It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a lurker no more!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
hello everyone,

like most folks in the introduction forum, i've been lurking for many many years and finally got to the point where i really had no justification for participating and truly believe that these forums are still one of the more-worthwhile ways to spend time on the Internet.
I'm a musician and an artist and believe that these are both languages of creation that we are ALL learning how to speak, but in our own accents and dialects. I believe in creation and individuality but i also hesitate to acknowledge any type of creator that resembles a "daddy-god" that is solely responsible for ALL creation and whom we are indebted to...
however i have to realize that all forms (not just of life, but of being) have the ability to create and destroy and ultimately, we are all expression of the original creator and our consciousness has one origin which is using this reality to better understand and amuse itself.
I'm really interested in philosophers and scientists such as Nikolae Tesla, Al Jazari, Robert Anton Wilson, Aleister Crowley, Alan Watts, and the Book of One texts.
and an extension of that list are artists that continue to shape my personal philosophy:
Moondog, Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, Philip Glass, Steve Reich, DEVO, and Frank Zappa..
and if you know of any others, I'm constantly in pursuit of new sounds and refined ideas

I hope I can contribute something to this community of thought!

-St1

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HyphenSt1

Welcome to THE Best Site on the Web! Here you will find Articles Both Thought Provoking, and Eye Opening. Confirmations of previous thought and Doors opening to new lines of thinking abound. Enjoy YourSelf! Later, Syx.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ya.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You have found a home.