It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

### HELP! S.O.S. HELP! -- ATS.5/3 Issue Tracking Help Needed -- HELP! S.O.S. HELP! ###

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Okay... I can no longer keep track by myself. There's too many items being brought up in too many threads.

Now that we're a week out from the transition, could we have a couple volunteers to scour through the (increasing number of) threads and help compile a list of needed fixes?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If this is a "all units" please respond kind of a request, I am more than happy to lend a hand, just need to know where and how.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Count me in. You've put a lot of work into this. I'd like to see it running smoothly.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
"S.O.S HELP!"

Skeptic Overlord Says Help!

I see what you did there - intentionally or unintentionally.

edit on 16-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Can you post your current list of issues in this thread? We could use that as the "master list" starting point to save time and avoid redundancy.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I'll start looking if thats what you want but so far I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary.
Can you be more specific as to what I should be looking for??

I also want to say this,I was very against this new change and I have to admit...I am liking this alot.
Apologies for being a wet blanket about it in the beginning.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Count me in as a volunteer. Perhaps a breakdown by forum assigned to volunteers could help?

Des

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Can I make a suggestion? Perhaps, instead of notepads and pens, which is what I suspect poor S.O. is having to try and track all this with, for the sheer volume of reports coming in?

Can someone who has a suitable online account for the purpose create a spreadsheet or even database for bug tracking? I wish I had time to help but I'm so buried between my own web site, new equipment arriving tommorow and classes..it's all I can do to squeeze in this suggestion.

Maybe it'll help? Maybe not? The way Office 2010 and more, 2013 is designed though, this sort of large group collaboration is precisely what it's designed to accomodate.

Either an advanced spreadsheet with interactive capability or a database designed to the purpose (Small....simple..basic) could easily give everyone a place to consolidate and keep detailed track of status on issues?

My two cents and with a carrot on top.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Can you not just start with what you have, put it on here and let people add to it. The huge fonts could be an issue, my subscribe button is off the screen is another. the broken toolbar is another. I have absolutely no issues with any other forum layouts, or page problems.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Although it would be ideal to use a database or spreadsheet, it may be more practical for purposes of participation to keep it on the site. In fact, since the issues are being mentioned in various threads, a simple list with a brief description of the reported issue followed by a link (or several links) to the post(s) in which the issue was mentioned may be sufficient.

For example:
1. Horizontal scrollbar on some Desktop resolutions when browser window is maximized. Link 1 Link 2
2. On the Forums page, clicking the name of a Mod links to a blank screen. Link 1
3. ... etc

With a list like this, Skeptic could follow links to gather context. But only a few individuals should be able to modify the list and check items off as they are completed. Otherwise it would probably spiral out of control.
Just a suggestion.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

What browser are you using Smurfy?

I've noticed some of the bug reports(Including one of mine) are coming down to browser(and plugin) issues, and not site issues. Yours sounds like it could be a bit of both.

reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Sounds like the way to go. Thumbs up.

edit on 9/16/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Actual BUGS...I haven't noticed any. I just have a few creative differences. Other than that, the website seems to be functioning just fine.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The thing is... That simple list is what he's been trying all along, by appearances. A forum for Beta and just for Beta. A forum for the public beta periods and only for those ...and then, on launch day, a thread where all reports were supposed to go. (That lasted a long time...ugh)

We also have no idea how many reports he's dealing with. I'm betting it's safe to say, for S.O. to send up the SOS flag? It's more than a dozen or even a couple dozen. More than one man or one list..as just a list..is likely to keep straight for action and progress vs. new reports on what those things did to change a given issue.

Oh well.. I wish wish wish I had time or could make time to help. Ack! A very similar thing happened with Tribes II and if anyone is old enough to remember that Fiasco? I was the Owner/Operator of Veteran Gamers Network ...running the 'unoffocial' bug Database for as long as it lasted in that. It seemed to work well for seeing patterns of not just bugs and interactions, but charting what people reported using for software/config to see what that was causing too.

edit on 16-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
i would love to help but i have not got the first clue about computers a.t.s has a few good contributers that are up on computers sorry s.o

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
1. Horizontal scrollbar on some Desktop resolutions when browser window is maximized. Link 1 Link 2

This one should be fixed now.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

InTheFlesh1980

This one should be fixed now.

FireFox 23.0.1, screen resolution 1280 x 1024, browser maximized, viewport: 1264 x 906 | document: 1280 x 7419:

The screen cap is the lower right corner of my browser. The horizontal scroll bar only goes away if I restore the browser to a sizable window, then just stretch it so it looks maximized, even though it's really floating and moveable.

But back on the topic of this thread, do you have your own list that we could use as a starting point?

edit on 9/16/2013 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

It looked good on my Win7 and Win8 testbed. Your right-side vertical scroll bar must be wider.

I've run through the list of front-end (layout) issues I have, and the top-right buttons for profile, replies, and replied-to were the last of my needed feature adds.

I have a list of back-end work for new staff tools, but nothing other than ad-hoc items I discover for user-focused front and and features.

I know the smilies/emoticons are a "sore spot," but we're trying to push the pure HTML5/CSS3 standards.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

It looked good on my Win7 and Win8 testbed. Your right-side vertical scroll bar must be wider.

I changed the scrollbar size to the minimum allowable in WinXP (8 pixels), and the horizontal scrollbar remains:

It appears to be independent of scrollbar size.
It may be easier to duplicate using the "Windows Classic" theme on an XP machine. The scrollbar does not show up for me when the window is maximized on a monitor that is 1920 x 1080, and it does not show up in Win7 or Win8 on various resolutions/monitors.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Perhaps a bit of encouragement is in order:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

In the 'my posts' section, you can no longer link back to the page where you posted last in that thread, there is no longer a link over the thread title. You can link back to the general forum on the sub heading. The 'My threads' link backs are working okay as before.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join