It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the Banksters and Globalists WON in Australia.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

In fact, the propaganda was being pushed by everyone (except maybe the Pirate Party)... it's the nature of politics... but Abbott had huge amounts of free propaganda pushed out by a private interest party (Murdoch) almost on a 24/7 basis for the last month... and whether you like it or not, propaganda works... I even find myself thinking thoughts that on closer inspection I realise are peppered with "popular opinion".

If you think that policy played any real part in this election, all you have to do is look through the last month of headlines in the majority of papers, and try to find the rare article that was factual based and not opinion based.

This election was the epitome of popularity contest, where the side with the most resources (the side Murdoch was on this time), won.

No-one had any policy! Labor was in a shambles, trying to deal with a flip-flopping leadership, Liberal were too busy rubbing Labor's nose in it to actually create any policies until the day before the election when they realised... "Oh crud... looks like we're going to win this... better produce a bunch of fluff words that we can pass of as long term policy, to calm the masses!"

Liberal and Labor both screw up different aspects of society... but in the end, it's all the same 2-party-preferred government... a terrible system that almost the whole world has something similar.

Australia isn't unique in this, and I reiterate... this is no way to run the world!... It's like watching a 4 year old sandbox government... laughable.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by puzzlesphere
reply to post by hellobruce

In fact, the propaganda was being pushed by everyone (except maybe the Pirate Party)... it's the nature of politics... but Abbott had huge amounts of free propaganda pushed out by a private interest party (Murdoch) almost on a 24/7 basis for the last month... and whether you like it or not, propaganda works... I even find myself thinking thoughts that on closer inspection I realise are peppered with "popular opinion".

If you think that policy played any real part in this election, all you have to do is look through the last month of headlines in the majority of papers, and try to find the rare article that was factual based and not opinion based.

This election was the epitome of popularity contest, where the side with the most resources (the side Murdoch was on this time), won.

No-one had any policy! Labor was in a shambles, trying to deal with a flip-flopping leadership, Liberal were too busy rubbing Labor's nose in it to actually create any policies until the day before the election when they realised... "Oh crud... looks like we're going to win this... better produce a bunch of fluff words that we can pass of as long term policy, to calm the masses!"

Liberal and Labor both screw up different aspects of society... but in the end, it's all the same 2-party-preferred government... a terrible system that almost the whole world has something similar.

Australia isn't unique in this, and I reiterate... this is no way to run the world!... It's like watching a 4 year old sandbox government... laughable.

You should of seen the policy book of the liberals, when Labor party leader Keating was PM it was about 6 a4 pages.
No form what so ever.
edit on 9-9-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

The posted article was actually from the UK Telegraph I believe... and Murdoch has many papers across Australia and the world... it's why he can sway popular opinion. Example: We were at a good friends parents house for dinner the other week, and they only read the Telegraph (no tv, no other paper)... their complete picture of Australian Politics is as Murdoch wants to present... it was a hard conversation.

I agree totally that Murdoch was supporting Rudd in the past. Rudd was the most conservative Labor leader we have had for a long time, and his campaign views at the time aligned with Murdoch's agenda. Rudd ended up not doing what Murdoch wanted, so this time around he sided with the other team. (he sides with the person he likes, for whatever reason, not the party) Rudd annoys on lots of levels... a conservative left-winger?... bound to rub everyone wrong.

A long time ago I used to like the Telegraph, because it did present a fairly balanced and factual viewpoint. Murdoch media never really did seem to have a particular bias in the past. In has old age however, it seems that Murdoch Media more and more supports the corporate interest, and will side with whichever political figure suits at the time.

Hopefully you'll notice I actually don't support liberal or labor... I don't support the farcical two-part system... It's two sides of the same coin. Both sides are about maintaining a flawed system.

The only party worth voting for (other than the big two and the greens... the greens had the best policies of the three this election, so if you really want to talk parties and policy, then we all should have voted them) this election was the Pirate Party. If for no other reason, the idea of "participatory democracy" is the first real proposed change to an outdated system I have seen for a long time... and we now have the technology to make it a viability.

The only party presenting such a system was the Pirate Party.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

It really is the same government, with a slightly different bent on the Agenda, but still a two-team game.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder

That's some nasty stuff right there, if you don't need to justify yourself here what are you doing here you joined 2 days ago sunshine and you wont last 2 more talking like that,we discuss things we don't insult or threaten if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen

No, that is what people like her have been telling people like me to do every day of my life. Not pleasant is it.

