It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Timely

racism is NOT a thing of the past! hatred will ALWAYS show it's ugly head.some people will say-"heah this isn't the 60's anymore",(like what does time or the era,have to do with it?) racism is not a "fad",..it is a pure unadulterated HATED for anybody--but their own race..it is an individual problem.,involving thousands of people.as long as "parents" continue to bring their children up to hate other races,it will ALWAYS be alive & "UNWELL".i'm "partly" talking about seeing these tiny babies dressed in a kkk outfits-as soon as they are born.,in one instance...ALL races-are human beings,& should have had equal opportunities,& should have NEVER been categorized,in the first place!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I propose we put a stop to putting physical attributes on a pedestal to be worshipped

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

its called beauty pageants but i do not think its about the hottest persons, its about the person's resume, its a job interview.

I seen hot ones that don't win...but okay ones with good character, ambition and education does.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You know, racism has never been snuffed out. It just isn't extreme any more. People will see this as sad and horrible. But God forbid a black guy asks a white guy to stop saying the N word. "Why do you let it bother you? It's a new age. You're being ridiculous. If you say it we can say it." I don't condone black people saying the N word, it's stupid. But hey, just like there's variations to 'ass' or 'b**ch' there's variations to the N word. It's still a million times worse if a white guy uses it. I'm just one man though. :/

Sorry for the rant,
just never understood why people think racism's dead. I've seen a lot of hard working men get got for being hard working men. Including my pops.

This is actually horrible. I don't care if she's half American. Hell, she can be 100% Indian. If she just so happens to be the better candidate for the crown than the other's, it just means the other ladies have something to work on. If she lives in America, I'm pretty sure she pays taxes like everyone else. She's a citizen of the US. No matter where you go, there'll still be those a-holes that talk down about you.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Arashikage

You know, racism has never been snuffed out. It just isn't extreme any more. People will see this as sad and horrible. But God forbid a black guy asks a white guy to stop saying the N word. "Why do you let it bother you? It's a new age. You're being ridiculous. If you say it we can say it." I don't condone black people saying the N word, it's stupid. But hey, just like there's variations to 'ass' or 'b**ch' there's variations to the N word. It's still a million times worse if a white guy uses it. I'm just one man though. :/

THe racism inherent in that paragraph is almost baffling in its ignorance.

So not only are you wanting to differentiate between black and white here, but you want to also give special privilege based on skin color? A person of one race can say something and it is kinda bad. But another, from another race, says it and it is worse? By virtue of their race?

Jesus Christ.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

FlyersFan
95% of black America votes liberal ... so here's some SCIENCE numbers for you ...

New York Times

AFRICAN AMERICANS currently score lower than European Americans on vocabulary, reading, and mathematics tests, as well as on tests that claim to measure scholastic aptitude and intelligence. This gap appears before children enter kindergarten (figure 1-1), and it persists into adulthood. It has narrowed since 1970, but the typical American black still scores below 75 percent of American whites on most standardized tests. On some tests the typical American black scores below more than 85 percent of whites?

Medical Net Race Differences in Average IQ Scores are Largely Genetic
Asians are smarter than anyone else. Then white people. Then light skinned black people. Blacks come in last for intelligence. And it's genetic.

1- Did you really just come out with that completely racist drivel in the "racist tweets" thread? How painfully ironic. And thank you for giving us another data point establishing a connection between conservatism and racism.

2- Your argument is completely fallacious. First of all, it assumes that all black voters are liberal. And you have no basis for this assumption. There are certainly black conservatives out there.

Second of all, by picking on minorities, you are focusing in on one (potential, partial) segment of "liberal" voters. A segment which, furthermore, has higher numbers in inner cities where poverty rates are higher. And there are clear statistical correlations between lower income and intelligence / education level. So try as you might, this data does not indicate what you want it to.

And your attempts at doing so, aside from lacking any class and being highly racist, were not all that clever...

....which I guess, some might argue is just another data point in favor of his position.

And like he was, I'm not saying all conservatives are stupid. There are some very intelligent ones out there, I'm sure. But there is also a trend, as he said. I mean, we are talking about a group of people that contains many members who think evolution is a fairy tale and that creationism should be taught in public schools, instead.

