It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Russia: Two 'Missiles' Fired In Mediterranean

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Just to clarify since i maxed out the window to Edit,
When I said that England has always been the lapdog of the US I didn't meant it to be insulting or condescending.

I was merely stating that England has always followed the US and that the US has always seen England as its biggest Allie, apart from Israel.

If some of you Brits took it personally, hereby I apologize. I stand with my opinion, but the way I said it could have been better.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I must admire Russian ability to detect ballistic missile launches and the trajectories.
Russian technology does work.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Obama's support is not faltering so much anymore...

House leaders back Obama

I could see this coming from a mile away.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Personally, after watching a couple of episodes of "Strike Back"...season 4

Maybe 'someone' wanted to find out exactly where the Syria government hide all the most important asset and Israel tested the anti-missile exercise to test how Syria government reacts right after getting the intelligence report from Russia.

That will means multiple high altitude drone surveillance with several spy satellites zooming in Syria just about now with high resolution video recording....send straight into some operation room with a automated program to find out what's the latest movement of assets since the exercise.

Only after gathering the intelligence, the submarines & agents on the ground can coordinate a laser guided missile launch to the have a precise hit on the most important asset that Syria wants to protect.

The 'delay' to strike orchestrated by Obama in the media by sending the vote to the congress is just a political and tactical delays to identify targets of importance in real time.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by dowot

Most Israeli missile tests go unreported. They have tested the crap out of the Arrow system, so it has happened before. Unlike just about every other country though Israel doesn't bother to announce them well ahead of time, and likes to mention them after the fact.

Might have been a good time to change that procedure, just this once.

Talk about poking a stick at the sleeping giant. Still, with a few Jewish friends, this just about sums some of them up.

So can we be sure that if Syria lobs a missile in the rough direction of Israel/US everyone will accept that as a test? Hope so.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dowot

Yeah, with everything else going on right now, probably not the best idea to follow SOP.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

yes but that support came after the missile defense test.

Personally, I think the republican support is being given for reasons other than to protect against chemical weapons. The markets dropped at the open, thanks to the missile launch announcement from Russia. Then it turned around when word got out that it wasn't an attack. Now, Boehner et al announce their support of O and the markets have turned back again.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by Senduko

Just to clarify since i maxed out the window to Edit,
When I said that England has always been the lapdog of the US I didn't meant it to be insulting or condescending.

I was merely stating that England has always followed the US and that the US has always seen England as its biggest Allie, apart from Israel.

If some of you Brits took it personally, hereby I apologize. I stand with my opinion, but the way I said it could have been better.

im as English as they come.you or nobody should apologise for stating the truth

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dowot

reply to post by dowot

Most Israeli missile tests go unreported. They have tested the crap out of the Arrow system, so it has happened before. Unlike just about every other country though Israel doesn't bother to announce them well ahead of time, and likes to mention them after the fact.

Might have been a good time to change that procedure, just this once.

Talk about poking a stick at the sleeping giant. Still, with a few Jewish friends, this just about sums some of them up.

So can we be sure that if Syria lobs a missile in the rough direction of Israel/US everyone will accept that as a test? Hope so.

yes it will be interesting I can see the American forces scratching their heads saying "wow they are firing back"
up till now usa have kicked the backsides of weak poorly armed countries.it will be interesting what will happen if that huge carrier gets destroyed by a Russian missile.
edit on 3-9-2013 by r0nsix because: typed in wrong area

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

What a crazy economic system we have here, right? lol yeah... I think you're right but I think it was planned all along. The missile test was just another piece of this to escalate things. Afterall, there is no way our military, CIA, special forces etc would be spending so much time training and supplying weapons to the rebels if we hadn't planned on finishing the job. The whole thing IMO has been totally scripted from the beginning.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by r0nsix

nobody lobbed a missile at Syria. A missile (without a warhead) was aimed into the sea and the Israeli missile defense system was tested to see if it could intercept the missile and destroy it before impact.

Had the US aimed the missile at Syria, and Israel shot it down, it would be deemed provocation but that's not what happened so, yeah, if Syria lobs a missile at another country they should expect some retaliation.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by Crakeur

What a crazy economic system we have here, right? lol yeah... I think you're right but I think it was planned all along. The missile test was just another piece of this to escalate things. Afterall, there is no way our military, CIA, special forces etc would be spending so much time training and supplying weapons to the rebels if we hadn't planned on finishing the job. The whole thing IMO has been totally scripted from the beginning.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

yep and of course when they saw that the rebels were losing ground to Assad, and it was taking too long for the rebels to win and move their agenda forward they decided to false flag a chemical war attack. I have no doubt in my mind it was an attack by rebels to be used as a reason for US to do a "limited strike" against Assad held military targets that will be enough to help the rebels forge towards a clear victory.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by r0nsix

nobody lobbed a missile at Syria. A missile (without a warhead) was aimed into the sea and the Israeli missile defense system was tested to see if it could intercept the missile and destroy it before impact.

Had the US aimed the missile at Syria, and Israel shot it down, it would be deemed provocation but that's not what happened so, yeah, if Syria lobs a missile at another country they should expect some retaliation.

any time now Syria will be hit by multiple missiles so I guess it wont matter

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Technically the shoot down portion was on paper. They tested the radar, and the C3I portion of the system, but no missiles were fired from the Arrow.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

I asked the other day could Russia blast the hell out of the rebels saying they have evidence the rebels used chem weapons?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by r0nsix

To this point it is unclear as to who has used chemical weapons, but logics tell it was rebels because Assad would bring stupidity to a whole new level if he did used them against his own people with the UN ready to investigate.
Also it does not bode well for the rebels that they were caught with sarin a few months ago.

But then again, we are going to assist the rebels and attack syria, it is just a matter of time, i wonder how it feels to be fighting alongside Al Qaida.
How tables turn..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I wish something would just happen one way or the other; this teetering on the edge is annoying. I don't want the U.S. to attack, for obvious reasons, but at the same time I kind of do because then my distrust of our leaders is further validated. Does that make me a terrible person?

I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I do want to see our leaders dig themselves deeper into a hole. Plus, I'm curious to see what a Russian intervention would look like. It would be dark, yet very interesting times.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlliumIslelily
I wish something would just happen one way or the other; this teetering on the edge is annoying. I don't want the U.S. to attack, for obvious reasons, but at the same time I kind of do because then my distrust of our leaders is further validated. Does that make me a terrible person?

I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I do want to see our leaders dig themselves deeper into a hole. Plus, I'm curious to see what a Russian intervention would look like. It would be dark, yet very interesting times.

They gonna blowup the american warships

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Demanto

With what? The Arleigh Burke can handle anything Syria can throw at it. The Nimitz group (which is so far out of range of Syria it isn't funny) even more so.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Demanto

With what? The Arleigh Burke can handle anything Syria can throw at it. The Nimitz group (which is so far out of range of Syria it isn't funny) even more so.

Russia will bomb, not Syria

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join