It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the Banksters and Globalists WON in Australia.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

you fool.

you could not be more wrong if you tried to be.

i, like the majority of australians live payweek to payweek. but did you read that...PAYWEEK. not dole week, not disability support payment week...PAYWEEK.

I am also so anti-greed that its not funny. the first political party that abolished negative gearing so that housing prices came down to make it affordable for everyone would win my vote for life.

i am also anti sit at home with your hand out and expect others to pay for your life.

i am all for the government giving a helping hand and using my taxes to for it...BUT... pendulum has swung way to far the other way.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
reply to post by amraks

you fool.

you could not be more wrong if you tried to be.

i, like the majority of australians live payweek to payweek. but did you read that...PAYWEEK. not dole week, not disability support payment week...PAYWEEK.

I am also so anti-greed that its not funny. the first political party that abolished negative gearing so that housing prices came down to make it affordable for everyone would win my vote for life.

i am also anti sit at home with your hand out and expect others to pay for your life.

i am all for the government giving a helping hand and using my taxes to for it...BUT... pendulum has swung way to far the other way.

So you are now going after the disability sector thats a big no no in my eyes. not all people are fortunate to having able bodies and working brains.

So how do you these people pay for their food & rent that are disabled? Have I missed out on a new medical break through?

You are being very greedy and giving a finger to the needy. Don't even try justify what you stand for.
you contradict you're self a bit.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

again....if you think everyone on disability pensions are disabled then you are wrong.

"disability" is the new "race card". god forbid you question someone about calling themselves disabled.

i know of a bloke who has been on this pension for over 20 years because his hands shake. why do they shake...because he is an alcoholic. he can still work for the odd cash job but. but year after year after year he has claimed this pension.

what about obese people. since when did it become ok for a person too stuff their face till they cant walk then give them a pension and a bloody scooter with a big flag on the back so they can fly through a shopping centre at 100k's an hour.

in an authentic crack down you could probably wipe 40% of that pension, but what government would do that and over inflate their unemployment numbers.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

reply to post by amraks

again....if you think everyone on disability pensions are disabled then you are wrong.

"disability" is the new "race card". god forbid you question someone about calling themselves disabled.

i know of a bloke who has been on this pension for over 20 years because his hands shake. why do they shake...because he is an alcoholic. he can still work for the odd cash job but. but year after year after year he has claimed this pension.

what about obese people. since when did it become ok for a person too stuff their face till they cant walk then give them a pension and a bloody scooter with a big flag on the back so they can fly through a shopping centre at 100k's an hour.

in an authentic crack down you could probably wipe 40% of that pension, but what government would do that and over inflate their unemployment numbers.

I understand this frustrates you, But what good will this guy be if his hands shake? Do you know why this person is a alcoholic? not condoning his actions but there could be something deeper than you know going on with this guy don't judge people with out knowing a background first.

Obese people yes frustrating but yet again here you are judging people.
Australia's always going to have these problems, you want a civil country don't you?

I also met a guy on a bus from Balarat to Melbourne this year who's hand shakes he was a bus driver and he was on disabilty his hand shakes he can't drive any more. but he was telling me how he heeled a old lady by taking her to church. Not judging him but something was not right.
edit on 8-9-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'd like to insert, if I may, another commentary on the election and PM Abbott. This one is by Daniel Hannan of The Telegraph (UK)
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

Australians like their politicians blunt and pugilistic, and Abbott is certainly that. But his detractors often miss, or affect to miss, his wryness, his self-awareness, his humour. The purple, choking rage he provokes among Lefties has a lot to do with the fact that he is, in their eyes, a kind of class traitor: an intellectual who speaks demotically; a Rhodes Scholar with the common touch; an Australian Roman Catholic who inexcusably refuses to be either republican or Labour.

People of his sort are not supposed to win elections. Abbott believes in God, supports free speech, wants to crack down on illegal immigration and once called global warming "crap". He opposes same-sex marriage, though in courteous and temperate language (his sister, who is gay, campaigned for him). He has no time for the notion, favoured by some Melbourne cleverdicks, that Australia is an Asian power: his country's alliances with Britain, the United States and the other Anglophone democracies are central to his world-view.

What makes his victory especially remarkable is that Australia's electoral system might have been specifically designed to push politicians onto the centre ground. Compulsory voting means you don't have to bother about motivating your base, and the preferential votes system means you needn't worry about being outflanked by a more hardcore party.

As if these disadvantages were not enough, Abbott was running against an incumbent government during an economic boom. It's true that that boom was mainly created by John Howard's fiscal management. It's true, too, that Labour spent six years draining the stores. And it's true that Australia's growth owes a great deal to the mining boom: hence the hostility to Labour's carbon tax. Even so, to topple a government presiding over a growth rate of some 2.5 per cent is no small thing.

How did he do it? One word: integrity. Of all the insults hurled at Abbott by his opponents, one which you almost never hear is "liar". His beliefs are not everyone's cup of tea. Indeed, his paternalistic social conservatism is a long way from my own brand of free-trade, small-government Whiggery. But people trust him to deliver what he promises, and with reason.

