It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate CMTE Passes Syria Authorization

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Incorrect. There are no Spec Ops on the ground right now in Syria for "targeting"..I

Yeah let's talk about 'ignorance'.

Read this:

GLTD III Ground Laser Target Designator T h e Ground Laser Target Designator (GLTD) II performed with distinction in both Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. This rugged and reliable tactical laser was used by Special Operations Forces, Joint Terminal Attack Controllers, and Forward Air Controllers under difficult wartime conditions to designate high value and time sensitive targets for precision munitions engagement in both Afghanistan and Iraq. The results significantly contributed to coalition success in both conflicts and allowed quick and precise destruction of enemy forces with minimal collateral damage.

www.northropgrumman.com...
edit on 4-9-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Love how everyone is screaming "WAR CRIMES!" and how this is another "Iraq War" in the making...

Effing hilarious..

The only war crimes committed was when Assad decided to gas an entire Damascus neighborhood killing thousands of innocent people.

What do you people not understand about NO BOOTS ON THE GROUND? These strikes will most likely consist of Tomahawk missiles which are pretty darn accurate.

It doesn't matter who used those Chemical weapons, they need to be taken out.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

move to more substance oriented debate.

Accepted

In fairness...They didn't see Benghazi coming...neither the who or when

Really ?

Since you mentioned Libya...that is the model to examine for Syria.

If were to model Syria on the back of Libya, were all in for a hairy ride, buckle your boots, #s about to get real.

The big difference with Syria over Libya, is her neighbors and allies.

You do understand Libya is now in the worse situation it has ever had, in its entire history. so the so called right thing to do in Libya has turn out to be the worse possible thing to do, and you still think bombing Syria is the way forward ?

The only way to ever subdue Libya now, is for a strong dictator to control and crush the tribal differences and factions, which was already in place with Gaddafi who was semi westernized, we sent Libya back 200 years.
Do you know what Gaddafi did to radical religious fundamentalist who threaten his nation and fellow country men, he hanged them and it worked, till the west armed and trained and funded them.

Libya is now in fact a serious cluster f#ck, and is basically one big AQ/brotherhood training base, thanks to operation liberate Libya.

We have a even more deadly situation about to take place in Syria, places like Syria need a strong dictator leader to control the many factions, which we already have in Syria, and Assad is westernized and western educated and is protecting the Christians unlike the rebels who like to eat body parts and chop heads of Christians and anyone who doesn't convert, but Assad wouldn't play nice with the oil and gas mafia and stuck his finger up at the petrodollar, so they called a hit on him like Gaddafi and Saddam, leaving rebels to rip the infrastructure of the nation to pieces, which i believe is the whole purpose of these so called limited bombing campaigns.

Surely you see this ?

As for boots on the ground, are you really that naive to think we never had boots on the ground in Libya before and at the time and after the bombing invasion to liberate a nation (lol), and you do know far as boots on the ground in Syria, American and Brits have had boots on the ground since 2010, you do know for the past year, over 1000 Americans have been based in Jordan and turkey training rebels right ?

And that sir, is my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski

You do understand Libya is now in the worse situation it has ever had, in its entire history. so the so called right thing to do in Libya has turn out to be the worse possible thing to do, and you still think bombing Syria is the way forward ?

They damn well should have
respected our Diplomats with both ears
then shouldn't they.

If they really think we're the devil,
then let's send em to hell!

Mike

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
reply to post by Indigo5

If were to model Syria on the back of Libya, were all in for a hairy ride, buckle your boots, #s about to get real.

The big difference with Syria over Libya, is her neighbors and allies.

You do understand Libya is now in the worse situation it has ever had, in its entire history.

Apparently you failed to read the rest of my post? Just like you failed to quote it? To afford yourself the illusion that I had not already explained the dangers of repeating a Libya scenario?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

Incorrect. There are no Spec Ops on the ground right now in Syria for "targeting"..I

Yeah let's talk about 'ignorance'.

Read this:

GLTD III Ground Laser Target Designator T h e Ground Laser Target Designator (GLTD) II performed with distinction in both Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. This rugged and reliable tactical laser was used by Special Operations Forces, Joint Terminal Attack Controllers, and Forward Air Controllers under difficult wartime conditions to designate high value and time sensitive targets for precision munitions engagement in both Afghanistan and Iraq. The results significantly contributed to coalition success in both conflicts and allowed quick and precise destruction of enemy forces with minimal collateral damage.

www.northropgrumman.com...
edit on 4-9-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

For effs sake I had brother involved in Targeting in Afghanistan...ignorance.

I understand Spec Ops and targeting, plus Sat imagery and CIA assets.

Afghanistan's disperse geography, remote location of AQ training and camps and lack of centralized, sophisticated Gov. Defense infrastructure afforded Spec Ops on the ground targeting.

Syria is a different animal altogether. We don't have Spec Ops operators camping in the cities. We have extensive CIA assets, likely even placed within the Assad regime, folks that asked to defect, but were paid to stay put. There have been 100's of officers and military personnel that have defected to the rebels, of course some of them were left in place for intelligence. Having Spec Ops teams walking the streets of Syrian cities is not the same as Spec Ops teams in the mountains of Afghanistan targeting AQ camps. We have sufficient intel via CIA assets and Sat imagery, plus NSA taps...the same ones that are being used as evidence of Assad being responsible for the Chem Weapons use.

Now...I know that is all logic...and logic offends you often...but that is still reality.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

Originally posted by Mamatus
Yup, The Senate just approved a vote to go to Syria. Just saw it on CNN no link. They claim no boots on the ground are approved. Taking a vote next week in the Senate.

Meanwhile, John McCain is so happy, he is in the toilet masturbating in joy over the coming mega bruha with the russkies. The man still thinks it is the 60s around him.

ha ha ha
made coffee come out my nose!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join