It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval

Natasha Mozgovaya twitter feed

According to an Reporter Natasha Mozgovaya Obama is preparing immanent strikes agaisnt Syria without any evidence nor an Congress vote expect for consulting with few members of the congress such as the outspoken interventionist Eliot Engel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theguardian.com
www.theguardian.com
edit on 26-8-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Aug 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: changed source title for accuracy

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval.

Here are the tweets from the reporter.

"Another angle fr @RepEliotEngel: "#SecKerry called me earlier 2 consult on the recent events in #Syria; pleased Adm consulting w/ Congress"

"@RosLehtinen: "I believe a missile strike against #Assad forces is imminent & Obama will notify us in 20 minutes, the strikes will begin""

The quick imminent claims of starting undeclared air strikes follows the alleged chemical attack in the area near Jobar where a source told the SAA forces fired no such missiles.

This also comes after Russia has stated the West has no proof that Assad or SAA forces, 155th brigade were behind it. Kerry and Hague both have a problem with there logic.

They both pressed for UN to check on months old CW-sites, now its to late to check what happened Wednesday? why? Kerry and Hauge both claimed today that the Syrian Government tried to cover the evidence by firing artillery on the site.

Although in military terms that is not possible as it sounds as if the western governments have or are trying to hide something as a cover for the rebels whom arent moderates.

The imminent air strikes come as the majority of Americans are opposed to it. Just as well the British are agaisnt an intervention.

This imminent short intervention could have serious negative fallout in the region as well with the costs.

twitter.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
(visit the link for the full news article)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Latest interview with President al-Assad

Syria will never become a western puppet state!

sana.sy...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Makes you ask the question how major of influence do both Sen John McCain and Lindsy have on the Government. While at the same time John McCain is in Asia. People arent buying the claims that it was Assad or the SAA forces.

Where are the anti war protesters?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Also from your twitter link

@BBCKimGhattas @PeterBeinart @RosLehtinen She didn't mean next 20 minutes
She meant there will b little warning in her opinion

These are opinions apparently .. I think we all expect an attack is iminent

And by the way, the quote wasn't from Natasha.. Natasha herself was quoting.. and the text she quoted was this

"I believe a missile strike against #Assad forces is imminent & Obama will notify us in 20 minutes, the strikes will begin"

So the title is a little inaccurate... Natasha was only quoting someone else's opinion .. not actual facts =)
edit on 8/26/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

+94 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
None of America's business.

Not worth one American life.

We get creamed every time we stick our nose into one of these messes.

We have no clue who the Rebels are.

This looks like a convenient distraction from scandals.

We can not continue to ignore our own Constitution.

I hate war...

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
First this

Then this

Latest interview with President al-Assad

Syria will never become a western puppet state!

Damascus, (SANA) – President Bashar al-Assad stressed that Syria is a sovereign country that will fight terrorism and will freely build relationships with countries in a way that best serves the interests of the Syrian people.

In an interview with the Russian newspaper of Izvestia, President al-Assad stressed that "the majority of those we are fighting are Takfiris, who adopt the al-Qaeda doctrine, in addition to a small number of outlaws."

On the alleged use of chemical weapons, President al-Assad said that the statements by the US administration, the West and other countries were made with disdain and blatant disrespect of their own public opinion, adding that "there isn’t a body in the world, let alone a superpower, that makes an accusation and then goes about collecting evidence to prove its point."

His Excellency stressed that these accusations are completely politicised and come on the back of the advances made by the Syrian Army against the terrorists.

Here is the full content of the interview:

Q1 Interviewer: Mr President, the most pressing question today is the current situation in Syria. What parts of the country remain under the rebels’ control?

President al-Assad: From our perspective, it’s not a matter of labelling areas as controlled by terrorists or by the government; we are not dealing with a conventional occupation to allow us to contextualise it in this manner. We are fighting terrorists infiltrating particular regions, towns or peripheral city areas. They wreak havoc, vandalise, destroy infrastructure and kill innocent civilians simply because they denounce them. The army mobilises into these areas with the security forces and law enforcement agencies to eradicate the terrorists, those who survive relocate to other areas. Therefore, the essence of our action is striking terrorism.

Our challenge, which has protracted the situation, is the influx of large amounts of terrorists from other countries - estimated in the tens of thousands at the very least. As long as they continue to receive financial and military aid, we will continue to strike them. I can confirm that there has not been any instance where the Syrian Army has planned to enter a particular location and has not succeeded in eliminating the terrorists within it.

