It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USE THIS THREAD: for bug reports related to the new ATS.5/3 cut-over on 9/9/13

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

wildtimes
the star thing is still screwed up...every time I hit a thread to view last post, or whatever, I have another opportunity to give a star....

But it doesn't "take." No star is added.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

esteay812
Is this an issue for everyone, or is there something I am not doing properly?

If you're blocking pop-up windows, allow them on ATS.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Item 1: On the "About ATS page (go to to "i" icon next to the light/dark them selector top-right), on my desktop browser (Latest Firefox 23.0.1, Windows 7, Screen Resolution 1366x728), the navigation icon/links on the top right wrap when the horizontal screen size is too small (since the page title on this About page is very long). The top/bottom CSS margins or padding needs tweaking to not overlap the buttons above (see attached pic).

Item 2: Same page as item 1, but when you mouse over an icon in the top row (such as "stats") the wrapped icons "jump". I have an AVI screen capture showing this behavior, but can;t upload it here to my profile to show. Do you have any recommendation to get this video screen cap to you so you can see it, if so please let me know, OK?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Yes, it does. Just tried it again.
Sorry....
every time I open a thread, I have another star option...and they DO take.....

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

wildtimes
I have another star option...and they DO take.....

No.. I mean, if you do that, then reload the thread, you'll see it actually didn't take.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Krakatoa

It shouldn't wrap like that for your screen size. It looks like you might be zoomed-in via your browser.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Oh, okay....I see now.
I just tried it on a post that I knew I had starred, and it LOOKED like it took...
but then went back to myATS again, clicked the same post...and, yeah...it didn't "take."

Ok, thanks.
Sorry for being a pain.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Nope, browser is not zoomed in, I checked via the "view" menu and tried a ctrl-0 to reset. Same behavior.

ETA: The page is not full screen (forgot to mention that in the original post), the browser window is sized smaller horizontally. If I do widen it completely to fill the screen, it does not wrap. But make the horizontal viewport window size smaller than 1263 causes the wrapping.

(non-wrapping) Viewport info: viewport: 1263 x 584 | document: 1280 x 3235
(wrapping) Viewport info: viewport: 1262 x 600 | document: 1262 x 3762

edit on 9/9/2013 by Krakatoa because: Added viewport info

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
OK, this new look is great if entering a category or post but I want the "spash page" back where you have everything at a glance... all the new, hot, etc. on a single page!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yay! It worked that time.
THANKS, Skep....
very much appreciate your work and your responses.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It no longer fits the screen, I have changed nothing. Windows XP, Internet Explorer version 8.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

LuFri
It no longer fits the screen, I have changed nothing. Windows XP, Internet Explorer version 8.

What viewport information do you see just below the site footer?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

viewport: 1129 x 631 | document: 1280 x 6037
everything is huge

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Post Reply to SkepticOverlord

By the EstimatedProphet,

Dear ATS Staff, Programmers and Moderators,
"Yes, even Sight Owners,"

those Advertisement pop-ups that show-up on the side's of the screen and on top, really slow down the computer and I clicked on one of them and the damn thing gave my pc and/or "Confuser" a "freaken virus!"

My Laptop is now very slow and I got the volume on mute because that virus program acts like if I am tuning-in and/or listening into a-thousand radios and T.V. commercials all at once...The computer that I use was a gift and it was a used laptop. Hey, can't complain but its old and it overheats and now its freezing on me every 15 minutes because of this damn virus!

Can you fix that problem?

I know that for a fact, some software companies and corporations use such malicious viruses to make money, but its pissing me off because now I cant even download games, music or videos because of such "malware!"

If your website is promoting such a thing for money, then hell, I want to make a-little cash too, for the information that I post.

I know that its possible to do such a thing and you are not working at this website for free, like I am...Can you help me with some royalties at least?

I need to buy a new computer because that virus messed mines up and the information on my posts is "great" and very interesting, (although many people don't see it that way) and it is also helping you make some money...I would appreciate, a little piece of that pie, because I'm broke and hurting in this world to get-by.

Its the least thing that you guy's can do for me and/or if you are generous and kind enough to consider sending me a "New Laptop" then, that would be just fine instead...Please at least send me a new computer so that I can keep-on sending those messages on time, because they are very crucial and a benefit for all of us and the message is very important and its concerning the survival of mankind.

I'm sorry but I just don't have the money right now to afford a new one and if I did, I would like to use that laptop ONLY for my personal work for you and your enigmatic "social brotherhood," members. That is, regarding the elite and other people who will escape destruction!

If you guy's can do this awesome favor for me as a personal "Gift," that would be great and I would love and appreciate it, if that apparatus could also have your "name/logo" written all over it.

If you can't, then its still OK, I well try to manage, as I always do, even if I have to struggle for it.

Please send me a message soon, regarding this proposal and I will give you the mailing address where I work so that we may continue doing business together and in return, contributing to one-another!

Note: My real job is sending these messages. I was working for a while doing some hard labor at minimum wage, but unfortunately for me, I am temporarily "disabled" because of a conflict. Yes, I do get into allot of fights because of "who I am" and of "whom I represent!"

And I do believe that, both me and the computer need help and maybe a "Good Nurse."

"I loose allot of battles, but at the end, we shall win the War!" ~Gerard Garcia

Thank You,

Sincerely yours,

EstimatedProphet_The Legend Begins.

P.S: "Thank you for adding unlimited number of "characters." This will make my job allot easier!"
P.S.S: "Many people have their doubts because they are a faithless generation, but I am always Hoping with good faith!"

edit on 9-9-2013 by estimatedprophet because: "@ . $ . ? . !"

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
i like the new site but please please bring back the friends lists

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Just wanted to point out that I was looking at someones stats and was suprised to see their last visit was "Sep, 10 2013" . I am in the Eastern Time Zone and it is just after 9p.m. Sep, 9.

I Wasn't sure if you are having a Calendar Issue, Or, if ATS has actually Achieved Time Travel.
edit on 9-9-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
when i type a reply it takes me ages as it jumps about i was trying to post a reply to ben swann and i gave up as the o just just jumps around firef x and windows xp oooo

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by estimatedprophet

You know that if your computer has a virus, you can reset it back to factory settings? It's a bit of a pain, as it takes a long time and you have to reload your software. But at least you don't have to buy a new computer!

I don't think that ATS chooses which ads you view, your browser does.

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LuFri

I forged through some of the earlier posts that basically said me and my system are obsolete. I downloaded Chrome, that fixed it.

I already had Firefox and it was not much better than Explorer 8, XP doesn't allow a new version than 8.

Glad I still got my Etch A Sketch...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join