Highly intelligent stuff, of course.

edit on 16-9-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

I have found many Indian women to be breath taking.Their eyes so animated and large.
That's what I always looked at first you see,not their bodies, their EYES.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'd rather be indian than "White". Besides there is not a white woman in the world who could be prettier than a tan brunette. Keep hating because that's all you can do.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

purplemer

There is statical evidence that both racists and conservatives have a lower IQ on average. Both a disability to see the bigger picture. Society will always have its stupid elements.

That is ludicrous. I'm a very intelligent conservative. Although I have to admit--I did not renew my membership to Mensa because of the large amount of liberal drivel that was constantly published in the magazine. So I will grant you that perhaps liberals are more idealistically pretentious. I could live with that generalization.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

beezzer
She's hot!

I watched the pageant last night. She's gorgeous, and her talent act (dancing in the Baliwood style) was great. Plus, she answered her question about plastic surgery without sounding like a fool. Overall, she was a great choice...although I WAS rooting for Miss Georgia!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This goes to show you that racism is alive, well, and kicking in this country.

Plenty of people say we have come far, but we have only come far on the surface legally.

It's sad, but even this site has it's share of racists, too. People who might talk and laugh with you, will go home on their computer and unleash their inner racist.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Seconded!

There was this Indian girl in my school whose eyes were a combo of green, blue, and goldish color.

She didn't give my ass the time of day, but it was still a pleasure

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The only TRUE Americans are the NATIVE AMERICANS. So, anyone who is tweeting needs to stop. Their arguments are invalid. If she was born in the United States she is American. Here is a good one, my daughter was born in Germany..but guess what?? SHE IS AMERICAN.

Bless this girl's heart.

Our country is a sad, sad place. It is the melting pot for Gawd's sake. What is wrong with people???

This whole thing makes me angry.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think she is beautiful, good for her on her win.

I could see a problem with her win if she was not born here but she was. I spend very little time actually caring about pageants. However I think it is great that someone besides the typical big haired brunette or blonde blue eyed lady won. America is home to women of all different cultures and ethnicities and it is good to see that the judges have figured that out.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Biigs
We have a similar thing in the UK.

Theres:
British born in Britain, white going back generations.
British, born in Britain, all races.
Not British, migrated to Britain, all races.

We have all pretty much settled down with the "what makes a British person British" thing and are quite comfortable with any race as long as they are born and raised in the UK being referred to as British. This is the world we live in, we have planes and trains and travel and migration etc 'deal with it'.

There is still a small contingent that refuse for any person to be considered British that is not white, regardless of place of birth or place raised. These are the few racists we have. And i suspect that you simply have a higher number of this type who care, for the sake of caring because no one else does - some people just like being the minority opinion.

What no racism in Britain are you kidding me? I watched an anti Muslim rally there about a year ago on a trip.Any one middle eastern is treated like crap. So just come down off your soap box unbunch your knickers and realize every country in the world deals with racism its human nature.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Did you actually read the post you quoted there? I think you didn't.

The person you quote clearly states that the UK still has a problem. At no point do they state the UK has no racism.

edit on 16/9/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

When oh when will the dumbing down of America become a smartening up..?

I'm so glad I'm not an American citizen how embarrassing.

What's sad too in the midst of the unchecked ignorance is that poor Americans when they travel abroad are hesitant to say they are American and when they do it's as if they are apologetic and ashamed of their nationality, which has a strange irony to it but in a sad sort of way.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 16-9-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Evanzsayz
I'd rather be indian than "White". Besides there is not a white woman in the world who could be prettier than a tan brunette. Keep hating because that's all you can do.

And keep posting ignorant statements because that's all you can do. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder what looks pretty to you may look like a skank to someone else.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Honey Boo-boo
she makes more money.
That should settle the score eh?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Indians - at least those in Northwest section of the country (Punjabi) are of indo European origin and thus
considered 'Caucasians".......

Other (Tamils) are on Austro-Asian origin, the same racial grouping as Australian natives

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join