It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I didn't realize that correcting revisionist history, or wrong facts was supporting an ideal. So sorry for that.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

well i guess its time to impeach his butt because if he attacks a sovereign nation without congressional approval isn't that illegal

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by UnBreakable

The entire region was supported by Soviet weapons in the past, so why is it so different now? In previous wars chemical weapons were USED, so again, what's so different now?

You're right, nothing is different now. The whole complexion of the ME is the same as it was forty years ago re: Iraq, Iran, Egypt, etc. Syria will go away with it's tail between it's legs if we take military action.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The political and military situation with regards to Israel , which is what we were talking about has changed very little from the last war they were involved in. But if you want to magically make any opponent of Israel student ten times stronger than they've ever been you go right ahead and live in your own little world.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
So, where is that NK satellite right about now? Over the good old USA? Seems it passes over or near NORAD directly for the next 12 days....

Link

Really suck if it did become a high altitude EMP burst...

edit on 27-8-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Times have moved on that was the past I'm not saying your wrong but who knows what the outcome would bring in the ME.

Regarding the weapons they've got a lot more advanced since then.

Syria either makes a hard stance or Whimper to the international military invention, it could go ugly if Russia stands by them and even uglier if Iran open the gates of hell in the ME.

edit on 27-8-2013 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I feel like iam in an environmental class whenever they talk about syria.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
reply to post by xavi1000

You got a better idea?

It might just be that this has to happen. There are huge ships full of heavenly soldiers gathered and waiting for the great war to begin...it seems like time.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

Some Alaskan oil leaving Valdez makes it's way to refineries along the west coast. I'm pretty sure Long Beach, CA gets some of that oil. I'm not sure where you're getting your information from,
but I'm pretty sure the some of that refined crude is being sold as gasoline in the USA.

Exploration has been shut down at every step for ANWR by the Sec. of the Interior. The administration simply refuses to even allow 3-d seismic/radar exploration just to see what's there.
edit on 27-8-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The political and military situation with regards to Israel , which is what we were talking about has changed very little from the last war they were involved in. But if you want to magically make any opponent of Israel student ten times stronger than they've ever been you go right ahead and live in your own little world.

I'm not saying you're wrong, in fact I hope you're right re: Israel vs Syria, the end result turning out the same as before. My point is that there are many more variables going into things now than in '73. Any pre-emptive attack by the US on Syria will be retaliated on Israel by proxy since Syria can't get to us directly.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The Israeli military is as close to the US military as any you will see in the world when it comes to training times, and they're almost as good when it comes to real combat time for some of their pilots. No one else in the region even comes close to the training time or combat time that either country has. That's a huge advantage to Israeli pilots and ground troops when it comes to stopping or attacking anyone coming after them.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Your title is misleading and clearly not based on facts

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by derfreebie

Some Alaskan oil leaving Valdez makes it's way to refineries along the west coast. I'm pretty sure Long Beach, CA gets some of that oil. I'm not sure where you're getting your information from,
but I'm pretty sure the some of that refined crude is being sold as gasoline in the USA.

Exploration has been shut down at every step for ANWR by the Sec. of the Interior. The administration simply refuses to even allow 3-d seismic/radar exploration just to see what's there.
edit on 27-8-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

Just checked with Snopes.com; if it's any consolation the debunking crew
is on duty for an "all barrels head to Japan".. but the ban on exports per 2005
was essentially lip service. I concede that 100% of our crude can't possibly
make it overseas, even though a .50 markup per barrel is pretty juicy for
transportation levels, and considering the crude per barrel, sure would be nice.
I none the less will take a B-slap in the ear for believing Lindsay Williams hook
line and life donut. It does seem there's a gray area that withian nobody knows
the real export numbers.. not even CATO.

Back to the thread, if I may.. I can't know with my limited feelers where the next
move is. There are more pieces in this chess game quadrant, however in a position
to get wiped than any other time I can remember. And I remember Nikita banging
the heel of his shoe on the table when I was 9. It smells bad already with the one
shoe off for over 50 years.. when the other drops there are going to be a lot of toys
coming out nobody ever saw before, DoD's famous for it.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I live near Stewart AFB in Newburgh, NY. Anything that I should be looking for that would hint towards combat ready deployments?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

More than normal C-5 movements. Stewart if I remember is the primary unit used to move the Patriot batteries around. Chances are they're going to use them again if they decide to move any into the area. If several aircraft (3-5) leave, and don't come back for days, then they may be moving something.
edit on 8/27/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

More than normal C-5 movements. Stewart if I remember is the primary unit used to move the Patriot batteries around. Chances are they're going to use them again if they decide to move any into the area.

Maybe they can use some of their left over equipment from Afghanistan/Iraq that they are trying to auction off, since it would be to expensive to fly it back to continental US. Ship them via C-5.

I would like to add that is one sexy aircraft.

OMG THAT PLANE ATE ANOTHER PLANE!

edit on 27-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

More than normal C-5 movements. Stewart if I remember is the primary unit used to move the Patriot batteries around. Chances are they're going to use them again if they decide to move any into the area. If several aircraft (3-5) leave, and don't come back for days, then they may be moving something.

My wife and I rented a car from Enterprise a few weeks back and I had the privilege to sit and watch 5 C-5s take off in what seemed like 3 minutes. All heading East towards Connecticut and obviously the Atlantic Ocean. Hmmm....

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Depends on if they plan on boots on the ground or not. Most of that equipment is vehicular. If they're going to put troops in, then yeah, I can see them moving it from Afghanistan.

Have you read up on the new M model C-5? Dear god that thing is a BEAST.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

No i have not. Reading into it now.

In the interim, please look at the image i posted above. Awesomeness.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Funny that C-5s came up now. We are heading down 35 in Texas towards Laredo, and just got buzzed by one near San Antonio. Looks like he's doing touch and goes.

But 2 M models moved more cargo than something like 11 B models, in less than half the missions recently. They flew an M model with over 1 million pounds of cargo on board.

I love pics like that. We used to have T-33s, and technically the only thing we had to do to them to fit them on a C-5 was take the wingtip tanks off (we disassembled them first of course, but they'd fit if all we did was take the tanks off).

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join