It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We may be launching ATS.5/3 today.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Seriously, what do I do complain?.. I mean this a joke. It may seem funny but I can garuntee this website within 2 months of use will MESS UP MY EYES! completely and no its not an over exaggeration. Its soooo badly thought out.

I can use the buttons and navigate about I don't have an issue with that but its really unethical.

Shall I just leave?
edit on 30-8-2013 by freedomentered because: (no reason given)

link   

Phage

I hate it.
edit on 8/30/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I'm not feeling it either, its too bright and too much waisted space. What happened to the columns?
I'm sure many will like it but I think it needs a few more tweaks.
Good effort though.

link   

ImpactoR
Do the tabs that used to be at the bottom where you could go to your Posts, Threads, Messages still exist?

Sure they do. Click on the 'little person outline' at the lower left of your avatar/profile, and a window will popup with all those options available:

profile, posts, threads, ALERT, etc

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That means it's stored somewhere on your machine. Check your browser settings for stored passwords.

Thanks Phage, it is stored on my machine huh?

Wonder how I am going t figure that out.

OH well pictures are overrated, lol

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

freedomentered

Seriously, what do I do complain?.. I mean this a joke. It may seem funny but I can garuntee this website within 2 months of use will MESS UP MY EYES! completely and no its not an over exaggeration. Its soooo badly thought out.

I can use the buttons and navigate about I don't have an issue with that but its really unethical in many ways.

have you tried/considered the 'dark' option?

top right. icon furthest to the right. half-colored circle. click it.

link   
Well it was really messed up on my phone browser, couldn't find the log in button, ads were showing up in odd places, nothing seemed to work well at all... Then I checked my browser settings, and went to advanced, clicked restore default settings, and bam... It's all good now.

link   
reply to post by freedomentered

Not to be a smart ass, but did you give the darker version a try yet?

link   
reply to post by freedomentered

Are you using the dark version?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Dumbass

suz62

loam
Can someone help me figure out how to login to the mobile version? All I see is the join option.

Go to ACCOUNT. You can change it there at the bottom of the page.

You have to be logged in to do that in the mobile version.
When being logged out account gives a blank page.

I think he is talking about a missing login button here:

You can't change account setting while not being in your account

It is working now. Thanks for the fast solution!

link   
No way this is cool! I like it a lot! The dark version is super smooth on the eyes. The only thing that I would recommend is that by default, it should be set to the darker version. First time visitors would totally be blown back by all of that white. Other than that, I love the new design! I want to marry it.

link   
I think I don't really dislike this. My Issues are with the icons , dividing lines etc, it has to be dark. Otherwise, it is going to look like a big wall of text to the eyes.

edit on 30-8-2013 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hate it. Too bright for nightime browsing. Hard to understand where one reply ends and the next starts. Bland.

link   

freedomentered

I can use the buttons and navigate about I don't have an issue with that but its really unethical.

Shall I just leave?

Well if it's a choice between going blind and staying on ATS then leave.
It's definitely not easy on the eye but hey, just limit your time.

Maybe take up pottery or fly a kite?

link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'm not sure if it's been covered yet but the upload section is asking for user name and password. It wont accept my members user name and password but if you just hit cancel it takes you there anyways....

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think two version should be available. A desktop and mobile

link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I did try the darker one but that was even worse.

I just need more color my eyes cannot process text on only two colors and no where have I ever seen such a limited color scheme.

link   

freedomentered
Just for the record ,there has never been a website I've been unable to use due to the coloring. Or lack of color/contrast.

Still...some color would be nice....

Just sayin...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Is there not way to "shrink" the font/layout/content? It seems likes it has taken over the entire window. Everything is so big I feel like I need to back away, and I'm using FF.

The older version was small, cleaner, more polished, a lot tighter, and certainly easier on the eyes.

Like with Google's change, there should be a setting to view it in different sizes, which is the first thing I did when Google changed their layout. They at least offered size layout (comfortable/cozy/compact), and everything was too large for me except for compact.

I'm thankful for the dark option, at least, and I'm sure I'll get used to it, it's just the initial shock and change is unsettling.

Would like a size/layout setting though. If I could shrink the content by 25% it would make it better, IMO.

ETA: Otherwise, I actually like the new format/layout, the icons (not the smileys), all that stuff, it's just TOO BIG!! LOL

edit on 30-8-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

If you are on Firefox, go to options, security, and there is a button that says "saved passwords". Click on it and find the abovetopsecret password

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

Exactly the blandness makes it hard to tell who said what.... meaning the thread finding because near impossible. Its like an overload on the brain totally.

Because its grey and white..... simply that's all. I mean come on??

I think that no one is responding to our feelings and the facts for some folk on here and its very bad...

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join