It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are YOU so mad?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
good night all you pissed off people....

Good night and sweet dreams to you.
Try not to let the world situation interfere with your sleep process.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
How can you hate them when you don't know them?

I know them. I've gotten to know them by how they have presented themselves on mass media.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think there is a fine line between hate and being intolerant of crap in life in general.....this is a point of view topic.
That being said it's all in the eye of the beholder wee lad.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I know them. I've gotten to know them by how they have presented themselves on mass media.

You think you know them. Watching someone perform speeches, walking and waving, and doing press conferences on television is not knowing someone.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

Great friggin Scotts McFly~

Some people in this thread I would also openly admit that I hate but TOS has got their back..... this time only. I literally would prefer to hear news that they were in a tragic accident and rendered incapable of using the computer due to physical disadvantages than see another post from them, but maybe that's just me hating myself for being freaking fabulous and them being detestably ignorant partisan harlequins.... according to your theory

That a little brash... Can I ask, do you know these people in "this" forum that you "hate" and where does the hate stem from? You can tell me if you hate me I care less... The last part of your response was very disturbing as, how can you hate someone you only read via words interpreted through reading?

Sure you can attain a certain disposition a person takes as a stance in life but~

Can you really gauge a person via typed words. Just the same how can pre-judgements be validated w/o really "knowing someone".

It's the internet, some people are real and some just put on a mask...

Please advise~

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I've had the good fortune to meet quite a few celebrities.

Some, are exactly how you picture them. Others, completely different. Due to this, it is impossible for me to say I "hate" someone I've never personally met.

For example, I can think of two people who I used to really respect but after meeting them....not so much. Chris Sarandon (Humperdink in The Princess Bride) and Mira Firlan (crazy French lady on LOST and D'Lynn on Babylon 5). Mr. Sarandon seemed to feel "soiled" by meeting fans, and Ms. Firlan just seemed agitated. Even still, can't say I "hate" them based on this. They could have been having a bad day, who knows? I mean, if you met me on the day my cat died, you probably wouldn't like me either, for example.

Some we met this past weekend....
(most of these, it's my wife in the pic, or me, or both)

Garrett Wang (Star Trek Voyager), one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet (and does a KILLER George Takei impersonation)

Michael Rooker (Merle on The Walking Dead), also a nice guy, who would have guessed Merle loves hugs?

William Shatner (Star Trek, Original), actually a pretty quiet guy when not onstage.

Malcolm McDowell (Clockwork Orange, tons of things), a true gentleman.

Traci Lords (known for, other things, but also a Sci-Fi actress and musician...she has songs on Sci-Fi movies like Mortal Kombat and Virtuosity, for example), really nice lady, and loves talking about her music.

Adam Savage (Mythbusters). Adam is a true geek's geek. Even though a celeb, he was still geeking out at almost everything at conventions. If you get the chance to talk to him, he loves debating long-time geek arguments.

edit on 4-9-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm not mad. I'm just a little crazy.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

Originally posted by stormdancer777

Originally posted by FlyersFan

It's funny FF, but I don't feel the hate even for the world leaders, I am at an odd stage.

Either you are numb from it all ... or you are a better person than I am.

I think I am numb.

When I watch the world and the people making the decisions, I am in shock, that's it I am in shock

Seems like a bad movie.
edit on 113030p://bWednesday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Apathy. That's all it is, the next stage after hate.

What comes after apathy?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I get mad because people are so stupid and it just irritates me because it's not as if people don't have the tools to increase their knowledge, people just decide that they're happy to stay stupid.

Someone asked me the other day what Air Force One's callsign is. Air Force One's callsign is Air Force One. That's why it's called that. Turns out they meant registration number. I mean, they could have just googled it, it would have made them look less stupid and the answer is there on the AF1 wiki page but obviously they can't quite handle the fact that you can search things now.

Maybe my response would be better in the rants forum
but yeah, that's why I get mad, because other people are people are ignorant & stupid

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Florasaurus

Technically, any USAF aircraft the President is on is call sign "Air Force One"...not just that specific plane.

And, there are TWO of those planes.

