It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

### HELP! S.O.S. HELP! -- ATS.5/3 Issue Tracking Help Needed -- HELP! S.O.S. HELP! ###

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
on mobile, the reply buttons in message section dont show up to reply to private messages.

the icons for the buttons after "logout" in the toolbar dont show, but the links work and expand to show the messages, account, members etc options.

tested using opera mobile on android 4.3 inch screen in portrait and landscape modes.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

filledcup
tested using opera mobile

Is it Opera mini?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

smurfy
Internet Explorer 8.0. Windows XP.

Google is stopping support for IE8 in 2 months. It wasn't a "modern" browser for 2009 when it was released, and is now a plague on the Internets.

The issue is that IE8 does not "send" me the right information to know what size screen the user has. I've tried several IE8-specific tests, but additional issues are always the result.

Let me know if this home page looks "normal" to you (fits the screen and all)
ie8test.html
It has some hard-coded testing I've been trying.

edit on 16-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
()
edit on 16-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

on the new ATS when i check out a persons registered date i see it like this:

instead of a date i get that stuff...

anyone else seeing this? and has it been reported elsewhere?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9/16/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

filledcup
tested using opera mobile

Is it Opera mini?

i was using opera classic mobile browser from the play store. havent tested on mini, but i just tested it on opera mobile browser and everything is ok there. the opera classic version displays the website just like on desktops.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Anyway so here is the issue I am having . With the iPhone ATS works perfectly. The iPad on the other hand is sending me to a 404 error page from the new, top, and also logout. So anytime I hit any of those link or button whatever you wanna call it I get sent to the 404 page. Can someone please let me know what I need to do. I tried the basics restart ,clearing cookies,clearing history but still same thing .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

filledcup
the opera classic version displays the website just like on desktops.

Except that it's not considered a "modern browser." Yes, it shows desktop versions -- but because of it's older core that doesn't send critical data about screen size back to the web server. There's also a long list of incompatibilities with current standards that Opera Mobile, and current Opera Desktop supports.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
3. Post text does not wrap anymore when sizing browser window. Link 1

Original bug report?

I can live with the new look but please enable text wraping. Where before I could dedicat 1/4 of my monitor screen to the page now I have to size it clear across the bottom of my monitor and whats with the hugmongus text window for a reply do you think we are all blind?

There's really not enough information here. The old ATS.2010 had a fixed width of 990 pixels and did not size-down to narrower browser windows. And this is the first complain of the size of the form in the reply/new-thread form.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I can live with the new look but please enable text wraping. Where before I could dedicat 1/4 of my monitor screen to the page now I have to size it clear across the bottom of my monitor and whats with the hugmongus text window for a reply do you think we are all blind?

There's really not enough information here.

It's obviously up to you if any of these are real issues or not. I just make lists.

I think this poster was trying to say that with ATS.2010 they could leave a browser window as a quadrant of their screen and the post text would wrap so that the shrunken browser window was readable and functional. Now they have to make that browser window wide enough to see the text because it doesn't wrap.

At least, that's what I gather from the vague description of the difference. If it's a non-issue, cross it off!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

This thread came up regarding ATS.5/3. Where Is My Family?

It seems like a well-spoken and heartfelt commentary on some of the subtractions. Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
WHAT IS THIS?

post by boredsilly

The new website is awful and I find I'm spending less time on here because of it. It's too hard to read...

Seriously folks, this one has me pulling my hair out. Text-to-background contrast for primary text is spot-on compatible with all sorts of W3C and Neilson guidelines. I've seen quite a few of these "it's too hard to read" complaints, but no one is apparently willing to help by expressing better what they mean.

Even in this entire thread: Hard to read this new format, I don't think I ever got a full-on express of what the few are meaning when they say, "hard to read." Unless I missed something, which is possible.

What gives?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Even in this entire thread: Hard to read this new format, I don't think I ever got a full-on express of what the few are meaning when they say, "hard to read." Unless I missed something, which is possible.

What gives?

I do not understand the complaints about readability, either. I find the site easily readable. I can't help you there!

I didn't include it on the list because despite the numerous complaints about readability, I couldn't find any quantifiable substance to put on an "issues list".

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
I think this poster was trying to say that with ATS.2010 they could leave a browser window as a quadrant of their screen and the post text would wrap so that the shrunken browser window was readable and functional.

Maybe... but looking at the old site front-end code, I can't see how that was possible with fixed-width containers for the posts.

Time for Breaking Bad and some tequila.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
I do not understand the complaints about readability, either. I find the site easily readable. I can't help you there!

I know, right?

I'm even getting emails and private messages from members thanking me for imploring people to try the light version, and give it some time. Many have said that once they're used to it, they're never going back to dark.

On flatscreens (LED/LCD), the warm ivory/white with a warm almost-black text is widely reported to be the best combination for long-term reading.

I get eye-fatique quickly while using the tools to code ATS, and have anti-glare eye glasses for when I work. When I read ATS in light mode, I don't need them.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord

InTheFlesh1980
I think this poster was trying to say that with ATS.2010 they could leave a browser window as a quadrant of their screen and the post text would wrap so that the shrunken browser window was readable and functional.

Maybe... but looking at the old site front-end code, I can't see how that was possible with fixed-width containers for the posts.

Time for Breaking Bad and some tequila.

Ahhaha since I stoped drinking I cant keep up with Breakign Bad.

On a on topic note, I have now started using Trebuchet as a default font in my texts. I can't get why people are put off by it, unless for some reason it is not translating correctly to them, and they're all reading wingdings or something.. lol

My only issue, is the images tend to cut off mid page on the first load. If I reload, then they all appear. I've not checked this today, but have not seen anything to change it. So in case it is still an issue, maybe if it's not an issue for everyone else and just me... but worth a mention.

images as in embedded images, say in the post a funny picture thread.

god damn it, I've really got to stop thinking about gin for some reason.
and I didn't even like gin when I WAS drinking.

edit on 17-9-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I didn't check bugs reported by anyone else so this could be a repeat:

I noticed that after a few days I am able to star the same posts again.

One post I have starred three times in a week now.
I am not sure what happens, the website seems to forget the history of stars tracking.

Not really a big deal or anything, but a bug worth mentioning that is low priority.

Anyways, keep up the good work guys.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I suggest a change in font would make for easier reading. The Ubuntu style is too blocky and looks like bold font-style. I suggest a serif font such as Georgia or Times Roman would make the posts easier to read and less tiresome on the eyes.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Skep, On my iPHONE the replies in the messages section do not show up. Other than that, I have absolutely no issues whatsoever from my iPHONE, iPAD, Laptop or PC using IE or FireFox.

I don't understand how or why people claim that they can't read anything. Maybe they are using some Atari era monitor cause the font size is not an issue.

The new Website is leagues above the old, just so you know.

Yeah, I figured you were reaching the point of insanity by trying to answer all the pleas for help. I am sure you have aged 5 years during this venture and experienced pure madness at times.

I suggest more Breaking Bad and more tequila my friend. Hey? I hear Sal is going to have his own spin off show, so things are not so bad. ~$heopleNation
edit on 17-9-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

elfrog
I suggest a change in font would make for easier reading. The Ubuntu style is too blocky and looks like bold font-style. I suggest a serif font such as Georgia or Times Roman would make the posts easier to read and less tiresome on the eyes.

Ubuntu is not used in the posts, it's the "Brand Typeface" used in menus and titles. Posts use Trebuchet which was designed to be a highly-readable "semi-serif" for on-screen reading.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join