Heat? Kitchen? Luxury items for the next evolution.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Wow... what. Abbott actually won. That is extremely unexpected to me because I know hardly anyone who actually likes Abbott and there was so much campaigning against him by the Labor party.

It's not relevant whether anyone likes him.

Here in Australia, it is compulsory to vote, so people are forced to vote for the candidate they dislike the least. That is why 90% of the election ads on TV are simply bagging the opposing party. That's the trick here to win votes. Make the public believe that the candidate opposing you is more of an Ahole than you are.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

The whole thing is a joke, and the majority swallowed the propaganda wholesale.

No, the propaganda was being pushed by labor, whose whole election campaign consisted of whining about Abbott.

It was amusing to see how easily the populace was led.

The only ones who were led were labor supporters who ignored labor's inability to stop the flow of illegals or manage a budget. the infighting for labor leadership was seen by the majority of Australians as just another sign that labor could not govern and could only run up massive debts.

Te funniest thing is labor are still refusing to accept any responsibility for their poorly run campaign and poor running of Australia.

cough.

" Flood of illegals ?"

*rolls eyes*

This is what a flood of refugees looks like.

You dont hide your nationalistic racist views very well.

Also. We sit #2 in the worlds best economies below only Sweden, AAA rating and all....so what budget crisis do you speak of exactly?

And others are victims of propaganda? Seems you've fallen for it hook line and thinker.

Thanks for placing your want for more and more and more and more and more, over the lives of children and the living nightmare realities of those already in suffrage right here right now much less around the world.

Congratulations, you win.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Can't pay livable pensions to the aged, unemployed, disabled and parents because doing so is a waste hmm?

Waste?

$916K in useless spending waste. Not that it matters...but how many parenting payments or newstart payments is that exactly?
Yet you all seem very happy to pay him to waste your money and seem very angry about parents keeping kids in bed at night even having a cent...why so? Bigotry much?

Keeping kids off the street and in warm beds - 'bad'.
Keeping politicians in pens - 'good'.
How Orwellian!

Oh...you thought it was just us he was targeting?
Abbott is to axe Sunday penalty rates too and this is a sample result of him doing just that.

Sure hope you don't have a job in these fields.

You thought you had an inviolate right to say no to sex ladies?

Ooopsie!

Been raped..need an abortion?
BIG OOPS!

And it goes on and on.Each of these statements made by the new prime monster is verified and on public record and these are only some of the ideologically based socially dangerous and at times sickening views held by this man - and you guys just voted him in!
And they call us selfish scum? Call us uneducated breeders...pfff?

As I said before, congratulations. You will inevitably get back what you give out.This time you can't blame US for the crap as you chose him, so you live with it...you won after all.

edit on 9-9-2013 by hariahinoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by hariahinoz

The whole thing is a joke, and the majority swallowed the propaganda wholesale.

No, the propaganda was being pushed by labor, whose whole election campaign consisted of whining about Abbott.

It was amusing to see how easily the populace was led.

The only ones who were led were labor supporters who ignored labor's inability to stop the flow of illegals or manage a budget. the infighting for labor leadership was seen by the majority of Australians as just another sign that labor could not govern and could only run up massive debts.

Te funniest thing is labor are still refusing to accept any responsibility for their poorly run campaign and poor running of Australia.

cough.

" Flood of illegals ?"

*rolls eyes*

This is what a flood of refugees looks like.

You dont hide your nationalistic racist views very well.

In 2008 only 160 refugees arrived by boat, meanwhile 160,000 migrants arrived by plane.

Refugees arriving by plane (or "plane people") are found to have significantly less rates of genuine refugee status than boat people do, so more are turned away. Also plane people arrive in significantly greater numbers.

But even their numbers pale in comparison to migrants, who aren't even coming here because they have to like refugees.

So then why all the outcry in the media about a flood of boat people?

Even if you're a racist nationalist who wants a return to white Australia policy and closed boarders, then why no outcry about the real "flood" huh?

edit on 9/9/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hariahinoz

you really are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic basket.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

Pot call Kettle black don't you think?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Abbot is a Jesuit pawn and a weak pawn at that (fall guy most likely). I must say here: if someone does not understand at least that the different parties are all tared with the same brush, THEY BETTER LOOK OUT!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
As I watched the whole thing it dawned on me how destructive this so called democratic process is. I do not advocate some sort of Authoritarian system in place of democracy, I'm merely stating what I came to understand while watching the election.

As I read the tweets at the bottom of the screen on the channel 9 coverage I saw little positivity. It was labor supporters demon bashing Abbott much the way Gillard or Rudd would do from liberals, some even nastier.

