It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by flyandi

No it is not degrading. The truth has no agenda. It is as you choose to use it..

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Going by the replies you're getting, its pretty clear that you hit a nerve with this post!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

jjkenobi
Twitter will be the downfall of civilization as we know it. Seriously.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Well, hope does spring eternal.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
On the one hand, I am a conservative but laud the winner because she is beautiful and probably deserved to win (I didn't watch the show)

But on the other hand, as a conservative, I eat crayons so I can make rainbow potty.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

beezzer
On the one hand, I am a conservative but laud the winner because she is beautiful and probably deserved to win (I didn't watch the show)

But on the other hand, as a conservative, I eat crayons so I can make rainbow potty.

So what you are saying is, if on the other hand you have rainbow smudges, not to shake your hand?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

As a libertarian, I defend your right to do both but feel compelled to make you aware that there are crayons imported from a large Asian country (rhymes with 'angina') containing lethal amounts of lead.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

HomerinNC

purplemer
reply to post by neformore

There is statical evidence that both racists and conservatives have a lower IQ on average. Both a disability to see the bigger picture. Society will always have its stupid elements.

And you showed your ignorance and stupidity with your remark. I'm conservative, and have a average or above average intelligence. My interests and fields of study range from astronomy to zoology, and can hold an intelligent conversation.
I'm surprised at you Purple with that remark. I've read a lot of your replies to various threads and they've never had any ignorance, except this last one.

He's referencing objective facts. You don't have to like them but, when it comes down to it, they are facts. I'm not sure why he's being called out as if he's throwing about unfounded opinion, lol.

There are mountains of studies which prove beyond all doubt that conservatives have a lower average IQ. It's shocking that someone claiming to study everything from astronomy to zoology is unable to grasp the concept of averages.

Conservatives are, on AVERAGE, less intelligent.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

GrandStrategy

He's referencing objective facts. You don't have to like them but, when it comes down to it, they are facts. I'm not sure why he's being called out as if he's throwing about unfounded opinion, lol.

There are mountains of studies which prove beyond all doubt that conservatives have a lower average IQ. It's shocking that someone claiming to study everything from astronomy to zoology is unable to grasp the concept of averages.

Conservatives are, on AVERAGE, less intelligent.

en.wikipedia.org...

Your link is about statistics, how is that any sort of proof to your and purple's claim? You've offered nothing but a fallacious argument.

link   
Oops, double post.
edit on 16-9-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

link   
I tend to find that there are people who are dumb as a box of rocks, bigoted/racist from all sides of the political spectrum.

So, lets get away from the left/right bickering and address actual issues - how do we make things better?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Educate to reduce Xenophobia.

The problem is when people try to live in areas that are strictly one type of people, thats why you see racism prevalent in closed off communities than big cities.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mikell

ha that happened to us in a way. there was this girl and her sister that won the reality tv show chopping block, in her bio it said she was from LA. When in fact her entire schooling career was in a small mountain town, she completely sold us out.

but either way this thread is nonsense I beg again everyone walk away there are bigger fish to fry
edit on 16-9-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Actually, it is not always the person's fault.

There are PR people that tell them what to say to make them look more interesting.

Sad but true.

"oh you have degree in political science? Ok, just say you have degree in Science"

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I get that and if I ever did see her again, which i Probably wont. I just give her a light jab for being ashamed of her past, we will have a laugh, and it will be done with.

But please help me derail this thread as it has no importance at all and it is already being derailed due to ignorance and shortsighted information

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
and why does this issue have 23 flags. Ive seen threads about gmos/floride/chemtrails/scientific breakthroughs get less

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Whether it make sense or not..

Race issue will always be at the top over anything else.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think she's GORGEOUS!
No problem with me. The racism is atrocious - NOT ALL AMERICANS ARE WHITE.

Jeez, the ignorance of people is mind-boggling. Personally, I think people with the Mediterranean or Latin complexion are absolutely beautiful. Their babies, especially are GORGEOUS, as are many "mixed" children (born of a white person and black person)...

MOST white babies...erm, sorry - not nearly as cute!
My opinion, as a white woman who is NOT racist.

edit on 9/16/13 by wildtimes because: Is "Mulatto" a prohibited/un-PC term nowadays? No intention to offend.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Oh Man, When are we going to grow up in this country? The Haters always seem to come out of the woodwork nowadays just too easily! Let's face it folks Hate is just Hate, weather it be Racism, Sexism, Homophobia, Religious Intolerance or whatever. I think we have to Live and Let Live and under any circumstances DO NOT FEED THE HATERS!

Namaste
arjunanda

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

It will always be an issue to metaphorical sheep. Were I am from The white sheep and the black sheep got there wool sheared just same, and you didnt see nearly as much pointless bickering amongst the actual sheep. WAKE UP GUYS YOU ARE BEING PLAYED!!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

DocHolidaze
and why does this issue have 23 flags. Ive seen threads about gmos/floride/chemtrails/scientific breakthroughs get less

I think (IMHO) it's because at this time, with all that's going on in the world, ANY thread on race is doomed to end in a "train wreck". It has "moth to a flame" properties for better & worse....like this meme we can't can't remove from the collective subconscious...(Rrrgh, I know I spelled that wrong somehow!)...people are drawn to it.
(But I haven't slept in a while and I'm probably starting to talk crazy)

-Peace-
edit on 16-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Punctuation

edit on 16-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: More Punctuation

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join