It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are YOU so mad?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Nope. I"m really sure that I hate Obama, Kerry, and McCain. I don't hate myself.
I love myself and that's why I hate them. Because they are going to interfere with
my life in a very negative way.

Have you met them? No? Then yes you hate that little image of them you've created in your head, which isn't based on any first-hand experience.
edit on 4-9-2013 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
(Shouldve added this to my first post)

Also, some people believe that hate or a dislike towards something is a reflection of how we see or feel about ourselves. That person/thing is not good or bad, it just is. It's our personal perception of the thing which brings about the feelings of hate.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stormdancer777

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by stormdancer777
It's funny FF, but I don't feel the hate even for the world leaders, I am at an odd stage.

Either you are numb from it all ... or you are a better person than I am.

I think I am numb.

When I watch the world and the people making the decisions, I am in shock, that's it I am in shock

Seems like a bad movie.
edit on 113030p://bWednesday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Apathy. That's all it is, the next stage after hate.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
you hate that little image of them you've created in your head, which isn't based on any first-hand experience.

First hand experience ... their very own words and actions televised.
I hate them. Not the image I've created. I hate THEM.

(I understand that you are bringing in psychology constructs ... that's my degree ... but I disagree with you because I haven't created images of them ... they have presented themselves via media very clearly)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by FlyersFan

One cannot hate people he never met. He simply hates how he thinks about them, and thus, in the process, merely hates himself.

Nope. I"m really sure that I hate Obama, Kerry, and McCain. I don't hate myself.
I love myself and that's why I hate them. Because they are going to interfere with
my life in a very negative way.

What if they are only puppets on a stage?

Would you still hate the man or only what he represents?

Or rather, do you hate the actor or the roll his playing?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I don't mean to derail the thread by throwing politics in it but, does ATS think the goal is to generate enough hate in the publics heart to make us all apathetic? Especially with the events that are happening at the moment. Get enough people to hate what is happening all around and soon that hate will transform into apathy; the lack of giving a shyt. "Energy never dies, but transforms" rings a bell here. Easier to control people in apathy than a bunch who still hate what you're doing to them. Apathy= surrender.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Euphony
(Shouldve added this to my first post)

Also, some people believe that hate or a dislike towards something is a reflection of how we see or feel about ourselves. That person/thing is not good or bad, it just is. It's our personal perception of the thing which brings about the feelings of hate.

Agree with that. If I "hate" what our government is doing its because I feel powerless to stop them at this point (in spite of writing a letter). It does come back to us - when choosing to hate. It is usually a part of the process though - angry at the stupidity. At this point I think I feel more afraid - to know our government is full of stark raving mad lunatics (oops....did some name calling). I could have said that nicer "worried about the mental health of many within our government". Didn't feel like it though since they have the power to destroy our lives.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

What is it that makes a person HATE someone else?

Because they want something different.
Each and everything you come across in life will be different but some don't want different they want it their way. Those who want it their way will be irritated and frustrated a lot - even when alone.
They are suffering, they hate because they do not want 'what is' - they worship other than 'what is' - they prefer other - so are never fulfilled.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

To answer the question in the title simply - you are mad if you think you can control what arises.
It is the normal human condition.
edit on 4-9-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Apathy= surrender

I see where your going Vortex and I can't necessarily disagree though I would classify the Apathy as Indifference.

The world as it stands, the politics and hatred that is in all of us (some better at dealing than others) the constant bombardment of MSM, TV, Movies, Games, "Life" in general has a way to make any one of us feel indifferent about this place.

Indifferent to the effects of: "It really doesn't matter what happens next, the world ending would be a better outcome than experiancing more strife and hatred abroad" (It's a very open ended statement as you can re-arrange it and still keep the indifference)

And just for giggles.... I will never surrender! Surrendering is not a option in my book! I will fight the "good" fight until my last breathe drains from this mortal vessel and come back in the next life fighting harder than the first!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
good night all you pissed off people....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I love you to Akragon, sleep well~!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Apathy= surrender

I see where your going Vortex and I can't necessarily disagree though I would classify the Apathy as Indifference.

The world as it stands, the politics and hatred that is in all of us (some better at dealing than others) the constant bombardment of MSM, TV, Movies, Games, "Life" in general has a way to make any one of us feel indifferent about this place.

Indifferent to the effects of: "It really doesn't matter what happens next, the world ending would be a better outcome than experiancing more strife and hatred abroad" (It's a very open ended statement as you can re-arrange it and still keep the indifference)

And just for giggles.... I will never surrender! Surrendering is not a option in my book! I will fight the "good" fight until my last breathe drains from this mortal vessel and come back in the next life fighting harder than the first!

Indifference is another synonym for apathy. Investing energy into something that won't return you anything makes one indifferent. The energy doesn't necessarily have to be hate, it can be love also. You love someone who doesn't mutually feel the same about you...after a while energy is wasted, for a lack of exchange. One is now indifferent, doesn't care anymore. One may also develop hate for the one that they had love for a couple of days ago...you see. For the giggles, if I had a choice I wouldn't come back to this place anymore. It sucks, for a lack of a better word.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

First hand experience ... their very own words and actions televised.
I hate them. Not the image I've created. I hate THEM.

(I understand that you are bringing in psychology constructs ... that's my degree ... but I disagree with you because I haven't created images of them ... they have presented themselves via media very clearly)

That doesn't change the fact that you hate someone you've never met, interacted with, and gauged in a normal setting. How can you hate them when you don't know them?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

good night all you pissed off people....

Lol.

One thing that I can't do OP is hate someone and be constantly
angry, it wears you down and it's not healthy physically or mentally.

