It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

You may understand how we feel here in Japan

But maybe not!!!

Mai Pen Rai!

Here the "Scandal" from yesterday

Japan is boiling!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hi People,

I'm kinda hoping we might all, you know, focus on the TOPIC and not EACHOTHER.

Cheers people. Keep it focused, keep it clean.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Human0815
reply to post by wiser3

You may understand how we feel here in Japan

But maybe not!!!

Mai Pen Rai!

Here the "Scandal" from yesterday

Japan is boiling!

Human, why do you keep writing Mai Pen Rai?
I thought that was Thai - not Japanese...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Technical Support from the United States
Department of Energy (DOE)

Well it is about time!!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

wiser3
reply to post by matadoor

I got those US slams as soon as I read that post and actually feel that that post should be deleted and/or the member banned! That reference to 9/11 is disrespectful and disgusting!

Yeah, I get a kick out of what gets deleted here, and what gets to stay.

When I first read it, I was thinking about something else at the same time, then went back and re-read it and finally got what they were actually meaning.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
soundguy - is awesome you have all that data archived! Is difficult (understatement) to find real information about this catastrophe.

Apparently the four reactors in trouble were placed by GE engineers - I think what people can easily forget is that when you get to government 'and above' government levels, it is ONE world, not countries. These are decisions made beyond governments. The whole 'country' idea is a facade for the little people (that's us).

Those reactors should never have been there in the first place, any commoner can see the potential problems of them next to the water nicely buried. Only in this case it's not potential problems, those have all been realized and then some!

That nuclear experts weren't rushed in to deal with this from day one smells of cover-up. Is it embarrassment? Denial? Not allowed to look bad? What possible justified reason is there for Tepco and the Japanese government to NOT reach out to the world for HELP the instant it happened? And what reason is there for all the worlds nuclear experts to not get together and help mitigate this problem? Either it's because they don't want to lose face to the world or there is a plan to let the facilities nuke the entire ocean, air and water. Surely the industry KNOWS what this is doing... It looks like global genocide to me - otherwise they would have done everything they could in the first few months, not YEARS all the while spewing.

Nuclear power around the world is a problem - but they also build them in unsafe areas and let them expire and run down - these meltdowns are all preventable.

The only way to know the effects on people is to get real data from hospitals or cancer agencies. It is a SLOW death, could take years to get ill and as I said before the medical records aren't going to say 'cancer from Fukushima fallout' - they're just going to say 'cancer'. Certainly getting credible data from around Fukushima would be helpful to note the increase in thyroid problems, bleeding, etc. compared to pre-Fukushima. But my guess is they're under strict orders to not reveal anything to anyone - would have to know someone on the inside who could confirm or deny there's been any increase...

Thank you all who give your time to keep this thread updated with quality information and insight - I also wonder where Air Cooled has gone... and Z.. I saw Helen Caldicott's 'If you Love this Planet Earth' nearly 30 years ago and highly recommend it for anyone not familiar with the real, true effects of radiation. Sometimes truth is so scarey it's easier to just write it off as nonsense - my curse is I've always wanted to 'know' what's true and it takes a lot of time and has caused me great grief coming to terms with the extent of insidious intentions beyond the governments... Enjoy the moments!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Here is one of the posts featuring the barges.

This page on cryptome.org contains the originals.

Keep up the great work, everyone!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
hibakusha

The surviving victims of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki are called hibakusha (被爆者?), a Japanese word that literally translates as "explosion-affected people" and is used to refer to people who were exposed to radiation from the bombings.

u know for everyone crying we dont know what the effects of radiation, from the leaking cores,,,might be,,,

can we at least stop that insanity???

Japanese word no less,, are the lies that deep?,,or memory just that bad.?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

(post by Human0815 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This is Wonderful!!!

Lawmaker hands letter to Emperor, draws criticism

A lawmaker has caused a stir in Japan's political scene by handing a letter to Emperor Akihito. Legislators are voicing criticism and concern, saying his conduct could be political exploitation.

Upper house member Taro Yamamoto handed the letter on Thursday at a party hosted by the Emperor. The anti-nuclear lawmaker was among 1,800 participants.

Yamamoto later said he wanted the Emperor to know about the potential risk to children after the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant accident and about the hard work under severe conditions by people there.

On Friday, education minister Hakubun Shimomura said Yamamoto should resign from the Diet for trying to use the Emperor for political purposes.

Justice Minister Hirokazu Tanigaki said Yamamoto's act could end up involving the Emperor in state politics.

Japan's Constitution, established after World War Two, defines the Emperor as a symbol of the state with no political power.