The majority of those we are fighting are Takfiris, who adopt the al-Qaeda doctrine, in addition to a small number of outlaws

The majority of those we are fighting are Takfiris, who adopt the al-Qaeda doctrine, in addition to a small number of outlaws, so as I said this not about who controls more areas of land. Wherever terrorism strikes, we shall strike back.

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

edit on 8/26/2013 by Blaine91555 because: No EX tags or link and way to much of the article included.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
As I understand it from what's been replayed on CNN a few minutes ago, it's discussions on strikes at this point. Not to say they won't do it despite an enormous anti-war pitch from the public, but your title's a tad misleading.

This is the newest anything I've found online. Not much to go on, but it doesn't look promising for a non-intervention route.

President Obama spoke with Australian PM Rudd about Syria, discussed possible international responses: White House

Ticker on Reuters

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Iran and Syria both state that Israel will be attacked in retaliation if fired upon www.timesofisrael.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Warmongers one by one are on CNN

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Warmongers one by one are on CNN

Well of course they are. The mongers are obviously going to try to justify raining hell on another country to show dominance, and the media is lapping up the ratings. The people in general might not want to go anywhere near Syria, but watching the war mongers argue is like a train wreck -- Most can't help but watch.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Just worried what I said above is going to get lost in the flurry of noise.

It's very important if you ask me to realize that Natasha Mozgovaya didn't say this first hand as if she got information about an attack.. Natasha Mozgovaya was quoting someone elses OPINION on twitter..

Direct link to the post, note it's surrounded in quotes: twitter.com...

"I believe a missile strike against #Assad forces is imminent & Obama will notify us in 20 minutes, the strikes will begin"

9 minutes later she posted this: twitter.com...

She didn't mean next 20 minutes
She meant there will b little warning in her opinion

So no she doesn't know anything about an imminent strike and and it's not "according to Natasha Mozgovaya" .. she was merely quoting someone else's opinion

I think we all expect an attack to some degree... but I think it's unfair to attribute this to Natasha.. Twitter is the kind of place where things get taken incorrectly... people don't pay attention when something is a quote, or an opinion vs fact and actual breaking reporting .. =) ..

And by the way CNN hasn't said anything about an imminent attack that I can see.. they do say "some see missile strike as likely" which I think we all do.

Update: after reading her twitter feed, it sounds like the quote was from Susan Rice, and Susan Rice is apparently consulting with congress.
edit on 8/26/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
God help the Iranians, and the good but ignorant service people about to be sent to them.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Not worth one American life.

We get creamed every time we stick our nose into one of these messes.

We have no clue who the Rebels are.

This looks like a convenient distraction from scandals.

I hate war...

I would star this 100 times if I could.

When are people going to learn that the US will literally do anything necessary to get involved in a war that will benefit them, even if it means outright lying to the entire world.

Gulf of Tonkin 2 led to Vietnam and was a lie.
WMD's were in Iraq, which was a lie.
Osama was sought in Afghanistan for his ties to 9/11 which was a lie. (Btw Osama is dead and gone yet we are still there)
Now Assad is gassing his people?

There are many more important issues here at home that should be dealt with rather than sticking our nose in a civil war that we have no business involving ourselves in.
edit on 8/26/2013 by SpaDe_ because: spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

I hate war...

Well Said, War is Hell !!

Heck, I hate even when electricity gets out for an hour......war brings other major burning hell scenarios.

No thanks, I will enjoy my Peace Tea with cookies.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I read some more of the twitter feed.. the woman who actually said this was Susan Rice who's apparently consulting with congress about potential Syrian action.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
As I said on another thread I just find it interesting that Damascus is where the oil depot is and the pipeline runs through Syria. Also look at the prices of oil its going up.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
A British airbase in Cyprus is very active according to AJ and other sources.
Transports and fighters.

Meanwhile, warplanes and military transporters have been seen arriving at Britain's Akrotiri airbase on Cyprus, less than 160km from Syria's coastline, according to a report on the website of Britain's Guardian newspaper.

www.aljazeera.com

Here we go again.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I would support this if this operation was aimed at destabilizing both Assad and the Rebels.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Where are the anti war protesters?

they are now running the gov't.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join