It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS design, abandoned?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Yes, I have experienced many drawbacks to using it over the years...

The protection that it provides from malware etc has been worth the headaches although.

Interestingly enough, I just now noticed that the buttons mysteriously began to work without changing any settings in the plugin.

Thanks Springer, Tenth, and Dusty for the much needed help.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I have been on ATS for many a moon and redesign but this latest effort is awful, cant seem to grasp why the owners went for this type of design. Its like they are trying to attract a younger generation of users and went for a mix of reddit and facebook. I am really struggling to use this guys, not a great job

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Great re-design, that is actually readable, unlike the very crowded previous scheme. Thanks ATS!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

On the level
I have been on ATS for many a moon and redesign but this latest effort is awful, cant seem to grasp why the owners went for this type of design. Its like they are trying to attract a younger generation of users and went for a mix of reddit and facebook. I am really struggling to use this guys, not a great job

I agree i would prefer the older layout of the forum, it was rather better then what and how the new layout currently looks, and i dont like the smiles either.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Losing the friends bar is insane as well,I liked to pop in and see what people have been doing, and read people that had left or died, old posts. Now there is nata, or am I missing something, why would you remove the friends bar, is a stupid decision

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I haven't been on in a couple of weeks much but today is the first I've seen the new layout.

I HATE IT - I HATE IT I HATE IT - I HATE IT I HATE IT - I HATE IT I HATE IT - I HATE IT I HATE IT - I HATE IT v I HATE IT - I HATE IT I HATE IT - I HATE IT I HATE IT - I HATE IT I HATE IT - I HATE IT I HATE IT - I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure they tried to make it style it in a different manner but they changed so much they made it UGLY. I can't stand the new dumbed down emoticons. I can't stand the sites new simple icons used that make the site look like it's made for a mobile platform instead of a PC - as it should be.

ATS needed to have two complete sites then, one for mobile and one for PC. Why hurt the PC users by forcing this crap on them? it's not fair. Dumb Above Network - DUMB.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

i dont like it either . I liked the colourful icons of the old design it had much more character. This design feels sterile almost like all the fun has been taken out. dont like the emoticons.

is it becuase apple went all flat and basic? , i guess google did it first but i dont think this design fits a site like ats

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I had originally thought they were re-designing the emoticons.

Guess I was wrong.

The ones we currently have are often ambiguous and it's unclear just what they are trying to convey.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join