It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USE THIS THREAD: for bug reports related to the new ATS.5/3 cut-over on 9/9/13

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I logged onto ATS using IE earlier today and later shut the computer off to run to the store without logging off. When I returned, I booted back up and went to my Chrome browser to see what I had missed. (I'm trying to get used to Chrome) And saw that I had to log in again.

I realized what I had done and went back to IE and lo and behold, I was still logged in. I would have thought that logging in and out wouldn't matter regardless of the browser. Is this a problem at the server site or is it a browser issue?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Very nice makes using my kobo for ATS a pleasure. Now if only other sites would do the same. Great work' here to stay this time?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Haven't read any comments.... so sorry if this is a duplicate

My screen name should look like FORMe2p00p0n ..... not forme2p00p0n.... can you have the caps in names reinstated?

All in all ... LOVE the new look
edit on 9/9/2013 by forme2p00p0n because: There was poop stains everywhere, but then they were cleaned up

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Chamberf=6
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

SkepticOverlord

Chamberf=6
On no other site but this new ATS does the scroll bar on the bottom of my browser show that there may be a few more pixels to the right. For instance the symbol for "Search" is just barely cut off on its right side.

What is the viewport information shown below the site footer?

It says "viewport: 1263 x 575 | document: 1280 x 8097".

??
edit on 9/9/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Also below my name it says "member" not "Member" (capitalized) like others members have under their names.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

forme2p00p0n
My screen name should look like FORMe2p00p0n ..... not forme2p00p0n.... can you have the caps in names reinstated?

This is SkepticOverlord testing something in my test account. If I fixed the issue, the username for the post should be "TheyreHere" with capital T and H.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Today I spent time reading a thread which shows antisemitists seizing control of the media in Russia, and when I clicked on 'reply', I was sent a pretty nasty message from staff saying that I know why I cannot post here, and some spiel about myself being self-righteous. I guess that since it was a form letter, I shouldn't take it personally.

This is hardly something I'd expect to see on a top 1200 website such as ATS.

www.quantcast.com...

whoops, top 103 thousand now. Just last month it was still above the top 2000. So, IDK. Well, Patron™ is OK, I guess it will have to do.

One thing I note is that when I flip pages backwards, the threads do not return you to the recent postings column. Previously, this only happened when you gave a star to someone. This is probably just some NSA glitch since it is now happening on all the sites I frequent.

I see no friends list anymore. The 'my ATS' tab brings me nothing useful since I no longer can keep tabs on my own postings or threads.

Can we still communicate with other members? That would be great, and it should help keep our nation from becoming another Russia. They think 911 was a FF, sigh. Maybe it's the little lightning bolt thingy that enables messages, etc...but I'm not going to just start pressing buttons. One of them is certainly an 'alert' button. I'm not a rat.

# 54
edit on 9-9-2013 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ok. Android app is running again at high speed. Yet "log in" is a dead button that turns blue. But I can lurk quite fast.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

theyrehere
If I fixed the issue, the username for the post should be "TheyreHere" with capital T and H.

Trying again.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Bigburgh
Yet "log in" is a dead button that turns blue.

This is the first I've heard about anything like that.

Try this direct link instead: login

link   
Found a mobile style avatar, fought my way into accounts - the section for the avatars wasn't showing at first.
Had to toggle back and forth between versions to get the avatar box to finally show.

Put in a mobile avatar, which i had uploaded during beta phase off the computer - pasted in the mobile box only, and now it seems to be what's showing up on both mobile and desktop versions.
Now I can't fix the desktop avatar, because it's not in the one pic album showing. And I only have the phone for the next 2 weeks

It would be nice if the little boxes that hold the image file could be longer, so as to see the entire name of the image file.

During the testing I thought I could see the other photo albums.
I didnt have nearly as many battles trying to maneuver thru the beta testing.
Now it's so buggy....

link   

Bigburgh
Ok. Android app is running again at high speed. Yet "log in" is a dead button that turns blue. But I can lurk quite fast.

Lol nooooooo site not available again. I should have kept my trap shut!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Not a bug report but another kudos Logged in on my iPhone and it displays perfect even with my bad eyes I can read posts and no side to side scrolling required.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

TheyreHere

Bigburgh

Ok tried it. Still the same. User name and password come up with my info in the like before. Clicked the log in button. Box highlights blue and does nothing.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

TheyreHere

Bigburgh

Ok tried it. Still the same. User name and password come up with my info in the like before. Clicked the log in button. Box highlights blue and does nothing.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Multiple Stars Can Be Added by single Poster?

I'm working in my thread ItDepends - ATS Thread
.... and it appears that a person, or at least I have been able to, to add more than one 'star' per a posters response....hence, multiple stars from one person to another.....just fyi...sorry if this is a repeat.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
In the "archive" section on the main menu, how are the threads supposed to be sorted?

When I select a month with the date-picker tool, the threads that come up are from the proper date, but do not appear to be sorted by either the OP date or the last post date.

Just thought I'd mention it in case it needs to be looked at.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheyreHere

It worked!

were do I go to change?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

ItDepends
and it appears that a person, or at least I have been able to, to add more than one 'star' per a posters response.

If you actually check, it doesn't work. The code doesn't confirm you've starred a post when the post is displayed, only when you click the start. So if you try to star again -- then refresh -- you'll see the star wasn't really added.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

ItDepends

Multiple Stars Can Be Added by single Poster?

I'm working in my thread ItDepends - ATS Thread
.... and it appears that a person, or at least I have been able to, to add more than one 'star' per a posters response....hence, multiple stars from one person to another.....just fyi...sorry if this is a repeat.

I think if you refresh your browser, the duplicate star will disappear. At least, it did for me when I tried it.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

forme2p00p0n
were do I go to change?

You need to log-out, then back in.

Apparently you logged in using lower-case... but that's been fixed now.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join