It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man claims humanoid encounter at his door, Olympia, WA (with pics and vid)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

Well duh, it's a lowres grainy image of a window, or course it's like inkblots.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

StargateSG7

i'm seeing a real object, but to me it suspiciously looks like the
screaming facial expression mask from the jim carrey movie "The Mask"

No, you're looking at the reflection of the jacket. At first I really thought that was what I was supposed to be looking at too. The actual alien head is very close to the window. I didn't see it at first in any photos but when I went to the blog and saw the far-zoomed-out thumbnails of the photos, it's a lot easier to make out the alien's face on the other side of the glass. I've badly outlined the head, eyes, and mouth of the alien in all of the following photos, I really hope it will help some people actually see what we're talking about:

Seriously, you cannot say you don't see it in these pictures. It's a very bad quality yes, but you should at least be able to make out the head shape and the eyes. They're in every picture!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Spader

I've seen PLENTY of doors like this, all over the place. That's a window that runs along the TOP of the door, not the middle.

Looks like you need to brush up on your door architecture a bit more. JS.

BTW, it's called a Craftsman Style door, or a partially paned door, from the Craftsman style homes which originated in Southern California. Magazines at the time made this an extremely popular home style as did the convenience and ease of "pattern" or "kit" homes from the early 1900's through the 1920's.

For me to see someone's face in the window of my door, they'd have to about 7 feet tall.

edit on 13-9-2013 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by crocrock

No offense, as I always like a good case to discuss and in no way a debunker type, but I see something dark in color hanging up inside the house, which is making your "left eye" shape. Could be a jacket, towel, anything really. Honestly, I see more inside the house than out that window...

ETA: Also, the photos are taken from different angles, which will totally distort the reflections in the window. For example, the door is being moved a bit (opened/closed), and then a photo taken.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

This made the two big 'eyes' really pop out.

It seems like its the top half of its face looking through the window and not the torso aswell as some have been saying.

how do i add pics to my posts?

i wanna show you what i see.

cheers

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

This is the filenames of the images as they appear on the link and in this order. Some sites retain the filenames when uploaded. From what I know IMG_ and CAM_ are typical name abbreviations for pics coming either from a phone or camera. So that corresponds to the story that he used his phone to take pictures and in some cases the camera. Some of the filenames could be useful as a description to know what you're seeing.

Besides the face I cannot see much when in the next pic some 'black hole' appears and where is that clown, supposed to be the 8th picture from top to bottom on the link's pictures.

Anyway, I will see if I can find this guy.

Oh and, Look at the shadow cast on the wall just at the end right side of the picture, there is a real head at the door indeed.

edit on 13-9-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Interesting story, but I'm only seeing a reflected blob in the window which doesn't look like anything much.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

lovebeck
reply to post by Spader

I've seen PLENTY of doors like this, all over the place. That's a window that runs along the TOP of the door, not the middle.

Looks like you need to brush up on your door architecture a bit more. JS.

BTW, it's called a Craftsman Style door, or a partially paned door, from the Craftsman style homes which originated in Southern California. Magazines at the time made this an extremely popular home style as did the convenience and ease of "pattern" or "kit" homes from the early 1900's through the 1920's.

For me to see someone's face in the window of my door, they'd have to about 7 feet tall.

From what I can tell I have this exact door in my house. Still has the old style key hole and everything. I am 5' 7" and I can look straight out it.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

I just wanted to tell you that I clearly see it. I see the guy in a reflection (bald), and the unidentified visitor to the left (up close to window). How is he looking like he is and also taking the picture though? Unless he is just snapping off his phone pointed in that direction - no aiming to take a pic.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Here is my enhancement:

edit on 14-9-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I really can't believe that I'm not the only one who sees this. I colored it before, but this time, on the pic I lightened, I outlined what I see. I guess when I colored what I saw, it made the alien eyes pop out. But, doesn't anyone else see two guys, one with his arm around a pole, and the other leaning on a table or bed?
The blob behind the guy leaning on the table/bed is the shadow of his head.
I sorta do see the alien thing, but I have to stare at at a long time to see it. The two guys with afro's I see immediately.

And I guess one could see an alien, but to me two guys is much more apparent.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
With more perusing (and/or pareidolia), the details become more... detailed. Some tan-brown colored stereotypical grey alien looking thingy (but larger and meaner) with smaller friends sure looks to be lurking out the dirty window.

Once you see the thing, you can't unsee it. The varied "poses" and life-like details make this a neat hoax, if that's the case, or it's another really weird experience that someone actually had the luck and presence of mind to snap pics of.