But I get your point....

edit on 4-9-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm not a hateful person, but honestly, I found it much easier to "hate" people I never met. Because it's not real hate, it's frustration, anger, impatience, dislike or even some personal things boiling at the moment in my mind. It's very easy to hate in an abstract way, I guess is a way of releasing some steam. After a bad day I "hate" almost everything and everyone on TV or internet (I don't necessarily express that
) But that's just a bad day, not real hate. I guess we mostly project our inner state unto others. Why we like people we never met?

In real life I realize I don't hate a soul. Personal interaction even with the most rude and unlikeable people makes me somehow get a glimpse into their reasons, their situations, makes me understand them somehow, and if you understand somebody you cannot hate them. Some kind of empathy is taking place, that shows me the turmoil behind the bad words or actions. I can get angry, or sad, or frustrated, but that little voice tells me 'oh, you know is not personal, they do the right thing by their books", so I can't hate them for real.

Hate is like a cancer, eating away your soul, making you a monster. But then again, the person confronting me may be in the same situation, not having control of it's feelings, so how can I get it personal?

edit on 4-9-2013 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Where is the root?

What causes this feeling of anger and hatred?

Is it action or lack there of?

I need explanations....

im a child for F**# sake...

edit on 4-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Duality. No common ground where the two opposing views can meet. People who believe in honesty will have a problem with people who are dishonest for specific reasons to gain them advantage. There is a lot of spiritual information about accepting other people views since they can have other pieces of the puzzle that you do not have.

I am not sure I am buying the being tolerant to intolerance. And for me the truth can be found/calculated if you just seek it without/with limited preconceived ideas and you will at least be in the ballpark of the real thing/understanding.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by greavsie1971

reply to post by greavsie1971

A lot of threads are just annoying to read due to the hatred you see in them.

Where?

Are you being serious?

It isn't any worse around here then it ever was.

this will explain it to you.

youtu.be...

My response

edit on 4-9-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Akragon

Um ... that's not my quote.

Does it make you sad that I hate those people? Why?
Religious leaders say not to hate because then the evil in those people have touched your soul.
Don't hate so evil doesn't touch your soul.

I'm supposed to hate what they do .. not hate THEM.
But I'm not at that level spiritually to be able to always do that.

And right now I hate them for what they are about to do to all of us and to the world.
If all they did was something that effected them .... I wouldn't hate them.
But it directly hurts me. That's MY RED LINE.
It's not how jesus would handle it I"m sure. BUt there it is.
And I feel no guilt.

I have not been able to be all all loving to people that are rapists, greedy to a degree that is insane or small minded to dualistic views that put them in the same boat as Hitler and the nazis.

Jesus had his own answer.

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ 44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Jesus had another temper issue there, where he went a bit to far into duality himself creating a nondualist vs dualist viewpoint.

My answer is that as long as a person is a small minded being with a big ego then I do not need to tolerate or listen to what they say. Some people you can tolerate from a distance when you do not need to listen to the insanity they bring since being around them is such an insane roller coaster.

But from my point of view at one point all souls are gonna understand something and change because of it. Would you hate Hitlers soul when it is empathetic and loving child to all around it. because it have had a wonderful upbringing and is pushing it energy:s into constructive things, instead of hate full duality creating us vs them situations? I might not be able to love what a soul is right now or even what humanity is as a whole. But the potential and what humanity is gonna become.
edit on 4-9-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Humans are control freaks. They believe they can control what is happening. When people or things are not doing what they want them to be doing they freak out (not speaking about anyone personally - just explaining what can happen) - then there is irritation. The irritation and frustration manifests as anger and what could be seen as hate.
It stems from the belief that one has control over other people.

More like other people building systems that are limiting our freedom for their control need and parasitic greed. On a planet with evolved beings who are self sufficient/symbiotic and not parasitical it would not be an issue. Humanity is a few thousand years to unevolved both technologically and social-logically from my point of view. And that is not aimed at single person since I have a feeling a lot of ATS users and at least 20 % of the people in general have the same experiance.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Mira Furlan is from Yugoslavia,God knows what she lost in that mess.If you told me I was french I would be pissed too.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It is rare that I use the phrase "I hate" refering to someone. When I do, it is describing a gut reaction that may be completely irrational and inexcusable. That is, it might be inexcusable, but not unexplainable.....

This kind of reaction, I have found, seems to find it's roots in very negative experiences, in which I felt attacked or threatened, and was in a state of vulnerability, so that it made an impact so deep, I cannot "rationalize" it away.

