It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are YOU so mad?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Looking over everyone's thoughts on ATS I realised, people hate each other a lot!

Why do YOU hate people you've never even met?

You see an image on TV or in movies and many people say..." damn I hate that guy/girl"!

Perhaps even someone here that's expressing his opinion about something and YOU disagree with them... Sometimes the hate just emanates from certain threads...

Why do we do this?

Why do we Feel hate?

What is it that makes a person HATE someone else?

Im not talking about the back side of society or anyone that you would have a reason to hate... just your average Joe...

Can you see a person and say "I hate him/her"?

What about someone famous?

Think of me as a child...

How exactly would you explain to me how you hate someone....?

edit on 4-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I hate John Mccain and i never met him in real life , i despise that warmonger , if i met him in real i will punch him

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I would say "those folks" hate themselves. They are pissed at "no control" of the world around them.

I don't hate anyone. I do hate myself usually the day after I post a bunch of songs after drinking too much. But, I only hurt myself. I'm going to try and work on that.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I don't hate anyone. I feel frustration, envy, and all sorts of negativity about certain people on occasions but i've learned not to hate. There are always two sides to any argument and i always try to look at where the other person is coming from. Sometimes, i can only put their behaviour down to other issues though i'm always mindful not to make their issues become my issues.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Every bit of hatred need a poster child.

I dislike young fabricated pop artists by the big music types, while i blame them and hate them for it, my daily hatred is aimed at Miley Cyrus as its her face in mine not the music big wigs.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If I were a child I would probably be crying...

especially considering miley looks like the joker...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
hate
hāt/
verb
feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone).
"the boys hate each other"
synonyms: loathe, detest, despise, dislike, abhor, execrate; More
antonyms: love
have a strong aversion to (something).
"he hates flying"
used politely to express one's regret or embarrassment at doing something.
"I hate to bother you"

I passionately dislike the system that which I live in. I cannot hate on someone who is full of hate themselves, because they don't know better. Add greed to that and now we have majority of the politicians.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is because we make arguments personal instead of in the argument zone or whatever, I don't think I hate anyone on ATS though!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I see this every day. All it takes is to state your beliefs and some people get really aggressive. They claim their beliefs are better than yours, they are more loving and understanding and you are full of hatred. Yet there they are getting very aggressive implying you are stupid and have mental issues. I have seen this often.

They dont seem to realize how they are making themselves look. Their comments say more about them than the person they are aimed at.

Best to ignore them as they have issues and any response just encourages them.

We should make it ATS policy to never reply to hateful comments.

I have complained to mods before but they dont seem to think hateful comments are such a problem. Yet they are the reason most threads get derailed, resulting in loss of visits.

This has become a serious problem recently. In my opinion (Im no expert though) the moderation process needs to be re-assessed for the sake of ATS's reputation. Changing the look of the website is not going to change a thing.

Skeptik Overlord is correct when he says ATS is broken, but he seems to think it is the look of the site. I think he is missing the real issues here. A lot of threads are just annoying to read due to the hatred you see in them. Updating the site will not improve this. We need to update the moderation. Get the hatred out of here once and for all and lets start getting rid of the haters once and for all.

Intelligent respectful discussions only. That is what ATS used to be like. Lets get there again. We have a much larger membership but visits are starting to fall. No-one likes reading people slagging each other off. The mods need to act on this. I would like to see ATS growing for years to come. It wont though, not if the lack of respect and maturity carries on increasing the way it has the last couple of years.
edit on 4-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Where is the root?

What causes this feeling of anger and hatred?

Is it action or lack there of?

I need explanations....

im a child for F**# sake...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why do YOU hate people you've never even met?
I think your perception may be skewed. Just because people strongly believe certain things and argue/debate others on the merits of those ideas doesn’t mean they hate others.

Think of me as a child...

How exactly would you explain to me how you hate someone....?

OK....I'll play.

Well, little Johnny, hate is a strong term. When someone says they “hate” someone or something, often times they don’t actually “hate” that person or thing they just disagree or dislike it. They are simply expressing themselves with a term that invokes an emotional response from others.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well, little Johnny, hate is a strong term. When someone says they “hate” someone or something, often times they don’t actually “hate” that person or thing they just disagree or dislike it. They are simply expressing themselves with a term that invokes an emotional response from others.

But... why did you hit that guy?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
I hate John Mccain and i never met him in real life , i despise that warmonger , if i met him in real i will punch him
Off topic FYI:

Did you know McCain just opposed the Syrian resolution?

www.boston.com...

Though he only opposes it because it doesn’t go far enough. He really HATES Syria.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by seabag

But... why did you hit that guy?

Because I'm a hateful person.....ummm.....I mean....!

There is hate in this world....for sure. I'm no psychologist so I can't answer what drives it.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
True hatred is exceedingly rare in day to day occurrences. Sure there are examples plastered on the news everyday, but news articles and segments are reported on from all over the place. The reason I say that true hatred is exceedingly rare is because true hatred requires someone to do anything in their power to end the person of hatred. You can see true hatred in someone's eyes when they look upon the object of their disgust. Most people just dislike each other in varying forms. But no one said that you had to like everyone, it would be foolish to believe that you'd get through life without finding someone you disliked. However, you actually have to work at trying to hate someone. Like make up lies about the person then believe the lies (for example most cases of people being racists)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I don't hate anyone, and I am not angry, yet.

One major difference between love and hate appears to be in the fact that large parts of the cerebral cortex – associated with judgement and reasoning – become de-activated during love, whereas only a small area is deactivated in hate.

www.independent.co.uk...

I was angry yesterday when my phone wouldn't work I hated the phone, and threw it across the room, that gave me so much energy I cleaned the house.

next

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
True hatred is exceedingly rare in day to day occurrences. Sure there are examples plastered on the news everyday, but news articles and segments are reported on from all over the place. The reason I say that true hatred is exceedingly rare is because true hatred requires someone to do anything in their power to end the person of hatred. You can see true hatred in someone's eyes when they look upon the object of their disgust. Most people just dislike each other in varying forms. But no one said that you had to like everyone, it would be foolish to believe that you'd get through life without finding someone you disliked. However, you actually have to work at trying to hate someone. Like make up lies about the person then believe the lies (for example most cases of people being racists)

Im...

Im so confused...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Im...

Im so confused...

Don’t be confused, little Johnny!

Just find something that YOU hate, surround yourself with others who HATE the same thing, then you’ll feel good about yourself.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I often assume that the hateful comments must be made by immature teenagers that have no communication skills and are just going through puberty a little late.

I was a bit like that as a teen, so embarrassing now to think about it. Yet I used to get embarrassed at adults...how stupid we are as teenagers

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join