It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Russia: Two 'Missiles' Fired In Mediterranean

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
iran wont get involved. my prediction is a false flag by usa/Israel blaming iran then usa/Israel get what they really want.a war with iran
usa and Israel are two cheeks on the same ass

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

If you'll put aside your distaste for Israel for a moment and review the topic you will see that the event being discussed is a missile defense test, not a bombing from a few months back which, by the way, was most likely sanctioned by several nations, including a few arab ones, because Israel would never be able to bomb anyone, or anything, without serious repercussions from a host of nations.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I don't think it was a Bold Orion, but rather something like this ASM-135 ASAT, which has been launched (albeit back in the '80s) from a modified F-15 to successfully take down a satellite via direct impact. The ARROW missile tested today isn't designed as an offensive system, but rather a more advanced version of the Patriot, and as a show of force it's far more likely intended to deter Iranian launches at Israel than be used to deliver any kind of EMP warhead.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Araqiel
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I don't think it was a Bold Orion, but rather something like this ASM-135 ASAT, which has been launched (albeit back in the '80s) from a modified F-15 to successfully take down a satellite via direct impact. The ARROW missile tested today isn't designed as an offensive system, but rather a more advanced version of the Patriot, and as a show of force it's far more likely intended to deter Iranian launches at Israel than be used to deliver any kind of EMP warhead.

Well... I wasn't implying that this was going to be an EMP thing. My point was that this was done for a reason, and although the reason is unknown right now, it'll become clear later. Your hypothesis is as good as mine... only one thing is certain. Something will come of this.

Keep your eyes open and your ear to the ground!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by r0nsix

Do you know how many the US "wastes" on testing? The Ground Based Interceptor system has "wasted" 38 ballistic missiles in testing. The Aegis BMD has 20 confirmed tests that I can find, all targeting "wasted" ballistic missiles.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

On the contrary, I'm merely suggesting Israel is under increased threat because of these pre-emptive attacks .
edit on 3-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So from the official Israeli Defence statement it would appear the target was actually one of these Rafael Black Sparrow, and not the ASAT I previously thought it might be. The BBC's reporting of 'anchor', 'ankor' and 'encore' led me down the wrong path, it would seem. This makes a lot more sense as a target, and its ability to simulate a ballistic flight path explains the radar signature.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
US and Israel are right now on joint missile test procedures.

The Russians know this, nothing to get excited about, just a scheduled military exercise.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Araqiel

The Ancor is an improved version of the Sparrow target missile. Apparently this was a non-intercept test of the new target missile, and the radar systems of the Arrow. The US provided technical support on building the improved Sparrow, based on some of the target missiles used by the US military.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

No, Israel is under threat because it is a jewish state and the muslim neighbors don't like that.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I'm aware they have beeb saying it forever but he really made a show of it this year. Eventually they have to strike or they lise credibility.. same as obama withbhis red line remark.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I don't think it was necessary at all. It had to be a provocation. They could have tested this system any time, anywhere. Also what good is testing a system meant to strike targets traveling at incredible speeds by shooting anchored targets? That makes zero sense to me. But it was still a missile right? I assume the anti missile system employs some kind of missiles?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

No, Israel is under threat because it is a jewish state and the muslim neighbors don't like that.

Utter rot!
It has nothing to do with them being Jewish, that is what years of propaganda have achieved.
It obviously has nothing at all to do with the ongoing military occupation of Palestinian land, the ongoing theft of land and resources and the constant humiliation, arrests, beatings and murders of Palestinians!

edit on 3-9-2013 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Ah, I see!
So the denails, surprise and then changing stories were all just confusion, and everyone knew about the scheduled tests ahead of this event?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

As I previously mentioned, a bit of necessity, a bit of naughty.

They tested the system at least one other time that I am aware of. Was there an issue with the system, or a recent upgrade or some maintenance done that would make them want to check it? No clue but I do know that, if I knew that there was a very good chance someone would try and attack my home, I'd make sure my defense system was in place and operational.

There might be other ways to do that but the best, most effective way to show someone that you are ready, and able, to defend against their attack is to show off your system.

Was the US secretly hoping that this test would provoke a Syrian attack? Don't know but I wouldn't rule it out. Obama's support is faltering and what better way to regain some of the lost support than to have Syria pull some kind of crazy stunt?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

They weren't shooting anchored targets, and they weren't shooting actual missiles with warheads, and they weren't actually shooting the anti-missile system. It was a non-intercept test of a dummy missile that is used as a target by the anti-missile system.

That means they don't shoot anything at the targets, they just track them on radar, and test the fire control system. The targets that were fired have no warhead, just telemetry systems. For this particular test, they were programmed to crash into the ocean at the end of the test. It's the exact same thing that the US and every other country does for their tests, but I guess when Israel does it, it's Bad, Mkhay.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Crakeur

They tested the system at least one other time that I am aware of. Was there an issue with the system, or a recent upgrade or some maintenance done that would make them want to check it?

It was a non-intercept test. This was the first flight of the Ancor missile target. They upgraded the Black Sparrow target that they used in the past, and were conducting a test flight of the new system. No missiles were fired by the Arrow that I have found mention of, but they do say that the Super Green Pine radar tracked the target perfectly, and the signals sent to the Golden Citron (I know, these names!), C3I were received and the system worked.

(And reporters are idiots, this one just said it was a medium range Sparrow air to air missile)

The Black Sparrow target:
www.flightglobal.com...http://

The Sparrow air to air missile:
www.air-and-space.com...
edit on 9/3/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Obama's new slogan:

"Regime Change We Can Believe In!"

edit on 3-9-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
BBC Radio 4 has just (18.30 UK time) reported that the Pentagon is saying this is just "standard practice"!

Implying that this is nothing out of the ordinary, funny can not recall anything like this before?

Did I miss something the last time round?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dowot

Most Israeli missile tests go unreported. They have tested the crap out of the Arrow system, so it has happened before. Unlike just about every other country though Israel doesn't bother to announce them well ahead of time, and likes to mention them after the fact.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join