It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS design, abandoned?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I got here through magic yesterday and a login today. I'm actually on my iPhone. I like it lots.

Can we please have the little reply icon things at the bottom of the page too? Remember just iphone
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by jiggerj

I received a U2U with a username and a password that didn't work.

Same here.

What I saw of it the day they switched it over w/o the password needed, I don't think I'm missing much.

Yeah, I saw it too. I just chalked it up to me being old and set in my ways. It'll be hard to get used to, but if we can't convince the owners to abandon the new design then we have to live with it or leave.
edit on 9/1/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Oh, I found that message in my U2U inbox. For some reason I thought the new design was white, but it's a nice dark blue/grey.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

You can make it godawful "MY EYES ARE MELTING" white if you want to.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Will there be an option to continue using the old skin? I'd much rather have words telling me what things are than what I consider moronic symbols which I seldom even glance at. iAnd will there be an option to keep the site dark gray with white or yellow lettering? Still favor that colour combo.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I saw it/ thought it looked cool. I like the colors better but since it is a test I figured I wouldn't keep using it in case they decided against it... so that I wouldn't get used to using it....and if they did start using it, I would switch over when the time came whenever that will be. I thought it would be best to not confuse myself until they were done tweaking it. Besides, I am having a hard enough time getting used to going from mac os to windows 8....I hate windows but need it for school. Plus I went mouseless for practice purposes and it's driving me crazy.

We weren't supposed to vote on it or anything, were we?
Were we supposed to be looking for bugs?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Druid42
You may want to check your messages, and look for the new location.

We are currently testing the final release candidate.

Same here, and when I went to reply to U2U it said messeage sent without even letting me type anything?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What time is the changeover scheduled?

Is the ribbon gone?

Is there a way to do everything the ribbon does differently?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Murgatroid

Is the ribbon gone?

The Ribbon is now combined into the upper menu.. you can do everything you could do except use your profile like "facebook" No friends or foes..

The upload page is better now, I like it.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dustytoad

Dang...

Gonna miss that thing, I use it constantly..

Thanks Dusty!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

proob4
Same here, and when I went to reply to U2U it said messeage sent without even letting me type anything?

When SO originally sent out the U2Us he put the wrong link there. the link went to www.abovetopsecret.com, you need to go to www.abovetopsecret.com

then the login he sent you goes into the popup login screen.. The log in is correct, but it's not meant to be for non member lurkers, so I can't post it here.

then your on the new interface.. Then you log into your own account if you want to explore my ats your profile and uploads and all that..

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

NotAnAspie

We weren't supposed to vote on it or anything, were we?
Were we supposed to be looking for bugs?

No voting the new site is coming any day or any minute now..

Yes many of us have been on the new site for days now checking things out and reporting all the bugs and all the visual things we like or don't like.. It's working quite nice now.

At first I HATED it, but it's so much better now, and it did take a little getting used to, but wow I can't stand the old one anymore.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Aleister
Will there be an option to continue using the old skin? I'd much rather have words telling me what things are than what I consider moronic symbols which I seldom even glance at. iAnd will there be an option to keep the site dark gray with white or yellow lettering? Still favor that colour combo.

1)No the old skin will be gone.
2)Most of the symbols have words next to them, but the others are easy enough just press them.

3)There are 2 color schemes that you can toggle at any time with the button on the top right looks like a black and white cookie.
4) the dark scheme is still here it's greyish with whiteish lettering.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dustytoad

Originally posted by dustytoad

Murgatroid

Is the ribbon gone?

The Ribbon is now combined into the upper menu.. you can do everything you could do except use your profile like "facebook" No friends or foes..

Just logged in to the new interface...

How do you find "My posts" or "My Threads"?

Are there some hidden buttons in there?

edit on 5-9-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

See the picture here, the top bar reads messages, account etc..

Simply click on profile.

You can access the toolbar using the little arrow button on the far right of the toolbar.

edit on 9/5/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Using no script will greatly limit tons of features on most websites.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Murgatroid

Ahhhhh so, as the Gut would say...

Thanks tenth.

Seems so counter intuitive though...

Guessing I will have to leave that page open (in a browser tab) to save the trouble of always accessing those.

Not sure how you mean.. the buttons are always there. But in general I keep one page open that looks at New and then I have others opened in threads, and sometimes one more open to messages if it's a busy day.

It took me about 2 days to like the format and another 2 to get back up to my old response speed, but now it works nicely.

Also my Firefox NoScript plugin is preventing the buttons from functioning (pic below).

Anyone else experiencing this as well?

Couldn't you just allow ATS to run scripts?

Also before anyone gets confused about quoting... Nested quotes no longer work. This is on purpose to not bog down things.. So it will look normal in your reply box, but when you post it will remove all but the last level or outside quote.
edit on 9/5/2013 by dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm switching between the 2 formats and getting used the new one as it seems to grow on you after a while...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I would suggest just white listing ATS.

It's not like there's any malicious script to be found here anyway.

~Tenth

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join