Never mind the sense, or not, of a creature(s) that might come from another planet or sphere of being (or the corner drug store's toy aisle) that is balked by a flimsy, poorly kept (yet stylish) Craftsman door... who knows, maybe it needs to be invited in or just wanted to pass some time by scaring the crap outta the natives... or have a fear snack, or was afraid of the foreign germs that obviously dwell on that door ... but it's a cracking good hoax in that it's so mundane, yet completely incongruous.

So ultimately, excellent find, post and thread as this is what makes this site such an excellent time gobbler.

But really, if I saw that out my door I doubt I'd have the presence of mind to play director and would either freak the f*%# out or invite it in and offer it a drink or twenty.

Of course it's a fabrication... and a hilariously over-the-top one at that... and the MUFON guy was duped despite maybe being decent at discerning b.s. ... and how in heck could anyone even think this was possible? And ... this stuff never really happens... right? (crickets sound while tail chasing resumes)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

No, what I showed looked alien is what I drew with lines around, however you're up to something with your previous image, you did not colorify or change the colors in any way did you? What filters or effects did you use to get this? Brightness? Sharpen/Unsharpen, Contrast? I couldn't get that result

virraszto

And yet, how would you explain all the other pictures? With the 'shapeshifting' and black blob on his face.

Well, one sign of the likely hoax was that they always seemed to be photoed at one side, it's not like he went to the door or the other side of the door to shoot a picture..

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

In one of my short stories here on ATS, I talk about a group of aliens that are clown like but also change into character, alien, that resemble these aliens in the pictures. (In this link the 'partiers' were actually clowns, but it did not make it to the story that way)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In one of my Threads here on ATS I discuss the cloaking ability and physical appearance of a live alien being I met on Oak Creek Canyon.

These were only 2 of the similarities I have written and shared with members here.

But wait my accounting is more recent, and I am not what one would consider a credible witness, just a person.

As more of these stories come forward, I am concerned about the fragile veil of dimensions which are merging. Humanity should eb far more advanced than they are right now and that worries me for the interdimensionals.
edit on 14-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Oops I meant to add that I am in no way stating this is in fact what it is reported to be, but the person has done their homework and added several convincing thoughts and observations on his experience. As for the images themselves, no they are not evidence and if anything are damaging to his story.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I am not a skeptic, nor a believer, I am objective as you can see, as soon as I saw what I didn't see in the past days, I am starting to see where the hoax was. And this is how research is done, not by scoffing like some did on the first page by saying 'blob, thus hoax, move on' - this is NOT SCIENCE, this is NOT research, this is NOT HOW research is done by GAMBLING with the answers like whatever comes to your mind first or saying 'No' without even looking at it.

Also trying to give answers for the sake of answers without testing it is not a research. Things like 'the Mask' movie, sure it looked like one but that was a guess, not actual research to see was there a TV.

That's why a lot of skeptics FAIL and are quite poor, are scoffers, because without testing it, all you're doing is scoffing and guessing. It's not any more science.

Thanks to all who took part by actually testing the pictures and working on them, this is what researching means, even if you didn't find the true answer.

Big thanks to virraszto for solving this! This is what I wanted someone to do, since I had my hesitations and couldn't find what is hoaxed.

It can be moved to Hoax forum, and it also confirms what I said:

I think making hoaxes of that kind should be criminalized and a minimum fine of 5,000 USD for hoaxes that waste people's time and try to convince them it is true. People would think again before they think of making up stories.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Agree, without going to the location and verifying that anything had been seen outside the only other option we have is the photographs. It was pretty clear that after the photos were examined with some details that this most likely a HOAX.

So unless the original photographer comes forward with better evidence, I'd say case closed.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Great reply, not having read the entire thread I may have missed out on some other important posts, but the one that stood out to me was the one that stated the hoaxer did not take the pictures or video from any other angle than the one we see in the OP. Just common sense but something that could have been over looked.

This was most likely perpetuated by someone who has visited forums like this one and put together something fabricated with just enough alternate information based on what they have read to pull this one over on the gullible. When pareidolia affects judgement, this is the out come if it was not a manufactured hoax.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I really love and respect the true Skeptic, it is worlds apart from a blind believer. A skeptic always keeps an open mind but allows all the evidence to be presented before accepting or denying. This is a skeptic forum more so than a CT forum which imo makes it different than the rest. When CT becomes Conspiracy fact, then the skeptic is the reason behind it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join