It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter at Washington Navy Yard, Reports of Multiple People Shot

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Okay...I need to get these questions out somewhere in hopes they will be answered.

Aaron Alexis..

(1) What was he doing in Japan, and was he actually in Japan?

Mr Suthamtewakul said: "He got this job and had to go to Japan to do a military business. He missed my wedding but he was very sorry.

"Then, after he came back from Japan, he was telling me he didn't get paid the right amount. He got screwed."

(2) What was the government paying him for?

But he did not believe Alexis had a grudge against the government. Mr Suthamtewakul said he saw mail that indicated Alexis was receiving regular cheques from the government for "some problem with his feet."

This doesn't make sense...he obviously had no disability with his feet, he was employed both at the Thai restaurant at the time and as an IT contractor via GOV. There would be no confusion over his employment status or any disability. What was the gov sending him regular checks for?

(3) How did he obtain a "Secret" security clearance just recently, despite information about prior arrests being easily available on the internet. Those screenings are not slight...

What we do know is that he had an aptitude to pick-up new languages, was comfortable with guns, had strong IT and electronics skills, and was working in a building beside one of the towers that came down on 9-11 and felt very strongly about the 9-11 attacks. Was getting regular checks from the government.."something for his feet?" despite not working for the government at that time, but rather a contractor? He spent 6 months in Japan? but no details on that assignment, nor confirmation from anyone in Japan as of yet that he was there and what he was doing? Didn't share any information on his trip to Japan...AND he recently received a "Secret" security clearance and had a Concealed Carry permit despite prior arrests, one involving shooting out tires and in his and his fathers words a disposition for "black out" rages.

Well...this is a conspiracy site...He fits the profile for a CIA recruit...languages, intelligence, guns, a bit of cowboy history, military background and an aptitude for computers and electronics.

Receiving regular government checks for some unknown disability with his "feet??" A trip overseas for 6 months "for military work" that no one knows anything about? Getting a "Secret" security clearance and concealed carry permit...despite his history of arrests and admitted "rage" issues?

Is it possible that he was a spook gone wacko?
edit on 17-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
A rifle...a rifle when shot may miss someone in a hallway but not a shotgun..

"We saw a man down the hall with a rifle, and he aimed at us," witness Terrie Durham. "He shot and missed and we were all yelling for people to get out of the building."

Read more: www.wjla.com...
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

and as far as clearance, he pulled a gun and shot out tires of someone he had an argument with. I would think that would be a big RED X....

edit on 09am30amfu2013-09-17T10:27:30-05:001030 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Problems with his feet and knees could add up to 20% disability. Add the obvious mental issues and it is not hard to see him having a 30% disability rating from the VA. Many civilians do not see a difference between the two (VA and military) when it comes to a retirement check. A 30% disability is the minimum that will provide a monthly paycheck as far as I know, as well as the continued VA medical treatment.

The problem here is the focus on 9/11 and his entry into service in 2007. His condition would have to have been considered "pre-service" related. Meaning he shouldn't have been paid for it. However, many times it is easier to just claim that something during service "exacerbated" the condition. It allows the service member to be paid and creates less paperwork for the doctors.

The White House WILL use this as ammunition against actual combat vets though. Watch and see. This guy was a naval reservist who never deployed, but he will become the poster boy to disarm returning war vets.

+edit - how long was he working with a clearance? I only ask because an interim clearance requires a local file check and could be misconstrued in the media. With his history in the press it seems like he hasn't been employed long and a clearance takes a while to complete. He could be in the process of get a secret clearance but have an interim (which the media simply reports as a secret clearance). Food for thought.
edit on 17-9-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Thanks for that info.

Just saw this as well?

U.S. law enforcement officials told the Associated Press that Alexis, who died in a shootout with law enforcement officers, had paranoia and a sleep disorder and was "hearing voices" in his head.

The wire service, quoting unidentified sources, said Alexis had been treated since August by the U.S. Veterans Affairs for serious mental illness, including "hearing voices." The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the criminal investigation was continuing.

