It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate CMTE Passes Syria Authorization

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Cheney and Bush Jr are sitting in their La-Z-Boy chairs right now laughing their asses off.

This will certainly take the heat and attention off of their war crimes..... now that someone else is rinsing and repeating.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Expect strikes within the next 2 to 24 hours.

Its a new moon and they pushed it through quickly to take advantage of that, guaranteed.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
They approved it but congress still has to vote on whether to go through or not.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

If it is going to happen I would prefer that you are correct over myself. I think it won't happen until "voted" on by the full Senate. However, if "They" jump the gun and strike early it will at least wake a few more people up to just how freaking screwed we all are. Politicians have not represented the Will of the People for a long time. The more proof there is of that the better.

I still think Honey Boo Boo probably had more viewers than the hearings

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Looks like the US is trying to break England's record for most invasions....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Congress will vote against a strike and Obama will fold. And then there will be a false-flag attack, probably chemical, probably in London.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I just watched the whole hearing and I just want to say I feel nauseous, seriously. Does anyone else feel anxiety after this?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I wonder if the "Revolution will be Televised"? Like the Gulf War was. Anyone up for some "Shock and Awe" with your popcorn?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
reply to post by Mamatus

The Senate just approved a vote to go to Syria.

No one in the white house has a clue what happen in Benghazi, but they all knew exactly what happen in Syria and who done it within 24 hours.

Amazing, good stuff America.

This is by far the best post I have read today concerning this subject! Well said Sir!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
reply to post by Mamatus

The Senate just approved a vote to go to Syria.

No one in the white house has a clue what happen in Benghazi, but they all knew exactly what happen in Syria and who done it within 24 hours.

Amazing, good stuff America.

In fairness...They didn't see Benghazi coming...neither the who or when...vs. having a year to tap and intercept Syrian Military and Gov. Officials phones.

The centerpiece of the US evidence is a collection of audio communications between Syrian Military and Syrian Gov. Officials discussing the Chemical Weapons and deployment. That is why everyone who has heard and seen the evidence does not doubt it.

Iraq = One defectors "story" was the basis for the false WMD intelligence that led to invasion.
Syria = Clear as day physical evidence, thousands of witnesses, doctors etc, tissue samples and audio recordings of Military and Gov. discussing the deployment.

All of the above is a separate question as to intervention or non-intervention...I am still on the fence. But I have zero doubt that the Syrian Gov. used Chemical Weapons.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

Originally posted by Mamatus
Yup, The Senate just approved a vote to go to Syria. Just saw it on CNN no link. They claim no boots on the ground are approved. Taking a vote next week in the Senate.

Meanwhile, John McCain is so happy, he is in the toilet masturbating in joy over the coming mega bruha with the russkies. The man still thinks it is the 60s around him.

McCain is years overdue for retirement. Thank God he never became POTUS...

You can't make these headlines up...I though it was BS, but no...he admits it.

McCain plays poker on iPhone during Syria hearing
www.usatoday.com...

Shortly afterward, McCain came clean in a sarcastic tweet posted on his Twitter account that began with the word, "Scandal!"

McCain wrote that he'd been caught playing on his phone during a hearing that, he quickly pointed out, exceeded three hours.

The senator added, "Worst of all, I lost!"

edit on 4-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

In fairness...They didn't see Benghazi coming..

Didn't see it coming ?

WHAT THE HELL ?

What did the administration think was going to happen after they bombed the hell out of Libya ?

Geezus.
edit on 4-9-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy
I just watched the whole hearing and I just want to say I feel nauseous, seriously. Does anyone else feel anxiety after this?

Well, exposing yourself to the bleak presence of pure evil for three hours from such CFR cronies and war mongers, have severe side effects. One of them is strong anxiety and nausea and..the need to baaaarf...

edit on 4-9-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by Mamatus
Yup, The Senate just approved a vote to go to Syria. Just saw it on CNN no link. They claim no boots on the ground are approved. Taking a vote next week in the Senate.

Meanwhile, John McCain is so happy, he is in the toilet masturbating in joy over the coming mega bruha with the russkies. The man still thinks it is the 60s around him.

McCain is years overdue for retirement. Thank God he never became POTUS...

