It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China sends ship to Syria.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Dragging ourselves back to reality....

The Mediteranean is a sea controlled by NATO. If things got stressed, NATO could put rather alot of pretty worrying aircraft into the skies above any part of the Mediterranean.

Not wishing to spoil the fun of those who think a few Russian warships can change the world. They cannot.

Regards

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
With all these countries sending in their ships, I'm still waiting for the rapture to start....

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Not very far away. Iran has an interesting problem with the Kilo class. They aren't very long legged, and they can only access some of the gulf. The Kilo requires a minimum of 164 feet of water.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

The Mediteranean is a sea controlled by NATO. If things got stressed, NATO could put rather alot of pretty worrying aircraft into the skies above any part of the Mediterranean.

Not wishing to spoil the fun of those who think a few Russian warships can change the world. They cannot.

Regards

Purely from an objective point of view....

Russian and Chinese naval vessels in the med are as secure as a wet paper wrapping!

I don't want to see violence but... these ships are very vulnerable to Davy Jones

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
With all these countries sending in their ships, I'm still waiting for the rapture to start....

Do vaporized bodies counts as being "Raptured"

or should that just be "Ruptured"

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceVindicator

Look, if you go back and read some of my posts you will see that I have been pretty scared over the past -> NK conflict, now this.

Something I have seen is that well most users here don't want to see good news, its all filled with saber rattling. And WW3 crap.

Half the ships Russia is sending where passing there anyway. Or heading back. If # happens, # happens, nothing we can do to make it do otherwise.

But keeping the boards alive with doom scenario's isn't healthy for you either. ( Not that I accuse you of this )

Look Putin went to the G20, Obama went to the G20, talks are open and if some people would actually listen to some posters here who are affiliated with the Military ( connections ) You would know that Russia isn't in any shape to conduct a war.

Let alone America, the troops are working with broken material and the troops are highly demoralized.

All is possible but WW3, nah. But then again I blame ATS for opening a forum called WW3, it only feeds the... well you know

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Purely from an objective point of view....

Russian and Chinese naval vessels in the med are as secure as a wet paper wrapping!

I don't want to see violence but... these ships are very vulnerable to Davy Jones

And what exactly do Chinese and Russian ships have to fear in the Med?

Unless a third party goes off the deep end (Iran launches on Israel, etc.), the Russians, Chinese, and NATO aren't going to be warring over Syria.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thats interesting. Thanks for that.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Your spot on Zaphod, this is not an aggressive move by China. The class of ship simply indicates that. The Chinese would be frothing at the intel opportunity. They will just sit there and study the US.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

paraphi

Regards

I think the Russians deserve a lot more credit than that . They wouldn`t send them out unless they knew they could deal with a few flies .

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lambchop

That's one of the reasons the Air Force isn't allowed to use most of their systems during training. In one Exercise French aircraft were found to be orbiting around the edges of the "combat" area recording every emission they could.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

r0nsix
is this about Syria or is it about usa on the verge of breaking international laws?
Russia and china are the good guys if they are standing up to an illegal aggressor.
the sad thing is 90% respect international laws.
I say regime change in usa ,uk is needed to get rid of the terrorists

I would say pretty much , once the un confirm that chemical weapons where used, it should then go to The UN Security Council which Russia and/ or China will veto

If the America acts with her allies they are Breaking International Law

Thing is all this movement already

Without Any Evidence Of Who Delivered/ Used Chemical Weapons

So really How can the us Senate/ Congress Vote to use Limited Response Without any ???

Riouz

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by butcherguy

It wasn't an LDP? The San Antonio class's marine compliment is about 250?
Plymouth Rock was a Thomaston class Dock Landing Ship. References list troop compliment at 300, but I never saw more than 250 Marines embarked. IT also lists armament of 4 twin 3'' 50 mounts and 6 twin 20mm mounts. When I was on it in the early 1980's it had 2 twin 3'' 50 mounts and no 20 mm AA at all. They added chaffroc to 'guard' against air attack.

I was in error in labeling the Chinese ship as an L S D, it is indeed an LPD.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

marhaba
Looks like this will be an interesting theater, i wonder who's going next, maybe India can send one also as an "observer"?

India already send it's Destroyers and Frigates to the Coast of Persian Gulf

Totally four ships are Deployed

Notwithstanding the turmoil in West Asia and the crisis in Syria, four battleships from the western fleet of the Indian Navy are all set to leave for a month-long deployment in the western part of the Indian Ocean, going up to the coast of Africa and the Persian Gulf.

Unlike last year's western fleet deployment, this year the four warships, including a Delhi-class destroyer and a stealth frigate, will not go into the Red Sea and cross the Suez Canal to enter the western Mediterranean, because of the Syrian crisis.The Stealth frigate INS Teg is on anti-piracy patrolling duty in the Gulf of Aden, from where it can rush to Syria

Navy to deploy western command ships in Persian Gulf

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm not going to argue that the Chinese decided to posture themselves. What worries me is if someone does something stupid like have a drill with ballistic missiles that happens to light the powder keg. Can we please be sensible nations? If we can't its clear its because they have and always hd these intentions all along. It doesnt take a constitutional law scholar to know this is UTTERLY STUPID.

That being said, what was this pic from the article?

I don't think that's a real missile or mortar. Any suggestions?
edit on 5-9-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

justwokeup
reply to post by wrabbit2000

As far as I know they have 3 Kilo Class submarines as well.

Makes you wonder where they currently are.

Wherever Russia tells them to be.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
International gridlock is more like it. How many war ships can there be in the area without it going hot?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

It's a DIY weapon the rebels made, designed to fire propane tanks as projectiles called the Hell Cannon.

brown-moses.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Oh thanks for the link. Scrappy indeed, I wonder how battle tested its been thus far. So I suppose it wouldn't be that difficult to modify one with Sarin gas.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

China has reportedly sent warships to the coast of Syria to “observe” the actions of US and Russian ships as tensions build in preparation for a potential military strike on Syria which could come as soon as next week.

Okay, so China is sending this ship to observe the Russian and American navies. In Chinese lingo, this means that the ship is going to literally be there to observe.

However, the Chinese are adaptable and not linear in their thinking. Therefore, the ship is being placed there to observe, and to act if the need arises.

Observing to the Chinese doesn't mean it is going sight-seeing.

It means they think the situation is relevant enough to have a ship in the area to observe, and depending on the situation, get involved.
edit on 6-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join