Family members also told investigators that Alexis, 34, was being treated for his mental issues.

www.usatoday.com...

I want to know...What medication he was prescribed just prior to this!...And I still want to know how he passed a "Secret" level security clearance screening!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by antonioparis

Well I am sorry to hear that your friends and co workers were so affected by this event. It will be one for the history books for sure, an emotional mental albatross for all of you directly affected. Keep your feet on the ground, your spine straight and good deep breaths in your lungs, this too shall pass. Let me know if I can help in any way, I am only a U2U away my friend.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Based on personal experience I would say Zoloft, Trazadone, and Seroquel. By the hand full.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Indigo5
reply to post by 200Plus

Thanks for that info.

Just saw this as well?

U.S. law enforcement officials told the Associated Press that Alexis, who died in a shootout with law enforcement officers, had paranoia and a sleep disorder and was "hearing voices" in his head.

The wire service, quoting unidentified sources, said Alexis had been treated since August by the U.S. Veterans Affairs for serious mental illness, including "hearing voices." The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the criminal investigation was continuing.

Family members also told investigators that Alexis, 34, was being treated for his mental issues.

www.usatoday.com...

I want to know...What medication he was prescribed just prior to this!...And I still want to know how he passed a "Secret" level security clearance screening!

The check for a Secret clearance really isnt all that rigorous. Financials, school history, residence history, local/state/federal criminal, etc. There are questions on the forms that ask about being treated for mental illness, but if that is lied about, I am not sure how they would know any different.

The background checks dont get REALLY in depth until you are at a point where they are doing an SSBI on you. They spoke with my neighbors, friends, family, and a couple of former teachers when they did mine. And I have to re-do that every 5 years

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Pinkorchid
reply to post by Foxy1

The reason I believe that people jump on this sort of thread is a. they can't believe its happened b. they wish to know if it has been staged c. they wish to find a way to prevent it ever happening again.

a) don't be silly

b) sometimes it is sometimes it isn't

c) impossible - but we could get the closest by abolishing all gun control laws and making it very easy for people to both open and conceal carry.

And to pre-empt ridiculous claims that this would *increase* violence, how about a study, ordered to be undertaken by Obama himself, that says otherwise:

freedomoutpost.com...

Also, Vermont, which has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country also has the lowest incidence of violent crime (gun related or otherwise).

If we don't face this sort of horrendous act front on and stop it , but rather put it into the it's to messy to look at box , then we allow those that perpetrate it to get away with murder.

The best way to prevent a murderer (or child molestor) from ever committing such heinous acts again is to kill them.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Where was this guy born? Does anybody know? I have heard he was raised in New York, but nobody has given his actual birth place. To me, he has a foreign look about him. I can't really pinpoint exactly why, he just does.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

DancedWithWolves

Images from Tim Hogan via twitter posted on ABC affiliate WJLA
Source

Image from WUSA live feed...reports of three people transported to George Washington University Hospital.

Link to video

Link to CNN live feed

WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- Police say four people and one officer have been shot at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday morning. Police are looking for the shooter.

The U.S. Navy also tweeted officials are looking for a gunman and that there were at least three shots fired inside the Naval Sea Systems Command headquarters. The Navy says approximately 3,000 people work there.

A police official says they received the report at 8:26 a.m. Monday.

Social media reporting a shooter spotted in a fourth floor window, according to WUSA.

Suspect description: Adult black male, medium complexion, bald, approx. 6' tall. Source says gunman had three weapons, a hand gun, a double barrel shot gun and an AR-15. Lone gunman has barricaded himself in a room according to the Washington Post.

One victim possibly evacuated by helicopter in a basket from the roof.

Possibly related: Flights at Reagan National being held on the ground.

edit on 16-9-2013 by DancedWithWolves because: Updated photos and information
Is it POSSIBLE that these "events", of late, are Hollywood gone live, psyops type of deal? Why does everything seem staged? I haven't watched tv, and haven't read any of the news, regarding this event; but as i look at these pictures, it just doesn't seem right. It's seems like the same M.O., we've seen, regarding guns and shootings.