This election was a vote against the labour party and the hard left ideology they peddle. This election was a vote against the carbon tax, a referendum if you will. This elections was one of hate toward the incumbent not adoration of his nemesis.

The labour party sickened me, their headlong dash into this carbon insanity sealed it for me. We are a nation of 23+ million and hope to save the world by taxing ourselves. I mean WTF? The lies and dishonour left it impossible to give them my support.

But it is true, that the hatred people feel toward Abbott are a mirror of my disgust for Rudd and Julia. Just another divisive dynamic within society, parallel to religion where we argue the failings in our rivals mythology.

The people have lost faith in labour and that benefits all other parties. Labour undid themselves.

But what can we do? The whole preference system ensures little parties always stay insignificant and compulsory voting in a democracy? If it wasn't compulsory and voter turnout was at an all time low then there would be a chance for new blood to inspire the people to vote and new parties may emerge.

We are a compliant state of the western imperial powerhouse and we are a peaceful, happy people.
Australia truly is the lucky country. Our relative geographical isolation and our location in the southern hemisphere is ideal. I don't believe we are a target for many nations so when TSHTF we are in as good a spot as anyone could be.

We don't have leaders, we have to follow followers and we can never be sure who they are following. That's the trouble, we can't fight it, its too entrenched. Run for office, see what happens, its all so convoluted.

Everything seems like a sideshow.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

Me?
You voted for this!

More, you just voted to have human rights exploiter Gina-the-hutt ( who wanted to pay mine workers 2 dollars an hour " like Daddy did in Africa") and Clive Palmer ( I am building a $500 million-plus dollar ship but giving the jobs to China) take effective charge of all our national energy choices for the next 3 yrs. So no escaping the miners and those 'evil US energy corporates' and their grand plans and conspiracies now, not even a hope too! Most people here on ATS are here to fight these corporate giants and megalomaniac psychopaths and you vote them into positions of power!!

Whats worse, you just voted in a man who plans to do away with unfair dismissal laws - so I hope you are good at your job and your boss doesn't feel you up then sack you when you stand your ground!
Needed new local infrastructure? Kiss that goodbye - 28 new rail projects now shelved for what? Abbot plans more roads! Yay more peek hour crush!
NBN - not anymore! We get recycled copper wire! Yay! (only the rich will be able to afford it anyway so who cares right
)
And whats that? A $75.000 dollar payment so a rich woman can sit at home for _6_ months using YOUR TAXES! How dare she!! Where is your moral outrage hmm??
Senate whistle blower protection? Pfft gone too!! So much for holding them accountable!

Thanks to your massively superior sanity, now we have a government whose top dog ( when he can speak and doesn't mumble or stare blankly or isn't running out of Parliament doors to hide from votes * see below*) says 'sh*t happens' when a soldier dies www.youtube.com... says ' oh but he was such a good human in theology school' when asked why he didn't report child sexual abuse he witnessed personally www.independentaustralia.net...; a government whose now supported by a candidate that can't even remember the contents of a 6 point plan! www.theguardian.com...

Oh brave leader!
www.youtube.com...

All that amazing leadership, supported by a known racist ( Pauline ), a known egomaniac ( Clive) and three guys from the happy shooters party! Supported by YOU!

Oh we're in for such a treat!

Did you know carbon tax was actually working? Our emissions were down nearly 11%? What? Don't you like having a planet to live and judge people on? Even if climate change IS a fraud - working towards renewable energy sources that dont cost the earth and mean no more reliance on US energy giants? A problem for you? Really?

He'll handle your money better huh? Have you forgotten about their 11 eminently defensible BILLION dollar black hole? www.youtube.com...

And then there's this:
www.youtube.com...
Versus this
www.youtube.com...

Stuff all those human beings (over 10% of Australians) who wanted their _human rights_ upheld and equal social rights eh?

I don't support any politician or party, but I had hope that at least under Rudd, MORE kids wouldn't end up on the street. For me, it is that simple. If I have to go live in a hospice, ok. I'll cope, but I saw babies, 5 and 18 months sleeping in a car with their loving and working dad in Sunshine two months ago because the shelters that take men in even with kids are rare and the rest are full, and he had to make a choice between feeding them and paying over inflated rent with less cash income ( something that would have been rectified under Rudd) - and that sight - not your opinion or tv or media of any kind dominates my thinking not my next hairdo, nail job or tummy tuck and other self delusional self interests.