You can't make these headlines up...I though it was BS, but no...he admits it.

McCain plays poker on iPhone during Syria hearing
www.usatoday.com...

Shortly afterward, McCain came clean in a sarcastic tweet posted on his Twitter account that began with the word, "Scandal!"

McCain wrote that he'd been caught playing on his phone during a hearing that, he quickly pointed out, exceeded three hours.

The senator added, "Worst of all, I lost!"

A/ Don´t worry, all this is a bad dream, go back to sleep.

B/ Don´t worry, due to some mishaps at your local nuclear plant, you are temporarly in a parallell universe, experiencing the side effects of strong radiation. That is not our President. Clinton is our true president. Go back to sleep and you will wake up, with her smiling back at you, through your flat screen TV, while her husband is banging Lewinski behind the scenes in the good old american way.

C/ Don´t worry. This is hell. Just endure and finish that bowl of Monsanto swills ASAP. You have work waiting in the local salt mines.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

In fairness...They didn't see Benghazi coming..

Didn't see it coming ?

WHAT THE HELL ?

What did the administration think was going to happen after they bombed the hell out of Libya ?

Geezus.

Since you mentioned Libya...that is the model to examine for Syria. We bombed and armed rebels on the ground, just like we plan on doing in Syria. No boots on the ground. One of the unexpected outcomes of Libya was the "inadvertent" arming of extremists...As the CIA annex that was attacked was part of a larger operation to recover rocket launchers that the US Gov. supplied or paid for (to arm the rebels) which had landed in the hands of extremists.

Lesson there...We can't track weapons. We might arm the "moderate" rebels, but that doesn't mean that they won't find their way to the extremists.

We also shouldn't rush to set up embassies post revolution (if the rebels win) just to lend credibility to the new gov. Whatever the outcome in Syria, it will be unstable and dangerous in the near future whoever is in charge.

Actually the air attack, Drones/Missiles, absent boots on the ground (like Libya) poses less risk IMO than the "arm the rebels" component which isn't getting much airtime. It's not possible to fully filter the extremists from the moderates amongst the rebels...that's where the gamble is.

Just my 2 cents...and of course I assume you were baiting in your post, but thought I would take the opportunity to move to more substance oriented debate.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Since you mentioned Libya...that is the model to examine for Syria.

Seriously ?

Fine lets use the Libya 'model' for Syria. No wait. We already have.We armed the rebels that were AQ. You know those people who beat the hell out of Gadaffi. Then dragged him through the streets of Tripoli.

Sorry that wasn't 'unexpected' they knew who the rebels were, and what they were all about , just like the rebels in Syria.

The lesson here is to stop repeating the ASININE crap from the 80s in Afghanistan. That lead us to Syria.

Actually the air attack, Drones/Missiles, absent boots on the ground (like Libya) poses less risk IMO than the "arm the rebels" component which isn't getting much airtime. It's not possible to fully filter the extremists from the moderates amongst the rebels...that's where the gamble is.

Seriously ?

There are boots on the ground right now. Spec ops that designate the targets. Just like they did in Afghanistan.

Anyone who think Amercans are not on the ground right now. Is repeating administration talking points. Who really don't have a damn idea how the military works;.

Just my 2 cents...and of course I assume you were baiting in your post, but thought I would take the opportunity to move to more substance oriented debate.

Awesome. So where is the substance ?

All I saw was someone parroting the administration.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo, I have to agree....the first time I heard "There are no boots on the ground..." I quietly thought to myself.....Yeah, RIGHT........They have probably been there since or before the Embassies closed, and are supposedly still closed........

Can't comment on the other stuff, I'm a late comer to all of this political bull$hit, I never even listened to any of it, for 30 years, and now I know why, It's too infuriating.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Thank you, I seriously literally did.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy

Well, exposing yourself to the bleak presence of pure evil for three hours from such CFR cronies and war mongers, have severe side effects. One of them is strong anxiety and nausea and..the need to baaaarf...

but now you just made me feel better.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Incorrect. There are no Spec Ops on the ground right now in Syria for "targeting"..It's not the same layout, scenario or situation as Afghanistan. There are paid local CIA assets in Syria.

The rest of your post is exactly what I always expect...Can't help vitriol wrapped in prideful ignorance.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join