I also wonder if people understand that Hollywood and the Military Industrial Complex work hand-in-hand? There's also rumors that MANY actors in Hollywood are actually spies. Same thing is said about those in the music industry.

I have a hard time believing anything, being advertised, via television.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You see, in the PPACA, there is a provision that is little known but used. The HHS or Health and Human Services can visit and enter ANY home that meets the following high risk criteria...

Families where mom is not yet 21.
Families where someone is a tobacco user.
Families who home school.
Families where children have low student achievement, developmental delays, or disabilities.
Families with individuals who are serving or formerly served in the armed forces, including such families that have members of the armed forces who have had multiple deployments outside the United States.

Families who served or are currently serving? Why? What is at risk about that. Unless, there is a fear created in the US that servicemen all have PTSD. They should not have weapons as they are a risk.

Also, Part of the program will require massive data collecting of private information including all sources of income and the amount gathered from each source.

A constitutional attorney reviewed this and states...

"This is not a "voluntary" program. The eligible entity receiving the grant for performing the home visits is to identify the individuals to be visited and intervene so as to meet the improvement benchmarks. A homeschooling family, for instance, may be subject to "intervention" in "school readiness" and "social-emotional developmental indicators." A farm family may be subject to "intervention" in order to "prevent child injuries." The sky is the limit. Although the Obama administration would claim the provision applies only to Medicaid families, the new statute, by its own definition, has no such limitation. Intervention may be with any family for any reason. It may also result in the child or children being required to go to certain schools or taking certain medications and vaccines and even having more limited – or no – interaction with parents. The federal government will now set the standards for raising children and will enforce them by home visits." Read more: freedomoutpost.com...
Read more at freedomoutpost.com...

There has been a bit here and a bit there and it is coming full circle folks.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

queenofswords
Where was this guy born? Does anybody know? I have heard he was raised in New York, but nobody has given his actual birth place. To me, he has a foreign look about him. I can't really pinpoint exactly why, he just does.

OMG!! Did you really say that?

That post has a stupid look about it.
It must be because hes black? Must be foreign.

If you ask me he has quite a similarity to one of the guys that tried to cut off Lee Rigby's head.

Heard on the UK news today that this guy had sought help for voices in his head. Dont know if its propaganda or what, but the anti gun debate was very much on the table here. Like debating gun control here in Britain has ANY relevance or point whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

WonderBoi
There's also rumors that MANY actors in Hollywood are actually spies. Same thing is said about those in the music industry.

So, is Tom Cruise really Jack Reacher or Ethan Hunt?

I have a hard time believing anything, being advertised, via television.

I'm more concerned about why you seem to think you should be trying to...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Indigo5
Okay...I need to get these questions out somewhere in hopes they will be answered.

Aaron Alexis..

Mr Suthamtewakul said: "He got this job and had to go to Japan to do a military business. He missed my wedding but he was very sorry.

"Then, after he came back from Japan, he was telling me he didn't get paid the right amount. He got screwed."

But he did not believe Alexis had a grudge against the government. Mr Suthamtewakul said he saw mail that indicated Alexis was receiving regular cheques from the government for "some problem with his feet."

This doesn't make sense...he obviously had no disability with his feet, he was employed both at the Thai restaurant at the time and as an IT contractor via GOV. There would be no confusion over his employment status or any disability. What was the gov sending him regular checks for?

(3) How did he obtain a "Secret" security clearance just recently, despite information about prior arrests being easily available on the internet. Those screenings are not slight...

What we do know is that he had an aptitude to pick-up new languages, was comfortable with guns, had strong IT and electronics skills, and was working in a building beside one of the towers that came down on 9-11 and felt very strongly about the 9-11 attacks. Was getting regular checks from the government.."something for his feet?" despite not working for the government at that time, but rather a contractor? He spent 6 months in Japan? but no details on that assignment, nor confirmation from anyone in Japan as of yet that he was there and what he was doing? Didn't share any information on his trip to Japan...AND he recently received a "Secret" security clearance and had a Concealed Carry permit despite prior arrests, one involving shooting out tires and in his and his fathers words a disposition for "black out" rages.

