It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter at Washington Navy Yard, Reports of Multiple People Shot

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Using that as a rule is just as stupid as believing everything that comes out in the very first reports from the media. Your mind is already made up and closed, why even bother.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

flyswatter
reply to post by old_god

Using that as a rule is just as stupid as believing everything that comes out in the very first reports from the media. Your mind is already made up and closed, why even bother.

Did you ever see the media reports from Oklahoma City?

They reported multiple bombs in the building and also showed multiple bombs being recovered.
Later this was all hushed up. So I would concur with old_god.
You have to examine ALL the evidence, from beginning to end. Especially the media reports, and more so when those reports come out before the event that they are reporting has even happened.
edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmTue, 17 Sep 2013 12:29:49 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Sure. Examine all evidence, make informed decisions and form educated opinions. Dont automatically assume anything. Thats not at all what he was saying though.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

WonderBoi

DancedWithWolves

Images from Tim Hogan via twitter posted on ABC affiliate WJLA
Source

Image from WUSA live feed...reports of three people transported to George Washington University Hospital.

Link to video

Link to CNN live feed
The central picture caught my attention; especially the two figures on the extreme left. They look suspiciously like the alleged reporter interviewing a guy who had just been let out of the building. Both were caught laughing before the interview? The post was a few pages back. Strange footwear (white sneakers) to wear with a suit. especially if you are a Government worker?
I would agree that it looks staged also. If you look at the central image, the two figures on the extreme left look suspiciously like the alleged reporter interviewing a guy who had just been released from the building. Both were caught laughing just before going live? The post was a few pages back. Strange footwear to be wearing with a suit don't you think? especially if you're a Government employee.
Wasn't it raining in Washington yesterday? at least the female reporter I was listening to was holding an umbrella. No-one in those pictures are dressed for the rain?

WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- Police say four people and one officer have been shot at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday morning. Police are looking for the shooter.

The U.S. Navy also tweeted officials are looking for a gunman and that there were at least three shots fired inside the Naval Sea Systems Command headquarters. The Navy says approximately 3,000 people work there.

A police official says they received the report at 8:26 a.m. Monday.

Social media reporting a shooter spotted in a fourth floor window, according to WUSA.

Suspect description: Adult black male, medium complexion, bald, approx. 6' tall. Source says gunman had three weapons, a hand gun, a double barrel shot gun and an AR-15. Lone gunman has barricaded himself in a room according to the Washington Post.

One victim possibly evacuated by helicopter in a basket from the roof.

Possibly related: Flights at Reagan National being held on the ground.

edit on 16-9-2013 by DancedWithWolves because: Updated photos and information
Is it POSSIBLE that these "events", of late, are Hollywood gone live, psyops type of deal? Why does everything seem staged? I haven't watched tv, and haven't read any of the news, regarding this event; but as i look at these pictures, it just doesn't seem right. It's seems like the same M.O., we've seen, regarding guns and shootings.

I also wonder if people understand that Hollywood and the Military Industrial Complex work hand-in-hand? There's also rumors that MANY actors in Hollywood are actually spies. Same thing is said about those in the music industry.

I have a hard time believing anything, being advertised, via television.

edit on 17-9-2013 by scotland48 because: reply disappeared.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I was going to respond but you beat me to it.

This happened in America. It's a melting pot. What does an American look like? I have brothers and sisters that were born in all parts of the world from Guam to Trinidad, from Detroit to St. Lucia. Today they are all Americans. What to you, does an American look like?

Sorry, but that was just asinine.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

A rifle...a rifle when shot may miss someone in a hallway but not a shotgun..

The FBI just started a news conference a minute ago, and they were giving more information out there. To their knowledge, there was no AR-15 (or any rifle) ever used by the shooter. They are saying he entered the 1st building with just a shotgun, and "may" have picked up a handgun from a fallen officer.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

NavyDoc

matafuchs

"We saw a man down the hall with a rifle, and he aimed at us," witness Terrie Durham. "He shot and missed and we were all yelling for people to get out of the building."

Read more: www.wjla.com...
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

and as far as clearance, he pulled a gun and shot out tires of someone he had an argument with. I would think that would be a big RED X....

edit on 09am30amfu2013-09-17T10:27:30-05:001030 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

Shot does not spread out like in the movies. If he was a few yards away, the shot spread would only be a few inches and he could very easily miss with a shotgun.

I agree, how the heck did he have a clearance with his arrest record? He would never have passed the background check which is very intensive.

I agree that shot does not spread like in the movies..
but in this case if they were a few yards away you would definitely know if it was a shotgun or not I would expect.

