It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mamahuhu

I looked into deliberate transmutation as you suggest. I saw some tech although it is a long ways off I don't believe they will even be ready to test it until 2020. Here is one.

www.euronuclear.org...

Named after a Greek myth about the mother of Adonis (Myrrha) being transformed into a tree. Interesting how they name these projects. Anyhow thanks for bringing this to light.
edit on 27-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: of fluoride

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
A Quake Revives Japan's Nuclear Nightmare

Those who don't reside 135 miles away from the worst nuclear crisis since Chernobyl won't understand this reaction. But the first thing most of Tokyo's 13 million residents do once things stop wobbling is check if all's well at the Fukushima Dai-Ichi plant still leaking radiation into the atmosphere and the Pacific Ocean.

Worse, a fresh spate of accidents there make some wonder if the Marx Brothers are in charge. I'm no engineer, gents, but next time you might want to avoid disconnecting the wrong pipe, dumping another 10 tons of toxic water into the soil and contaminating yourself to boot.

Source

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Please Notice...

How the back of one of the workers shirt is blurred out and also the name on the side of the while van in this video. Rather peculiar...who is TEPCO trying to hide???

(Scroll down after pics and play video...)

photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Wow, none of those videos give me any reason whatsoever to have any confidence in what Tepco is doing there. There are so many things "I" see as questionable, or really, compel me to think: "WTF? do they think that's going to do?"

Man, such a sad state of affairs. The apathy in regards to this disaster is truly appalling. HUGE thanks to all the contributors in both the original and now thread 2. It's an incredible amount of information. If only people would actually look at what's happened/happening there....sigh.

edit on 10/28/13 by surfinguru because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

First of all, refer to my answer to the first quote above. Next, microwaves heat up the material they act on. Heating a radioactive material to a high enough temperature to fuse it into something else is not really not something you would want to do. Why do you think the biggest problem with Fukushima, and any other nuke storage facility, is keeping the fuel cool???

I never said that they fuse anything. If you read carefully, you would have noticed that I asked you to look into frequencies and microwaves.

And the link you provided to the manufacturer of the commercial microwave ovens only states that they are for drying out and sterilizing organic waste.

Yes. Read between the lines and use some critical thinking skills. Do you think that is all it is good for? Because that is all that is stated on the website, that is its only purpose and limits? Does Coca-Cola have on their website that their product can also be used as a battery cleaner? No, but by knowing the gist of the ingredients, one can figure out that it can be used for more than just a beverage.

This microwave can vaporize a tire and have it processed in two minutes down to fuel, carbon, and steel. Imagine the other possibilities. If this were applied to trash, there would be no need for landfills. Agriculture would not need pesticides or herbicides. And yes, radioactive waste, by manipulation at the molecular, atomic, and sub-atomic levels could be rendered harmless.

I don't want to appear argumentative, but I still do not believe that microwave energy can be used in that way. And I do have an engineering and science background; enough so that I have written articles on quantum mechanics among other things. You can read them by visiting my website linked to in my signature line.
edit on 27-10-2013 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

I have no qualm about that. I realize what I posted seems doubtful, but do yourself the favor and keep an open mind. When you get the chance do some research on microwaves and frequencies. You'll either learn that you are right or you will learn that you were wrong.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Thanks for the link. The site doesn't mention radioactive materials... at all. Claiming its "top secret", requiring others to just "believe you" or "forget it" is one way of presenting your case.
I have to agree with happykat after reviewing the linkless link...

Nice try. For others to review...

www.envirowave.com...

I never claimed that the site mentioned that. How about you give me the benefit of the doubt for a moment? Let's say you know that I am telling the truth. Why would I steal and leak top secret documents? So I can either get sent to prison, flee to another country, or end up dead? That seems to be what happens to the people who do expose sensitive materials these days. Would you stand before the government to keep this from happening to me? I don't think so. My guess is you would be on this site dooming and glooming about it.

Now let's think. Why would this be deemed top secret and a threat to national security if the technology gets out? Is it because it can clean water so it is safe to drink? How about vaporize tires and turn them into fuel and metal? Countless other beneficial things? I don't think any of these are a threat to national security. Unfortunately, although this technology has almost limitless benefits, there are numerous horrors that could be unleashed when used as a weapon. How about being able to selectively, vaporize people, buildings, essentially anything? And when you vaporize them you can turn them into a resource that you would like. Maybe make them disappear altogether. Or you could just vaporize the adult male population of the city and leave everyone else in good health. I guess it would depend on your objectives and goals.

If you were in my position, how would you have shared this information?

I'm sorry you had to either highlight the website address and right click on "go to" or copy the address and right click "paste" and then click "enter". That is just so inconvenient for you and completely ridiculous of me.

If you don't believe that anything can be done about this disaster, why read this thread? This is a doom and gloom post. Do you like worldly drama?
I see that you tried posting a picture of Japanese lead underwear, numerous times. You must think that it is important information, but I can not see why. Will you enlighten me?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

My pleasure and thank you for that link. I always like to feed my brain with bits of knowledge like that. It is an interesting name.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
mamahuhu so do u think u could have the Japanese miniturize that from 50 tons,, too say robotic size,,, and using the same FREQUENCY modulation,, change the rotation of some proton to make electrons?

just curious.

well at least there taliking

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Purplechive
Please Notice...

How the back of one of the workers shirt is blurred out and also the name on the side of the while van in this video. Rather peculiar...who is TEPCO trying to hide???

(Scroll down after pics and play video...)

photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

That video is scary. They are increasing the barrier height to control "rainwater"(?) they say. The cement foundations round the tanks aren't high enough? At two feet? Looks to me like they are preventing run off from the tanks in general.

