It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate CMTE Passes Syria Authorization

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yup, The Senate just approved a vote to go to Syria. Just saw it on CNN no link. They claim no boots on the ground are approved. Taking a vote next week in the Senate.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Looks like the hearing is still going on: live feed

ETA:

Just saw at the bottom of CSPAN here the approval for action.

BREAKING NEWS: Senate Foreign Relations Cmte. Approves Limited Resolution for Use of Force Against Syria
CSPAN

The Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Wednesday approved a resolution authorizing a U.S. military response to chemical weapons use by Syria, sending the measure to the full chamber for debate next week. The vote was 10 to 7.
CNN
edit on 4-9-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Still talking but the vote to move to a Full Senate hearing has been approved. Only three Republicans offered a yes vote.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

The Senate just approved a vote to go to Syria.

No one in the white house has a clue what happen in Benghazi, but they all knew exactly what happen in Syria and who done it within 24 hours.

Amazing, good stuff America.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Awesome.

Once they attack Syria then Iran can be free to engage because Wikipedia tells me that Syria and Iran are allies...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
reply to post by Mamatus

The Senate just approved a vote to go to Syria.

No one in the white house has a clue what happen in Benghazi, but they all knew exactly what happen in Syria and who done it within 24 hours.

Amazing, good stuff America.

This says it all.

Seriously.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Did we honestly expect any different ?!

Of course the vote will be "yea"... these guys want to continue to see their paychecks.

The Rothchilds won't sign the paycheck of anyone who votes "no".

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Bombs make the world a safer place apparently. Caught the tail end and I find it kind of stunning how arrogant we are about our place in the world.

link   
This stinks and it stinks badly. There was a time when it took skill for a politician to flatly ignore the Will of the People and sell a bogus war. Now days the freaking politicians do not even bother hiding their blatant manipulations of The People.

It makes me very sad that there is no longer anything that can be done to cage our dogs. The bastards have run as amok as a wolf pack in a cattle yard.

Seriously just WTF can any of us really do besides whine here?

link   
At this point we can expect it go to through with next weeks vote.

Kerry says during the - LIVE on C-SPAN: House Hearing on Military Force in Syria- " the world expects of us". I guess the world expects Team America huh?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Just saw this in the headlines on a news site. You beat me to it.
Just in time for tonight's New Moon and Rosh Hashana.
People have been saying today would be the day.

ETA: You think they'll wait for a full Senate vote next week, or start things tonight?

edit on 9/4/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

edit on 9/4/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: edit to add

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Wasnt part of the whole "Obama chope" wave based on the world expecting us to go around bombing people?

I thought we didnt like that the world expected us to act in this way?

Kerry's proud of it now?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Yup, The Senate just approved a vote to go to Syria. Just saw it on CNN no link. They claim no boots on the ground are approved. Taking a vote next week in the Senate.

Meanwhile, John McCain is so happy, he is in the toilet masturbating in joy over the coming mega bruha with the russkies. The man still thinks it is the 60s around him.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I do not think today will be the day. The Rabid Dogs will take this to the full Senate in an attempt to prove to the average, mindless, Honey Boo Boo Watching Americans that will somehow believe that this is the Will of the People.

Watching those hearings brought a whole new meaning to insane.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

He was playing Video poker and "Winning thousands of dollars". All while telling Americans that the conflict will go "Regional" as the entire Middle East is a problem.

Makes me sick.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Fox News is reporting Congressional panel approves of using force in Syria.

Effing repeat of Afghanistan in the 80s that created this entire cluster F.

Dammit.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Stallone says there's a new Rambo in the works.

Gets sent to Syria to help the rebels oust Assad?

Then tens year later we can write off the new liberated Syria as a rogue nation run by extremists and invade it for 'merica.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Actually he said he lost that game and lost thousands of dollars....... but he said earlier today he didn't support Obama on this yet he voted yes!?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Afghanistan broke Russia's financial back. It is breaking the USA's and the funny part? Unlike Afghanistan It is quite likely Syria and it's allies may actually shoot back with something beside IED's and AK's.

Going to Syria is not like going to be like any of our previous experiences in the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
reply to post by Mamatus

Actually he said he lost that game and lost thousands of dollars....... but he said earlier today he didn't support Obama on this yet he voted yes!?

Doh! You are correct. Sorry I am quite tired and somewhat dyslexic in thoughts and type as a result.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join