It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: DNA test verified bin Laden's ID, secret Snowden docs show

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I know what ya mean. Stuff is divided up like crazy in the military. Only people with the "need to know" know. So I too doubt Snowden had access to anything on OBL. I'm more likely to believe someone from Anon, than Snowden leaking this type of info.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Okay, good catch on that. It's important to note something about it though. That's 17 pages of a 43 page document. For the reason Swills said, I won't direct link to the documents as the classification stamps aren't crossed out or stamped as declassified.

Cryptome has them though. Some redacted from FOIA requests as well.

If this is just a piece of what Snowden put onto flash drives in the weeks prior to leaving and took with him? Oh... Umm... Manning is a wee little gold fish by comparison to the whale. He must have gone real deep into the networks to get mundane but really important things like this. I'm sure this perked up economic intelligence sections in nations all over the world.

Too bad we don't get their reports as easily.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pont52

Logically thinking, he somehow hacked his way in, but then again I know how their security works & it doesn't make sense he could hack that because its beyond hacking. I just don't believe he had blanket access to so much information.

It's all fishy.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pont52
reply to post by Swills

I know what ya mean. Stuff is divided up like crazy in the military. Only people with the "need to know" know. So I too doubt Snowden had access to anything on OBL. I'm more likely to believe someone from Anon, than Snowden leaking this type of info.

Wow people really give those script kiddies a lot of credit.
So anon would have more leverage than the guy servicing the actual hard drives?
The logic involved there is something I just cannot follow.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
reply to post by Swills

Why not release it? Well... Has anyone asked themselves what a "Forensics Intelligence Laboratory" is? That may have been what the piece of sensitive data within the report was to see here. Take a quick look at what that can encompass and it sure doesn't say they used shipboard facilities. Nor have I ever heard anyone suggest they did. In fact, the crew was kept clear away from anything related to this, as I recall reports at the time.

Yeah.. If you see what all those labs are capable of and consider how absurdly paranoid Obama was being about offending anyone at the moment...(Maybe some backroom deal elsewhere he didn't want screwed up..who knows)... I can think of a few reasons why they wouldn't want details made public. Especially at that time. The US hadn't lost all effectiveness in diplomacy at that point yet.

* Added

Swills, I know you didn't have access to all that, and that's the point. The Government has been saying for weeks they are not sure what he got, let alone what he took with him. He was moving outside the audit trails....like his job entailed as a Network Admin.

You had access to the networks. HE had access to the command level prompts of the drives and data sources they sat on. Seeing this report pop up as how obscure he may have gotten to how much he may have hoovered, puts a whole new twist on things in some contexts. The Gov may be learning by this, how much he really got to. If the supplies of Valium in Washington D.C. pharmacies drop suddenly, you'll know it's accurate.
edit on 29-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

People seem to think that being a network admin on SIPRnet gives you some sort of super ability to see and have access to everything under the sun; I dont really know how to explain it any more than I have in the past, but it just does not work that way. I am also a government contractor working as a network administrator on SIPRnet, but that by no means indicates that I have been given access to that information or have the ability to "move outside the audit trail", as you stated above.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Yes people do give them too much credit but that's only because people don't get that Govts, military's, & intel agencies don't keep classified material connected to the Internet. They have their own classified Internet ranging from secret to top secret & beyond. Anon cannot hack into these systems.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

The only ref to Bin Laden in these docs has his name spelled "Bin Ladin".

And nothing about any DNA.

Hmmm.

Unless I am looking at the wrong doc?

Where is the doc itself linked in the OP stories?

I'm not seeing any.

Hmmmm.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

The Guardian shared some docs with the NY Times I believe. Possible someone passed the intel to the Post. Or perhaps it's came via the administration. They could use a win in the media right now.

To me it doesn't matter much. If OBL is dead that's good enough.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Siprnet is no fun because the highest classification allowed on that network is Secret and the really good stuff is Top Secret/SCI.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Is it possible the Wash Post is full of it?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Hmmm.

And, why no link to the full doc in the referred to stories?

Very suspicious.

Almost like it's a parrot attempt to just instill the Bin Laden 'death' story.

Hmmmm.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Manning had SIPRNet access. Snowden was Top Secret/SCI and working the network stuff. Manning was a lower level analyst. Snowden was an IT Tech working the infrastructure, as I've understood his statements back to the big one when he first came out, so to speak. Manning was US Army. Snowden was NSA, then CIA, then NSA again under the payroll of multiple contractors. So he followed the client, not the contractor.

The report right there is Special Intelligence / Talent-Keyhole level. I'm not quite sure what all comes with that, but it's one of multiple TS specifications I've seen now on documents sourced from Snowden.

The problem is...given where he is now? The more interesting his leaks for us to see (and those original/complete papers are ..ahem.. !WOW! for a budget guy like me) the more damaging they are.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Yeah !!

I would say 'Highly' possible at this point.

Somebody might be 'exploiting' fake Snowden leaks

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000

Manning had SIPRNet access. Snowden was Top Secret/SCI and working the network stuff. Manning was a lower level analyst. Snowden was an IT Tech working the infrastructure, as I've understood his statements back to the big one when he first came out, so to speak. Manning was US Army. Snowden was NSA, then CIA, then NSA again under the payroll of multiple contractors. So he followed the client, not the contractor.

The report right there is Special Intelligence / Talent-Keyhole level. I'm not quite sure what all comes with that, but it's one of multiple TS specifications I've seen now on documents sourced from Snowden.

The problem is...given where he is now? The more interesting his leaks for us to see (and those original/complete papers are ..ahem.. !WOW! for a budget guy like me) the more damaging they are.

Budget-wise, what he leaked could not possibly be completely accurate. Regardless of the access that he had, the level of probability that he could get anywhere close to complete information on US "black ops" budgeting is pretty much zero. It is pretty safe to say that no single person in the US has access to get to all of that information. I'm confident that the budget is higher due to him not being able to get to it all.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by Swills

Yeah !!

I would say 'Highly' possible at this point.

Somebody might be 'exploiting' fake Snowden leaks

So the leaks people don't like or fit into their views will be deemed "fake" from here on out?
That position some people are taking to this revelation here concerning Bin Laden, is tainting and eroding the value of any of the leaked Snowden info.
Interesting.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I never thought different.

As a matter of fact this is a good way to backtrack
News,Alternative News, & AM Talkradio to see
who promoted and gave traction to
the "Bin Laden still alive" stories.

I bet it's not MSNBC.
Just sayin..

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

So the leaks people don't like or fit into their views will be deemed "fake" from here on out?
That position some people are taking to this revelation here concerning Bin Laden, is tainting and eroding the value of any of the leaked Snowden info.
Interesting.

Well I see zero in the entire doc (all 46 pages or whatever it is).

No 'dna' references, and Bin Laden is spelled 'Bin Ladin'.

And no links to any docs in the stories, just cheap talk and 'possibilities'.

Don't ask where I am seeing the full doc.

A full investigation is underway

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

It's not so much that. He's just looking for evidence the post claims they saw, have, etc. They're still reading the docs so that info may turn up.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
here's the WP article.

nothing links to the doc.

To hunt Osama bin Laden, satellites watched over Abbottabad, Pakistan, and Navy SEALs

Hmmmm.

Perhaps they are sensationalizing the whole Snowden deal ?

Using 'Snowden' to somehow instill proof that something highly questionable actually 'happened'

I'm NOT convinced.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Just wait and see if Snowden's "leaks" start pointing at other countries like another known leaker...

Why not dispel some rumors/conspiracy theories while you're at it eh?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join