn't make into the master list, but it's been an annoyance.

When clicking through to a specific post on a page, the menu will overlap the top few lines of the post.

This has been fixed, the post now begins just a few pixels below the sticky menu.

Isn't this on the master list already as #7?

7. Vertical positioning when following links to posts. Link 1 Link 2

At least I think that's what the posters were reporting if you follow the links.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Skep, The replies buttons are not working whatsoever now. It's impossible to find a reply on PC or iPHONE other than digging through any entire thread in question at the moment. If you could use any extra help, I do loans from my home office during the day, so I have some free time to take some of the load off of your shoulders.

I also have ran my own website in the past, so I understand what you're going through. Plus, we both love Walter White, what could possibly go wrong? Let me know if I can help you out at all my friend.
~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Ok Skep, The replies button is not working in The my ATS or messages section, but the Profile replies are only showing replies to threads that were created by any specific user, being myself in this case. You can however still click the posts button in the profile section to at least start from where you last left off.

The replies button is very important, it should be of first priority my friend, trust me on that.

Either way, The My ATS and Messages buttons do not show any replies whatsoever on iPHONE or PC right now. Just trying to help you out, not add any more stress to your Universe.

Like I mentioned before, I am here to assist you in anyway I can bro if needed so, just let me know. I love the New Website, you did a fantastic job. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

This explains the WHITEness of the website these days.

It's all a conspiracy..... Next we'll be seeing chicken vans in the adverts.. oO

Are you sure the reply buttons are not working and it's not the same as the desktop, if it's too close to the drop down toolbar at the top, it somehow stops being accessible. If I scroll down slightly, I can then click the reply/quote buttons.

Not sure if that's been mentioned either. Perhaps I just have a very crap copy of firefox 23.01

I also get a duplicate V button under the ^ button if I click "open the tool bar" and the close it, but not always.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join