It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

And god forbid that someone with some knowledge of the topic refute it, on a discussion site.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

And god forbid that someone with some knowledge of the topic refute it, on a discussion site.

You refuted that it could be somewhat suspicious that warships are gathering in the Mediterranean at the same time that an annual air training exercise takes place.
I think thats more of an opinion, just as mine was... good try though.
Anyway, have fun arguing about opinions, since you know it all

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I've never said that I know it all, and I never will say that I know it all. But when you have a deployment going on at the same time that it has happened in previous years, despite there being ships built up at the same time, then the chances are that it's going to be the same deployment that it has always been. Especially when it's the same squadron that has always deployed to that area, that is in charge of training. But you're right, it couldn't possibly be a routine movement, or a routine exercise, there's no such thing. It HAS to be Syrian related.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I found this Aussie article interesting,

www.smh.com.au...

It's something to bear in mind, since the price of fuel is already taking a hike. So if this story is true in essence, the US is using the Saudis to negotiate with Putin by using oily danglys, in the hope he would back away from Assad. It doesn't seem to have worked. Putin then is in a pretty invidious position, since not mentioned in the link, there is already a deal between Putin and Assad that Putin controls the Syrian pipelines, moreover in that, there is also a deal for Russian and Chinese involvement in rebuilding Syria infrastructure once the rebels would be defeated. This is once again about an oil grab, not much doubt about that. That makes the truth about the chemical weapons deployment so much harder to ascertain. Both sides anyone?
In edit; I didn't add a link to the Putin-Assad deal, you can read it here;

kleinonline.wnd.com...
So, I again stress to bear it in mind, and while there is a lot of info contained in the link, if this June 2013 story is true in essence.
edit on 27-8-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Just worried what I said above is going to get lost in the flurry of noise.

It's very important if you ask me to realize that Natasha Mozgovaya didn't say this first hand as if she got information about an attack.. Natasha Mozgovaya was quoting someone elses OPINION on twitter..

Direct link to the post, note it's surrounded in quotes: twitter.com...

"I believe a missile strike against #Assad forces is imminent & Obama will notify us in 20 minutes, the strikes will begin"

9 minutes later she posted this: twitter.com...

She didn't mean next 20 minutes
She meant there will b little warning in her opinion

So no she doesn't know anything about an imminent strike and and it's not "according to Natasha Mozgovaya" .. she was merely quoting someone else's opinion

I think we all expect an attack to some degree... but I think it's unfair to attribute this to Natasha.. Twitter is the kind of place where things get taken incorrectly... people don't pay attention when something is a quote, or an opinion vs fact and actual breaking reporting .. =) ..

And by the way CNN hasn't said anything about an imminent attack that I can see.. they do say "some see missile strike as likely" which I think we all do.

Update: after reading her twitter feed, it sounds like the quote was from Susan Rice, and Susan Rice is apparently consulting with congress.
edit on 8/26/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

It will get lost in the flurry because people are going to ignore it because it doesn't suit the agenda they are pushing. God forbid we go with facts...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
None of America's business.

Not worth one American life.

We get creamed every time we stick our nose into one of these messes.

We have no clue who the Rebels are.

This looks like a convenient distraction from scandals.

We can not continue to ignore our own Constitution.

I hate war...

Agreed. My concern in this scenario is that the CIA or a rebel a group could have planted chemical munitions in cars or buildings and detonated them with timers, remote devices. This is a speculative deconstruction from circumstantial evidence early in the Iraq war that CIA, MI5 and possibly the MOSSAD had employed agents to carry out bombings of Shiite mosques and holy shrines to prolong the need for the western occupation as public resistance gained momentum.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The US Administration will not not air when they make the strike just after they make the strike.

The War Book Rules I guess to suprise the enemy with a strategic attack

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by deviant300

The US Administration will not not air when they make the strike just after they make the strike.

The War Book Rules I guess to suprise the enemy with a strategic attack

Depending on what side you believe, does the Syrian government / FSA give notice when they attack or deploy chemical weapons?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
heres some thoughts to rattle around in your brain....

1st is that Øbama can't unilaterally launch a air strike on Syria without the necessary 'proven' facts of Syria being the Provacateur/ guilty party

2nd... we know that the hundreds of cruise missles are costing One-Million each (at least since Gulf-War Iaccounting) will be very expensive for a ongoing--budget that exceeds $1.3 Trillion for as long as his term lasts, per year!