Members of the upper house steering committee executive council decided that Yamamoto's conduct is irrelevant to his role as a lawmaker and said they will discuss punishing him next week.

Yamamoto told reporters that he only wanted to convey to the Emperor the impact of the accident. He said he will wait for the committee's judgment, as he may have broken protocol.
Nov. 1, 2013 - Updated 09:03 UTC

www3.nhk.or.jp...

When they did an investigation as to why the accident happened one of the major reasons was the rigid management hierarchy.

And Air Cooled is tough-skinned enough to handle any nasty comments directed at him. Hopefully he's just on a nice vacation!!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Tepco, US to cooperate in Fukushima nuke-plant cleanup...

TOKYO—The utility firm operating Japan’s crippled nuclear power plant said on Friday that it would work with the US Department of Energy in decommissioning the site and in dealing with radioactive-water problems.

Tokyo Electric Power Co. (Tepco) President Naomi Hirose said he agreed to accept US help in discussions with US Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz as they visited the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant on Friday to inspect preparations to remove fuel rods from a storage pool.

The plant has recently had a series of mishaps, including leaks of radioactive water from storage tanks. The incidents—many of them caused by human error—have added to concerns about Tepco’s ability to safely close down the plant, which suffered multiple meltdowns after being hit by a March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

More here:

businessmirror.com.ph...

edit on Sun Nov 3 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
And then this little GEM. I wonder if we are going to start seeing this mentioned on "Deadliest Catch"?

Radiation from Japan nuclear plant arrives on Alaska coast

Scientists at the University of Alaska are concerned about radiation leaking from Japan's damaged Fukushima nuclear plant, and the lack of a monitoring plan.

Some radiation has arrived in northern Alaska and along the west coast. That's raised concern over contamination of fish and wildlife. More may be heading toward coastal communities like Haines and Skagway.

Douglas Dasher, a researcher at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, says radiation levels in Alaskan waters could reach Cold War levels.

Link is here:

www.cbc.ca...

edit on Sun Nov 3 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I am on a ROLL TODAY!!!

Fukushima decommissioning slip-up could trigger monumental chain reaction, expert warns

One slip-up in the latest step to decommission Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear plant could trigger a "monumental" chain reaction, experts warn.

Within days, Fukushima nuclear plant operators will begin what is being described as the most dangerous phase of the decommissioning process so far.

In an operation never before attempted, the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) will start removing 1,331 highly radioactive used fuel assemblies from a deep pool which sits high above the ground in a shattered reactor building.

www.abc.net.au...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

edit on Sun Nov 3 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

humpty dumpty,,,
u know the German's were actually the first ones, too split old humpty,,

maybe i would be inviting the German Delegation as well.
As the Americans.

edit on 11/2/2013 by BobAthome because: those Cranes are grounded right??

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Then we have this insanity:

Japan ruling party questions plan to let Fukushima evacuees go home

(Reuters) - A Japanese ruling party official has called into question a government plan to let people who fled from the Fukushima nuclear disaster go home, saying the government should identify areas that will never be habitable.

The Fukushima plant north of Tokyo was battered by an earthquake and tsunami in March 2011, leading to meltdowns and explosions that sent plumes of radiation into the air and sea.

About 150,000 people were evacuated. A large area of surrounding land is off-limits because of radiation but the government is hoping to eventually allow everyone to go home.

But Shigeru Ishiba, secretary general of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party (LDP), said it was inevitable that some people would never go back.

Link:

www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The Americans wrote that it is useless to collect this dirty Water
and Tepco should dump it into the Sea!
(use this Thread for the Sources, ca. 3-4 Weeks agi)

Imo. the US should focus on their Problem in their NPS first!

Today i attended a big Meeting here in Nagano where
we exchanged our Information, Data, Reports and Ideas.

The Levels are as reported, Food is mostly free of Radiation
and no big increases in Sickness are reported by the Meds and Nurses.

But the Situation of the Evacuees is bad to very bad!
This Accident destroyed huge living Communities of People
who grew up together, the Socio Impact is very sad as we
have foreseen it!

edit on 3-11-2013 by Human0815 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Human0815

have foreseen it!

I (and probably others) would be most interested in knowing what devices were used to detect levels and where they were used. And when you say 'no big increases in sickness' what are the stats of pre-Fukushima to what they're claiming now and whom is gathering and reporting these? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Human0815

have foreseen it!

You attended a meeting of this nature? It would seem then you have family and friends what work for TEPCO or the government, as this information is not handed out to just anyone. Who's your contact? I think I recall you saying your brother works for TEPCO?

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join