It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China sends ship to Syria.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

An LPD equivalent isn't going to intervene in any way. The San Antonio class, which is the closest equivalent, carries 30mm Bushmaster guns, Mk 46 30mm, and two RIM-116 launchers for self defense. They are command and control ships, and docks for the Marines. The Chinese ship is similar, with almost no offensive weapons, or at least not enough to do anything before she gets hammered.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Rosinitiate

It's a DIY weapon the rebels made, designed to fire propane tanks as projectiles called the Hell Cannon.

brown-moses.blogspot.com...

Also looks like propaganda airbrushing..

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IamSirDrinksalot

There is actually video of it in use. It works. It looks like it doesn't and that it shouldn't but I've seen video of it in use.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks for the vid.
Have you seen any info on what they are using as a propellant charge.
The call it an explosive barrel cannon, but just what are they burning in the barrel?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I haven't found a lot of details about it, other than they're using propane tanks as "warheads". I'm still looking into it to try to find more. I'll post it as I find it.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
Gee, I think Kim over in North Korea should be making an appearance any time now. He's about the only player in this global game who hasn't thrown an opinion into the pot since the most recent developments. Maybe some DPRK troops to add to the mix-master?

It's getting to be a regular United Nations out there, in the worst ways.

Kim would love to have sent his ship...err navy to Syria; however, atm they are currently working to help panama train their border patrol

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

reply to post by butcherguy

I haven't found a lot of details about it, other than they're using propane tanks as "warheads". I'm still looking into it to try to find more. I'll post it as I find it.

Reminds me of,,,,

the old days.invention mother of neccesity, and all that

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watchfull
Looks like the school bully is in for a beating

Never late than never

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What if Syria is actually where an alien ship landed and is openly declaring war with the earth, and is actually attacking us right now, causing our first intergalactic war. And the earth knows it is best to keep the public out of the loop so they make it out like its a chemical thing, and that the other ships are observers, but in reality the world superpowers are teaming up to destroy our space enemies. Yeah far fetched but I couldn't help it.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Chinese ships...

present to snatch technology from the rubble of any destroyed ships and planes, monitor US electronic defenses, learn our codes
edit on 6-9-2013 by penninja because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by honested3
What if Syria is actually where an alien ship landed and is openly declaring war with the earth, and is actually attacking us right now, causing our first intergalactic war. And the earth knows it is best to keep the public out of the loop so they make it out like its a chemical thing, and that the other ships are observers, but in reality the world superpowers are teaming up to destroy our space enemies. Yeah far fetched but I couldn't help it.

LOL what If... The Aliens are Islamic and here to announce Allah as God?

Wouldn't that be a real thorn in our buttocks lol

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A great big "I told you so" to the people who said this would/could not trigger WWIII

I sent this message to the Pres at the WH and a smiliar message to my congressman and senator:

PLEASE do NOT attack Syria. It is clear from Russia's and Iran's response that it WILL trigger a major war. Is the killing of millions really worth "saving face"?
Our troops are war weary, we already can't fund another war and how can you even consider letting our troops be mercenaries for some middle eastern country? Now it looks like you are even afraid to hear from congress as it is being considered to drop the vote on the issue. It is quite clear from the calls and messages from the American people that 99.9% of the American people OPPOSE getting involved in a 3 year old civil war. I question the sanity of considering going ahead with this in the face of Russia and Iran threatening to get involved and the ENTIRE world saying don't do it!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

And when this DOESN'T start WWIII I'm going to enjoy more than you can imagine going to every thread about it and posting I told you so to every one of you that has been screaming ermagherd! Wez gerna die! WWIII!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Zaph give up, It seems people only want to see/hear bad news. It seems the whole forum is Hyped up by the thought of WW3.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
With all fairness it has been decades since the USA AND Russia have been so at odds, and all we HAVE been hearing is bad news..we have Chinese, Russian and NATO warships all in the same vicinity, US and Russian troops just off the coast, people have a right to feel nervous . I for one do not believe there will be a confrontation, but the risk is there.
edit on 6-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

And I'm going to keep doing my damndest to interject a little reason wherever I can. Even when it pisses me off to no end. Someone around here has to do it.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Sure it is, and yes it has been a long time since the US and Russia have been in this position, but you know what? We've been a LOT closer in the past, and are still here. Neither country wants a war, and will do what they can to prevent it. I don't think we'll see a confrontation, but if something does happen, I see both sides doing everything they can to keep it limited and from going bigger.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

reply to post by all2human

Sure it is, and yes it has been a long time since the US and Russia have been in this position, but you know what? We've been a LOT closer in the past, and are still here. Neither country wants a war, and will do what they can to prevent it. I don't think we'll see a confrontation, but if something does happen, I see both sides doing everything they can to keep it limited and from going bigger.

Although I would agree attacking Syria doesn't by any means indicate the start of WWIII, one shouldn't ignore the reality of unintended consequences. That said, everything (to me) seems to indicate that we will likely not attack Syria without another False Flag first because the last one didn't work as planned......

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Oh, the last thing I'm ignoring is unintended consequences. But if you look at what happened during the cold war, with the shoot downs by the Soviets, the times both sides had valid launch orders, and just how close we really came, and the things we were able to look the other way about, it's a lot more than Syria. Even if something does happen, and there's an incident between the US and Russia, there's no reason that they can't work it out and back the situation down, even with the two egomaniacs involved.

With the current state of the Russian military (the real state, not the fanboy state), the last thing Russia wants for the next few years at least, is any kind of major war. They know that they can't win it, unless it's on their home turf, and they can use their natural advantages in their favor, and invading Russia is the last thing the US would do. No matter who is in charge, they just aren't that stupid.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
well the AeyeAtoldya,,this guy,

,www.bbc.co.uk...
Iran foreign minister Zarif tweets happy Jewish new year,,,

so ya who knows whats going on,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join