BTW: ALL Australians are taxpayers. ALL of us thanks to John Howard's back flip and implementation of the GST. Not to mention paying rego and stamp duty JUST LIKE YOU. So get off your frigging high horse. They are OUR taxes too and we deserve equal time to be heard and equal representation in their dispensing.

I'll take my mad as crap picnic basket label thanks because if being sane means ignoring whats right in front of your face and shooting yourself and your nation in the foot..you win again!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

but I had hope that at least under Rudd, MORE kids wouldn't end up on the street.

hold on, it was one of KRudd's labor mates who promised "By 1990 no Australian child will live in poverty"

Or, that was just another labor lie. And as seen in the previous post, all labor have are lies!

Labor are just sore losers, constantly whining about Abbott - in fact that was their whole election campaign, whining about Abbott! Since they lost they are still whining.

This is the person who was PM, got kicked out by his own party, then his replacement was so bad they had to get him back!

This is also poor Kevin having a hissy fit.

Abbott derangement syndrome is strong in some people here.
edit on 9-9-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

but I had hope that at least under Rudd, MORE kids wouldn't end up on the street.

hold on, it was one of KRudd's labor mates who promised "By 1990 no Australian child will live in poverty"

Or, that was just another labor lie. And as seen in the previous post, all labor have are lies!

Labor are just sore losers, constantly whining about Abbott - in fact that was their whole election campaign, whining about Abbott! Since they lost they are still whining.

Yes. Gillard's ring and run was DISGUSTING and made worse by the fact she now sits in a luxury mansion on a 400K per year FOR LIFE -taxpayer- funded pension for doing NOTHING but marginalizing the most marginalized group in Australia.

However and over months and months of active lobbying, interviews and challenges, those of us who went after the labor party's bullsh*t policies finally got a public commitment from Rudd to reinstate parenting payments and address this issue in his first 90 days. Tony Abbot wouldn't even SPEAK with us!

I have already said I dont support any political party, attack Rudd all you like as it changes nothing, that Tony Abbot, barely a man, does not represent anyone except corporate interests and those of a hypocritical nation of fattened middle class parasites that happily spend 14 billion on pets a year but decry spending 800 million for childrens basic needs and safety.

People could have at least voted for the Pirate Party if they hated Rudd and Greens so much and at least given our most vulnerable kids a fighting chance.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

This man does not represent anyone except corporate interests and those of a hypocritical nation of fattened middle class parasites that happily spend 14 billion on pets a year but decry spending 800 million for childrens basic needs and safety.

Well, Rudd and Gillard only represented union thugs, union officials who set up slush funds to buy property (which Gillard help set up) and union officials who used union credit cards to hire prostitutes....

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Well, Rudd and Gillard only represented union thugs, union officials who set up slush funds to buy property (which Gillard help set up) and union officials who used union credit cards to hire prostitutes....

Nonsense. Rudd was trying to take power AWAY from the union leaders and into the hands of the people Australians actually voted for - then the union leaders stepped in and cut him down and installed Gillard instead. Yet all the Liberals conveniently forget that, they are too busy salivating and drooling about their Highness Abbott who is going to set this country back decades.

Please get your facts straight. I would suggest starting by taking off your blinders.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

wow. and i thought you just hated me.

you focus on the 0.1% of women in the top earning bracket who will get paid parental leave and ignore the 95% of women who earn under $50 thousand who will get it. they do it as tough as you. the women who works at centrelink processing your pension and lives payweek to payweek....when she has a baby she doesnt deserve it...does she in your book. she can go screw herself. let me ask you a question. when you had your baby, did you work ????? did you have maternity leave ???? or were you on the pension then. did you get to have time with your baby ????. you probably did. but go screw all the other women. the ones that serve you at the shops, the one who teach your child, the clerk in the hospital who checked you in when you had your baby and earns $600 a week, well she can just get her ass back to the job to be there at your beck and call.

then you go on about what abbott "plans" to do. he is going to try and improve roads to make it easier for those of us who go to work. but you know what.....screw you bastards who pay your pension. what do you care if we sit in traffic for hours. doesnt effect you does it.

now if you will excuse me....im off to pat the dog...who you also hate then i really must cancel that tummy tuck, nails and hairdo so i can get my sorry ass back to work to support you.

sounds to me like you just have this massive chip on your shoulders and your hate and vile diatribe for the average aussie who works yet worries if they will be able to pay the bills at the end is disgusting.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

can i suggest also that you have a read through this thread. you have not even been here a week and you have taken this thread to a low level. a good thread is one where you can express your opinion, but also respect the opinions of others.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join