It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS design, abandoned?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I would post this in the old thread about the new layout, but it appears to be locked.

So apparently the new ATS design was released for a very short time. Has it been taken down to be tweaked, or are we never going to see it?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

I'm using it right now so I don't know..

I hope they don't abandon it, but I highly doubt they did.

They were still fixing it yesterday so I think it will come soon.

edit on 8/31/2013 by dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You may want to check your messages, and look for the new location.

We are currently testing the final release candidate.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's just having a few fine details worked on. It's still coming.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

I received a U2U with a username and a password that didn't work.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

jiggerj

did u copy/paste teh password?
if so u have a space at the end, use backspace once and try again

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm using it right now, and its growing on me

Hated it first test, but it seems much improved now.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yep, Im using it. Mostly because the old firehose is stuck on whatever it was on yesterday. No new info, and the last item was 5 minutes old. I spent an age trying to find it in the new interface thinking I need to see what is new to where I am now.

Then I see it was a few hours old, the item that was 5 minutes new. ha. so I figured it out, it's not automatically updating theold version.

I had the same issue Jigger, copy/paste the password failed. Typing it logs me in.

Deefinitely needs work for tablets that turn any which way, the iconts decided to stagger diagonally at one point.

and I for some reason have the stars list then "and x more" then the spot for a new star. As opposed to the old way where the "and x more" listed after them. Odd, I had a similar problem when I was altering the css to add my ignore button, so it's likely an easy fix, I guess. Or a feature now!

But gosh darn it Billy, the page navigation is still text. Still just a small clicker.
We've got fancy new emoticons that are big but can't have navigation buttons. Bit silly..

I do like the cleaner interface tho. back on the pc now, dark theme, it's very easy on the eye.

no complaints from me... I stopped complaining years ago. it doesn't do any good anyway

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

jiggerj

If you type in the username and password, rather than copy and paste, it seems to work fine (at least on MacOS Safari) -- I'm accessing the site through the new interface now.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

I don't have any inside info.

I have been using the new version all day and I love it.

I'm confident that after they finish fixing bugs that were significant problems to implementing the changeover that they will effect the changeover permanently.

Folks can read their U2U msg and find out how to login to the new version and use it and offer their feedback.

imho, they have upgraded it quite well in a list of ways. And they fixed some chronic bugs from the old system, too.

Yea team.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I quite like the popup ads. Especially the ones with voices telling me how great the products are.

Some people would be annoyed but not me...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
If they start with the talking adverts..... e.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Boot at this stuff, but my new topic firehouse is stuck on same screen from this morning, tried refresh but nothing works. Any idea thanks

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Question: I was logged into the new site but have been switched back to the old without making any changes -just happened when I navigated away to do some research. Has this happened to anyone else?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The new design is growing on me, I like it over all. (Thanks to this thread, i checked my messages)

Edit: Using Safari on Mac
edit on 1-9-2013 by VimanaExplorer because: Browser Info added

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Dianec
Question: I was logged into the new site but have been switched back to the old without making any changes -just happened when I navigated away to do some research. Has this happened to anyone else?

For all confused SO answered this for me the other day..

To be on the new interface you have to be on www.abovetopsecret.com NOT www.abovetopsecret.com
So when you click any links that are www, they will go to the old interface.

For the login information. MAke sure you are on www.abovetopsecret.com FIRST, then the login info goes in the pop up.. THEN you log in your information normally..

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

I am using it right now and it rocks! I don`t wanna go back to the old design. Some people are saying they can use it while others say they cannot. There was a minor bug when the U2U message went out concerning the access user name and password but I think that was fixed. Some people may have odd browser settings or something which is preventing them from accessing the new design.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
looks ok to me, after almost 6 years with the old style, it will just take some time to get use to.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dustytoad

Dianec

For all confused SO answered this for me the other day..

To be on the new interface you have to be on www.abovetopsecret.com NOT www.abovetopsecret.com
So when you click any links that are www, they will go to the old interface.

For the login information. MAke sure you are on www.abovetopsecret.com FIRST, then the login info goes in the pop up.. THEN you log in your information normally..

Yes it works. Went to that address, logged out, logged back in and here I am again. Thanks

Never mind - am on older interface again. Its all good. I was just curious so thank you again.

edit on 1-9-2013 by Dianec because: Update

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Same here.

What I saw of it the day they switched it over w/o the password needed, I don't think I'm missing much.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join