It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We may be launching ATS.5/3 today.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

thedoctorswife
I couldn't agree with you more, I really REALLY don't like the new look. I feel quite sad, like ive lost an old friend.
Didn't Bert Lance say:

"If it ain't broke, break it."?

I think I got the first part right, but the second part doesn't look right.

Seriously though, facebook has a separate mobile version. Why can't ATS have a mobile version?

Instead they put all of us on mobile version. What looks good on a mobile device looks ridiculous on a large display.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Because as SO said a couple pages ago, then they have one person (him) and two sets of code to deal with.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have to agree with many previous posters that this format is too large, too much empty space and inadequate contrast. Maybe it's better for tablet/phone users but it's a step backward for this user.

I do appreciate the work that goes into maintaining & upgrading such a large site though.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Tried it a couple of times and it didn't - could just be me being a simpleton, again - I'll try again.

link   
reply to post by suz62

I wish I were, another member also said they have what is called " secondary vision" ie, its sooo bright that when we look away, due to the lack of color we cannot see what is infront of us. Meaning we could bump into things or fall down.

I don't think enough people empathise with others of different biological make up.

I CANNOT READ THE THREADS ON HERE, MY EYES CANNOT DIFFERIENTIATE DUE TO THE COLOR.

Therefore this website is prejudice toward people like ME . Rather than it making an effort to provide abit of color it wants to be super cool.

link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Check out this thread if you want to see the emoticons change -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is still hope!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

you'll wanna clear all you cache and stuff for the features to work 100%. Your browser maybe trying to load pages it's use to that no longer exist.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomentered

Then how is it that you keep posting? Shouldn't you save your eyes?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Is it ethical to risk peoples eyes deteriorating and to risk them falling over?????

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

freedomentered
I don't think enough people empathise with others of different biological make up.

I CANNOT READ THE THREADS ON HERE, MY EYES CANNOT DIFFERIENTIATE DUE TO THE COLOR.

Therefore this website is prejudice toward people like ME . Rather than it making an effort to provide abit of color it wants to be super cool.

Not being funny but you keep writing replies and you manage to read every post on here and reply to them all without any problem.

What is ATS supposed to do?

Tailor the site to every single individual user? I'm sure in the future this will be the norm, you will have full control of every aspect of UI and you can fine tune every aspect to suit every issue you have, as will everyone else be able to.

Is it too bright? Too dull? Too samey?

Explain what it is you're having issue with and maybe a mod will help?

link   
reply to post by suz62

Maybe I empathise with others who are suffering like me right now and want to alert moderators to the problem before it gets ALOT worse for many lives.

link   

freedomentered
Is it ethical to risk peoples eyes deteriorating and to risk them falling over?????

A couple weeks ago we had a 24-hour beta test open to all members. Quite a few participated, and the overall response was exceptionally positive -- lots of tweaks resulted.

What exactly is your issue? It's hard to tell.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Zaphod58
Because as SO said a couple pages ago, then they have one person (him) and two sets of code to deal with.
And both sets of code are already written.

I'm not seeing the problem.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
don't like new look one little bit

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Before the websites layout wasn't great, neither was it visually what I would like. But I adapted because it didn't pose an actual physical problem for me.

This time I cannot adapt, that's all.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hi there.

I access ATS via mobile phone.

At the moment, all the banners are blank.

I've been randomly tapping the phone screen hoping I click something.

Took 20Mins to find, and log in. Another 5 mins of random tapping to find "post" to this thread.

This is despite reloading the page a few times.
Changing phones browser (Opera) etc.

I know there's teething troubles but can't make do with out my daily ATS reading!!

eee.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

thedoctorswife
already im getting white squares in front of my eyes when I look away from the screen.

I am also getting a headache and experiencing strange sight problems. I'm on the dark version. I am straining to make out anything, whereas before I had no troubles like this. And the light version I can't stand. I will not be able to continue here like this folks. Sad, but looks like my ATS days are over, if they are going to insist on this. I think they ought to seriously consider bringing loam onboard the design team. His version with colors already made it much better. There is just not enough contrast. It is making things very difficult to see. Ouch. I am outta here.

link   

freedomentered
reply to post by blupblup

Before the websites layout wasn't great, neither was it visually what I would like. But I adapted because it didn't pose an actual physical problem for me.

This time I cannot adapt, that's all.

But you're not explaining, clearly what the issue is?

Give a paragraph detailing what the problem is.

Cheers

They can't help if they don't know.

link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Can you please put another color on ?

I really like to use this site but its like a torch shining in my eyes. If there was a color I could put in even at the sides this would reduce the page hurting my eyes immensely.

Like many sites give you lots of color options to choose from cos they understand not everyone can comfortably use a site with certain colors.

I don't know why this is the case, that we are made this way.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

suz62
reply to post by freedomentered

Then how is it that you keep posting? Shouldn't you save your eyes?

You really hav'nt thought that through, have you?
Im off to rest my old eyes.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join