There is a man I hate, though I do not know him well, and he probably has a side to him known by his family or friends which is great, I don't know. But my first meeting with him, he was slightly drunk, destabilized by having a real american in a class he was teaching in which he usually plays upon his knowledge of america and "how americans think" to impress his students.

Maybe someone pissed in his Cheerios that morning as well, I have no idea.

That day he spent most of it yelling at me, insulting me, creating all kinds of traps for me in order to yell at me some more, cause me pain and humiliation. To a point that people were coming down from the stands of observers to defend me. (he was a horse trainer)

What caused this to make impact especially was that I had injured my back the day before, had a broken tailbone, and was on a lot of painkillers and muscle relaxants. I think the drugs caused the experience to sink deeper into my body memories.... Because thinking of the guy makes my blood pressure shoot up and I ran into him once at a horse show and almost threw up at the sight of him.

No amount of "understanding" and compassion for why he behaved the way he did that day changes the physical reaction I have.

I also was verbally attacked by a crazy woman at the Emergency Room once, when I was very sick, and I now have what I think might be a phobia of being in that ER! I go there, and tears pour down my face, without my being able to control them at all... I have to fight the urge to run, and risk hyperventilating.
I can maybe say I hate the ER, but it is thoughts of that woman, and irrational inner visions of her coming at me again that provokes the reactions- so it might be the woman I hate.

Unfortunately, the woman is a nurse there, and I also work in that same hospital, so this is a problem. I would like to rid myself of this unwilled reaction. Perhaps a hypnotherapist could help. In anycase, no amount of logic or rationalization seems to calm it.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I hate everyone. Most of all myself. Anyone who would put up with the system of life we do and not do anything about it other than complain is a reprehensible person.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by LightOrange

Great friggin Scotts McFly~

Some people in this thread I would also openly admit that I hate but TOS has got their back..... this time only. I literally would prefer to hear news that they were in a tragic accident and rendered incapable of using the computer due to physical disadvantages than see another post from them, but maybe that's just me hating myself for being freaking fabulous and them being detestably ignorant partisan harlequins.... according to your theory

That a little brash... Can I ask, do you know these people in "this" forum that you "hate" and where does the hate stem from? You can tell me if you hate me I care less... The last part of your response was very disturbing as, how can you hate someone you only read via words interpreted through reading?

Sure you can attain a certain disposition a person takes as a stance in life but~

Can you really gauge a person via typed words. Just the same how can pre-judgements be validated w/o really "knowing someone".

It's the internet, some people are real and some just put on a mask...

Please advise~

Do I hate you? Of course not. How could you hate someone who is good for a hearty satire that keeps things light as observed Here

See, it's the people would have seriously bigotted opinions, offer zero perspective, zero critical thinking, derive an "opinion" where none is due that rapes the rights of individuals, and rally the support of like-minded rejects so that they can have momentary appropriation of their asinine behaviour on a political forum that guarantees them more respect than they'd ever get from a serious group of intellectuals.

Hate those people. I would normally say that I hate the action, but the consistency for these types of people to ignore the evidence and continue parroting their nonsense ad-absurdism just transfers the hate to their person entirely. The world would be better if they were just not around. Calling all buses to not stop when they see these turdburgling partisan mouthpieces crossing the street.

(For the record, the rainbow flag used to actually have neon pink and turquoise in it but they were removed since the materials/dyes weren't as easy to obtain as the six primary/secondary colours. You can also rest assured that when you look at a real rainbow it has distinctive hues of indigo and violet in equal proportion to the other colours unlike the rainbow flag which just has purple
.)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Sometimes I think I'm channelling John Cleese (except I don't hold with trying to preserve one's hair by sporting a topknot).

I get "peeved" and "miffed" and very rarely ...... vexed.

What I dislike most about the human equation is intolerance. Intolerance toward they that are different. Intolerance toward that which is misunderstood or feared. Intolerance toward religion and/or absence of it. I discover my own intolerances constantly, and it scares me, the notions I've assimilated without any apparent vetted substantiation.

I live in a nation that not so long ago, gave the impression of being afraid of homosexuals.

Now, we just don't talk about it.

Don't laugh. That's progress.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join