Really not sure how he got clearance. This again though it another strike against 'private companies' like the ones that employed Snowden. Another strike and more 'ammo' to block outside industry from the Military complex.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
According to the officials at the press conference just now, in response to a question on response time (from initial report to "neutralizing the suspect") it took approx 10 minutes. So, proof positive, that even in an "ideal situation", where armed units are on-the-scene (there were armed units deployed in the area already as part of standard security measures), they were still minutes away from helping people. In this 10 minutes, the suspect killed all of those unarmed people.

Very sad....very sad.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted already or not, but Alexis was arrested in the Atlanta area at a nightclub.

DeKalb County police said that Aaron Alexis spent a night in the county jail after getting into trouble at a nightclub on Chamblee-Tucker Road on Aug. 10, 2008.

Source: www.ajc.com...

edit on 17-9-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

I read a similar theory by a uk blogger this morning

www.chrisspivey.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

200Plus

I was going to respond but you beat me to it.

This happened in America. It's a melting pot. What does an American look like? I have brothers and sisters that were born in all parts of the world from Guam to Trinidad, from Detroit to St. Lucia. Today they are all Americans. What to you, does an American look like?

Sorry, but that was just asinine.

An american looks just like me, Im white british.
An american looks just like you, me or anyone else.
Until we are forced to have our national flag tattooed to our foreheads there really is no way of telling someones nationality just by looking at them.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

matafuchs

NavyDoc

matafuchs

"We saw a man down the hall with a rifle, and he aimed at us," witness Terrie Durham. "He shot and missed and we were all yelling for people to get out of the building."

and as far as clearance, he pulled a gun and shot out tires of someone he had an argument with. I would think that would be a big RED X....

edit on 09am30amfu2013-09-17T10:27:30-05:001030 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

Shot does not spread out like in the movies. If he was a few yards away, the shot spread would only be a few inches and he could very easily miss with a shotgun.

I agree, how the heck did he have a clearance with his arrest record? He would never have passed the background check which is very intensive.

but in this case if they were a few yards away you would definitely know if it was a shotgun or not I would expect.

Really not sure how he got clearance. This again though it another strike against 'private companies' like the ones that employed Snowden. Another strike and more 'ammo' to block outside industry from the Military complex.

The company has no part in the background checks. The checks that he went through are done by the government, same as the ones that I go through every 5 years.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

amraks

Tracey369
do these articles on page 14 of googlesearch mean the article was posted 3 days ago, scroll down and look for 2 NBC links

www.google.com... ngton%20Navy%20Yard%3B%20at%20Least%201%20Victim#psj=1&q=Police,+FBI:+Shooter+Reported+in+Military+Building+at+Washington+Navy+Yard%3B+at+Least+1+Vict im&start=130 (just noticed they have been removed, but I did screengrab them)
i.imgur.com...
i.imgur.com...

It has Sep 16th as date of the article, but 3 days ago when cached whatever by GS.

I am not very clever, so may be nothing.

In all this confusion, when did the shooting supposedly start, do not know really myself, but found this article, was it up BEFORE the shooting.
i.imgur.com...

i.imgur.com...

Also I would like to update that now 3 of those articles by 3 different news media sources that reported the news before the event took place on monday appear to have changed their date stamp on the article (one of which the article got removed completely), but if you search google for example on the ABC one it still shows you the original date stamp from 3 days ago as of today instead of the updated date stamp within the article itself. Not sure if this coverup of the early beforehand prediction or what, but it's fascinating how many people are picking up on this. I would maybe understand one source having the date stamp on the article submission being off to a 'technical glitch', but it having happened to two other main stream news sources is no coincidence I dont think lol.

I remember thinking yesterday that if they change the date stamp on one more article that it would stand out a lot more suspiciously for me and when I refreshed the ABC link only to find it change the date stamp I knew it!

this i the screenshot that I took of ABC with the 15th as the publish date which is before the incident took place.
i.imgur.com...

Here is the same article but with the system date (which automaticaly gets posted when article gets inputted) manually changed by their web guy.
abcnews.go.com...
edit on 17-9-2013 by paradoxstyle because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2013 by paradoxstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

matafuchs

NavyDoc

matafuchs

Well, the problem is, contractor or not, he still had to undergo the same NCIS investigation process to get his clearance that a military person would. Thus the arrest record would have made him ineligible and it really is a puzzlement that he had his position in the first place.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

He was working for a defense contractor recently that gave him special clearance also. I work with defense contractors and i had to be verified before I was allowed on premise to work in their server rooms for software specific reasons. Almost everyone who works nowadays is at least e-verified which would show his arrests and could have also shown his military record in many cases. That is a red x to most employers if there is anything violent or gun related. HR Software does this for companies automatically in many cases.

