It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Just Lit Up Again With a New Swarm- happening now

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

I prefer this view of it, and yes there is a bit of activity but I doubt it is shaking.

YMR.WY.01.HHZ.2013.260

edit on 17/9/2013 by PuterMan because: Having a bad tag day

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
He-he you guys crack me up

I'm glad you created the thread TA...
I didn't realize that there was a thread for minor events at YS though, that is good to know.
Threads such as this one give those of us who aren't very knowledgable about the subject yet still extremely interested, a chance to ask questions without disturbing the intellectual processes that are ongoing in the more mainstream forums. It also alleviates the necessity of the major players having to respond to our childlike queries, which at times are met with a small dose of intellectual sarcasm.
IE: I post a picture of something that I don't understand in the ocean and ask what I'm seeing, I get as a response "That, my good man... Is water..."

With that being said - I hope that the swarm is over and the thread rides off into the sunset. I'll definitely be paying a bit more attention to YS than normal for the next week or so though...
Regards

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
YMR is very sensitive Always look for stations further away for conformation of an EQ....:-)

glitge on approx same time
edit on 18-9-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
So.... about 100 miles South we have this just in ... www.emsc-csem.org...

Magnitude mb 4.9
Region WYOMING
Date time 2013-09-21 13:16:30.0 UTC
Location 43.01 N ; 109.08 W
Depth 5 km
Distances 2661 km W of Ottawa, Canada / pop: 812,129 / local time: 09:16:30.0 2013-09-21
341 km NE of Salt Lake City, United States / pop: 186,440 / local time: 07:16:30.0 2013-09-21
34 km NW of Lander, United States / pop: 7,487 / local time: 07:16:30.0 2013-09-21
16 km W of Fort Washakie, United States / pop: 1,759 / local time: 07:16:30.0 2013-09-21

Check out the I felt it reports...
edit on 21-9-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

its all connected... the plates.. hot spots ect... this 4.9 is a start to something much bigger about to hit someplace... whether its Yellowstone or elsewhere... something is about to happen. and soon

also if you take a look at the seismos you can see a variable rumble type signature showing up on most of the graphs at Yellowstone prior to the 4.9
... i believe we have something major goin on underground... thumbnails
edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

www.isthisthingon.org...

That`s something I never wanted to see.... let`s hope that`s all it does!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

Yeah, It doesn't "look" good at all.

Hopefully we don't see anything as big or bigger to the North, closer to Ole Yella!

I also agree with the poster above... something BIG may just come our way this weekend. Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

nothing to worry...200km from the park...

4.9 16km W of Fort Washakie, Wyoming2013-09-21 15:16:30 UTC+02:00

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

That's like saying "Don't worry about that big bear a mile down the road, he can't smell that steak cooking". lol

For me, that quake was too close, but maybe I am just paranoid.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

ressiv
reply to post by MamaJ

nothing to worry...200km from the park...

4.9 16km W of Fort Washakie, Wyoming2013-09-21 15:16:30 UTC+02:00

Yeah but look at the thumbnail. Far away or not it lit up every seismograph at yellowstone.

www.isthisthingon.org...

Edit: already posted above I see but will leave it anyway. Definitely either released a good deal of pressure or is something more. Who knows.
edit on 21-9-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Yeah, I looked at that link first given by Dragonlover12. That big monster had to have awoken, even if just a tiny bit.??

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The depth of that 4.9 was changed from 5 km to 73.5 km- a pretty big difference. But a difference that would indicate it is most likely tectonic, and has nothing to do with Yellowstone- I hope. Cause otherwise, could be that something deep down from the hotspot mantle plume broke, sending unending waves of deadly magma seething upwards into demonic doom for us here on the earth.

Ahh, nope. Probably not. Oh, the drama. The hotspot was imaged to be descending into the northwest under the park- not to the southeast. That's assuming they are correct on that- and there is not some unknown mantle plume even deeper feeding the main magma chamber from the southeast. Who knows, maybe a new, third resurgent magma dome will pop up in Menlo Park, CA, right under the USGS main control center.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yeah, TA, I saw that change over at USGS but the change of depth hasn't taken place over at EMSC. www.emsc-csem.org...

One I felt it report was 158km away (South) in Rock Springs. www.emsc-csem.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
We in Italy have received news from mass media that Bob Smith, a Yellowstone veteran expert has said he has never seen something like this...? Is it true?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

thank you for this info..big tme...lets think about this...does anyone remember the movie 2012????? didnt the west yellowstone have the earthquakes??? let me know if i got the correct or not....could be very important...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Zagari
We in Italy have received news from mass media that Bob Smith, a Yellowstone veteran expert has said he has never seen something like this...? Is it true?

www.sltrib.com...

Jackson, Wyo. • Until recently, Bob Smith had never witnessed two simultaneous earthquake swarms in his 53 years of monitoring seismic activity in and around the Yellowstone Caldera.

Now, Smith, a University of Utah geophysics professor, has seen three swarms at once.

ETA: that's a little disconcerting........
edit on 23-9-2013 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

another edit to add.... be sure to read the whole article and if it was already posted i apologize. i haven't finished reading the whole thread yet since it's quite a few pages long now.
edit on 23-9-2013 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Thank you for bringing this to light.

Jackson, Wyo. • Until recently, Bob Smith had never witnessed two simultaneous earthquake swarms in his 53 years of monitoring seismic activity in and around the Yellowstone Caldera.

Now, Smith, a University of Utah geophysics professor, has seen three swarms at once.

There is some eye brow raising with this article! Below is more from Bob but one can read the full article here.
www.sltrib.com...

"It’s very remarkable," Smith said. "How does one swarm relate to another? Can one swarm trigger another and vice versa?"

Because concurrent swarms have never been detected in the past, the answers aren’t in yet, Smith said. The geophysicist said he "wouldn’t doubt" if at least two of the events were related.

Temblors from the three quake swarms mostly hit in three areas: Lewis Lake, the Lower Geyser Basin and the northwest part of Norris Geyser Basin.

The largest earthquake shook the ground near Old Faithful Geyser on Sept. 15.

Here is another link.. www.nbcmontana.com...

University of Utah geophysics professor Bob Smith says they have come across three simultaneous earthquake swarms.

He calls the simultaneous swarms "remarkable."

edit on 23-9-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

definitely read the whole thing!!!!! (i was editing to add that to my post when you posted). it's a little spooky to have someone who has been around so long say it's very unusual. and a little spooky.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Yeah, makes me rethink whether or not this is normal... if Bob says it's not normal, I believe him. lol

He says it is , "remarkable"~~

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

I think the swarms perhaps and only perhaps are kind of..lol..normal..but the size of the quakes are not so good...hey again..does anyone remember in the movie the end of the world 2012 where the tremors started in yellowstone??? was it the west???? important!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join