Well...this is a conspiracy site...He fits the profile for a CIA recruit...languages, intelligence, guns, a bit of cowboy history, military background and an aptitude for computers and electronics.

Receiving regular government checks for some unknown disability with his "feet??" A trip overseas for 6 months "for military work" that no one knows anything about? Getting a "Secret" security clearance and concealed carry permit...despite his history of arrests and admitted "rage" issues?

I really think we got off on the wrong foot yesterday. Some great points you have raised, Im leaning much more towards this being a "false flag" than I was yesterday. There are so many questions, and I really like the questions you have posed. He fits the bill for CIA recruitment, perfectly.
His being granted a concealed carry permit after past actions is HIGHLY suspect.
We need a one eyebrow raised smiley. Id use it right now.

And to those that wonder why people keep rushing to call all these events "staged" or "false flags", it is because they are. Its rarer that its not, than it is.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Gordon Duff on RT, on the video headline bar says "two shooters down", doesn't jibe with the story's changes. It has been rather convoluted, so much so that it's really difficult to know what happened. If one has control of the evidence and the media, there's no way of telling for sure what the truth may be. I thought maybe there was some type of intelligence gathering mission going on when they stated there were supposedly 3 shooters. One martyrs himself while another escapes wit what they came to get, anyway....Sorry if this RT video was mentioned earlier, it's a really long thread and I stuck with it till about page 33 and realized nearly my whole day was gone.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

The sensitivity of the target has to be considered, if he was angry at the navy there are way more spectacular things he could have done.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

flyswatter
reply to post by matafuchs

The only reason that a second person was still being sought was due to an eyewitness saying they think they saw the guy with a gun around the time of the shooting. There's nothing else indicating that another person was shooting at people.

You keep speaking about things with such surety that the rest of us are unsure about and speculating about, because ultimately at the minute, nobody really knows whats going on.....Except you.
Care to inform me as to how you have such indisputable evidence as to make statements of fact, while the rest of us speculate?

At one point a shooter was shooting at people from an overhang like fish in a barrel.
Another or the same shooter deliberately aims high and misses a large group of people.
Now to me that would suggest more than one shooter, but like I said, all we can do is speculate.
And also it was stated that the suspicion of 3 shooters was down to video footage, not an assumption based on eye witness accounts.
It will be interesting to see if these videos ever see the light of day. Just like the Oklahoma bombing videos or the pentagon videos.

edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmTue, 17 Sep 2013 12:05:03 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Indigo5

Aaron Alexis..

There's a U.S. Naval base in Yokosuka, Japan. Lots of contractors are sent there so it would make sense if that's why he was there.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

matafuchs
A rifle...a rifle when shot may miss someone in a hallway but not a shotgun..

"We saw a man down the hall with a rifle, and he aimed at us," witness Terrie Durham. "He shot and missed and we were all yelling for people to get out of the building."

Read more: www.wjla.com...
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

and as far as clearance, he pulled a gun and shot out tires of someone he had an argument with. I would think that would be a big RED X....

edit on 09am30amfu2013-09-17T10:27:30-05:001030 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

Shot does not spread out like in the movies. If he was a few yards away, the shot spread would only be a few inches and he could very easily miss with a shotgun.

I agree, how the heck did he have a clearance with his arrest record? He would never have passed the background check which is very intensive.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

MyHappyDogShiner
Gordon Duff on RT, on the video headline bar says "two shooters down", doesn't jibe with the story's changes. It has been rather convoluted, so much so that it's really difficult to know what happened. If one has control of the evidence and the media, there's no way of telling for sure what the truth may be. I thought maybe there was some type of intelligence gathering mission going on when they stated there were supposedly 3 shooters. One martyrs himself while another escapes wit what they came to get, anyway....Sorry if this RT video was mentioned earlier, it's a really long thread and I stuck with it till about page 33 and realized nearly my whole day was gone.

I have a rule, watch a report for the first time, pay close attention. Watch it a second time, note what's missing, watch a third time, point out all the cover ups.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join