There was ample time for the government to flag him as well as the defense contractor(s) he had worked for.

Remember, we had a person who was openly threatening the military also and nothing was done...we all know what happened next at Ft Hood.
edit on 09pm30pmf0000002013-09-17T14:49:13-05:000213 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
HP uses Lexis Nexis for background checks for there company or any affiliates.

www.hp.com...

Instructions for Initiating Background Screening
As stated in your offer letter, you are required to complete a background screen as part of the new hire process. Individuals applying
for employment with Hewlett-Packard (“HP” or “the Company”) or one of its subsidiaries/affiliates should follow instructions below,
when requested, to provide information necessary for the completion of appropriate employment-related background investigations.
The background screening verifies the following*:
a) Current and previous employment history
b) Education
c) Social Security Number
d) Driving record (if applicable)
e) Criminal history
f) Civil judgment history
* If any other verification or screen is required based on your position (e.g., credit, drug screen, etc.), it will also be part of your
background screen.
To initiate your background screening, please follow instructions below:
1. Go to the LexisNexis® (HP’s third-party screening provider) website at:
screen.lexisnexis.com...
(Please note: Minimum browser requirements are IE6, Firefox 3 or Safari 3.5.)
Please be aware that as part of the background screen process, LexisNexis® will contact your present employer to verify employment
(position and length of service).
As was outlined in your offer letter, the Company's offer of employment is contingent upon your successful completion of the
Company's background screen. It is vitally important that you promptly complete the above steps and provide accurate and complete
information on the background screen questionnaire. Falsified information or omissions on the required forms may result in
termination from employment. If any questions arise as a result of this background screen, you will be contacted by a Company
representative. While in certain circumstances you may be allowed to begin work prior to the completion of your background screen,
if you do not successfully pass the background screen, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination from
employment.
If you have any questions about completing the background screen process, please contact LexisNexis® at (800) 403-4750.
We look forward to you joining the Company.
Best Regards,
U.S. Human Resources

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

matafuchs

He was working for a defense contractor recently that gave him special clearance also. I work with defense contractors and i had to be verified before I was allowed on premise to work in their server rooms for software specific reasons. Almost everyone who works nowadays is at least e-verified which would show his arrests and could have also shown his military record in many cases. That is a red x to most employers if there is anything violent or gun related. HR Software does this for companies automatically in many cases.

There was ample time for the government to flag him as well as the defense contractor(s) he had worked for.

Remember, we had a person who was openly threatening the military also and nothing was done...we all know what happened next at Ft Hood.
edit on 09pm30pmf0000002013-09-17T14:49:13-05:000213 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

I am very aware of exactly what he went through to get verified. Not only do I work for the contractor that he was subcontracting for, but I also happen to work on the same contract that he was working on. He had to go through *EXACTLY* the same thing that I had to go through to get my DoD-issued clearance. The only possible difference is that I have the addition of the favorably adjudicated SSBI, whereas he may not have that.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I guess I misunderstood when you said this...and even if there was a gov't check all employers will do a verify with someone is working with sensitive info as a CYA.

The company has no part in the background checks. The checks that he went through are done by the government, same as the ones that I go through every 5 years.

and did it also not mention that he had SSBI ? This is used when you have access to TS or guarded materials, right? So, did you know him since you were on the same project and what exactly were you doing. Could it have been that easy for this to have happened since you have first hand knowledge of the site?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

matafuchs

I guess I misunderstood when you said this...and even if there was a gov't check all employers will do a verify with someone is working with sensitive info as a CYA.

and did it also not mention that he had SSBI ? This is used when you have access to TS or guarded materials, right? So, did you know him since you were on the same project and what exactly were you doing. Could it have been that easy for this to have happened since you have first hand knowledge of the site?

I work with people from WNYD, but I do not work there myself. There are people on this contract spread all over the place. I do not personally know him, and I did not work with him at all. I said that I work for the contractor that he was subcontracting for, and that we work on the same contract, not that we did the same exact work. Beyond that, I dont really discuss exactly what I do.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I was not inquiring what you did specifically as much as I was just wondering if it was the same as this person and you could give some insight instead of playing secret agent man flyswatter. I know people who contract quite a bit at CENTCOM and USSOCOM based on past service/clearances, have for years and most of the work is very mundane. They make a hell of alot more as civilian contractors. Good luck in your endeavors.

For this though, it is another example of how the government can use this for more extensive background checks for everyone and move closer to that national database that they want with Obamacare.

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join