All of which make him sound pretty attractive. But, again, I'm not Australian.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

this is what the majority of australians know and that is why we have voted him in with a majority.

the other side have thrown insults and name calling at him for years. the biggest joke ever was julia gillard calling him a mysoginist.

you will see on this thread that some of the mud stuck in the minds of some voters.

but....the majority of this country still has a brain and can see through lies and slander and make an informed decision.

p.s...also know that the labor party received its lowest vote in history.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

This is a perfect example of the tactics used throughout this election. The Telegraph is a Murdoch paper, and
Murdoch was in open support of Abbott.

The Telegraph ran weekly full-page front pages stroking the populace with how wonderful a guy Tony Abbott is. Lots of aspirational stuff, just like the opinion piece you posted, making him sound like Australia's "modest man" solution to all our problems. I don't care how great a guy he is (and if you had seen him in politics for the past decades you would find that piece laughable)... I care about policy.

The problem is that all Murdoch propaganda was opinion pieces... no meat or policies ever actually addressed, largely because there really weren't any policies until a few nights ago.

The best thing for Abbott was that all that advertising was free, and not even needed to be counted as a campaign contribution... it was just the "media", "reporting" on the "truth"... LOL... (do you really believe that?), something that no other political group (other than maybe Palmer) could afford... well, free advertising other than Abbott most likely "owes" a few favours to Murdoch now.

The Australian Prime Minister owing favours to one of the worlds biggest media moguls... hmmm... that sounds like a good idea... not... especially seeing the wonderful character Murdoch has shown himself to be in recent years (shudders)... ;-j

The whole thing is a joke, and the majority swallowed the propaganda wholesale.

It was amusing to see how easily the populace was led.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

His own party thought so, now he is gone, that was the plan in the first place and imho a good plan, that, wait for it.....worked! Labor done something right.

Now stop the whinging and start rebuilding for christ's sake
edit on 8-9-2013 by keenasbro because: to add

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by puzzlesphere
The whole thing is a joke, and the majority swallowed the propaganda wholesale.

No, the propaganda was being pushed by labor, whose whole election campaign consisted of whining about Abbott.

It was amusing to see how easily the populace was led.

The only ones who were led were labor supporters who ignored labor's inability to stop the flow of illegals or manage a budget. the infighting for labor leadership was seen by the majority of Australians as just another sign that labor could not govern and could only run up massive debts.

Te funniest thing is labor are still refusing to accept any responsibility for their poorly run campaign and poor running of Australia.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by puzzlesphere

the daily telegraph is a sydney paper....not a national paper.

i get that this is a conspiracy website but everyone on here who is saying that murdoch loves abbott and hates labor forget the whole "kevin 07" election.

he whole heartedly supported the labor party back then. the telegraph was mearly reflecting the views of the wider populace and with the liberal majority win on the weekend that seems to now be a fact.

i agree with the other guys above....stop crying, rebuild and provide an effective opposition because that is what a country needs.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Here is how much of a smear campaign Murdoch run.

S**T happens when a solider dies hey and a PM who can choke when he is interviewed.

people voted for him

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
they did....again....in the majority.

i really think we should leave it at that now. there is a new government. give liberal a chance because if they screw up the ass will be the next thrown out.

i wish you luck in being able to put behind you what has happened to this point and we come together again as a country.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
my full focus is now on my rugby league team THE MIGHTY MIGHTY SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS and cheering them in their quest for a grand final win.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Sadly money is the one that won the elections in Australia, interest money, from now on it will be like in the US, the government will become whores to the pimps in the private interest businesses and people will start losing their rights for the good of the rich and filthy wealthy.

Welcome to our world here in the US our fellow Australian friends.

edit on 8-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

my full focus is now on my rugby league team THE MIGHTY MIGHTY SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS and cheering them in their quest for a grand final win.

Oh you was talking about rugby.
In the footy
I will hope Carlton makes it.

But really having Abbott In charge of this country makes my blood boil. ur blood will boil in the next year or so.

Suggest keeping a close eye.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Tony his only just came in the door and his bulling the micro parties in the senate.
He does not want them to hinder the LNP agenda. The Senate is there to make it fair you don't get full power tony.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks

But really having Abbott In charge of this country makes my blood boil. ur blood will boil in the next year or so.

It seems obvious that the majority of voting Australians have had their blood boiling for the last 3 or more years and can now look forward to some improvement. The new government couldn't possibly do any worse than the previous one.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum

Originally posted by amraks

It seems obvious that the majority of voting Australians have had their blood boiling for the last 3 or more years and can now look forward to some improvement. The new government couldn't possibly do any worse than the previous one.

Yes I can understand our anger in Tasmania with the greens stopping progress.
Remember last time was a hung Parliament so the greens got allot of say.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

The federal election results here in Tas obviously reflect the public dissatisfaction with the local state government as well as the federal antics of late so I'd expect an even bigger voter backlash against them in the next state election. Lara's empire looks to be under serious threat at this time.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
reply to post by amraks

The federal election results here in Tas obviously reflect the public dissatisfaction with the local state government as well as the federal antics of late so I'd expect an even bigger voter backlash against them in the next state election. Lara's empire looks to be under serious threat at this time.

Yeah is that election for a Premiere coming up next year?

Lara needs to leave.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join