3rd... Øbama ...by sending the military assets into war-readiness is going to be paying the Troops/Navies for hazardous-Duty in a war zone (hence regaining some of the distain the military has for the closet-Muslim Øbama and his leadership (or lack there-of)

4th---- i feel that this whole maneuver is a strategic move only...designed to feign action but not going to attack...
the foreign nations feel obliged to follow the Øbama lead ~ but only because the Federal Reserve has secretly plowed Trillion$ into the banking system of nations like the UK, France...and the others being forced to follow the lead of this guy calling himself Barack H. Øbama

5th... this is a stall- delay tactic... which also has the effect of instilling into the American public that a 'dictatorial' person is the right thing to have as a leader... this whole charade is/was a conditioning program...aimed to circumvent congress & the war approval clause... plus to have us think the quick-unilateral decrees by Øbama ~ are a good thing ~

PFFT is my response to all the Items.... the regime should be brought up on charges
edit on 27-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Sorry if it's already been posted but it looks as though Israel has hit a research facility near Damascus.
Is this the opening volley, or just Israel's itchy finger?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

This is not new... this action occurred several months ago.

RT - ‘Israeli airstrike intended to stop Syrian scientific military research’
edit on 27-8-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

ooh is it that one.
ok I'll put my pants back on then

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
wow step aup and say no ppl.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
2nd... we know that the hundreds of cruise missles are costing One-Million each (at least since Gulf-War Iaccounting) will be very expensive for a ongoing--budget that exceeds $1.3 Trillion for as long as his term lasts, per year!

US very much looking for more reasons to keep printing money at current blistering rate and buying tomahawk or cruise or whatever missiles can only help but won't be enough. Unless a big money sink such as a new battle front is up and running soon they will have tough time justifying continuing to run the money press at current rate.

Just my 2cents.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

People seem to be missing the point...

This is not going to be a ground war... Its a limited air / missile strike and there is nothing to show the attack is imminent. It would be like arguing, as some have, that Russian ships in Syria are present to deter an attack when in reality its a repair facility / provision port for the Russians.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
whoever did the chemical attack needs to be punished. but fair and thorough evidence needs to be presented first.

small punishment but no intervention in the syrian civil war.

also those who have fueled and instigated the civil war also need to be punished. would that include the US and EU in addition to arab nations?

100K have died as a result of weapons coming from saudi, kuwait and qatar.

300 people died in chemical attack but that was crossing the WMD line so it needs some punishment.
edit on 27-8-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
With The Figurehead's numbers tanking they need to do something to get the rest of the nation to rally around the puppet.This worked for W. so why not Barack? Thing is more people are aware then they were back then so it's a tougher sell.They have some hackers attack the NY Times implying that Assad's people can do much worse damage they will slowly increase the fear factor.

PS:NO WAR ON SYRIA!!!
edit on 083131p://1726 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

There's quite a bit to show the attack is imminent, if you know where to look. There are moves that have been made recently that are generally only done when something is close. They just moved a substantial tanker force to the region, and not near any of our other bases, but close to Syria. The E-4B just landed in Turkey today, they don't just fly them around to other countries for no reason, as there are only 4 of them. If you know where you're looking, and what you're looking at the evidence is there.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by PINGi14

People seem to be missing the point...

This is not going to be a ground war... Its a limited air / missile strike and there is nothing to show the attack is imminent. It would be like arguing, as some have, that Russian ships in Syria are present to deter an attack when in reality its a repair facility / provision port for the Russians.

Sounds familiar?

The problem is that Shiites will not retaliate against just the military... Syria will lead to Iran one way or another. Clandestine terrorist cells may go active and launch attacks against western interests in the region, Europe and even in the USA.

They may be looking to confront the Assad regime, but in that process only break open the mother of all hornet nests..

It had better be all or nothing, preferably nothing. You can't get away with half-ass surgical strikes...

Again, maybe they want to provoke this, to justify their terrorist attacks, and fulfill their twisted Islamic prophecies...

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Possible that US engages in 'punishment' type strike i.e. limited

But Syria retaliates with attack Israel, US assets in Jordan etc.

Then it becomes a full blown attack on Syria.

Worst if Syria responds with Chemicals then Damascus will be NUKED fulfilling the biblican prophecy that this city will be ruined.

Syrian allies Iran, Hizbulloh will surely respond

Question is how will Russia respond? weapons support is most likely.

Russia does not have any ground, air or naval capability to declare war on US-NATO.

However, behind the scenes Iran can create lots of problems in Afghanistan and Iraq.

It will be a MESS..........something our peaceful minds do not deserve.

edit on 27-8-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join