It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Except it's a lot more than "20 people". Thousands have been affected by the chemicals, and hundreds died outright from them.

At what point do we do something? When there's no one left? Do we just let the whole thing spill over into other countries because someone set off a chemical weapon at the border? When do we do something about this?

I guess that is the big question... Why didn't we take him out of office when he hit some magical number such as 1000 dead or 10,000 or 100,000...

Chemicals are truly a bizarre way to go in this day and age. Not tactical at all or efficient, maybe during WWI it was better than the weapons we had back then, but today unless you wanted to bomb cities of another nation and you are far away, like with the Kurds, it is stupid to use.

This in itself is a good reason to wait and see what is truly going on. I can see the rebels having a better reason to use chemicals on their own people to get the world to react than the other way around.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think Assad is going to be punished by missile strikes lasting a day or so. There is not going to be intervention.

This is tolerable and fine.

ZERO TOLERANCE FOR USING WMDs !!!!!!!!!

CRIMINALS SHOULD BE PUNISHED !!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Chemical weapons are weapons of mass destruction and outlawed.

The world is obligated to respond.

Weapons like these cannot be allowed to be used, plain and simple.

Although I personally don't want it to happen, it has to.
You cannot turn a blind eye to it, or it will become more commonly used.
edit on 27-8-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

Ok let the world respond... oh you mean the US is obligated to respond. Is Russia or China obligated too?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

You should look into "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by Major Jenkins. He basically explains how the IMF/Rothschild's and others hijack a country by giving them loans they can never pay back.

Then, instead of paying back the loan these banking cabals say, "sell us your oil, let us build bases, give us your rainforests instead".

Well, usually the dictator in charge says "NO!" so they use covert means to try and cause a civil uprising/coup. If that fails then they send in assassins. Now if *that* fails, we send in the military.

And that is exactly what is happening in Syria. SMH.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

You should look into "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by Major Jenkins. He basically explains how the IMF/Rothschild's and others hijack a country by giving them loans they can never pay back.

That book was a great read...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

That book was a great read...

It certainly helps makes sense of everything that's happened and is going on.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i am probably going to get burned but I will say it anyway. Could the reason being that the government is so gung-ho about going into Syria is that the debt ceiling is going to be reached again this October and the gov will be out of money and this is a distraction to keep people away from the debt ceiling?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

The US is one of the few countries able to respond.

Russia won't respond as they back Assad, although they really should, it would help a lot. It sucks that the US is having to play police to the world. Sometimes it is not correct in it's policies, just like some police get over zealous.

However, in this situation, there is the need to put a stop to it, and no one else has the might or the drive to.

Sucky situation all the way around.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Seriously S+F for this -- this is an awesome way to describe it, and I will be using this for comparison when talking to people about this action.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
thanks for this post:

reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

there is still a lot of time and protocols to follow for an Immenent Strike to take place...

that 20 minutes or 20 hours will be more realistically 20+ Days

just go back and read the sequences of events that led to Gulf War I and the GWB/Cheney Invasion of Iraq...

a long list of required protocols like sanctions, deadlines, including UN Security council approvals of military action must take place first..~or else this newest coalition of Avengers will be the rogue states that are hellbent on lawlessness~

Øbama is just blowing smoke and hoping that the opposition will make an aggressive mistake...like launching preemptive strikes on Israeli warplanes-airfields that are likely to precede the cruise missile barrages threatned by the USA led war machine

I just don't see this Attack-Syria-Strongly campaign as even the 1 October surprize
edit on 27-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

BTW... there's reports that snipers have fired on the UN as they approached a inspection site in W. Damascus...

hmm... wheres those spy drones when they are needed ? thus finding out whose shooting ---the Syrians or the raw-liver eaters in the FSA (barbaric cannibalism by the US supplied rebel leader as an example of their type of governance to expect)
edit on 27-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

They're planning something, because there was a large tanker move yesterday to that region. Eighteen aircraft departed from the mainland heading to the Cyprus area.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

The US is one of the few countries able to respond.

Most likely need to say "willing to respond"

Once again if the rest of the world just wants to sit back then I would say the world has spoken. You know this gives Iran a reason join in too, and maybe Russia if that is their plan.

I'm not some hippy "love, not war" kind a guy. I spent 28 years in the military and been in just about everything since the early 80s and I even been to Afghanistan and Africa 3 times this year alone, so when I say it is not our fight without the whole world backing us and we don't need to lead the charge, I may know a little about what I'm suggesting.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yesterday you spoke of the size of the tanker in particularly the amount of fuel was being readied. Could you give us a rough estimate how much fuel that can deliver/ duration...

I mean could you make an educated guess with that amount of information how big the scale of the "attack " would be.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The U S is damned if we do and damned if we don't on this issue. If we go in or "just bomb" them there will be civilian casualties. I know, I know .... our targeting abilities are amazing but, do you really think civilians will not be killed? If we stay out we will hear "The U S could have stopped this." It's a lose/lose proposition. So if we are to be damned either way, let's keep our military out of it. Don't send our troops in to be killed. Sorry if that sounds harsh. Go in we lose. Stay out we lose, so let's keep our troops alive and stay out.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
USA is not "World COPS" USA is a bunch of greedy corporations and bought for politicians. We're bombing Syria to protect American business interests, the same ones who put Obama in office. Don't be so naive!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Not forgetting that British Army bases Akrotiri and Dhekelia have been really active other the last 2 -3 days.
Preparations most likely.

Joint US, UK and French personal will be based here I believe.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

This same logic started the US civil war. Nice post.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

The RAF had a planned deployment for Cyprus, that was set up long before this ever happened. They were taking Typhoons there for an annual summer exercise for pilots and maintenance guys to learn on them.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by othello
i am probably going to get burned but I will say it anyway. Could the reason being that the government is so gung-ho about going into Syria is that the debt ceiling is going to be reached again this October and the gov will be out of money and this is a distraction to keep people away from the debt ceiling?

You won't get burned by me . Wouldn't put it past them to use a Syrian false flag to divert attention away from the economic collapse which will make itself apparent to all with the Oct. 4th crash.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by deviant300

The RAF had a planned deployment for Cyprus, that was set up long before this ever happened. They were taking Typhoons there for an annual summer exercise for pilots and maintenance guys to learn on them.

No better time to plan WAY ahead for an invasion, hide it within an annual training exercise.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join