That could be runoff from rain, (rain isn't generally radioactive though). More likely it is run off from leaks from the tanks themselves. Maybe during earthquakes. The water in those tanks would slosh back and forth inside those tanks pretty severely during a 7.2.

Heres what that is like in an open swimming pool…

About halfway thru the Tepco video you see them installing white "skirts" around the top of the tanks…
Bingo.

Is that to prevent the water from sloshing during earthquakes? At the end of the video we can see the rust stains on the side of the tanks at bolt holes. They are also using sand bags to block the road. Love the caulk gun. They are using caulk to stem the release of radioactive substances.

Fingers in the dike

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Purplechive
....winter is coming....freezing again....pipes break....and the tanks can't even hold up when it's warm.

Dang...wish I wasn't so pessimistic. I use to try and have "Happy Thoughts" a long time ago that Fuku would improve. That sure as hell is gone.

And yeah Intpr....neutrons from a particle accelerator....BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!!

Typhoons...Ice...snow...great conditions to start the delicate process of removing HOT spent nuclear fuel.

Oh well --- have a great day everyone!!

Anyone know where AC has gone??

- Purple Chive

edit on 24-10-2013 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

Hi Purplechive! Have you got an answer to your question re AC yet? Been a loooong time and no word!

Two days to go and we are into November! Has an actual date been set for the start of removal?
edit on 29/10/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Hey Wiser....haven't heard from AC - hope he's just taking a great Fall holiday!!

I think Unit 4 spent fuel removal to start November 10th.

- Purple Chive

edit on 29-10-2013 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

edit on 29-10-2013 by mamahuhu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Please don't mince my words. These are possibilities and haven't been created nor are they being worked on to my knowledge. Apologies to all for being a little off the topic.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

They do this always for the Reason of Anonymity!

Many People are angry with Tepco @ their related Companies+
the Subcontractors!

It is also a common behavior in the Japanese Media.

(post by Alekto removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
NATIONAL Tepco may use undamaged reactor buildings for water storage

. FUKUSHIMA – Tokyo Electric Power Co. may use the buildings housing the two undamaged reactors at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant as temporary storage for rainwater, Tepco Executive Vice President Yoshiyuki Ishizaki said.

Tepco is looking at whether the basements under reactors 5 and 6 can be used to temporarily store contaminated rainwater, Ishizaki, head of the company’s Fukushima Revitalization Headquarters, said Tuesday.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe asked Tepco in September to decommission the two reactors in addition to the four reactors that were heavily damaged in March 2011.

Tepco will decide on the fate of reactors 5 and 6 by the end of the year. The two reactors managed to avoid the meltdowns and hydrogen explosions that marked the beginning of the catastrophe.

pJapan Source

Actually this are very, very bad News when they start to do so!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This is a very interesting and informative website on the Fuk Disaster...

truth-out.org...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Yez, it is interesting. Heres an article in the link you brought about rainwater contaminating the site.

Makhijani: Well, I think the management of contaminated water has been deficient from the beginning. For some of us it was apparent back then, in 2011, that it was not such a good idea to accumulate millions of gallons of contaminated water on-site. I had suggested back then that they should buy a supertanker and put the water in the supertanker and have it sent elsewhere for filtration rather than storing so much contaminated water on-site, risking leaks and worker radiation, because all of this makes it very difficult for workers to work.
---
The latest problem that you're asking me about arose when there was a typhoon last week, which is a very, very severe storm and dumped an enormous amount of rain. And what that has done is in the areas that are highly contaminated with leaking water that was contained by berms and barriers, that containment basically got overtopped, and now we have quite contaminated water that's flowing onto other parts of the site and into the ocean,
---
Workers actually have a lot of work to do there. They're building buildings to replace the damaged structures from the explosions. They have to put up new cranes. They have to put up equipment to be able to extract the fuel, used fuel that's in the spent fuel pools. So there are thousands of people working on the site, and when you have events like this it makes it very difficult to manage the accident, much more difficult than if you did not have the problem with contaminated water.

truth-out.org/news/item/19584-radioactive-rainwater-overwhelms-fukishima-nuclear-plant

They added the tanks to store concentrated rad water on site because there was no alternative. Now the uphill storage tanks have begun leaking. Every time it rains the leaking water from the tanks is flushed down hill, re-contaminating the site.

Some screen captures I made back when:

Can't begin to see an alternative to current operations there. Unless they move the rad water out of those 1000 tanks and off site, it will continue to recontaminate the site where they are working every time it rains or storms. Until the spent fuel is removed from the site the need for ever more coolant waste water storage will only increase. Seems like an impossible quandary.

Reminded me of a well worn fable…

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Sorry, at work, and was only able to post the link, it's tough to work and be on ATS at the same time.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
mamahuhu - Practically, do you think that any of us have the ability to make reverse microwaves? Is there an easy way to reverse the tubes in a microwave oven to produce the right sort of inverted microwaves which might save us all from the deadly radiation about to be unleashed?

Really, it is all very well telling us on ATS about these things, but I wonder if Tepco are still checking out this thread? I also wonder if they can be bothered to use the technology even if it works and even if it is do-able on such a scale as they need. I and others have suggested Browns Gas which, it is said, has radiation-killing properties and would probably be a lot more safe to use under the circumstances perhaps.

If the past is anything to go by, I highly doubt that they want to find a solution at this point in time since they have not opened up the whole subject to the worlds scientists until recently. Now when they decide to appeal for help, how will they accept that help and will they follow the advice which is given?

If our previous speculations and thoughts on the secrets held within Fukushima are correct, there will be many "National Security" issues which have to be resolved before the Japanese will do anything more than talk about a solution with the scientists from other counties. I feel it is a case of being seen to be asking for help from the international community rather than actually accepting that help, but I hope I am mistaken and they intend to put that advice into practice.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join