Trust me, I know. It will kick your ass in the long run.

I used to have a lot of rage and hostility but once I began looking
deep within I knew the root of that hostility was caused by me
not accepting my mistakes and my limitations, and faulting those
around me for said issues.

As for people being nasty on the boards, well that's just the internet
for ya. You can be anyone you want, and verbally abuse someone without
the risk of getting your teeth knocked out.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Where is the root?

What causes this feeling of anger and hatred?

Is it action or lack there of?

I need explanations....

im a child for F**# sake...

edit on 4-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

answering you as an adult as opposed to a kid/child, take a school with 250 children, they do not all get along, they do not all play happily with each other, listen to children for your answer, they often chatter and mention other children in their school they describe as "hatred" for them, how not nice they are etc.. and usually that particular child they talk about (could be yours(its someones)) there is no good reason the child feels like that. but they do. so its not just in adults being pissed off, it is there from the start.... I am more inclined to think it may be personality clash than outright hatred, even though its expressed using that word...
I certainly do not hate anyone on ATS, I let people have thier point of view, all I would like them to recognize is that i have my own point of view too, just like them... if we all comprimise to just that understanding, perhaps we can get a decent thread of conversation fired up..... anyway it's a good point you make, it is relevant because it surely exists, no one is denying that.... but like so many other similar oddities its not always easy to explain why......

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I may not have met someone in person and gotten to know them that way...but some people we get to know their actions; and their actions are truly evil therefore many do not like that person.

Also too...some people have a fairly accurate intuition...and they can sense when they met somebody if they are a good person or not.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Um, Because the meds wore off? Because I'm a female? Because I'm menstruating? Because there are a lot of stupid people all around me? Because people are inconsiderate? Because the system is flawed? Because the system is broken? Because the world is falling apart? Because there's nobody around who cares anymore?
Because I don't make enough money? Because the system has loopholes that don't allow me to make more money right now? Because I owe money all the time? Because I don't like where I live? Because my microwave needs to be cleaned again? Because I need a new car? Because the coffee pot is running low? Because I know there will be illogical BS decisions when I go into work again? Because the security system broke? Because nobody is coming in to fix it anytime soon? Because I need to do laundry? Because time passes so quickly? Because my show isn't on tv as much as I want it to be? Because Fox News? Because of the idiocracy that encompasses this planet? Because the government is bent and broken? Because we're all going down? Because no matter how much you do it's never enough? Because it will always be this, stuck, never progressing? Because history repeats itself yet we never learn? Because I'm sick of hearing people compulsivly tape up boxes every morning for hours when I'm trying to sleep? Want me to add more to the list? I can, easily.

Aren't you glad you asked

Do ask me another question

edit on 4-9-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I hate a lot of people because they are incredibly inconsiderate of others and themselves. I flipped some guy off the other day who was in the slow lane on the high way and made it really difficult as a result to go around him when I was running late to work. We got off at the same exit and he pulled up next to me and seemed to genuinely want to know why I flipped him off. He even said something to me like, "how can you flip off someone you don't even know?".

I didn't really have time to explain because I needed to get to work but I was incredulous anyway, to me, it was so obvious why I was angry that I wondered if the guy was being intentionally being assanine.

If I had the chance to talk to that guy again, I'd tell him exactly what I'm about to say now: "The left lane on a highway is the fast lane, if you aren't an immigrant and were raised in this country, it's pretty common knowledge, and if you are in the fast lane driving the same speed as the lanes to your right then no one behind you that's in the fast lane because they're trying to pass the lanes on the right can go around. As a result if you are going slowly or going the same speed as the lanes that aren't the fast lane and you are in the fast lane, then by definition you are an inconsiderate asshole!. How can someone be so inconsiderate as to not think about all of the people trying to get somewhere in a hurry behind you?! If you aren't in a hurry then get the hell out of the fast lane. It's really not complicated. If I'm in the fast lane, even if I 'm going faster then the lanes to the right of me, if someone wants to go even faster then me, I just switch lanes long enough for them to pass me because I'm considerate. You should try it sometime!"
edit on 4-9-2013 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for making this thread, I never was able to tell that guy why I was so angry, and talking about it here, has made me feel more calm in general presently. It's nice to have a place to vent where I don't feel like people are going to constanctly jump down my throat. In general I find it hard to find a place to vent my negative emotions that doesn't further impact me negatively, at least if sharing those feelings has anything to do with sharing them with another person. I might get a negative reply from someone and yet, I still feel better for the time being. Thanks.
edit on 4-9-2013 by GrimReaper86 because: a thank you

edit on 4-9-2013 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

That doesn't change the fact that you hate someone you've never met, interacted with, and gauged in a normal setting. How can you hate them when you don't know them?

You don't have to know every gleaming facet of something to hate it. I happen to hate Henry Kissinger, my daughters birth mother, and cabbage rolls. It's very easy to hate them despite the fact that:

1. I can't tell you how many wrinkles are on Henry Kissinger's chest (although I'm sure it's over 9000).

2. The only things I really know about my daughter's birth mother is that she had an Ivy-league education and abandonned her child in Chicago (Yup, haaaaaaaaaaaaate her).

3. I can't tell you why cabbage rolls taste like piss or how that cow felt before someone slaughtered it and turn it into a toxic urine-tasting leaf burrito.

Still hate them all.

Some people in this thread I would also openly admit that I hate but TOS has got their back..... this time only. I literally would prefer to hear news that they were in a tragic accident and rendered incapable of using the computer due to physical disadvantages than see another post from them, but maybe that's just me hating myself for being freaking fabulous and them being detestably ignorant partisan harlequins.... according to your theory

edit on 4-9-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join