It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

They may have been moving something then. We have troops in Jordan that are vulnerable to an attack launched from Syria, as well as Turkey and other areas around there. Five of them going together means they were moving a LOT of cargo.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Did I miss something? Nothing in her tweets, nor in the linked articles, indicate we are taking any immediate action against Syria.

I've seen lots of build up to it, but nothing like the title suggests.

Could someone fill me in on what I'm missing or misunderstanding?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I figured as much. I haven't seen that many C-5s take off in such a short amount of time since right after 9/11
edit on 27-8-2013 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Xtrozero

Except how is the UN going to handle it? They have no military forces except those of the member states, and any action can and probably will be vetoed by Russia. The UN can't handle finding their way out of a paper bag and needs to just go away already.

The UN has its own miltary force and they are of the peace-keeping type.

reply to post by Xtrozero

The UN needs to be replaced by something that one nation doesn't have the ability to unilaterally block any action. As it stands now, nothing can be done by anyone, because someone that doesn't agree has the right to veto any action. So what's the point?

I always disliked the security council because all members are war mongering bullies.

It could easily be replaced by the general assembly and a majority vote determing if action is suitable or not.

I feel confident that if a vote on syria came to pass that the vast majority of nations would decline permission.

Assad is not responsible, the muslim brotherhood is because NATO bankers and the military industrial complex shills support the proxy action and have proved it by funding and arming the rebels till this day. Its not a suprise as to who supports who. I personally do NOT want muslim fanatics rulling the middle east because they hate religious minorities.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
From the news, it could be Thursday. GW proved it can be done with little repercussions so future US presidents will fire on a sovereign nation, also.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
The UN has its own miltary force and they are of the peace-keeping type.

UN Peacekeepers come from the member nations. There is no actual UN military force. When the UN announces a mission, they go to each member nation and ask them to supply troops to support the mission, under the UN umbrella.

The UN has no standing army or police force of its own, and Member States are asked to contribute military and police personnel required for each operation. Peacekeepers wear their countries’ uniform and are identified as UN Peacekeepers only by a UN blue helmet or beret and a badge.

Civilian staff of peacekeeping operations are international civil servants, recruited and deployed by the UN Secretariat.

www.un.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnmitigatedDisaster
Did I miss something? Nothing in her tweets, nor in the linked articles, indicate we are taking any immediate action against Syria.

I've seen lots of build up to it, but nothing like the title suggests.

Could someone fill me in on what I'm missing or misunderstanding?

Me too, there are two days to go before it is discussed in UK's parliament, well Thursday to be exact, that is not within hours. There is no action intended until the UN inspectors have made their report and left, regardless that the report itself seems to be likely a very limited one. If the UK is waiting, then I guess the US, and France and the rest are waiting too. Plenty of time for Obama to have a good chinwag in Washington.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

The entire 1973 Yom Kippur War was a proxy battle between the Americans (through Israel) and the Soviets (through Egypt and Syria). And surprise surprise, it ended with the Israelis thoroughly stomping Egypt, Syria and Jordan.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Regardless you should ask yourself why usa, france, uk have determined that assad used chemical weapons before the UN inspection team even had the chance to investigate claims. They said chemical weapons were used BY SOMEONE, and THE USUAL THREE WARMONGERS are already planning actions. Why arent the other 250 nations equally convinced as to what is going on there? Do you know how many countries there are on this planet?

So let me get this straight. USA, France, UK have supported the rebels from day 1 and thus assad is guilty no matter what. From the russian perspective assad can do NOTHING WRONG either.

Its bs theatrics for world war 3 and it seems inevitable. Russia and china could annihilate the USA and europe with nukes if wanted to. I think they have plenty regardless of how good ronald reagens star wars program works. If they launch 100 nukes and 20 hit that is plenty.

Americans and western europeans have nothing to gain by installing muslim brotherhood in the middle east.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I've got a bad feeling about this...

Its not rocket science, a war is going to have to start within this decade...

Everything is unbalanced to hell...

Gonna have to pay the piper....

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I see, okay, that makes sense. I was thinking of tactical nuclear weapon use - something that could even be used in naval combat.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

This will be anything but WWIII. Neither side wants even a regional war and will do everything possible to limit themselves to keeping it in Syria. If it were to go to a conventional war Russia would HAVE to use nukes, as their military is in terrible shape, and that's the last thing anyone wants. Russia may have enough nukes to destroy the US, but the US has more than enough to destroy Russia too.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

Its not rocket science, a war is going to have to start within this decade...

Everything is unbalanced to hell...

Gonna have to pay the piper....

The only war that NEEDS to start is against the elite who THINK they own this planet and can do whatever the # they please without asking anyone and using all kinds of PRETENSES to do so.

I know about bilderbergers, globalism and the role the stock market plays, false flag attacks, the BS global warming theme, the wars, the liberal disease of spend-spend-spend because I want more interest on those T-bills.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

They could go with tactical nukes, but they'd only be able to get a few of our bases before it became a huge mess. US policy has been to respond to WMD attacks with similar weapons, so we'd almost HAVE to go nuclear as well. Then it could become very ugly, very fast.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

reply to post by darkbake

They could go with tactical nukes, but they'd only be able to get a few of our bases before it became a huge mess. US policy has been to respond to WMD attacks with similar weapons, so we'd almost HAVE to go nuclear as well. Then it could become very ugly, very fast.

Thats why we dont belong in the middle east. We are messing with china and russia in the long run and if we keep messing with them, then who knows what will happen?

Not to mention our troops are exhausted from fighting in afghanistan and iraq, AND our deficit is nearing 17 trillion dollars. Think risk versus reward.........all risk and ZERO reward!

I know you are patriotic since you belong to the military, but dont confuse the evil democrats and republicans whom answer to the bilderbergers as patriots. The government needs to answer to its voting base and last time I checked the vast majority oppose action strongly.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Sharingan

Or, and this is a radical thought, go through with your annual exercise that happens about the this time every year.

If you dont like the occasional theory being thrown out there, why are you on a conspiracy site?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I'm only allowed to theorize, or have to subscribe to all theories or leave the site.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
For anyone that is actually interested, the E-4B arrived in Turkey today. That is one of the last pieces needed to be put into place.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
where is the proof of who did the chemical attack? are the rebels religious extremists? why are we backing the rebels, are they pro democracy and what makes us think they can be trusted? imo the u.s is damned if they do damned if they don't. if we don't do anything people will condemn us for not intervening, if we do something people will condemn us for sticking our noses where it doesn't belong. haters gonna hate!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I'm only allowed to theorize, or have to subscribe to all theories or leave the site.

Nobody said to leave the sight, putting words in my mouth. God forbid, someone state a theory, on one of the largest conspiracy theory sites.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join