It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Not to sound snarky or adversarial but if you are done pontificating, could we get back to the thread before you derail it with your ego?
Thank you.

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Come on guys if this was said on the internet they're just trolls. On the internet they are anywhere and everywhere. They'll say anything just to try to get people inflamed.
While I'm not saying to completely ignore them, but just don't get yourself so angry and take it extremely seriously.
You can find these trolls on any news story, video, blog, etc. If someone posts a video to youtube and receives a bit of attention, then the trolls will come and try to cause as much controversy as possible.
they'll probably tell that person to go kill themselves or something along those lines....

Please don't feed the trolls.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

www.dailymail.co.uk...

America is not even close in being the most racist country. In fact, it's closer to the bottom of the list than the top.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

When I started reading this article, I thought they were speaking of a Native American winning and I was thinking...Yipee and yes, now wouldn't that be interesting.

Also, if we could have the first Native American as president...now wouldn't that be interesting.

But...they probably would not want that job and I can't blame them.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nostrenominon

That was discussed in the ATS before, the poll taker didn't know difference between Caste system and Racism.

In fact those countries actually put foreigners above their own in some cases.

India hates itself more than foreigners lol, this is result of 100 different languages and various complexion of skin from white to black.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

I think me like Canadians if they are like you.

Yep, Native is Native and we don't say go back home.

P.S. If you ever come my way, come on by and we smokem peace pipe

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
American means you were BORN in America. Mexican means you were born in Mexico. Nothing more, nothing less. If you didn't want people of color, living in "America", your ancestors shouldn't have dragged them over there; to do the work they were too lazy to do.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Look bud not that I have any reason to justify myself to you. It is infact dyspraxia I have not dyslexia. I say that to peeps because lots of peeps do not know what it is.
The only person on a moral high ground here is you. I simply stated some facts. You can do with them what you wish. For all you know I could be racist conservative.
Where exactly have I made any kind of statement regarding righteousness and intelligence. The two in my books are separate things..

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

neformore
What can be done to bring these people into line? When does "free speech" = freedom to offend, or be ignornat and hateful?

Not much can be done. Reality is, people like this are an inevitable part that every widely known celebrity has to deal with. After all, as you said freedom of speech does equal freedom to offend, be ingorant or hateful. In fact, I would be very surprised if no racist posts were made, so the outcome was predictable.
edit on 17/9/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Freedom of speech does equal freedom to be hateful and offend. If not then it isn't very free now is it?

I am gay and I have religious people that constantly tell me that I am an abomination and deserve death. However, I had much rather them have the freedom to do that then have a state that has moral police that control anything they deem unfitting to their agenda.

Topics like these always makes me wonder just who is behind the computer creating them.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
A few anonymous tweets on internet is proof of nothing. There is no way to be sure those tweets came from racist Americans. They could be hired hands, posting crap like that to stir up controversy and bring web traffic. A small twist on viral marketing.

I really don't believe there are that many Americans who would be so rude and ignorant that they would be "flooded" with such tweets. Sure, there are some but something smacks of this not really being as authentic as one might imagine at first glance.

Web propaganda: the government does it, corporations do it too. In this day and age there is no way to know who is really behind anything posted on the web.

This is more useless sideshow drama to keep the masses from noticing far more important things going on.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The truth is, she's not that attractive so, I don't know why she won other than to appease those that cry about racial diversity. That woman is not desirable in the least. She's about a 4/10.....and she's supposed to be Miss America? Fail.
edit on 17-9-2013 by LogicalRazor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Born out of the "war on terror", hateful rhetroic from right wing politicians, blog posters and organised racist groups together with an apparent general ignorance of the world at large misconceptions about peoples origions have been allowed to fester and multiply and this kind of thing is the result.

OP, please go. The whole thing was organized by 4chan's /pol/ messageboard, as usual. Name any right-wing politicians that are fanning the flames of racism. Listing off Michael Savage because he said "when are black people going to get over racism" doesn't count because they do need to stop identifying with the worst thing to have happened to their people while growing up.

edit: I would bet that of the thousands whom posted racist tweets, maybe two pairs actually know each other in real life.
edit on 17-9-2013 by MisterMandlebrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

beezzer
She's hot!

On a slightly different note, I got to say,
competition in these pageants is getting tough!
They all look like Victoria Secret models now.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The Joke, once more (slight edit)

I'm an American, and I'm not racist and neither are any of my friends or my extended family. To prove it, I can tell you honestly that the best man at my own wedding was black and if anyone present so much as whispered the N word, everyone else would have had his back, and he was the only black guy there.

His name was Leroy and we even offered fried chicken on the buffet and no one said anything or gave him so much as a second glance when he helped himself to seconds.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

OrphanApology

Freedom of speech does equal freedom to be hateful and offend.

I hate to be the one to break it to you but that's EXACTLY what freedom of speech means.
It means ALL speech is protected...even the stuff you don't want to hear.
You know who else believed in political correctness? The Nazi's.
Freedom of speech is not open to interpretation...it does not serve an agenda.
You may not like it and you may not even want to hear it but that's beside the point.
Freedom of speech protects everyone & everything or it protects no one & nothing.
A wonderful example is I tell a muslim that I think it's barbaric to make a woman wear a hijab in 110 degree heat but he claims what I have said is offensive and an affront to god.
Should I be forbidden from saying it? Do I deserve to be punished for it?
I am not crazy about his comments either but he has a right to voice them just as we have a right to ignore them.
It's a slippery slope when you start to censor what you deem to be inapproprite and that's why freedom of speech is black & white and not some mythical grey area...but that's just me and what do I know.

-Peace-
edit on 17-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Edit

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension. I would recommend reading the sentence you quoted again.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

OrphanApology

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension. I would recommend reading the sentence you quoted again.

"Hateful & Offensive" is subjective at best.
And I suggest you brush up on the Constitution before attempting to school others...but for the record, I am not trying to protect the speech of the bigot minded. I am protecting my own.

-Peace be with you-

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Conservatism 101

Mention of racism : try to hide under rug, attempt to minimize issue by saying the are more important issues out there, blame liberal media outlets for pointing it out ,attempt to make victim look bad, bring up if this had been a white person, or the best one...how come I can`t say the N word yet blacks can say it...doesn`t matter what race is being discussed there is always that conservative who brings it up.

Have these all being utilized by the conservatives yet...haven`t read all the thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Everything I just said flew right over your noggin'. You read what I wrote incorrectly, please re-read it again. For future reference you need to read posts thoroughly before commenting.

I wrote "freedom of speech DOES mean"...notice how there's no "NOT" after "DOES"?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join